PDA

View Full Version : Gonadin

TubZy
02-17-2017, 10:38 PM
Haidut just released a new product and I have to say this stuff looks pretty impressive..especially anyone will ball atrophy, lack of steroid, low T levels. It was shown to regrow hair too-pretty crazy and has anti aging skin benefits. If any of you try it please log it so we know.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/gonadin-steroid-optimizer-for-r-d.15620/

Maxout777
02-17-2017, 11:51 PM
This is an interesting find right here. Let us know how you feel on it my man.

Cdsnuts
02-22-2017, 06:46 PM
Haidut just released a new product and I have to say this stuff looks pretty impressive..especially anyone will ball atrophy, lack of steroid, low T levels. It was shown to regrow hair too-pretty crazy and has anti aging skin benefits. If any of you try it please log it so we know.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/gonadin-steroid-optimizer-for-r-d.15620/

You gonna give this a run Tubz?

TubZy
02-22-2017, 11:24 PM
You gonna give this a run Tubz?

Yeah, still waiting on it to arrive, hope for it to be here tomm

Master Mal
03-29-2017, 10:56 PM
Yeah, still waiting on it to arrive, hope for it to be here tomm

Hey, did you ever check this one out? Just curious how well it worked.

The battler
03-30-2017, 12:50 AM
Yo tubzy, i for one have testicular shrinkage despite LH and FSH levels of 10.1 from dutasteride usage.
Should I go for this?

coppersocks
03-31-2017, 01:51 AM
Let us know how you get on Tubzy. You're like the forums guinea pig at this stage!:D

TubZy
03-31-2017, 08:39 AM
Yes, it does work well, but for shrinkage and low LH I would also try high dose pregnenolone. Either by itself or together with gonadin.

High dose oral preg fixed the tightness and shrinkage in my sack. Many others as well. Try 150mg of pregnenolone in the morning.

Gonadin works but it increases metabolism more so of your glycogen stores are poor (like a lot of PFS are) you need to make sure you are eating enough calories and sugar.

Durantia37
03-31-2017, 10:41 AM
Hey tubzy, I've been considering preg, but I'm also really scared of it. How is taking it not suppressive? You're introducing an exogenous hormone right? Does it need to be combined with anything (estrogen blocker/reducer) to be safe?

TubZy
03-31-2017, 08:44 PM
Hey tubzy, I've been considering preg, but I'm also really scared of it. How is taking it not suppressive? You're introducing an exogenous hormone right? Does it need to be combined with anything (estrogen blocker/reducer) to be safe?

I did a full write up on it here: Pregnenolone - The Master Hormone - Anabolic Apex (http://anabolicapex.com/2017/02/04/pregnenolone/)

If you have any questions after reading it let me know. Basically, preg is one step after cholesterol. All bio-identical steroids in the body are on a positive feedback mechanism in physiological doses. Preg is not suppressive in any dose it actually promotes its synthesis. How it works, is that the higher up the steroids chain (the more you get closer to cholesterol) the more the body wants to utilize it. So for preg, the body wants as much as it can get of it, and doesn't down regulate when it senses there is too much in serum. It is one of the safest out of all bio-identical hormones (probably right next to progesterone). It keeps everything in check hence why it is always good to supplement with some preg regardless of which ever steroid, supplement etc. you are using.

It even help prevent shutdown from AAS use and increases fertility, I referenced the study in my above link.

The preg raises estrogen/cortisol is a myth. I also referenced the studies showing it does the opposite (lowers estrogen/inhibits cortisol). Yes, it possibly can convert to those hormones, if needed. Hence why it is suggested to take preg in combo with saturated steroids (DHT, androsterone, DHEA etc.) so one pathway doesn't get so overwhelmed and side effects will occur. Preg helps keep that in check.

The major benefit I got from preg was in high doses (150mg) due to the high conversion to progesterone and allopreg. Which is exactly what the studies show. I did not receive any benefit from anything under 50mg of preg b/c it converts more towards androgenic pathways. In my case, I was severely prog depleted.

I know this b/c I know use prog+dhea and get the same exact effect as just using high dose oral only preg, but better. If I use DHEA alone it fucks me up, I assume b/c it saturates the pathway and tanks my cortisol. So I say if you decided to try preg use it high doses like I did especially if you have shrinkage, tight sack, achy sack etc. It will drop it down low (which makes sense since it helps prevent AAS shutdown), I had this exact problem.

