PDA

View Full Version : BPA

Benq123
04-27-2017, 04:13 PM
So we know about Xenoestrogens in skincare products and such affecting our hormones.
What's your take on BPA? Should I be avoiding eating canned foods and using plastic containers?

Cdsnuts
04-28-2017, 02:53 PM
So we know about Xenoestrogens in skincare products and such affecting our hormones.
What's your take on BPA? Should I be avoiding eating canned foods and using plastic containers?
Absolutely whenever possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DrivenToRecover
04-28-2017, 03:11 PM

receipts too

Cdsnuts
04-28-2017, 03:59 PM
receipts too
When the clerk goes to hand me my receipt I just open the bag and hold it out in front of me and she'll stick it right in there. I don't touch them if I can help it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

DrivenToRecover
04-28-2017, 04:12 PM
That is one approach. I usually just scream BPA and run out of the store like a maniac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrivenToRecover
04-28-2017, 04:57 PM
That is one approach. I usually just scream BPA and run out of the store like a maniac.

In all seriousness though I think I remember reading that receipt paper has a ton of bpa when compared to plastic bottles and cans...but that your skin doesn't absorb much of it unless your hands are wet

Cdsnuts
04-28-2017, 05:17 PM
BPA is seriously estrogenic. And toxic.

DrivenToRecover
04-28-2017, 06:13 PM
BPA is seriously estrogenic. And toxic.

Seems like you can never avoid it entirely too. Just limit as much as possible.

How do you get good drinking water? I either drink canned seltzer water, or fill up a glass gallon I have with reverse osmosis, and add in mineral powder.

Durantia37
04-28-2017, 07:59 PM
I bought two five gallon bpa-free jugs and fill up at a natural spring. And drink out of glass containers.

I just say "I don't need it" when they try to give me the receipt.

K8668B
04-28-2017, 08:11 PM
Haha funny this came up about receipts.. in the last few days ive been telling all these clerks to just toss the receipts. Got sick of them pilling up in my car and wallet! hahaa

Hulk Smash
05-03-2017, 09:58 AM
I saw a video recently of plastic roads.
Looks like recycled plastic will be used to make paved roads and is supposed to last longer
and better for the environment lol. Why don't they just eliminate the use of plastic?

I imagine the sun beaming down on the pavement and releasing BPA fumes into the air.
The people creating this are real idiots.

Cdsnuts
05-03-2017, 01:34 PM
I saw a video recently of plastic roads.
Looks like recycled plastic will be used to make paved roads and is supposed to last longer
and better for the environment lol. Why don't they just eliminate the use of plastic?

I imagine the sun beaming down on the pavement and releasing BPA fumes into the air.
The people creating this are real idiots.

This is completely irresponsible and a ridiculous idea. All of that plastic will still break down....albeit very slowly, but it will still be released into the environment and ultimately, taken in by us.