PDA

View Full Version : A Question About Herb Cycling

Master Mal
03-28-2017, 06:52 PM
Hey guys,

I’ve been on the herb rotation since late November. I’d say I’ve seen some improvement, but I haven't felt too much in the way of change lately. I was wondering if I should lay off them for a few weeks and give my system time to itself. I understand that the rotation is meant to make sure my body can’t get resistant to any one herb, but I was wondering if there was a point where I should be cycling off the herbs for a few weeks to give my body a break and then hop back on.

Or, you guys could just let me know if I'm being silly. I'm currently cycling Tribulus, Longjack, Cordyceps, and DOPA Mucuna + Raw Maca and taking Pine Pollen and shilajit every day. I was taking Horny Goat Weed and Ashwagandha as well but I noticed I was having bad reactions to them. I've just bought Royal Jelly, Ant Extract, and Cistanche to add to the cycling. So, let me know if it might be a good idea to take a break for a little bit and then come back with the expanded herb cycle.

Thanks!

Cdsnuts
03-29-2017, 03:01 PM
Hey guys,

I’ve been on the herb rotation since late November. I’d say I’ve seen some improvement, but I haven't felt too much in the way of change lately. I was wondering if I should lay off them for a few weeks and give my system time to itself. I understand that the rotation is meant to make sure my body can’t get resistant to any one herb, but I was wondering if there was a point where I should be cycling off the herbs for a few weeks to give my body a break and then hop back on.

Or, you guys could just let me know if I'm being silly. I'm currently cycling Tribulus, Longjack, Cordyceps, and DOPA Mucuna + Raw Maca and taking Pine Pollen and shilajit every day. I was taking Horny Goat Weed and Ashwagandha as well but I noticed I was having bad reactions to them. I've just bought Royal Jelly, Ant Extract, and Cistanche to add to the cycling. So, let me know if it might be a good idea to take a break for a little bit and then come back with the expanded herb cycle.

Thanks!

Did you cleanse?

How much of the protocol are you doing?

Unfortunately I have to ask that because some guys think they can just pick certain parts of it and get all the benefits. You want all of the benefits, you have to do all of the program. Everything feeds and builds off the next thing.

That being said, no, you don't have to stop the cycling. How many herbs are in your rotation?

Master Mal
03-29-2017, 03:36 PM
Did you cleanse?

How much of the protocol are you doing?

Unfortunately I have to ask that because some guys think they can just pick certain parts of it and get all the benefits. You want all of the benefits, you have to do all of the program. Everything feeds and builds off the next thing.

That being said, no, you don't have to stop the cycling. How many herbs are in your rotation?

No offense taken, CD. You're right to ask. I did a 5 day water cleanse in November and do intermittent juice feasting days. Unfortunately, my diet hasn't been perfect. I work in the entertainment industry, so sometimes I have to have a cheat meal for work, but I'm cutting down on them substantially after having some pizza left me feeling out of sorts. I now aim to completely cut out gluten and sugar. I have also stayed completely away from alcohol.

My thread breaking down my situation is here (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/post-finasteride-syndrome/3218-giving-all-full-recovery.html), but here's what I'm currently cycling:

Tribulus
Cordyceps
Tongkat Ali
Maca + DOPA Mucuna
Horny Goat Weed
5A-DHP (every three days)

Pine Pollen (2 Tablespoons daily)
Shilajit (daily)

I did cycle Ashwagandha, but I wasn't responding well to them so I got Ant Extract, Royal Jelly, and Cistanche which should be arriving in the next few days. I also lift regularly, do HIIT twice a week, and take cold showers.

Cdsnuts
03-29-2017, 06:32 PM
No offense taken, CD. You're right to ask. I did a 5 day water cleanse in November and do intermittent juice feasting days. Unfortunately, my diet hasn't been perfect. I work in the entertainment industry, so sometimes I have to have a cheat meal for work, but I'm cutting down on them substantially after having some pizza left me feeling out of sorts. I now aim to completely cut out gluten and sugar. I have also stayed completely away from alcohol.

My thread breaking down my situation is here (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/post-finasteride-syndrome/3218-giving-all-full-recovery.html), but here's what I'm currently cycling:

Tribulus
Cordyceps
Tongkat Ali
Maca + DOPA Mucuna
Horny Goat Weed
5A-DHP (every three days)

Pine Pollen (2 Tablespoons daily)
Shilajit (daily)

I did cycle Ashwagandha, but I wasn't responding well to them so I got Ant Extract, Royal Jelly, and Cistanche which should be arriving in the next few days. I also lift regularly, do HIIT twice a week, and take cold showers.

Okay...so a few things:

You gotta get off the Wellbutrin, first and foremost. This chemical isn't going to let your brain heal the way it needs to. It's also going to cause downstream effects that aren't going to help you. It's also going to stop the herbs from working their total magic. No pharms...