The reason some ppl get scared of preg b/c it stimulates metabolism and will create the need for more glucose. At higher doses of preg 200mg+ it can induce hyperthyroid state. And if you are not taking in enough sugar and calories you will feel worse to overstressing your metabolism. That is why ppl can complain of heart palps, anger etc from preg at high doses b/c they aren't taking in enough sugar.

Durantia37
03-31-2017, 10:49 PM
I have basically all the most extreme PFS sides to just about the highest degree possible in a still-living organism (just fyi). So yes, shrinkage of all kinds.

Why doesn't everyone with PFS take this instantly and without cease until full recovery? The only negative is you have to eat more glucose...nbd.

It sounds like this would some kind of overall balancing effect at any dose. Has this been your experience? Or you literally felt nothing below 50mg?

Also seems like, while taking this at high doses, you could theoretically take higher doses of e-lowering substances without having to worry about tanking. Is this backed up by experience as well? Res100 and pine pollen tincture, for example, could potentially tank e, but preg would prevent the possibility? While lowering cortisol? Why the fuck isn't everyone on preg.

TubZy
04-01-2017, 10:04 AM
I have basically all the most extreme PFS sides to just about the highest degree possible in a still-living organism (just fyi). So yes, shrinkage of all kinds.

Why doesn't everyone with PFS take this instantly and without cease until full recovery? The only negative is you have to eat more glucose...nbd.

It sounds like this would some kind of overall balancing effect at any dose. Has this been your experience? Or you literally felt nothing below 50mg?

Also seems like, while taking this at high doses, you could theoretically take higher doses of e-lowering substances without having to worry about tanking. Is this backed up by experience as well? Res100 and pine pollen tincture, for example, could potentially tank e, but preg would prevent the possibility? While lowering cortisol? Why the fuck isn't everyone on preg.

Beyond me man, I actually tried preg two years ago when I first came off but at a super low dose (50mg) and didn't do shit. Then when the study came out showing PFS patients are severely depleted in progesterone (which also is why they are depleted in allopreg and the further metabolites of progesterone like THDOC etc), it makes sense why high doses are needed since high doses of preg wil dump to progesterone. Using progesterone instead can work too, but it is a little more tricky to get the dose right. That is why I suggest trying high dose preg first because your body will regulate how much prog it gets.

The estrogen is not an issue with preg, but yeah you stack whatever you want with it, doesn't matter. Yes, it would help prevent it, hence why many people actually need to take preg with andro or their estrogen drops too low. I haven't seen many people here try that combo but on RP there are.

The people who don't respond to preg after a week or so of high dose supplementation, I usually just tell them to go directly to progesterone and dhea combo and that works for them.

It is not a 100% silver bullet but it fix many of your issues and of course you are pushing your body back in the right direction.

hossam
04-01-2017, 10:36 AM
Hey Tubzy, is it benefecial to use Preg during cycle?
FYR i never use HCG, i use Royal jelly, Pine Pollen, Ashwaganda

TubZy
04-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Hey Tubzy, is it benefecial to use Preg during cycle?
FYR i never use HCG, i use Royal jelly, Pine Pollen, Ashwaganda

For sure. Not only preg, but DHEA and vitamin K2 as well. Take a look at this thread when you get a chance, it goes through all the studies and I tested from my experience as well. I used to use HCG a long time ago and I noticed that high doses of preg drop my sack size back to normal the same way HCG does. Vitamin K2 MK4 is probably the only fat soluble vitamin I actually noticed an increase in androgens/decrease in estrogen from. It also mentions thyroid (t3) which I talk a lot about on here already, but I don't think it is 100% necessary. Ashwaganda can increase the conversion of T4 into T3 even a combo of caffeine and aspirin can mimic a lot of T3's functions. The reason I don't mention all of them is b/c sometimes you can do more harm than good (tanking estrogen and cortisol) especially with PFS people whose HPTA is really sensitive so pregnenolone is always the safest place to start.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/raising-serum-androgens-using-dhea-pregnenolone-and-vitamin-k.13505/

I think the herbs are good too not only on cycle but year round. I like the adaptogenic herbs because they modulate cortisol so they can help keep everything in check too, for example like how caffeine can cause an increase in stress hormones if glucose is not adequate. The herbs can help suppress that stress response, same thing as taking them preworkout as they help mitigate the rise in cortisol during training etc. Remember pine pollen includes many of the bioidentical steroids (DHEA, androsterone etc.) hence why it provides a lot of the benefits while on/off cycle specifically related in those studies.

