PDA

View Full Version : John Rose - Your opinions

Benq123
05-07-2017, 03:40 AM
The MOST Appealing Diet In the World Is A RAW VEGAN Diet!!! - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo93chGGJs0)

He seems a bit crazy lol but how much of what he preaches do you think is true?

He is very in favor of long juice fasts, as most of us here are. But then the difference comes when he talks about what he believes is the "ideal, species specific diet" of raw food. He mentions no other animal cooks their food, which I guess is true.
Paleo is "caveman days", before chemicals (usually organic), machines (processing), grains etc. He thinks this diet is a lot better than most, but still not perfect. Raw food is the step even further back, before we cooked food or ate animals, "the island days", just raw fruit, veg, nuts and seeds. Although it's probably unsustainable in today's society, but try not to take that into account.
Anyway just wondering your opinion, especially CD's, as I know he tried pretty much every diet available and chose Paleo as the best, would like to know why he came to that conclusion.

Swill
05-07-2017, 08:04 AM
The MOST Appealing Diet In the World Is A RAW VEGAN Diet!!! - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo93chGGJs0)

He is very in favor of long juice fasts, as most of us here are. But then the difference comes when he talks about what he believes is the "ideal, species specific diet" of raw food. He mentions no other animal cooks their food, which I guess is true.
Paleo is "caveman days", before chemicals (usually organic), machines (processing), grains etc. He thinks this diet is a lot better than most, but still not perfect. Raw food is the step even further back, before we cooked food or ate animals, "the island days", just raw fruit, veg, nuts and seeds. Although it's probably unsustainable in today's society, but try not to take that into account.
Anyway just wondering your opinion, especially CD's, as I know he tried pretty much every diet available and chose Paleo as the best, would like to know why he came to that conclusion.

I undertook a medically supervised water fast in California at the same place as CD, and there they militantly push an SOS (salt oil sugar) free vegan diet. They lecture you on it, and refer to eating meat as 'decaying animal flesh,' milk as 'coagulated cow puss' etc... you get the picture.

My take is that there are certainly worse diets out there... the doc specifically looking after me was in his 70's and bounding up and down stairs like a 20 year old, but I don't consider it to be optimal, particularly from a hormonal perspective, which is a large part of what we are looking to correct. These people dont 'look' the healthiest, they looked 'pasty' and like they lacked strength, and the healthiest looking guy working there with a little muscle mass admitted to me that he eats meat on occasion when nobody else was around (they want all their staff to subscribe to that lifestyle).

As I say, i think theres far worse (the 'standard american diet', etc) but if you're talking optimal there is no need to be that restrictive.

Benq123
05-07-2017, 09:08 AM
I undertook a medically supervised water fast in California at the same place as CD, and there they militantly push an SOS (salt oil sugar) free vegan diet. They lecture you on it, and refer to eating meat as 'decaying animal flesh,' milk as 'coagulated cow puss' etc... you get the picture.

My take is that there are certainly worse diets out there... the doc specifically looking after me was in his 70's and bounding up and down stairs like a 20 year old, but I don't consider it to be optimal, particularly from a hormonal perspective, which is a large part of what we are looking to correct. These people dont 'look' the healthiest, they looked 'pasty' and like they lacked strength, and the healthiest looking guy working there with a little muscle mass admitted to me that he eats meat on occasion when nobody else was around (they want all their staff to subscribe to that lifestyle).

As I say, i think theres far worse (the 'standard american diet', etc) but if you're talking optimal there is no need to be that restrictive.

Interesting, do those people eat or avoid grains, beans etc? Do they cook their food?

People trying to get me to go Vegan "for the animals" never really appealed to me, I care a lot more about my health. But if there's a possiblility of it being healthier, that makes me think about it.
I certainly understand why we would need meat for the hormonal reasons in our situation, but once we are out of that, Paleo still the way to go for you?

Cdsnuts
05-07-2017, 10:04 AM

Science and evolution is how I came to that conclusion.

Regardless of what others say in regards to the best diet for humans, people that live a hunter/gatherer lifestyle ALL eat animals. From all parts of the planet, regardless of environment, it would be impossible to live on a vegan diet naturally.

