PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid question

Snell1234
05-06-2017, 02:28 AM
Hi guys, I had a few questions in relation to the thyroid gland and some results I had from a time back (approx. 2 years ago).

My question relations specifically to thyroid antibodies. On the test there were 2 types: 1. Thyroglobulin antibodies and 2. Thyroid peroxidase antibodies.

My results were as follows:

Thyroglobulin antibodies <15 (<60)
Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies 35 (<60)

I'm looking for an interpretation of these results. Does everybody have these antibodies at some level? Or do only some people have these antibodies?

If it is only some people who have the antibodies, does this mean the people that have them need to be wary of thyroid issues especially in the context of pfs?

And finally - if the thyroid has been under pressure for some time and potentially been attacking itself with these antibodies, can it heal itself fully and produce normal levels of thyroid afterwards?

Thanks in advance guys.

(For completeness, my other thyroid results were as follows:

Free T4 - 15.1 ( 9 - 25)
TSH - 2.85 (0.5 - 5)
Free T3 - 5.5 (3.5 - 6.5)

RT3 - 216 (170 - 450))

Benq123
05-12-2017, 04:29 AM
My approach is just to continue with the protocol, and all should fix itself.
It could be that once the gut is healed and the adrenals have recovered then the thyroid recovers aswell.
Always listen to your body, don't over exercise if your adrenals are out of whack for example.

Just my opinion, anyone else might be able to help more.

Juvo
05-13-2017, 06:08 PM
Unraveling thyroid antibody tests | Dr. K. News (https://drknews.com/unraveling-thyroid-antibodies/)

"First of all, we all make antibodies against cell tissue. The presence of some antibodies is healthy and normal. As old tissue cells die to be replaced by new ones, the immune system tags these dead cells with antibodies, just as it would tag an invading virus or infection to destroy and remove."

Many experts believe the normal range of TSH is to high and ideally you'd have a TSH closer to 1.0. Your numbers look ok, regardless

Maxout777
05-13-2017, 07:40 PM
Your TSH was pretty much the exact same as mine for what it's worth. I'm sure a lot of my problems were related to thyroid.