So pregnenolone, DHEA, K2, niacinamide (cofactor enzyme for steroid synthesis), T3 or caffeine/aspirin combo (if needed) and the herbs should be a killer PCT and on cycle support to minimize any shutdown and help keep the body in balance, no need for HCG/clomid etc.

hossam
04-01-2017, 10:53 AM
For sure. Not only preg, but DHEA and vitamin K2 as well. Take a look at this thread when you get a chance, it goes through all the studies and I tested from my experience as well. I used to use HCG a long time ago and I noticed that high doses of preg drop my sack size back to normal the same way HCG does. Vitamin K2 MK4 is probably the only fat soluble vitamin I actually noticed an increase in androgens/decrease in estrogen from.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/raising-serum-androgens-using-dhea-pregnenolone-and-vitamin-k.13505/

I think the herbs are good too not only on cycle but year round. Remember pine pollen includes many of the bioidentical steroids (DHEA, androsterone etc.) hence why it provides a lot of the benefits while on/off cycle specifically related in those studies.

Thanks brother, i will be ordering very soon

coppersocks
04-04-2017, 03:14 AM
Hey Tubzy, I've gone through the entire thread of that RayPeats that you posted above regarding topical application of DHEA, Preg, Vitamin K and Thyroid. It seems really interesting and a good way to rev up steriodgenesis in the testes (as well as regulate cortisol and estrogen which I think I'm having issues with) and I think it's something I'd like to try at some stage. My nads seem to work in spits and starts at the moment; when they get going for a few days I'm noticeably much more horny and I have a more masculine odor from both my junk and general body, when they're not they still hang low and are warm to the touch which is a nice baseline to have but there's a definite difference to how they feel and my connection to them. This seems like a more direct kick start to them than taking oral preg as I am currently doing. I'm a bit lost however, how do I go about mixing these four chemicals into DMSO at a ratio the ratio suggested? Is there a thread explaining the process that I'm missing? Is it just a case of buying the ingredients and mixing them each time before application and if so, is there brands that you'd recommend as so far my only experience is in buying the tablet forms for ingestion.

TubZy
04-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Hey Tubzy, I've gone through the entire thread of that RayPeats that you posted above regarding topical application of DHEA, Preg, Vitamin K and Thyroid. It seems really interesting and a good way to rev up steriodgenesis in the testes (as well as regulate cortisol and estrogen which I think I'm having issues with) and I think it's something I'd like to try at some stage. My nads seem to work in spits and starts at the moment; when they get going for a few days I'm noticeably much more horny and I have a more masculine odor from both my junk and general body, when they're not they still hang low and are warm to the touch which is a nice baseline to have but there's a definite difference to how they feel and my connection to them. This seems like a more direct kick start to them than taking oral preg as I am currently doing. I'm a bit lost however, how do I go about mixing these four chemicals into DMSO at a ratio the ratio suggested? Is there a thread explaining the process that I'm missing? Is it just a case of buying the ingredients and mixing them each time before application and if so, is there brands that you'd recommend as so far my only experience is in buying the tablet forms for ingestion.

How much oral preg are you doing? Also, pine pollen powder would be good for that as well.

Regarding the topical application stuff, that is optional and mainly just pointed to it for references. You don't have to do/try that if you don't want to, but if you were looking at that route the products that most ppl use including me are Haidut's which is Ideal Labs. If you click on any of the products it will bring you to the thread of how it works and how to use etc.

IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery (http://www.idealabsdc.com/)
IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery - Laboratory Research Chemicals (http://www.idealabsdc.com/lab/)

coppersocks
04-04-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm doing 50mg of oral preg a day at the moment and about 15 mg of 5a-DHP if I'm working out, 10 if not.
I was particularly interested in that topical application of those four supplements on the scrotum as mentioned in the thread above as they seem to work directly to increase serum level androgens (DHT. androsterone, etc) much more than orally and in a much shorter time frame. Some guys on that thread seem to have really great results. I guess my question to you would be is there any pitfalls to this method unique to PFS sufferers? Should I worry about tanking my e as you've previously talked about when using the dosages suggested by Haidut? If I do go ahead I'd probably buy the drops of preg and DHEA seperately as opposed to getting Pansterone from ideal labs as the ratio of 1:1 isn't ideal for what haidut describes, I'd get the K2 from there but I'm kinda at a loss as to where to get T3 and not even sure it's legal to buy in Ireland (EDIT: found it as a research chemical)

I imagine I'm best off continuing with the protocol for now but I really want to get a head of this and have a plan of action ready to go once I've done that for a while.

