PDA

View Full Version : A question about the HIIT part of the protocol. Sprints and bodyweight!

K8668B
03-29-2017, 08:16 PM
Well i was pleasantly suprised! this past saturday, at 30 years old, i ran a faster 100m dash time than i did when i was in high school. In high school i was more of a distance runner, and sprints werent really my thing anyways. at 120-145 lbs, i could run long distances really fast in high school. Then after graduation, i got more into bodybuilding, and from age 18 to age 19, i immediately put on 25 lbs of muscle weight, and ive kept that muscle weight for the rest of my life. Then by age 22, i was peaked out at a super jacked/shredded, low bf % at a weight of 175. (it looks more like 190-200 ish on me). Height 5'11". Since then, to this day, whenever i peak out, i achieve that same exact level!

I just had the worst work schedule. we are understaffed. so i worked 14 days with only one day off in between. i felt "bigger" and more "pumped" muscle wise/bodyweight-wise at the beginning of all of this. then at around day 12, my body was just over tired and felt foggy. My pumps and arms and legs appeared thinner. Yet my lifts in the gym are still going up, and i was and still am getting all of my calories in. Finally today i got a day off, and was well rested, and it seemed like the better sleep, gave me my pump/size back.

But will sprints lower my bodyweight? I always thought olympic sprinters were jacked, and they are, but these guys are actually smaller than me! I'm getting addicted to sprints. I do sprints 2x a week. Trying to shed time off of my 100m dash also. But i want to gain weight, not lose it. And with the DHT prohormone in the future, i want to get bigger than ive ever been.

If im going to be bald, well then i better make sure im tan, and have at least 5-10 lbs of more muscle weight, than ive always had. I always had what i call the "mind to muscle connection", and i visualize what im going to look like, and i visualize how this protocol is going to transform me as a human being.

Master Mal
03-29-2017, 08:40 PM
I don't think you have anything to worry about, buddy. HIIT is going to make you lean, but it won't burn muscle the way long form cardio does. If anything, it'll support a jacked body.

K8668B
03-29-2017, 09:00 PM
That would be cool as hell, to gain 10lbs of lean muscle mass, and shed time off of your 100m dash. I even saw a video on youtube of former pro bodybuilder Kevin Levrone, where he raced against an olympic sprinter. Obviously the olympic sprinter beat him, but at about 240 lbs a lean muscle mass, Levrone still did that 100m dash in like 11 seconds or something. Still impressive as hell!

Master Mal
03-29-2017, 09:03 PM
That would be cool as hell, to gain 10lbs of lean muscle mass, and shed time off of your 100m dash. I even saw a video on youtube of former pro bodybuilder Kevin Levrone, where he raced against an olympic sprinter. Obviously the olympic sprinter beat him, but at about 240 lbs a lean muscle mass, Levrone still did that 100m dash in like 11 seconds or something. Still impressive as hell!

That is damn impressive. Looks like you got something to work up to. :)

K8668B
03-29-2017, 09:13 PM
That is damn impressive. Looks like you got something to work up to. :)

Definitely! I think the "thinner" look i had may have been from lack of sleep and being over worked. even though i WAS still getting my calories in. I even bring my protein powder to work too. With a cup and a spoon from home.

Atticas
03-30-2017, 05:31 PM
Technically, as long as you're consuming more calories than you're burning off, you should always continue gaining weight.

Up your calories a little bit on the days you decide to do HITT

K8668B
03-30-2017, 06:06 PM
Technically, as long as you're consuming more calories than you're burning off, you should always continue gaining weight.

Up your calories a little bit on the days you decide to do HITT

Right on! Will do!

Cdsnuts
03-31-2017, 08:23 AM
Well i was pleasantly suprised! this past saturday, at 30 years old, i ran a faster 100m dash time than i did when i was in high school. In high school i was more of a distance runner, and sprints werent really my thing anyways. at 120-145 lbs, i could run long distances really fast in high school. Then after graduation, i got more into bodybuilding, and from age 18 to age 19, i immediately put on 25 lbs of muscle weight, and ive kept that muscle weight for the rest of my life. Then by age 22, i was peaked out at a super jacked/shredded, low bf % at a weight of 175. (it looks more like 190-200 ish on me). Height 5'11". Since then, to this day, whenever i peak out, i achieve that same exact level!

I just had the worst work schedule. we are understaffed. so i worked 14 days with only one day off in between. i felt "bigger" and more "pumped" muscle wise/bodyweight-wise at the beginning of all of this. then at around day 12, my body was just over tired and felt foggy. My pumps and arms and legs appeared thinner. Yet my lifts in the gym are still going up, and i was and still am getting all of my calories in. Finally today i got a day off, and was well rested, and it seemed like the better sleep, gave me my pump/size back.

But will sprints lower my bodyweight? I always thought olympic sprinters were jacked, and they are, but these guys are actually smaller than me! I'm getting addicted to sprints. I do sprints 2x a week. Trying to shed time off of my 100m dash also. But i want to gain weight, not lose it. And with the DHT prohormone in the future, i want to get bigger than ive ever been.

If im going to be bald, well then i better make sure im tan, and have at least 5-10 lbs of more muscle weight, than ive always had. I always had what i call the "mind to muscle connection", and i visualize what im going to look like, and i visualize how this protocol is going to transform me as a human being.

You're not going to lose a ton of weight doing sprints. If anything it's going to burn body fat and increase muscle mass, which is exactly why you're doing them.

Keep em short and intense. You shouldn't need to do them more then twice a week if you're doing them correctly.