PDA

View Full Version : I have PSSD

Juvo
05-09-2017, 06:14 PM
I believe PSSD sufferers are in a similar boat as PFS sufferers. While finasteride inhibits 5ar, SSRIs speed up 3a-HSD - both leading to alterations in DHT and other 5ar metabolite concentrations.

I will be following the protocol here and figure that if it does nothing for my PSSD symptoms I'll be healthier and more fit along the way.

Current symptoms:

-no libido
-no morning erections
-anhedonia
-brain fog
-short term memory loss
-no dreaming
-Sexual anhedonia, loss of pleasurable orgasm
-Decreased semen volume and force

Like cdnuts says, I'll need to adopt this as my new lifestyle and not so much a trial that has an end-date

xxLUK
05-10-2017, 08:00 PM
"PFS" is mainly just leaky gut syndrome/adrenal fatigue/sluggish liver/under active or overactive thyroid/low T, you can just address all of these shortcomings an you will heal.

Juvo
05-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Test 585 range 300 - 1080 ng/dL
Test Free % 2.0 range 1.6 - 2.9%
Test Free Calc 119 range 47 - 244 pg/mL
SHBG 30 range 11 - 80 nmol/L
TSH 4.64 (H) range 0.20 - 4.50 uIU/mL
Free T4 0.9 range 0.7 - 1.5 ng/dL

In case anyone is curious, this is a blood test from a couple months ago. I have since managed to lower TSH to under 2.0 with no change in symptoms. Is it common for you PFS folk to have semi-normal return to androgen levels with no remit in symptoms?

coppersocks
05-27-2017, 03:37 AM
It is normal to return to "normal" levels and still have persistent symptoms, yes. There is more going on with PFS and likely other conditions with similar symptoms than testosterone, TSH and estrogen levels. Even DHT levels are rarely indicative of where someone is at symptoms wise. It is likely that neuro-steriods such as dopamine, GABA and allopregnanolone, their production and our brains ability to interact with them through it's receptors play a key part the issue and it's solution. The good news is that the brain is a highly plastic and fixable organ and living and thinking (yes, thinking as a major impact) in a way that supports its well being and supports good hormonal health is the key.

xxLUK
05-27-2017, 10:34 PM
It is normal to return to "normal" levels and still have persistent symptoms, yes. There is more going on with PFS and likely other conditions with similar symptoms than testosterone, TSH and estrogen levels. Even DHT levels are rarely indicative of where someone is at symptoms wise. It is likely that neuro-steriods such as dopamine, GABA and allopregnanolone, their production and our brains ability to interact with them through it's receptors play a key part the issue and it's solution. The good news is that the brain is a highly plastic and fixable organ and living and thinking (yes, thinking as a major impact) in a way that supports its well being and supports good hormonal health is the key.
yea its because our livers/gut are messed up in ways we dont realize. the liver has its own hormones that helps regulate your body's balance that go undetetced, thats why everyone thinks "PFS" is so mystical, but it really isn't. most of the issue dwell in the liver/gut, 90% of serotonin is in the gut, why else you think we're so numb lool.

Juvo
07-22-2017, 08:40 AM
quick update. back during my first post I got tired of nothing I tried doing anything to push me in the right direction. While I haven't feasted yet (waiting for a slowdown in work so I can take it easier on the juice), I did order a bottle of r-andro 2 months ago out of impatience and wanting to see if something had potential for me. I took 100mg in the morning and night and within a week I started noticing the sexual improvements and the positive male aggression I haven't felt in so so long - it felt great.
Ordered another bottle and upped the dose to 200mg 2x daily. Finished out the cycle and hopped on vitamin e + DAA + alpha sustain as a PCT. I just wrapped up the PCT.

Some of the effects have subsided since wrapping up PCT but I would say baseline is improved - erections are easier and a little harder, and sexual thoughts are more fun and sometimes provide that horny "gut" feeling. One of my more disturbing symptoms is anhedonia which, during PCT and even now, I seem to cycle between depression/anxiety and back to anhedonia (flat compressed emotions). Just wondering if any PFS folk here also had/have anhedonia as it doesn't seem to be a common mentioned symptom from PFS besides brain fog?

What now? I plan to properly do the juice feast and then a round of herbs, followed by another cycle. I also want to do more HIIT and just continue to improve my health. Another update to follow.

Cdsnuts
07-24-2017, 04:15 PM
quick update. back during my first post I got tired of nothing I tried doing anything to push me in the right direction. While I haven't feasted yet (waiting for a slowdown in work so I can take it easier on the juice), I did order a bottle of r-andro 2 months ago out of impatience and wanting to see if something had potential for me. I took 100mg in the morning and night and within a week I started noticing the sexual improvements and the positive male aggression I haven't felt in so so long - it felt great.
Ordered another bottle and upped the dose to 200mg 2x daily. Finished out the cycle and hopped on vitamin e + DAA + alpha sustain as a PCT. I just wrapped up the PCT.

Some of the effects have subsided since wrapping up PCT but I would say baseline is improved - erections are easier and a little harder, and sexual thoughts are more fun and sometimes provide that horny "gut" feeling. One of my more disturbing symptoms is anhedonia which, during PCT and even now, I seem to cycle between depression/anxiety and back to anhedonia (flat compressed emotions). Just wondering if any PFS folk here also had/have anhedonia as it doesn't seem to be a common mentioned symptom from PFS besides brain fog?

What now? I plan to properly do the juice feast and then a round of herbs, followed by another cycle. I also want to do more HIIT and just continue to improve my health. Another update to follow.

Just like you don't build a house starting with the roof, you need to do these things in the order they are laid for you. There is a reason things are listed the way they are.

CLEANSE first.

Juvo
08-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Thanks CD. Will definitely be feasting soon.

Does anyone know how to lower Progesterone? I can't find much information on progesterone and males besides that it might help sexual functioning and it could also cripple it as well.

My progesterone level was 0.3 ng/ml on a standard adult range of 0.0-0.2 ng/ml

Cdsnuts
08-01-2017, 01:22 PM
Thanks CD. Will definitely be feasting soon.

Does anyone know how to lower Progesterone? I can't find much information on progesterone and males besides that it might help sexual functioning and it could also cripple it as well.

My progesterone level was 0.3 ng/ml on a standard adult range of 0.0-0.2 ng/mlStop worrying about numbers and just start the protocol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Zerolibido
07-27-2023, 11:23 PM
Yes b itch just do the God damn.protocl.and stuf