TubZy
04-04-2017, 01:13 PM
I'm doing 50mg of oral preg a day at the moment and about 15 mg of 5a-DHP if I'm working out, 10 if not.
I was particularly interested in that topical application of those four supplements on the scrotum as mentioned in the thread above as they seem to work directly to increase serum level androgens (DHT. androsterone, etc) much more than orally and in a much shorter time frame. Some guys on that thread seem to have really great results. I guess my question to you would be is there any pitfalls to this method unique to PFS sufferers? Should I worry about tanking my e as you've previously talked about when using the dosages suggested by Haidut? If I do go ahead I'd probably buy the drops of preg and DHEA seperately as opposed to getting Pansterone from ideal labs as the ratio of 1:1 isn't ideal for what haidut describes, I'd get the K2 from there but I'm kinda at a loss as to where to get T3 and not even sure it's legal to buy in Ireland (EDIT: found it as a research chemical)

I imagine I'm best off continuing with the protocol for now but I really want to get a head of this and have a plan of action ready to go once I've done that for a while.

I mention this quite a lot but I felt absolutely nothing from 50mg of pregnenolone. I had to use 150mg taken in all one dose after breakfast (w/ food). Try doing exactly that for 1 week and measure results.

Sure, the topical supplements are on the site I mentioned vitamin K2 is "kuinone", preg/dhea is under "pansterone" etc. for high dose preg just use a reputable brand. I wouldn't use T3/thyroid yet unless you feel the need to absolutely need to a last resort. Preg alone will stimulate metabolism especially at the dose I mentioned so make sure you are eating enough protein and sugar.

The only pitfall for PFS people is we have a tendency to burn through glycogen stores extremely fast along with suffering from low cortisol/estrogen when using supplements. This is the exact reason why I always suggest preg alone first since it is the basic precursor to all steroids keeping everything check then you can add in things and go from there if needed. Another similar supplement that can also be supportive is caffeine or caffeine + aspirin. Take a look at my thread where caffeine increased steroid/neurosteroids by a huge amount specifically in the brain.

5a-DHP is OK w/ preg and other supplements but keep in mind it can also lower estrogen and cortisol. So having too many supplements that do that can make you feel worse. Specifically for the ball sack issue, high dose preg was the only supplement that really did the job.

coppersocks
04-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Ok thanks, I'll up the preg dose and see how I go for a week, I may lay off the DHP during this time also as looking at the signs of low E, I may be displaying them (fatigue, joint creaking, anxiety), but they could just be unrelated an part and parcel of PFS plus I've always had creaky joints.
I'll look into caffeine and aspirin also, I've always had quite a low tolerance to it and a month before my crash I actually quit all caffeine as it I was displaying signs of adrenal fatigue (probably exasperated by the fin also). By the time I quit it had stopped giving me a dopaministic response and would always just leave me jittery and anxious Haven't touched a drop since. Having said that I've read some of your posts on having it at the same time as the l-theanine and that seems to counter act the worse aspects of it. I don't know if I'll be able to work up to 1200mg any time soon though, I'd be swinging from the rafters.

TubZy
04-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Ok thanks, I'll up the preg dose and see how I go for a week, I may lay off the DHP during this time also as looking at the signs of low E, I may be displaying them (fatigue, joint creaking, anxiety), but they could just be unrelated an part and parcel of PFS plus I've always had creaky joints.
I'll look into caffeine and aspirin also, I've always had quite a low tolerance to it and a month before my crash I actually quit all caffeine as it I was displaying signs of adrenal fatigue (probably exasperated by the fin also). By the time I quit it had stopped giving me a dopaministic response and would always just leave me jittery and anxious Haven't touched a drop since. Having said that I've read some of your posts on having it at the same time as the l-theanine and that seems to counter act the worse aspects of it. I don't know if I'll be able to work up to 1200mg any time soon though, I'd be swinging from the rafters.

Good idea, I would lay off the 5a-dhp. Just try the preg only.

In regards to the caffeine, I was always sensitive to it even prior to PFS but honestly I think I would probably have a massive panic attack if I didn't use it with niacinamide at the dose I'm at now (600mg of caffeine in one sitting) lol. But the good news is that I'm already almost at a comfortable tolerance at this dose so I'm moving up quick.

