PDA

View Full Version : Meegs- On My Way to Recovery

Meegs
06-02-2017, 10:51 AM
Hey guys- I'm new here. User name over at SolvePFS is blindsided and I have previously communicated with a couple of you over there. Thanks for helping to get me on my way to recovery.

I KNOW that there is really no point in sharing my story here (and symptoms), but in a sense it is somewhat therapeutic for me so hope you don't mind. Also, I would like to be able to reference this post after I recover.

My story recap: I was prescribed Propecia for a cystic acne condition that I have been dealing with most of my adult life. I first started the poison in 2009. No noticeable side effects for around 6 years on the drug. At around the 6 year mark (Dec. 2015) , all of a sudden 1 night I could not get an erection with my wife and I just felt off. It was on my birthday no less so I will never forget the exact date. Remembering that Fin could cause ED, I stopped the drug a few days later. Which I now realize is typical, I felt good for like 3 weeks and then all of a sudden hell broke loose and the side effects started to wreak havoc over the course of a few months. It began with the terrible insomnia which I know many of you can relate to. The first 6 months were a whirl wind, having no clue what was happening to my body. Around 2 months after I quit is when I found out about PFS. I didn't know what to do at that time, but quickly realized that doctors were useless to me. I have now been off the drug for around 17 months.

Most of my sides were/are of the mental and physical variety. For some reason, I was not hit hard with the sexual sides, although not 100% in that department either. Main sides are digestive issues (loose stools and stomach pain), muscle/weight/subcutaneous fat loss (can't gain weight), veins more prominent in hands, arms, and legs, some general soreness, some fatigue, lower energy, dark circles around eyes, bruise and get cut easily (slow wound healing), and frequent urination. Also the normal mood stuff- less motivation and drive, some brain fog, and just overall not clear headed. Thankfully, my sleep has improved since last year. Still not great, but MUCH better than it was.

Enough with my story. Around 4 months ago (after talking with Maxout) I started CDs protocol. I have since completed a 14 day juice feast and have been diligent on the rest of the protocol. It took some time, but I now have the diet dialed in and am rotating the herbs. I have made this my lifestyle. I do have pockets of time where mentally I feel pretty clear minded. I know that I can recover, but not expecting it to happen overnight.

I have a wife and a beautiful 7 year old baby girl- you can bet that they are all the motivation that I need.

Looking forward to recovering.....

Maxout777
06-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Hey man, glad to see you made your way over here. I was just thinking about you the other day and was going to reach out to you and see how things were going.

Meegs
06-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Thanks Maxout. Yeah, like I said, I've been sticking to the protocol, and the core of it is pretty much routine at this point. I think the diet and herbs have been in play for around 4 months. Since then, I have also added other things that CD posted on his website such as cold showers, natural products, and magnesium oil.

The routine is fairly easy and normal for me at this point. That said, it would be a lie if I said that I enjoy not drinking a beer with my wife on the weekend or not eating dessert with my daughter. Not complaining, as this is what I need to do and will stay on point.

I do feel better in certain areas. As I mentioned, there are times here and there where my mind seems to be much clearer. Also, I do have times, like today, where I have pretty good energy. It is 85 and sunny where I'm at (Wisconsin) so I'm soaking up the rays man.

Anyway, time to get my afternoon dosing of herbs- looks like pine pollen powder and Ant is on the menu.

Take care fellas.

Master Mal
06-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Way to the forum, buddy. Just know we're here for you no matter what. You're on the right course and you're gonna get through this sooner than you think. Just need to keep up the hard work.

Cdsnuts
06-06-2017, 04:54 AM
Hey guys- I'm new here. User name over at SolvePFS is blindsided and I have previously communicated with a couple of you over there. Thanks for helping to get me on my way to recovery.

I KNOW that there is really no point in sharing my story here (and symptoms), but in a sense it is somewhat therapeutic for me so hope you don't mind. Also, I would like to be able to reference this post after I recover.

My story recap: I was prescribed Propecia for a cystic acne condition that I have been dealing with most of my adult life. I first started the poison in 2009. No noticeable side effects for around 6 years on the drug. At around the 6 year mark (Dec. 2015) , all of a sudden 1 night I could not get an erection with my wife and I just felt off. It was on my birthday no less so I will never forget the exact date. Remembering that Fin could cause ED, I stopped the drug a few days later. Which I now realize is typical, I felt good for like 3 weeks and then all of a sudden hell broke loose and the side effects started to wreak havoc over the course of a few months. It began with the terrible insomnia which I know many of you can relate to. The first 6 months were a whirl wind, having no clue what was happening to my body. Around 2 months after I quit is when I found out about PFS. I didn't know what to do at that time, but quickly realized that doctors were useless to me. I have now been off the drug for around 17 months.

Most of my sides were/are of the mental and physical variety. For some reason, I was not hit hard with the sexual sides, although not 100% in that department either. Main sides are digestive issues (loose stools and stomach pain), muscle/weight/subcutaneous fat loss (can't gain weight), veins more prominent in hands, arms, and legs, some general soreness, some fatigue, lower energy, dark circles around eyes, bruise and get cut easily (slow wound healing), and frequent urination. Also the normal mood stuff- less motivation and drive, some brain fog, and just overall not clear headed. Thankfully, my sleep has improved since last year. Still not great, but MUCH better than it was.

Enough with my story. Around 4 months ago (after talking with Maxout) I started CDs protocol. I have since completed a 14 day juice feast and have been diligent on the rest of the protocol. It took some time, but I now have the diet dialed in and am rotating the herbs. I have made this my lifestyle. I do have pockets of time where mentally I feel pretty clear minded. I know that I can recover, but not expecting it to happen overnight.

I have a wife and a beautiful 7 year old baby girl- you can bet that they are all the motivation that I need.

