PDA

View Full Version : SOY! Let's talk about it! And soy while having PFS.

K8668B
04-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Holy shit! Today i just discovered that my bodyfortress whey protein powder of over 8 years has soy lecithin in it! We all know that soy is basically estrogenic crap and is not good for men, even more so men with PFS.

Well, i never really thought my bodyfortress whey protein powder hurt me TOO BAD, but recently ive noticed my libido is a tiny bit lower than it was a week ago. Not much, but even the tiniest % i can notice. I was eating skippy peanut butter on my gluten free sandwiches for a few days, instead of my regular peter pan brand of peanut butter. Not knowing that it had soy in it. Same with vitamin shoppes omega 3 fish oil. I did these things inadvertently. Im waiting for the soy from the vitamin shoppe brand fish oil and from the skippy peanut butter to leave my system. But in the meantime im stuck with my bodyfortress whey protein powder until friday.

What do you guys think about this? Is soy lecithin bad? Anyone know any cheap WHEY protein powders or protein powders that are completely free of soy, and not too costly? Should i not take this brand of protein powder anymore? My gut instinct is telling me not to take this anymore.

My opinion... we should all just completely cut soy out of the diet.

Man this shit is poison.. its hard as hell to avoid it. It makes me sick and angry that companies are literally out to poison us with everything.

CannonBalls
04-10-2017, 03:37 PM
While I agree we should cut soy out of our diets I have continuously used protein powders that contain it, and am still making great progress. When I discovered I had PFS I immediately freaked out and tried to weed out soy and 5 ar inhibitors. I think doing this added to my anxiety and contributed to a delay in my recovery.

I plan on replacing my protein powder with a clean one like CD listed on his website soon.

Yes, we should be aware of what we consume, but also be mindful not to overthink and create more stress for ourselves.

Maxout777
04-10-2017, 03:47 PM
While I agree we should cut soy out of our diets I have continuously used protein powders that contain it, and am still making great progress. When I discovered I had PFS I immediately freaked out and tried to weed out soy and 5 ar inhibitors. I think doing this added to my anxiety and contributed to a delay in my recovery.

I plan on replacing my protein powder with a clean one like CD listed on his website soon.

Yes, we should be aware of what we consume, but also be mindful not to overthink and create more stress for ourselves.

This last statement is an absolute certainty. Couldn't have put it better myself.

K8668B
04-10-2017, 06:12 PM
I agree with both you. I originally freaked myself out too. Well i went out to some supermarkets and GNC just to check out some protein powders. Basically 80% of protein powders I saw had at least a tiny bit of or some form of soy in them. The majority of your cheaper ones will have soy lecithin in them. The one brand i found that didnt have soy in it was called "QUEST". It was $37.99 for a 2lb bottle at GNC. Which is not too expensive. But the rate i go through protein powder weekly with my high protein diet is unreal. But it gives great results (for me at least. everyones metabolism and protein needs are different).

But you're right, going to try not to sweat the small stuff, because this could prolong ones recovery, worrying about every small little detail like you guys said. If you're still making great progress while still taking your protein powder, then the amount of soy in it is most likely very minuscule.

K8668B
04-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Hehe... i DID tell CD that i read his TMO link word for word, which i did, but i sometimes forget stuff. It's alot to remember every tiny little detail. Its moments like these, where they come about, and then you go, "OH YEAH....that's right.." hehe

His website suggests a brand of protein powder called "ONLY". Seems like you can also find it in Target as well.

CannonBalls
04-10-2017, 07:20 PM
I love the peanut butter quest powder. I have it every night before bed with Whole Foods peanut butter and almond milk mixed in a bowl.

K8668B
04-10-2017, 07:41 PM
I love the peanut butter quest powder. I have it every night before bed with Whole Foods peanut butter and almond milk mixed in a bowl.

I think the quest powder is an even better option than the only brand that CD recommended. Size and cost wise. I eat 6 scoops of protein powder a day, on top of everything else i eat a day. I have a super high protein intake, but its worked so well for me physique wise all these years.

Snell1234
04-11-2017, 12:58 AM
I echo the comments here that it isn't worth worrying about. Obviously it is in our best interests to avoid it and to be vigilant to make sure we get supplements without it. But if we have taken it inadvertently, we will do more damage worrying about it than the tiny amount in the supplement could ever do.

I only got affected by soy (prior to pfs) when I had soy milk with my cereal (a heap of the stuff). This destroyed my dick. A tiny amount shouldn't do anything though.

K8668B
04-11-2017, 06:33 AM
I echo the comments here that it isn't worth worrying about. Obviously it is in our best interests to avoid it and to be vigilant to make sure we get supplements without it. But if we have taken it inadvertently, we will do more damage worrying about it than the tiny amount in the supplement could ever do.

I only got affected by soy (prior to pfs) when I had soy milk with my cereal (a heap of the stuff). This destroyed my dick. A tiny amount shouldn't do anything though.

Yeah, i read that a few days ago! That garbage soy milk must be super estrogeny if i could have that affect on a person without pfs! That shit is mind blowing when you think about it!

