PDA

View Full Version : New page on sun exposure

Cdsnuts
03-01-2017, 09:12 PM
So I'm interested in feedback on this page

Sun Your Body Total Male Optimization (http://www.totalmaleoptimization.com/sun-your-body/)

If you notice any mistakes or have any questions or comments, please feel free to let me have it....

K8668B
03-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Makes alot of sense to me actually. The media acts as if the sun is so bad and cancerous, but without the sun, there would be no LIFE on earth basically. Obviously if you burn the shit out of yourself, and overdo it, yeah it can be bad. But overall, agreed.... the sun is much healthier for us than we think. I always felt great after a long fun day in the sun.... relieved my pfs symptoms slightly.

K8668B
03-02-2017, 03:01 PM
I have a bottle of KAL brand ultra d-e 10,000 IU. But im about to grab a bottle of the SOLGAR brand 10,000 IU. I was just taking 10,000 IU a day, but do you think 20,000 IU a day would be even better?

Cdsnuts
03-02-2017, 03:16 PM
I have a bottle of KAL brand ultra d-e 10,000 IU. But im about to grab a bottle of the SOLGAR brand 10,000 IU. I was just taking 10,000 IU a day, but do you think 20,000 IU a day would be even better?

From what I understand you can't overdose on vitamin D. When you take into account that hours of sun exposure in the summertime can create tens of thousands of international units of vitamin D, taking 20000 units per day in the off-season is going to do nothing but benefit you.

Your body has a self-regulating mechanism that makes overdosing impossible. When you take into consideration modern living creates a deficiency in most people, you should be taking at least that daily.

I remember about 10 years ago when I went for my first fast I had blood work done beforehand and it showed my vitamin D levels were mid-range of the recommended values and I had been supplementing with 10,000 international units daily for months beforehand

It's one of the safest daily supplements you can, and should be taking regularly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

K8668B
03-02-2017, 07:20 PM
From what I understand you can't overdose on vitamin D. When you take into account that hours of sun exposure in the summertime can create tens of thousands of international units of vitamin D, taking 20000 units per day in the off-season is going to do nothing but benefit you.

Your body has a self-regulating mechanism that makes overdosing impossible. When you take into consideration modern living creates a deficiency in most people, you should be taking at least that daily.

I remember about 10 years ago when I went for my first fast I had blood work done beforehand and it showed my vitamin D levels were mid-range of the recommended values and I had been supplementing with 10,000 international units daily for months beforehand

It's one of the safest daily supplements you can, and should be taking regularly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Right on!

Snell1234
03-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Cdnuts, for someone with palish skin and a family history of melanoma, do you have any suggestions to the format we could do this?

So in winter, how long per day should we go out shirtless for? And should we build up to this time even in winter?

And summer, any recommendations on the amount of time that would be safe after our winter build up?

It's summer here in Aus at the moment, so I might need to adopt a slightly different strategy to begin with.

Cdsnuts
03-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Cdnuts, for someone with palish skin and a family history of melanoma, do you have any suggestions to the format we could do this?

So in winter, how long per day should we go out shirtless for? And should we build up to this time even in winter?

And summer, any recommendations on the amount of time that would be safe after our winter build up?

It's summer here in Aus at the moment, so I might need to adopt a slightly different strategy to begin with.

The whole point is to increase your exposure slowly and to start when the sun is low enough in the sky so you don't burn. Here, in NJ, that is around April.

The other thing you have to take into account is the place you live. The people that are native to where you live, are black. There is a reason for that. You may not be able to build the sun tolerance like I can here, in North America. The sun where you are is just too intense.

You may get YOUR best sun exposure in Aus, in the winter time and then start trailing off in the spring.

You're a European transplant, remember. And while I am too, the conditions here are much more forgiving then they are in Australia. Here I can actually build my base tan up to accommodate the summer sun. You may not. But you can always try....carefully.

Start in the off season, for 15 minutes of direct exposure. See how that does you. Then slowly increase the amount of time you stay out. Here I do a half hour a day and it's enough to get me good.

Australia is a tough order for white men....lol

But regardless, you can use the same strategy in the summer. Just do it for way less time. Start with 5 minutes of direct exposure and see how you turn out over the next day or so. If it's feasible, increase the amount of time you stay out by two minutes. You'll know how much by how red you get. I still suggest using the solar recover for this because it increases the moisture content of your skin.

You're going to have to play around with it. The same would go for white men living in Africa, or any other place that is sun drenched.

road to recover
03-04-2017, 05:59 AM
Sun exposure gives me a real boost when I get it. A feeling of calmness which is almost alpha-like, and a good burst of libido compared to the usual dead state.

A problem for me (and others I think) is that after a good day or two of sun exposure and tanning, and all the benefits, I am almost guaranteed to crash a few days later and get a load of low T symptoms worse than normal, athough it goes away pretty quickly. This seems to mimic the crash when quitting the drug to begin with. Any way of avoiding this?

Also, for those of us in northern Europe without much reliable sun outwith the core summer months, is a tanning salon an acceptable substitute?

theshogun
03-04-2017, 06:07 AM
Sun exposure gives me a real boost when I get it. A feeling of calmness which is almost alpha-like, and a good burst of libido compared to the usual dead state.

A problem for me (and others I think) is that after a good day or two of sun exposure and tanning, and all the benefits, I am almost guaranteed to crash a few days later and get a load of low T symptoms worse than normal, athough it goes away pretty quickly. This seems to mimic the crash when quitting the drug to begin with. Any way of avoiding this?

Also, for those of us in northern Europe without much reliable sun outwith the core summer months, is a tanning salon an acceptable substitute?

I haven't noticed a crash after sun exposure. Are you well hydrated? Maybe it is an electrolyte imbalance.

I asked CD the same about tanning salons, he couldn't tell me. I think it depends on the rays emitted by the tanning bed. The sun has UVA and UVb rays. Most tanning salons have mainly UVA rays. I went tanning for 5 minutes a few times in UVA beds and noticed small benefits. I think a UVB bed would be better. My gym only has UVA unfortunately

theshogun
03-04-2017, 08:36 AM
Pro Tip: I just tanned for 2 hours outside and I felt a bit fatigued.
I fixed it by mixing up: 1L water, juice of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon powdered ginger, 1 teaspoon himalayan sea salt. Stir often and drink.
Now I feel super hydrated and energizer again