If you're a white man, you evolved in the northern latitudes where everything was covered in snow for half the year. You HAD to eat animals to survive. It's the only thing that's available when snow is on the ground, for the most part. This is how we evolved for hundreds of thousands of years. It's programmed into our DNA. The vegetation that you could eat in the summer were anything that you could pick from a plant. Fruits, veggies, tubers, etc. Grains were not part of the human diet until the advent of agriculture, about 10,000 years ago or so. This is because it's something that has to be cultivated, in large fields and tended to. This was only possible once people settled into civilizations and had the time to specialize their activities. Before this, you and your "tribe" were basically living a nomadic lifestyle, following the game. Grains were just not a natural part of the diet. And, because they've only been consumed for such a short window of time compared to our existence, our bodies are just not fully equipped to deal with them.

It's very simple, actually. When we mimic the diet of our ancestors which is what we evolved on, our bodies operate the way they were designed to.

Cdsnuts
05-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Interesting, do those people eat or avoid grains, beans etc? Do they cook their food?

People trying to get me to go Vegan "for the animals" never really appealed to me, I care a lot more about my health. But if there's a possiblility of it being healthier, that makes me think about it.
I certainly understand why we would need meat for the hormonal reasons in our situation, but once we are out of that, Paleo still the way to go for you?

No...they eat grains. Alot of them. And yes, they cook their food.

I recommend that place strictly for fasting. I always tell the few people that have actually made it out there to fast to be aware of how militant they are about the vegan diet while you're there. I remember telling Swill this as well before he went. Aside from that, it's the best fasting center in the country, that I'm aware of.

It's also very eye opening concerning what that type of diet does to your body. Like swill said, most of them are very thin, weak and frail looking. I also noticed they had a strange scent coming from them.....not really sure why. I believe compared to the SAD way of eating, the vegan diet they preach is going to give people relief from alot of their health problems. That's simply because when you go from eating a processed food diet to a whole foods diet, even with those whole foods being plant based, you're going to take huge strides forward in the beginning. But after that, you hit a wall and don't progress any further.

I tried it for about six months, and I did not like the results, hormonally or otherwise.

Benq123
05-07-2017, 01:11 PM
Science and evolution is how I came to that conclusion.

Regardless of what others say in regards to the best diet for humans, people that live a hunter/gatherer lifestyle ALL eat animals. From all parts of the planet, regardless of environment, it would be impossible to live on a vegan diet naturally.

If you're a white man, you evolved in the northern latitudes where everything was covered in snow for half the year. You HAD to eat animals to survive. It's the only thing that's available when snow is on the ground, for the most part. This is how we evolved for hundreds of thousands of years. It's programmed into our DNA. The vegetation that you could eat in the summer were anything that you could pick from a plant. Fruits, veggies, tubers, etc. Grains were not part of the human diet until the advent of agriculture, about 10,000 years ago or so. This is because it's something that has to be cultivated, in large fields and tended to. This was only possible once people settled into civilizations and had the time to specialize their activities. Before this, you and your "tribe" were basically living a nomadic lifestyle, following the game. Grains were just not a natural part of the diet. And, because they've only been consumed for such a short window of time compared to our existence, our bodies are just not fully equipped to deal with them.

It's very simple, actually. When we mimic the diet of our ancestors which is what we evolved on, our bodies operate the way they were designed to.

Makes perfect sense, thank you

TubZy
05-07-2017, 04:12 PM
Not even that- vegans are grossly deficient in zinc, taurine, creatine, D3, iron, B12 etc.... perfect line up for the skinny fat weak beta male.

The battler
05-28-2017, 07:01 AM
Cd, so once I am done with the water fast and am able to take in solid food, would you advise me to consume dairy and gluten free grains like rice and Sorghum, or should I stick to paleo for a month or so?

Cdsnuts
05-29-2017, 10:39 AM
Cd, so once I am done with the water fast and am able to take in solid food, would you advise me to consume dairy and gluten free grains like rice and Sorghum, or should I stick to paleo for a month or so?

Dairy is taken on a case by case basis. If you can tolerate it, go for it. Being that you just finished the fast you'll be able to tell quickly what effects you negatively and what doesn't. If it effects you negatively, don't consume it.

In regards to gluten free grains, you want to use these in a backloading scenario. Simply eat them at night (darkness onward) on work out days only.