PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get "non 24 sleep disorder" from propecia/pfs?

K8668B
02-24-2017, 09:23 PM
Am i the only one who inherited this side effect from that damn pill? Non 24 sleep disorder is quite rare. It's mainly in blind individuals, but there are some sighted persons, like myself who are effected by it.

Non 24 is basically when ones internal sleep clock continuously shifts around the 24 hour day clock. It usually shifts anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour each day. It will shift around the entire 24 hour clock, and at certain times, i will be completely nocturnal.I'll still get my full 8 hours of sleep each night too. Sometimes its a good sleep, sometimes not. Things like work and school can help me stay on a somewhat okay sleep schedule, but its still tough. Without work or school, i will just shift around the entire 24 hr day clock. It can really hurt ones work life, social life, etc. It can be quite debilitating too.

This is one of the side effects I got from propecia. This started happening at age 18 1/2 along with the sexual sides. I wasnt born with non 24. Nothing worked for me either. Similar to how doctors could never successfully help me with PFS, the same is true with non 24 sleep disorder. And i have tried many things.

I was wondering if anyone else got this side effect? And im hoping when i get enough funds to start CD's protocol, this is one of the things i can correct! Just needed to vent.

Cdsnuts
02-24-2017, 11:06 PM
Am i the only one who inherited this side effect from that damn pill? Non 24 sleep disorder is quite rare. It's mainly in blind individuals, but there are some sighted persons, like myself who are effected by it.

Non 24 is basically when ones internal sleep clock continuously shifts around the 24 hour day clock. It usually shifts anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour each day. It will shift around the entire 24 hour clock, and at certain times, i will be completely nocturnal. Things like work and school can help me stay on a somewhat okay sleep schedule, but its still tough. Without work or school, i will just shift around the entire 24 hr day clock. It can really hurt ones work life, social life, etc. It can be quite debilitating too.

This is one of the side effects I got from propecia. This started happening at age 18 1/2 along with the sexual sides. I wasnt born with non 24. Nothing worked for me either. Similar to how doctors could never successfully help me with PFS, the same is true with non 24 sleep disorder. And i have tried many things.

I was wondering if anyone else got this side effect? And im hoping when i get enough funds to start CD's protocol, this is one of the things i can correct! Just needed to vent.

Isn't one of the drugs they prescribe for that either modafinil or nuvigil to help with wakefulness during the day?

You're most likely going to have to do a hard restart on your sleep. That usually sets it straight although those couple days without sleep can be pretty miserable.

I had to do a hard restart when I was coming off of all of the pharmaceuticals I was on. I didn't sleep for almost five days straight....luckily I was at a fasting center so I didn't have to function very much at all.

K8668B
02-24-2017, 11:17 PM
They supposedly prescribe a drug called tasimelteon. But i think its probably just another "band-aid" effect that doesnt truly fix the problem. Im against pharmaceuticals these days anyways. Water fasting IMO seems like the only logical way to fix this.

Cdsnuts
02-25-2017, 12:30 AM
They supposedly prescribe a drug called tasimelteon. But i think its probably just another "band-aid" effect that doesnt truly fix the problem. Im against pharmaceuticals these days anyways. Water fasting IMO seems like the only logical way to fix this.

It is. Like I said, you'll do a hard reset where you'll be up until your body just collapses with exhaustion. You'll start sleeping more and more from that collapse point on. Only natural way to get it back.

K8668B
03-03-2017, 08:36 PM
I hope a juice feast will have a similar effect. Ill be starting my juice feast while nocturnal pretty much.

Tired of this "non-24". its debilitating. I want to be productive again, and do it consistently. And never look back.

Cdsnuts
03-03-2017, 08:51 PM
I hope a juice feast will have a similar effect. Ill be starting my juice feast while nocturnal pretty much.

Tired of this "non-24". its debilitating. I want to be productive again, and do it consistently. And never look back.

So that's what they're labeling it these days? Lol. I thought that's what blind people get.

Man they try and put a label on everything so that they can prescribe a medication that will either: Fuck your brain chemistry up further, or create a dependency so that you'll never sleep normally again without some-type of aid.

You're brain is simply messed up from 5ar inhibition. With time, like everything else that got bumped out of place, it will come back online.

I just want to let you know, given how upset you were that the 5a-DHP didn't cure you after two days, lol, that while most people do get more relaxed on the juice feast, it and of itself is not a cure, obvioulsy.

Most people do start sleeping better during the feast though.

K8668B
03-03-2017, 09:27 PM
So that's what they're labeling it these days? Lol. I thought that's what blind people get.

Man they try and put a label on everything so that they can prescribe a medication that will either: Fuck your brain chemistry up further, or create a dependency so that you'll never sleep normally again without some-type of aid.

You're brain is simply messed up from 5ar inhibition. With time, like everything else that got bumped out of place, it will come back online.

I just want to let you know, given how upset you were that the 5a-DHP didn't cure you after two days, lol, that while most people do get more relaxed on the juice feast, it and of itself is not a cure, obvioulsy.

Most people do start sleeping better during the feast though.

Yes, its mainly among blind people, but there are some sighted persons who have it, like myself. But its rare. I would say about only 10% of people who have it are sighted.

Its basically 5ar inhibition like you said. So yeah the pharms will just bandaid it, and not properly help it.

I get what you mean. Everything works in conjunction. Its all clicking with me. And you just helped make even more sense of it to me just now by saying, "With time, like everything else that got bumped out of place, it will come back online."

Its crazy how much knowledge ive gained in just a few weeks. I can't believe i got all weird about the 5a-dhp a few weeks ago. I still have the bottle in my medicine cabinet, and its pretty much full.