I've been taking obsessive amounts of the body fortress protein powder. and ive now been doing this for almost 4 weeks consistently. i think possibly the use of it over an extended period of time, is building up in my system. i was feeling a slightly higher libido 2 weeks ago.

Snell1234
04-11-2017, 07:10 AM
How have the herbs been going for you? Have you been getting any further improvement with them? They are building up my system really well. Slowly, but in a way where one day you realise you are a lot better in a lot of areas.

K8668B
04-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Glad to hear it! In certain ways, yes. I noticed the ant extract. I had energy all day from work, and never crashed. I didnt notice any effect from the pine pollen tincture. but thats just me personally. However, the last few days, i was getting a ridiculously high amount of soy in my diet. It seems to be leaving my system now. Yesterday i took cistanche. I visualized about some sexual stuff because i had a period during the day where i was in the mood, and i achieved my biggest erection in a very long time through manual stimulation. i just edged though. Today i woke up energized, and took ashwaganda tincture. Libido seemed a tiny bit higher today. Nothing crazy, but today was a good day. That could change tomorrow though. not sure yet. Also on day 11 of a nofap streak. trying to eventually switch over on protein powders because i think the soy was hurting me.... especially the way i take it in obsessively high doses.

Cdsnuts
04-14-2017, 05:46 AM
How have the herbs been going for you? Have you been getting any further improvement with them? They are building up my system really well. Slowly, but in a way where one day you realise you are a lot better in a lot of areas.

This is how you will notice it....as you get better and better, certain things will almost seem like an after thought. Old symptoms you had you will no longer have. But because the progress is on the slow side, it takes awhile for people to notice the improvements. The thing here is that slow and steady leads to permanent gains.

Snell1234
04-14-2017, 07:25 AM
This is how you will notice it....as you get better and better, certain things will almost seem like an after thought. Old symptoms you had you will no longer have. But because the progress is on the slow side, it takes awhile for people to notice the improvements. The thing here is that slow and steady leads to permanent gains.

Very reassuring, thanks. It would be nice if it happened in a instant, but I am in it for the long haul and will do whatever it takes for however long it takes.

I have to say the herbs are what seem to be building my body up. I cleansed well and ate well etc. but I wasn't taking the herbs. It's only since being on them that I feel my body being recalibrated again.

K8668B
04-14-2017, 01:20 PM
Speaking of the herbs, my schisandra and shilijit resin finally arrived today. so im happy about that.

And last night i discovered that my tuna has soy in it too! I really fucking hate soy. So for years, along with having pfs, i inadvertently had a very high soy diet. it was in my protein powder, my tuna, my glutenous bread before i switched to gluten free, and god knows what else. tuna is a great muscle builder too... alot of these foods i ate were great muscle builders, but along with it i was getting alot of soy! its despicable how the world is out to poison us, and how hard it is to get away from this shit. found a few 4packs of tuna that were soy free, but were double the price. be careful when buying your RTD (ready to drink) protein shakes at stores, gas stations, etc... check for soy. you can easily find soy free ones though, but just keep your eye out.

Holistic
05-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Holy shit! Today i just discovered that my bodyfortress whey protein powder of over 8 years has soy lecithin in it! We all know that soy is basically estrogenic crap and is not good for men, even more so men with PFS.

Well, i never really thought my bodyfortress whey protein powder hurt me TOO BAD, but recently ive noticed my libido is a tiny bit lower than it was a week ago. Not much, but even the tiniest % i can notice. I was eating skippy peanut butter on my gluten free sandwiches for a few days, instead of my regular peter pan brand of peanut butter. Not knowing that it had soy in it. Same with vitamin shoppes omega 3 fish oil. I did these things inadvertently. Im waiting for the soy from the vitamin shoppe brand fish oil and from the skippy peanut butter to leave my system. But in the meantime im stuck with my bodyfortress whey protein powder until friday.

What do you guys think about this? Is soy lecithin bad? Anyone know any cheap WHEY protein powders or protein powders that are completely free of soy, and not too costly? Should i not take this brand of protein powder anymore? My gut instinct is telling me not to take this anymore.

My opinion... we should all just completely cut soy out of the diet.

Man this shit is poison.. its hard as hell to avoid it. It makes me sick and angry that companies are literally out to poison us with everything.

IMO, Soy is a killer for androgens. Yesterday I Went to this veggie restaurant with my girlfriend and ordered some dish with "veggie meat" so I asked the waitress what was the "meat" and she said " fried glutten" my answer was hello no, what can I order instead of glutten? - Soy protein, she said. Minutes later plate arrived corn soaked in bbq sauce, corn, chips and what seemed like sausages (soy p). My gf ordered quinua burger it was really good, I did not order that cuz of the bread but I should have since my food not only tasted bad but got my colon really upset. Last days I have been getting some relatively frequent morning wood. But Today dick dead and cold. Personally I would avoid soy like plague. I went there thinking I might eat healthy like a salad or something but ended up eating vegetarian fast food. Each time I am more convinced this stuff is colon related, be careful of what you eat.