PDA

View Full Version : HIIT page finished

Cdsnuts
02-18-2017, 02:56 PM
Check it out here:

HIIT Training Total Male Optimization (http://www.totalmaleoptimization.com/exercise/hiit-training/)

Benq123
02-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Check it out here:

HIIT Training Total Male Optimization (http://www.totalmaleoptimization.com/exercise/hiit-training/)

Awesome, going to add this when I'm ready.
Do you find treadmills better, worse or no difference?
The days you HIIT, that's all you do or weights Aswell?
Cheers

Cdsnuts
02-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Awesome, going to add this when I'm ready.
Do you find treadmills better, worse or no difference?
The days you HIIT, that's all you do or weights Aswell?
Cheers

I despise treadmills and prefer to run outside on a grass field.

I do HIIT on non lifting days. If you're doing it right, it's all you need for that day aside from some stretching and of course mobility work.

CannonBalls
02-19-2017, 10:57 PM
Found a typo

whether we our running for our lives

Grape Ape
02-20-2017, 12:45 AM
Looks good.

Cdsnuts
02-20-2017, 05:58 AM
Found a typo

whether we our running for our lives

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good.

Thanks Grape.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to changing the site them and aesthetics and adding pictures and graphics.....all in time. If you guys haven't opted in yet, I'm going to be giving stuff to guys on my list randomly. Updated studies, Ebooks, etc.

5 alpha victim
03-11-2017, 10:06 PM
I think I have been doing this wrong. Two days a week I sprint on a treadmill at 10mph (sometimes a little faster) for a while minute with a minute rest. I do ten sets of these.

Sounds like I should be sprinting faster (prob about 13mph) for thirty seconds with about two minute breaks.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Cdsnuts
03-12-2017, 07:34 AM
I think I have been doing this wrong. Two days a week I sprint on a treadmill at 10mph (sometimes a little faster) for a while minute with a minute rest. I do ten sets of these.

Sounds like I should be sprinting faster (prob about 13mph) for thirty seconds with about two minute breaks.

You want to go all out. Right to the threshold of being comfortable, just enough not to hurt yourself. Keep your current fitness in mind. If you can push it, then do so.

K8668B
03-16-2017, 04:53 PM
This is my first time in 10 years doing sprints. I was a cross-country and track "star" in high school, but then at age 18 i became more interested in weightlifting and bodybuilding. I specialized more in long distance running in high school, but sprints were a common part of our workouts too.

Just started sprinting again a few days ago. Found a little place nearby to do my runs at, and i picked this distance, which i think is close to about 100m, and did a set of sprints. i loved it!!! the adrenaline rush afterwards!! All out 100%

The key is to get a stop watch, and time yourself. Get yourself a time, and then try to beat that time each time you sprint. Thats also been my mentality with weight training- (either get more reps, or more weight than you did with your previous session. always beating your record from your previous session.) That's what gives each workout meaning. And thats progression!

Of course when you're doing short sprints like 100m dashes, you can only shave so much time off of your PR/PB once you get down there enough, but fuck it, try to do it anyway!

5 alpha victim
03-18-2017, 09:32 AM
This is my first time in 10 years doing sprints. I was a cross-country and track "star" in high school, but then at age 18 i became more interested in weightlifting and bodybuilding. I specialized more in long distance running in high school, but sprints were a common part of our workouts too.

Just started sprinting again a few days ago. Found a little place nearby to do my runs at, and i picked this distance, which i think is close to about 100m, and did a set of sprints. i loved it!!! the adrenaline rush afterwards!! All out 100%

The key is to get a stop watch, and time yourself. Get yourself a time, and then try to beat that time each time you sprint. Thats also been my mentality with weight training- (either get more reps, or more weight than you did with your previous session. always beating your record from your previous session.) That's what gives each workout meaning. And thats progression!

Of course when you're doing short sprints like 100m dashes, you can only shave so much time off of your PR/PB once you get down there enough, but fuck it, try to do it anyway!
I see what you are saying with the adrenaline rush. The other day I tried thirty second sprints at 12.5 MPH with two minute breaks in between each sprint.

I would usually do one minute sprints (more like fast runs) at 10mph for sixty seconds with sixty second breaks in between each sprint. Although this was all-around more difficult and a better work work, I still feel that jolt/adrenaline feeling more after doing the faster pace for the shorter distance which seems to be the point here.

I am still doing them on a treadmill though and will probable change to a track eventually.

Swill
03-18-2017, 03:58 PM
I see what you are saying with the adrenaline rush. The other day I tried thirty second sprints at 12.5 MPH with two minute breaks in between each sprint.

I would usually do one minute sprints (more like fast runs) at 10mph for sixty seconds with sixty second breaks in between each sprint. Although this was all-around more difficult and a better work work, I still feel that jolt/adrenaline feeling more after doing the faster pace for the shorter distance which seems to be the point here.

I am still doing them on a treadmill though and will probable change to a track eventually.

Doing on outdoors, on a track, or even a little bit of an incline if you're a badass, is definitely more taxing and you get more from it than on a treadmill. The acceleration part that is taken out in treadmill sprints as you 'join in' at a fixed pace, and that is the explosive element that you get a lot of benefit from, physically and hormonally.

I do them on a treadmill at the moment purely down to a niggling lower back issue but soon will be back to outdoors... I do get the benefits from treadmill but its not near as good as in the great wide open.

K8668B
03-18-2017, 07:17 PM

yeah the shorter but faster sprints are more for testosterone building. whereas a long distance run, (which we wont be doing on this protocol), can actually lower test levels. if you were to do sets of 400m dash sprints, i don't know how that would work either.. it could be too much fatigue therefore lowering test. but im not sure yet. so yeah, ive personally just been doing 100m dashes. but id like to throw in some 200m dash sprints too.

K8668B
03-18-2017, 07:20 PM
"The earth is our gym"- Mike Rashid.

I always thought treadmills were garbage and too "fake", for lack of better words. Run on the pavement, or a track, or sand, beach, hills, etc. What I learned from my high school XC/track days still sticks with me to this very day.

I might have to find a new place to do my sprints. Been doing them on this place in my town called "linear trail". Pavement. Nothing but cheesy old people constantly walking through.... walking together holding hands, or walking their dogs or some stupid shit. I sometimes have to wait for them to walk by, and that throws off my rhythm/workout. The interaction with them is always ackward too.. cornballs... never ran a day in their lives probably. hate that shit!!!!

5 alpha victim
03-20-2017, 11:47 PM
Doing on outdoors, on a track, or even a little bit of an incline if you're a badass, is definitely more taxing and you get more from it than on a treadmill. The acceleration part that is taken out in treadmill sprints as you 'join in' at a fixed pace, and that is the explosive element that you get a lot of benefit from, physically and hormonally.

I do them on a treadmill at the moment purely down to a niggling lower back issue but soon will be back to outdoors... I do get the benefits from treadmill but its not near as good as in the great wide open.
interesting point about the not getting the acceleration benefit from a treadmill. I don't just jump on the belt once it's going almost 13mph. instead I increase the speed fast from the walking pace, but still I get your point. it's better acceleration and just all around better on a track or field.

My back is messed up as well. herniated disk in l4 with moderate to severe sciatica. My last MRI actually showed mild spinal stenosis which instead of the disk just sticking out to the side out of place on the nerves it's actually compressing the spinal cord as well. Any way the sprinting even on the treadmill bothers mine as well but so doesn't everything else so no surprise.