PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid/Adrenal Question

Durantia37
04-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Hey guys,

I've been having this horrible issue I can't understand, and was wondering if anyone knows what this is.

I flip flop all day between being super wired and anxious and completely exhausted. Everytime I consume food, especially large meals, the anxiety starts and everything goes into hyper speed. Then, a little bit later, I feel like death.

I'm eating a largely low fodmap diet with no nut, grains, dairy, gluten, etc. I don't eat that many carbs, but I'm definitely not devoid of them. I eat small snacks of low glycemic fruit between meals (a couple bananas, about 7 strawberries, a cup of pineapple, and 20 or so blueberries would be an average day). The rest is meat and veggie.

I also feel hungry 24/7. It clearly seems like a thyroid issue, but I don't know what to do. I do light exercise, and take adaptogens daily (breaking the protocol temporarily, but it seems necessary and helps).

What on earth can I do? Just stay the course and wait for things to balance out? Thanks.

K8668B
04-08-2017, 06:55 PM
I would think this sounds like a leaky gut issue, but it sounds like you're eating quite well, staying away from gluten, or foods that would cause inflammation. It's a tough one to call. Perhaps another juice feast/fast may help you? I'm not sure 100%. But thats just my two cents though.

Damn
01-24-2018, 08:10 PM
Hey guys,

I've been having this horrible issue I can't understand, and was wondering if anyone knows what this is.

I flip flop all day between being super wired and anxious and completely exhausted. Everytime I consume food, especially large meals, the anxiety starts and everything goes into hyper speed. Then, a little bit later, I feel like death.

I'm eating a largely low fodmap diet with no nut, grains, dairy, gluten, etc. I don't eat that many carbs, but I'm definitely not devoid of them. I eat small snacks of low glycemic fruit between meals (a couple bananas, about 7 strawberries, a cup of pineapple, and 20 or so blueberries would be an average day). The rest is meat and veggie.

I also feel hungry 24/7. It clearly seems like a thyroid issue, but I don't know what to do. I do light exercise, and take adaptogens daily (breaking the protocol temporarily, but it seems necessary and helps).

What on earth can I do? Just stay the course and wait for things to balance out? Thanks.

I know this is a super old post and hopefully you have figured it out by now, but thought I'd share for what it's worth. Could it be blood sugar regulation? Been working with a natural thyroid guy and his thing is always mixing fat (mostly saturated), protein and carbs (big on tropical fruits & root veggies) at every meal/snack. It can be a pain in the ass at times, but it seems to work. He also recommends eating within an hour of waking and very 2-3 hours throughout the day. Glad to share more if you're interested.

Al767
02-09-2018, 05:13 AM
Hi Damn,
I would be very interested if you could share some more information on this.
I have not been anxious anymore for a long time but hungry 24/7 so it seems quite often.
Been doing a paleo dieet with complex carbs for a long time and only recently trying to avoid “white” carbs.
As I found out they can definitely trigger uncontrollable munchies with me. Even combined with proper fats and proteins.
Thanks.

Cdsnuts
02-27-2018, 05:53 PM
Hi Damn,
I would be very interested if you could share some more information on this.
I have not been anxious anymore for a long time but hungry 24/7 so it seems quite often.
Been doing a paleo dieet with complex carbs for a long time and only recently trying to avoid “white” carbs.
As I found out they can definitely trigger uncontrollable munchies with me. Even combined with proper fats and proteins.
Thanks.

Well uncontrollable munchies is a phenomenal thing to have when lifting for strength and size. You want to use this to your advantage to build mass, which will help in the over all scheme of things concerning hormone replenishment.

Lift...and lift hard.