If you need more support 5-6 grams of vit C will bring down cortisol quick too and other stress hormones from the caffeine. I think the biggest issue is taking it with a giant meal, lots of carbs, sugar, protein etc.

BTW the caffeine benefits, don't only come at the 1200mg dose so even lower doses will still help.

coppersocks
04-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the help man! I'll you keep you posted with my results.

coppersocks
04-07-2017, 03:49 AM
I've taken the higher dosage of pregnenolone (150mg) for a couple of days now and it seems to have tanked my libido, well either that or it's the natural PFS cycle of comings and goings. I've read on the RP forum that excess progesterone can have estrogenic effects so maybe the dose is a bit too high for me as I'm only a little over 5'7. However, my confidence and focus were massively up without a doubt and the first day I got no brain fog at all, however anxiety and emotional flatness creeps back up in the evenings somewhat once I got home so maybe I should separate out the dose a little. I'll keep at it for a another couple days and see how it goes.

Another thing is that preg seems to be bought up a lot on these forums, would it be worth giving it it's own thread at this stage so we can accumulate the data and user reports as opposed to having them disparately spread out. I know it's not part of the protocol and is not endorsed by CD but as it's a common topic maybe it would be a valuable resource plus it'd stop other threads derailing (like I'm doing here). I'd be willing to start it though I don't consider myself to be an authority on the matter.

EDIT: Ignore above, there is a thread already by Tubzy I'd forgotten about, I'll use that from now on in regards to preg.

TubZy
04-07-2017, 10:12 AM
I've taken the higher dosage of pregnenolone (150mg) for a couple of days now and it seems to have tanked my libido, well either that or it's the natural PFS cycle of comings and goings. I've read on the RP forum that excess progesterone can have estrogenic effects so maybe the dose is a bit too high for me as I'm only a little over 5'7. However, my confidence and focus were massively up without a doubt and the first day I got no brain fog at all, however anxiety and emotional flatness creeps back up in the evenings somewhat once I got home so maybe I should separate out the dose a little. I'll keep at it for a another couple days and see how it goes.

Another thing is that preg seems to be bought up a lot on these forums, would it be worth giving it it's own thread at this stage so we can accumulate the data and user reports as opposed to having them disparately spread out. I know it's not part of the protocol and is not endorsed by CD but as it's a common topic maybe it would be a valuable resource plus it'd stop other threads derailing (like I'm doing here). I'd be willing to start it though I don't consider myself to be an authority on the matter.

EDIT: Ignore above, there is a thread already by Tubzy I'd forgotten about, I'll use that from now on in regards to preg.

Damn, man that sucks. Any change in shrinkage though? Adding in 5-10mg of DHEA will bring the libido back if you are still trying to go that route.

coppersocks
04-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Yeah it is what it is, it happens. I'm gonna keep at this for another week on just the preg but lower the does to 100mg. After reading your posts and others on the RP forum I'm convinced that preg will be beneficial in the long run and I'll continue to use it, I just need to find the dose that fits and it definitely seems to help with anxiety and memory retention so it's gonna remain in my arsenal.
In regards to the DHEA I've actually ordered pansterone from ideal labs along with their vit K supplement. I'm reading plenty of positive stories by PFS sufferers using pan topically so I'm gonna do a run of those two applied topically on the scrotum together and see how it goes. My three biggest issues right now are 1. coming and going libido but is on an upward curve when looked at long term 2. Emotional flatness and 3. brain fog that comes for a few hours to a day at a time and I'm hoping that the increase of serum level androgenic hormones from the the topical application will have a positive effect on definitely the first two as every time I feel particularly T filled my zest for life comes back by magnitudes. I'm still not sure what the brainfog is or what the cause is, I just feel deeper in my head when it happens and less likely to want to talk to people, I feel less present and able to concentrate or contribute to conversation, hopefully I'll pin point it in the near future what exactly triggers it.

Other than the first few weeks after my crash I haven't had much of an issue with shrinkage and there has been good circulation in my junk since my juice feast, all though this morning it was a bit like I had stepped out of a cold shower and that's what clued me into the effect the preg might be having, however as the day has worn on everything is getting a bit looser down there again. How about you? Any effects to report on Gonadin or Diamant yourself? I actually have a bottle of Diamant that managed to make its way to me in like 3 days from the states but I haven't touched it yet.

