PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advice for New Guy

Srappin
02-19-2017, 04:28 PM
All - loving the positive nature of this site. Most optimistic I have felt in a while. I look forward to making progress and then sharing the love with new folks in need of help. I know the answer to most questions will be to follow the CDNUTS protocol, but I thought I would share a few things about me.

1. Took fin for 6 months. Been off for 10 months.
2. I found out I was low T prior to taking fin by looking at an old lab test. Fin obviously was an accelerator in making it worse.
3. Typical sexual symptoms, but the mental side has effected me even worse.
4. I have been anxious/stressed easy my entire life with anxiety around flying and medical issues. Fin put the accelerator on this and it can be paralyzing.
5. I have autoimmune and Rheumatoid arthritis since 18 years old (now 49 years old).
6. I have take Indocin (NSAID) for past 30 years which is tough on the stomach. I have been taking Prilosec for 10 years to offset possible damage.
7. I have lost 40 lbs (down from 215 to 175 over past 10 months. Working out a ton, but body fat still at 23% perhaps from low T
8. My T is around 475 but my estrodial is <10 (extremely low) and I have issues with joints, anxiety, loss of water in body and other typical sex sides.
9. I took .5 mg of Clonozapam 2 x day for 6 months to deal with anxiety. Now tapered to .25 x 2 day.

So - I plan to follow CDNUTS protocol but had a few specific questions. I really appreciate your input and promise to pay it forward as I improve.

a. any general observations on my situation?
b. Does anyone know if the continued use of NSAID (Indocin) is stopping/slowing my recovery? Or Prilosec?
c. Any suggestions (other than CDNUTS protocol) for crushing anxiety. My larger brain stress and previous disposition to stress anxiety has really been amplified. Its definitely slowing recovery.
d. I plan to start 7 day juice fast later this week. Any advice leading up to this? Do I need to fatten up first? If I lose more weight I will be down to 8th grade level.
e. can I work out during juice fast or wait until complete.
f. I was planning to see Neuroendroconologist dr. alan Jacobs in NY in March. Has anyone seen him? Worth it?
g. My guess is Dr. Jacobs will suggest TRT. Has this worked for anyone (even at a low level) or is this a huge no-no and must go natural?

Many thanks for your input. Again I promise to actively help others as well.

SRAPPIN

Cdsnuts
02-20-2017, 06:13 AM
All - loving the positive nature of this site. Most optimistic I have felt in a while. I look forward to making progress and then sharing the love with new folks in need of help. I know the answer to most questions will be to follow the CDNUTS protocol, but I thought I would share a few things about me.

1. Took fin for 6 months. Been off for 10 months.
2. I found out I was low T prior to taking fin by looking at an old lab test. Fin obviously was an accelerator in making it worse.
3. Typical sexual symptoms, but the mental side has effected me even worse.
4. I have been anxious/stressed easy my entire life with anxiety around flying and medical issues. Fin put the accelerator on this and it can be paralyzing.
5. I have autoimmune and Rheumatoid arthritis since 18 years old (now 49 years old).
6. I have take Indocin (NSAID) for past 30 years which is tough on the stomach. I have been taking Prilosec for 10 years to offset possible damage.
7. I have lost 40 lbs (down from 215 to 175 over past 10 months. Working out a ton, but body fat still at 23% perhaps from low T
8. My T is around 475 but my estrodial is <10 (extremely low) and I have issues with joints, anxiety, loss of water in body and other typical sex sides.
9. I took .5 mg of Clonozapam 2 x day for 6 months to deal with anxiety. Now tapered to .25 x 2 day.

So - I plan to follow CDNUTS protocol but had a few specific questions. I really appreciate your input and promise to pay it forward as I improve.

a. any general observations on my situation?
Aside from the arthritis, you sound like a typical PFS guy
b. Does anyone know if the continued use of NSAID (Indocin) is stopping/slowing my recovery? Or Prilosec?
Prilosec and any other proton pump inhibitor has the tendency to strip magnesium away from our bodies compounding other problems we may by having, for example, anxiety.....see here Magnesium Total Male Optimization (http://www.totalmaleoptimization.com/sleep/magnesium/)
c. Any suggestions (other than CDNUTS protocol) for crushing anxiety. My larger brain stress and previous disposition to stress anxiety has really been amplified. Its definitely slowing recovery.
Yes....read this : Calming the Mind Total Male Optimization (http://www.totalmaleoptimization.com/calming-the-mind/)
Another thing that will crush your anxiety levels would be this: Breath Work Total Male Optimization (http://www.totalmaleoptimization.com/breath-work/)
d. I plan to start 7 day juice fast later this week. Any advice leading up to this? Do I need to fatten up first? If I lose more weight I will be down to 8th grade level.
Youre going to lose some more weight on the feast. Don't sweat it. If you're doing it right you're going to be supplying your body with more nutrients than it has gotten in years.
e. can I work out during juice fast or wait until complete.
DO NOT work out during the feast. You need to just relax and have your body do it's thing. No need to put added stress on it durng this time. This is a time of tearing down, cleaning out....you'll have time to build up later.
f. I was planning to see Neuroendroconologist dr. alan Jacobs in NY in March. Has anyone seen him? Worth it?
g. My guess is Dr. Jacobs will suggest TRT. Has this worked for anyone (even at a low level) or is this a huge no-no and must go natural?
TRT is a dead end. It's not going to fix your PFS and it will simply make you a slave to the medical industry. Not too mention completely destrying your bodies ability to function on it's own anymore. Not worth it.

Many thanks for your input. Again I promise to actively help others as well.

SRAPPIN

Hope that helps. I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences.