PDA

View Full Version : Lifestyle Concern

Durantia37
05-24-2017, 05:32 PM
So I quit my job as an IT manager about a month ago because my PFS was keeping me from functioning and I hated the job anyway. Now I've been doing landscaping.

As you probably know, this is fucking backbreaking work, and it's essentially cardio for like 6-8 hours straight. I'm trying to only do 3 days a week for now, which they're okay with.

I've been worried about the amount of cardio and what this might do to my recovery. It's basically impossible to workout on work days, and it seems a little ill-advised to do long bouts of cardio 3 days a week and lifting and HIIT the other 4 days, all while having a screwed up thyroid/adrenal system.

Should I just push through and see what happens? Or should I knock off a workout or HIIT and give myself a thorough rest day each week? Not trying to cut corners or anything. I got the job because I figured working outdoors would be healthy, but I'm scared of overdoing it. Thanks for reading.

Cdsnuts
05-25-2017, 07:17 AM
So I quit my job as an IT manager about a month ago because my PFS was keeping me from functioning and I hated the job anyway. Now I've been doing landscaping.

As you probably know, this is fucking backbreaking work, and it's essentially cardio for like 6-8 hours straight. I'm trying to only do 3 days a week for now, which they're okay with.

I've been worried about the amount of cardio and what this might do to my recovery. It's basically impossible to workout on work days, and it seems a little ill-advised to do long bouts of cardio 3 days a week and lifting and HIIT the other 4 days, all while having a screwed up thyroid/adrenal system.

Should I just push through and see what happens? Or should I knock off a workout or HIIT and give myself a thorough rest day each week? Not trying to cut corners or anything. I got the job because I figured working outdoors would be healthy, but I'm scared of overdoing it. Thanks for reading.

While it may seem like you're doing "cardio" 6-8 hours a day, this is by no means the same thing as doing steady state cardio such as running for miles and miles. You are simply, working. The more you do it, the better and easier it will become. For now, for the sake of your adrenals, stop doing the HIIT and continue on with weight lifting. HIIT obviously is the better choice for a myriad of reasons, but you only have so much gas in your tank right now.

Durantia37
05-25-2017, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. I hate giving up HIIT because it's probably my favorite part of the protocol, but I'll give it up for now.