TubZy
04-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Yeah it is what it is, it happens. I'm gonna keep at this for another week on just the preg but lower the does to 100mg. After reading your posts and others on the RP forum I'm convinced that preg will be beneficial in the long run and I'll continue to use it, I just need to find the dose that fits and it definitely seems to help with anxiety and memory retention so it's gonna remain in my arsenal.
In regards to the DHEA I've actually ordered pansterone from ideal labs along with their vit K supplement. I'm reading plenty of positive stories by PFS sufferers using pan topically so I'm gonna do a run of those two applied topically on the scrotum together and see how it goes. My three biggest issues right now are 1. coming and going libido but is on an upward curve when looked at long term 2. Emotional flatness and 3. brain fog that comes for a few hours to a day at a time and I'm hoping that the increase of serum level androgenic hormones from the the topical application will have a positive effect on definitely the first two as every time I feel particularly T filled my zest for life comes back by magnitudes. I'm still not sure what the brainfog is or what the cause is, I just feel deeper in my head when it happens and less likely to want to talk to people, I feel less present and able to concentrate or contribute to conversation, hopefully I'll pin point it in the near future what exactly triggers it.

Other than the first few weeks after my crash I haven't had much of an issue with shrinkage and there has been good circulation in my junk since my juice feast, all though this morning it was a bit like I had stepped out of a cold shower and that's what clued me into the effect the preg might be having, however as the day has worn on everything is getting a bit looser down there again. How about you? Any effects to report on Gonadin or Diamant yourself? I actually have a bottle of Diamant that managed to make its way to me in like 3 days from the states but I haven't touched it yet.

Yeah, I had low prog, and the people that it helped had low prog as well. As a normal male, it is suggested to use the preg with 5mg of dhea to help keep the androgenic ratio. Maybe your prog was already pretty normal, so the extra preg converted to prog and increased prog too much. When I take prog directly I have to take DHEA or else I get the symptoms you describe. If you want even further androgenic properties, yeah, applying directly to the scrotum would be best due to the high amount of 5AR enzymes. For me personally, my issue wasn't so much androgen deficiency but neurosteroid, which makes sense since higher doses of preg converts more to prog and allopreg.

I stopped gonadin for now, Haidut is releasing a new formula with some added AR agonists that should further increase it, so I'm going to try that when it comes out which should be this week or so.

jacknap
08-04-2017, 03:09 AM
I mention this quite a lot but I felt absolutely nothing from 50mg of pregnenolone. I had to use 150mg taken in all one dose after breakfast (w/ food). Try doing exactly that for 1 week and measure results.

Sure, the topical supplements are on the site I mentioned vitamin K2 is "kuinone", preg/dhea is under "pansterone" etc. for high dose preg just use a reputable brand. I wouldn't use T3/thyroid yet unless you feel the need to absolutely need to a last resort. Preg alone will stimulate metabolism especially at the dose I mentioned so make sure you are eating enough protein and sugar.

The only pitfall for PFS people is we have a tendency to burn through glycogen stores extremely fast along with suffering from low cortisol/estrogen when using supplements. This is the exact reason why I always suggest preg alone first since it is the basic precursor to all steroids keeping everything check then you can add in things and go from there if needed. Another similar supplement that can also be supportive is caffeine or caffeine + aspirin. Take a look at my thread where caffeine increased steroid/neurosteroids by a huge amount specifically in the brain.

5a-DHP is OK w/ preg and other supplements but keep in mind it can also lower estrogen and cortisol. So having too many supplements that do that can make you feel worse. Specifically for the ball sack issue, high dose preg was the only supplement that really did the job.

just some things about this though.

1. aspirin is very toxic to the stomach lining and is known for causing ulcers.
2. caffeine isolated at such a high dose might be dicey possible glutamate toxicity I'd imagine - having it in coffee might be neuroprotective because of thousands of other compounds in it antioxidants, flavanoids etc.

TubZy
08-04-2017, 10:20 PM
just some things about this though.

1. aspirin is very toxic to the stomach lining and is known for causing ulcers.
2. caffeine isolated at such a high dose might be dicey possible glutamate toxicity I'd imagine - having it in coffee might be neuroprotective because of thousands of other compounds in it antioxidants, flavanoids etc.

