PDA

View Full Version : Great article on water fasting

Cdsnuts
02-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Fasting shown to regenerate stem cells, reverse immunosuppression after three days - NaturalNews.com (http://www.naturalnews.com/049794_stem_cells_fasting_immune_system.html)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Snell1234
02-17-2017, 05:55 AM
On the topic of water fasting, have you got any advice on the re feeding process?

With my fasts, I believe I didn't break them as well as I would like due to my aversion to doing juicing.

For say a 3 day fast they mentioned in that article, how would you go about re introducing food (if you weren't going to juice)?

Cdsnuts
02-17-2017, 07:06 AM
On the topic of water fasting, have you got any advice on the re feeding process?

With my fasts, I believe I didn't break them as well as I would like due to my aversion to doing juicing.

For say a 3 day fast they mentioned in that article, how would you go about re introducing food (if you weren't going to juice)?

Why do you have an aversion to juice? What is it that you don't like? The work in making it? Lol.

Anyway, a three day fast isn't going to require juice to break. You ALWAYS want to break your fast with raw fruit. High water content raw fruit. Oranges, melons, grapes....etc. for at least one day. The following day you have raw fruit and salads, and at the end of the day, steamed veggies. Day three, you can go for rice, potatoes and heavier VEGGIES. By day four you can go to meats and basically back to a normal, healthy diet.

Longer fasts require a more slowly controlled refeeding process. For example, when I broke my 21 day water fast, I did two full days on juice. Two full days on raw high water content fruits. And then two full days with juice, fruits, and steamed veggies. By the sixth day I was able to eat salads and heavier veggies such as rice and potatoes. By the end of the week I was back to eating meat and veggies.

You want to keep your meals small, and frequent, always checking for stomach upset or nausea. After an extended fast, eating is going to make you sluggish as all hell until your body and digestion get's properly fired up. You don't want to push it.

There have been accounts of people who had just given up have way through an extended fast and wandered off center to go eat a big steak....they ended up in the hospital with a bowel obstruction. Doing that is like throwing a huge, wet log on a slow, barely smoldering old pile of coals from a long burned out fire. You need to feed the fire SLOWLY with easy to burn material until you get the digestive fire up and roaring again.

I hope this helps.

Snell1234
02-17-2017, 07:54 PM
Thanks, that's a big help.

I'm a bit concerned the juicing irritates my gut a bit so I'm more comfortable sticking to the method of water fasting and then refeeding how you mentioned.