PDA

View Full Version : Ginger - Prokinetic and Possible Herb Enhancer?

Durantia37
04-07-2017, 10:59 AM
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&q=inauthor:"Donald+R.+Yance,+CN,+MH,+RH(AHG)"&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9yKO55ZLTAhVK4YMKHWouDJIQ9AgIQDAF&biw=360&bih=560

"Ginger is a well-known synergistic herb that potentiates, harmonizes, and improves the deep circulation of other herbs."

Therapeutic dose:
Dry herb: 1-2g 1-3 times daily.
Liquid: 1-2mL 1-3 times daily.

Unless anyone has bad things to say about ginger and PFS, probly gonna add some ginger juice as a daily herb enhancer (along with shilajit). Can't hurt?

For leaky gut/sibo/otherwise gut-fucked people: Ginger is also a prokinetic, meaning it stimulates MMC waves and helps keep things from lingering too long (and thus feeding bad bacteria, etc.).

Benq123
04-07-2017, 11:56 AM
I know English used to always say, add loads of ginger to your food.
Since then, everything I make contains some powdered ginger.

theshogun
04-07-2017, 02:33 PM
I have loads of powdered ginger stored at home. I sometimes add it to my herbs. I brew it together with hot water and then stir it a lot.

This reminds me, I should do that more often.
Im gonna go and make myself some ginger and ashwagandha brew now. Mmmm yummy, only tastes like 90% ass

Holistic
04-11-2017, 10:16 AM
I have loads of powdered ginger stored at home. I sometimes add it to my herbs. I brew it together with hot water and then stir it a lot.

This reminds me, I should do that more often.
Im gonna go and make myself some ginger and ashwagandha brew now. Mmmm yummy, only tastes like 90% ass

Quick browse in the web:

"According to the "Physicians' Desk Reference for Herbal Medicines," the active compounds in ginger are gingerol, shogaol and zingiberene. (Reference 2) Gingerol compounds have been shown to have some effect on blood vessels. For instance, researchers at the Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University in Japan found that gingerols stimulated blood vessel contractions in mouse and rat tissue samples by regulating signaling molecules known as eicosanoids. (Reference 3)"

It seems that ginger helps to Keep the blood flowing, and we need that specially down there. Make sure to also keep watermelon in your arsenal, it has a compound called citrulline that improves ED. one of my favorite juices so far is ginger and watermelon and carrots.

Durantia37
04-11-2017, 11:52 AM
I think blood flow is one underrated aspect of breath work as well. Breathing from your stomach rather than your chest is an instant, free way to improve blood flow/oxygenation.

Do you make your own ginger juice or buy it? Making it is such a pain in the ass.

Holistic
04-11-2017, 08:31 PM
You are right, I havenīt even thought about the breathwork!, proper meditation can improve it too I guess ( I am a newbie about meditation, breathwork and those sort of things).

As for the ginger, I throw some peeled ginger roots into the blender with watermelon or pinapple slices, I find that it goes trough the milk bag relatively easy (specially with the watermelon)