1. no it's not- it can only irritate the stomach lining for a small number of people possibly as their stomach adjusts to it and this is usually in VERY high doses in the beginning. You can also completely avoid any stomach issues by simply taking with glycine or baking soda anyways. Also, it was shown to repair the stomach lining and GI tract which is completely the opposite of what you just claimed (a common mainstream misconception). I personally went up to 5 grams daily before of aspirin with no stomach or GI issues, I don't suggest this though unless you are trying to treat cancer or some deadly pathogen.

Uncoupling of intestinal mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation and inhibition of cyclooxygenase are required for the development of NSAID Therapeutics - Wiley Online Library (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2036.2000.00723.x/full)

"...Intestinal permeability: Intestinal permeability following vehicle, indomethacin, aspirin and DNP. Intestinal permeability is significantly increased in the 1–6-h period following indomethacin and DNP administration (with or without aspirin). Aspirin alone had no significant effect on intestinal permeability. Results are expressed as the mean (± s.e.) urinary excretion (% dose) of 51CrEDTA. * Differs significantly (P < 0.01) from control."

It not only can no do harm and repair the GI tract but can also prevent known irritants from doing damage

Gastric adaptation to injury by repeated doses of aspirin strengthens mucosal defence against subsequent exposure to various strong irritants in rats. - PubMed - NCBI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8537043)

The first dose of ASA produced numerous gastric lesions and deep histological necrosis accompanied by a fall in the gastric blood flow, negligible expression of epidermal growth factor (EGF) and transforming growth factor alpha (TGF alpha) or their receptors, and no evidence of mucosal proliferation. As adaptation to ASA developed, however, the areas of gastric lesions were reduced by more than 80% and there was a noticeable decrease in deep necrosis, a partial restoration of gastric blood flow, an approximately four-fold increase in EGF expression (but not in TGF alpha) and its receptors, and an appreciable increase in mucosal cell proliferation compared with vehicle treated rats

2. Caffeine alone is safe and very effective. Caffeine (not particularly coffee) was shown to be beneficial from everything to extending lifespan by 50% and reverse liver damage/fibrosis, provide neuroprotection by increasing neurosteroids in the brain, lowering serotonin and being and ER antagonist etc. I know what you are saying as I can see some other substances when isolated from a food can be dangerous, but caffeine even in isolation is not only safe but has some extremely beneficial health aspects.

Extending life span, human dose was equivalent to 600-1200mg a day, so again caffeine is very safe even at high doses.

Caffeine extends yeast lifespan by targeting TORC1. - PubMed - NCBI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18513215)
FDA-Approved Drugs that Protect Mammalian Neurons from Glucose Toxicity Slow Aging Dependent on Cbp and Protect Against Proteotoxicity (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3218048/)

Liver protection
Increased caffeine consumption is associated with reduced hepatic fibrosis. - PubMed - NCBI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20034049)
Association of coffee and caffeine consumption with fatty liver disease, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, and degree of hepatic fibrosis. - PubMed - NCBI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21987293)
Caffeine is protective in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. - PubMed - NCBI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22059453)

To prove it to you even further, this study used coffee and concluded the beneficial effects primarily ranged from caffeine.

Molecule contained in caffeine thought to slow growth of tissues that damage the organĀ  | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3653618/Now-drinking-coffee-protect-against-liver-diseases-Molecule-contained-caffeine-thought-slow-growth-tissues-damage-organ.html)

"...Experts are not certain why coffee seems to have such a protective impact on the liver, but there is growing evidence that when caffeine enters the body, one of the molecules it is broken down into – paraxanthine – may slow the growth of tissues that damage the liver."

Caffeine and serotonin antagonism, anti fibrosis

Chronic Caffeine Alters the Density of Adenosine, Adrenergic, Cholinergic, GABA, and Serotonin Receptors and Calcium Channels in Mouse Brain (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3437321/)

The densities of cortical 5 HT1 and 5 HT2 serotonergic receptors are increased by 26–30%. Densities of cortical muscarinic and nicotinic receptors are increased by 40–50%. The density of cortical benzodiazepine-binding sites associated with GABAA receptors is increased by 65%, and the affinity appears slightly decreased. The density of cortical MK-801 sites associated with NMDA-glutaminergic receptors appear unaltered.

Not only did it act as a serotonin receptor antagonist but is also upregulated GABA-A. And based on the last sentence of the study I posted above, glutaminergic receptors seems unchanged as well, where did you see glutamate toxicity with caffeine before?