Looking forward to recovering.....

Welcome.

If you've been reading the forum, you know the drill.

Keep doing what you're doing and before you know it, the bad days will be less and less and the good days will be more and more until finally, they stop showing up altogether.

Keep on grinding.

Have you started exercising?

Meegs
06-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Thanks to all for the welcome.

CD- yes I'm exercising once again. I usually lift every other day, trying to cover the muscle groups once per week. During the PM, after workouts, I usually consume potatoes or rice. I also mix in some sprinting a couple times per week.

Before PFS I did lift 4-5 days per week. Not to become a bodybuilder, but for the health benefits and to stay in tip top shape. After PFS hit me, I didn't lift for many months as I didn't have the strength/energy and my heart would feel like it was going to beat out of my chest whenever I attempted to. Maybe cortisol response, not sure. Any way, as mentioned, I have been back to working out the last few months.

Meegs
08-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Hi guys- I know for me this is a long race so there is no point for me to provide frequent updates.

That said, I am starting to feel better in certain aspects after being on the protocol for around 6 months now. I'm not going to speak to each symptom that I have, but in general there are days where I am starting to feel stronger physically and more clear mentally. When I say stronger physically, I'm talking about having that warm blood pumping feeling inside where things are working closer to normal and not necessarily meaning that I can lift 5 more pounds than I could before. Since PFS started, I would always have this cold, almost limp type feeling in certain areas of my body, especially in the chest area. Best way I can describe is that it felt like low blood flow.

Other than that I did want to call out one specific symptom improving. One of my worst sides over the last few months for me has been dry eyes. I'm not talking about dry eyes you get from wearing contacts and can relieve with drops, I'm talking about PFS dry eyes. Where they are always red inside and around and the feeling of sand particles constantly rubbing against the eyeballs. The frequency and intensity of this seems to be lessening, which I am very excited about.

I have a long way to go don't get me wrong, but my overall point is that I am improving in many areas. I just try to keep my head down and stay focused in the moment each day. I know that I will make it back, but it's just going to take me some time.

I have been steadfast when it comes to the protocol. As I mentioned in my opening, I have a 7 year old daughter, and looking into her eyes each morning is all the motivation that I need.

Just a couple of protocol specifics for me in case anyone should care:
I do take PP Powder, Shilajit, Bacopa, and Lions Mane pretty much on a daily basis and then rotate around 16 others on the list

TubZy had mentioned the niacinamide/caffeine/aspirin stack- I have added this on some days and it does help me mentally. Also Niacinamide has been proven to help in some acne conditions, which is another reason I wanted to try this (I took Fin for an acne condition).

And of course I am following the other aspects of the protocol like diet, exercise, cold showers, vit d/magnesium, mindfullness, etc. etc.

Until next time, take care all.

Cdsnuts
08-14-2017, 02:14 PM
Hi guys- I know for me this is a long race so there is no point for me to provide frequent updates.

That said, I am starting to feel better in certain aspects after being on the protocol for around 6 months now. I'm not going to speak to each symptom that I have, but in general there are days where I am starting to feel stronger physically and more clear mentally. When I say stronger physically, I'm talking about having that warm blood pumping feeling inside where things are working closer to normal and not necessarily meaning that I can lift 5 more pounds than I could before. Since PFS started, I would always have this cold, almost limp type feeling in certain areas of my body, especially in the chest area. Best way I can describe is that it felt like low blood flow.

Other than that I did want to call out one specific symptom improving. One of my worst sides over the last few months for me has been dry eyes. I'm not talking about dry eyes you get from wearing contacts and can relieve with drops, I'm talking about PFS dry eyes. Where they are always red inside and around and the feeling of sand particles constantly rubbing against the eyeballs. The frequency and intensity of this seems to be lessening, which I am very excited about.

I have a long way to go don't get me wrong, but my overall point is that I am improving in many areas. I just try to keep my head down and stay focused in the moment each day. I know that I will make it back, but it's just going to take me some time.

I have been steadfast when it comes to the protocol. As I mentioned in my opening, I have a 7 year old daughter, and looking into her eyes each morning is all the motivation that I need.

Just a couple of protocol specifics for me in case anyone should care:
I do take PP Powder, Shilajit, Bacopa, and Lions Mane pretty much on a daily basis and then rotate around 16 others on the list

TubZy had mentioned the niacinamide/caffeine/aspirin stack- I have added this on some days and it does help me mentally. Also Niacinamide has been proven to help in some acne conditions, which is another reason I wanted to try this (I took Fin for an acne condition).

And of course I am following the other aspects of the protocol like diet, exercise, cold showers, vit d/magnesium, mindfullness, etc. etc.

Until next time, take care all.

If you haven't already, add in the breathing exercises. Not only do they help with on going detox, but the full oxygenation of the system takes the WHOLE protocol to the next level.

Congrats on your continued recovery.

Meegs
08-15-2017, 06:10 AM
Hi CD- Thanks for the reply brother. Yes I am incorporating breathing exercises, usually twice a day at minimum. Most of the time I'll focus on this morning and night and sometimes I'll take a break from work middle of the day.

Maxout777
08-15-2017, 07:31 AM
Keep going man. Glad to see you making progress and sticking to it. As always, let me know if I can be of any help.

Meegs
08-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Trying to post a couple of pics to show progress. Let's see if this works. Thanks to PFS, my forearms still look like shriveled up prunes, but I'm gaining strength/muscle back in my upper arms. Not where I used to be by any stretch, but slowly making improvements in this area.

Cdsnuts
08-17-2017, 01:57 PM
Arms are looking pretty jacked man.....

freefl0w
08-18-2017, 02:08 AM
Good job Blindsided bro, you set a goal for me :D