PDA

View Full Version : Sorghum, Molasses, Honey

Durantia37
04-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Hey guys,

I had a question about sorghum. I've seen a few people mention that they got sorghum grain and ground it up to make it more digestible. I have a few questions in regard to this.

First of all, to anyone who has tried it: does sorghum (in any form) actually do anything?

Second: isn't consuming a raw flour or an uncooked grain pretty harsh on the gut? There is such a thing as sorghum molasses (a delicious honey-like substance) that is extremely nutrient dense (1 tablespoon has 30% of daily calcium, all kinds of minerals, etc.), but it's also got sugar, of course. Is the grain/flour worse for you, ultimately, or a spoonful of a sugary substance each day?

Also, what is the stance here on blackstrap molasses and honey (in reasonable amounts, of course). These things have several benefits and are allowed on the GAPS and paleo diets, but they also have sugar. Are they worth the risk or no?

Thanks.

Maxout777
04-02-2017, 04:49 PM
I used to put Sorghum syrup in my coffee at work. I never really noticed much difference in how I felt back in the day or any noticeable pro-DHT benefits......Only thing different was the taste of my coffee.

Durantia37
04-02-2017, 08:14 PM
I figured as much, thanks for the reply.

Benq123
04-03-2017, 01:08 AM
I've also considered Blackstrap mollases and honey to sweeten things up as well as the nutrients provided.
I decided to play it safe and hold off on them until my gut is considerably better, but that's just me

jacknap
08-26-2017, 06:13 PM
I used to put Sorghum syrup in my coffee at work. I never really noticed much difference in how I felt back in the day or any noticeable pro-DHT benefits......Only thing different was the taste of my coffee.

for me sorghum seeds def lives up to the dht spike. I buy it from amazon only like 6$. Mix it with buffalo kefir after. It's quite yummy to me.

Atticas
08-27-2017, 10:01 AM
I used to eat Sorghum cereal (legit, they had like this cereal that was basically straight Sorghum at Whole Foods for a while in my area).

Didn't feel much different from it at all. Tasted horrible too.

It might work for some people, but imo, you're gonna get better results from cycling the herbs CD recommends and following other steps of the protocol

jacknap
09-09-2017, 07:09 PM
I get the sorghum seeds from amazon. very cheap like 6$ for a pack and free shipping in canada.

I mix it with buffalo kefir and I really like the taste when it's fresh. I would definitely say that it is androgen as when i first started using it I got scalp itch.
probably should be a staple for carb-backloading.

could be a coicidence, but cultures that use it are notorious for having thick bears. eg) middle east.

basementdweller
11-10-2017, 04:39 PM
I get the sorghum seeds from amazon. very cheap like 6$ for a pack and free shipping in canada.

I mix it with buffalo kefir and I really like the taste when it's fresh. I would definitely say that it is androgen as when i first started using it I got scalp itch.
probably should be a staple for carb-backloading.

could be a coicidence, but cultures that use it are notorious for having thick bears. eg) middle east.

is that the Bob's red Mill stuff that you buy? I'm interested in trying it out too.

I also live in Canada, lol

jacknap
11-10-2017, 06:19 PM
is that the Bob's red Mill stuff that you buy? I'm interested in trying it out too.

I also live in Canada, lol

yup they have it on amazon.ca

where in canada u at? I'm Toronto

basementdweller
11-10-2017, 07:25 PM
yup they have it on amazon.ca

where in canada u at? I'm Toronto

for real? I'm in Markham. PM me sometime dude

jacknap
11-10-2017, 07:46 PM
for real? I'm in Markham. PM me sometime dude

haha that's jokes my cousin lives there and he's been one of my best mates during this shit. pming u now