Definitely stop the gluten. You can still eat shitty out with clients without glutening yourself. Gluten can be responsible for so many negative mental aspects that it's alarming to say the least. Depression, anxiety and lethargy to name just a small few. I know people that have stopped gluten that said it was almost like a blanket came off of their head. It's also responsible for intestinal issues that tie back into brain health. You gotta get that out of your diet. Most people underestimate just how powerful a substance it is. For most, it's like night and day when the cut it out.

Blatent sugar intake isn't the best, but no where near as damaging as the gluten. You should still avoid it though. The only sugar you should be getting is natural sugars from fruits and veggies.

Another thing that I want to point out here is in regards to the wellbutrin use WHILE taking shilijat. Shilijat is known to increase the effectiveness of ANY other substance you take with it. Pharmaceuticals included. This is most definitely not a good thing in regards to antidepressants. You could be inadvertently making this drugs effect on your system stronger then it would be without it.

So that's what I see right off the bat.

Don't get to paranoid about it....

How much longer until you can come off of that?

Master Mal
03-29-2017, 06:42 PM
Okay...so a few things:

You gotta get off the Wellbutrin, first and foremost. This chemical isn't going to let your brain heal the way it needs to. It's also going to cause downstream effects that aren't going to help you. It's also going to stop the herbs from working their total magic. No pharms...

Definitely stop the gluten. You can still eat shitty out with clients without glutening yourself. Gluten can be responsible for so many negative mental aspects that it's alarming to say the least. Depression, anxiety and lethargy to name just a small few. I know people that have stopped gluten that said it was almost like a blanket came off of their head. It's also responsible for intestinal issues that tie back into brain health. You gotta get that out of your diet. Most people underestimate just how powerful a substance it is. For most, it's like night and day when the cut it out.

Blatent sugar intake isn't the best, but no where near as damaging as the gluten. You should still avoid it though. The only sugar you should be getting is natural sugars from fruits and veggies.

Another thing that I want to point out here is in regards to the wellbutrin use WHILE taking shilijat. Shilijat is known to increase the effectiveness of ANY other substance you take with it. Pharmaceuticals included. This is most definitely not a good thing in regards to antidepressants. You could be inadvertently making this drugs effect on your system stronger then it would be without it.

So that's what I see right off the bat.

How much longer until you can come off of that?

I'm totally with you on the Wellbutrin. I crashed hard (I know you know the feeling) last half of last year and didn't know what to do. Hadn't discovered your protocol yet, so a very nice psychiatrist told me to get on Wellbutrin to help with the massive depression/suicidal thoughts. I'm doing much better now than I was then, and I've told her repeatedly I want to get off ASAP, but it's one of those things you need to taper down from. I see her again in April, in which case I will ask to start tapering off.

Do you think another cleanse would be in order after I get off Wellbutrin?

Cdsnuts
03-29-2017, 07:04 PM
I'm totally with you on the Wellbutrin. I crashed hard (I know you know the feeling) last half of last year and didn't know what to do. Hadn't discovered your protocol yet, so a very nice psychiatrist told me to get on Wellbutrin to help with the massive depression/suicidal thoughts. I'm doing much better now than I was then, and I've told her repeatedly I want to get off ASAP, but it's one of those things you need to taper down from. I see her again in April, in which case I will ask to start tapering off.

Do you think another cleanse would be in order after I get off Wellbutrin?

Yes, most definitely. I would opt for longer then five days, so if you can't get to a clinic, do juice for two weeks. This one thing alone will have a massive impact on your mental state. You'll stabilize during this time. Moreso then not doing one.

And in the meantime I wouldn't take the shilijat until you're off ALL pharms. As a matter of fact, you're in a compromised situation right now and I don't think the herbs are going to be doing you much good until you can be free of it. You'll get some effects, but not what you should be getting.

But for what you can do right now, stop the gluten for sure.

Master Mal
03-29-2017, 07:22 PM
Yes, most definitely. I would opt for longer then five days, so if you can't get to a clinic, do juice for two weeks. This one thing alone will have a massive impact on your mental state. You'll stabilize during this time. Moreso then not doing one.

And in the meantime I wouldn't take the shilijat until you're off ALL pharms. As a matter of fact, you're in a compromised situation right now and I don't think the herbs are going to be doing you much good until you can be free of it. You'll get some effects, but not what you should be getting.

But for what you can do right now, stop the gluten for sure.

In that case, I'll lay off everything until I get off the Wellbutrin. Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully I haven't caused too many problems for myself.

Cdsnuts
03-29-2017, 07:35 PM
In that case, I'll lay off everything until I get off the Wellbutrin. Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully I haven't caused too many problems for myself.

I think that's a good idea. Focus on diet and all other aspects, cold showers, breathing, meditation, exercise, etc. Get off the junk, cleanse, and then hit it fresh.

You'll be fine. Don't stress over it. Everything can be fixed.