PDA

View Full Version : Water fast

jjbradley2211
06-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Hi All,

New to the site. Don't really want to post my whole story cuz we've all been there but I am a PFS sufferer who has made my symptoms worse using drugs like clomid/Lexapro to attack symptoms. I am here to make positive change in my life and push forward instead of sulking in self defeat.

I just had a question about the water fast. I plan on going to the clinic and trying to do it healthily and maybe they'll have input but my biggest fear is that I am already a pretty small guy (6 foot 155 pounds). Should I maybe try to put on some weight before the water fast? Or is this moot cuz I plan to put it on after?

Thanks for the help!

Maxout777
06-13-2017, 09:37 PM
Hi All,

New to the site. Don't really want to post my whole story cuz we've all been there but I am a PFS sufferer who has made my symptoms worse using drugs like clomid/Lexapro to attack symptoms. I am here to make positive change in my life and push forward instead of sulking in self defeat.

I just had a question about the water fast. I plan on going to the clinic and trying to do it healthily and maybe they'll have input but my biggest fear is that I am already a pretty small guy (6 foot 155 pounds). Should I maybe try to put on some weight before the water fast? Or is this moot cuz I plan to put it on after?

Thanks for the help!

I wouldn't gain weight before the fast - just go through with it. You'll regain your size afterwards. It's not worth putting off to throw on weight that you'll just burn off anyway.

Cdsnuts
06-14-2017, 09:31 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for the help!

You may be surprised. You may be classified in the category called "skinny fat" where by you look skinny but your fat to muscle ratio is skewed more towards fat then it is muscle. You may still have weight to lose even if it doesn't outwardly look like it.

Where are you going to do the fast?

jjbradley2211
06-15-2017, 11:42 AM
True north health center....I live in SF so Santa Rosa isn't too far....I just need to get through this week at work before I can take some time off

Cdsnuts
06-15-2017, 02:49 PM
True north health center....I live in SF so Santa Rosa isn't too far....I just need to get through this week at work before I can take some time off

Good man! How long you fasting for?

jjbradley2211
06-15-2017, 02:51 PM
I'd ideally want to try 2 weeks but due to financial limitations I am going to try to do a 7 day water fast leading into a 7-14 day juice feast

Cdsnuts
06-15-2017, 06:09 PM
I'd ideally want to try 2 weeks but due to financial limitations I am going to try to do a 7 day water fast leading into a 7-14 day juice feast

You're not going to be able to do that there....quite exactly. You're going to have to stay so many days after the fast to "refeed." While they do offer juice FASTING there, you are going to want to FEAST, instead. You may have to pick up the feast once you get home.

jjbradley2211
06-15-2017, 08:09 PM
Yah that's what I was thinking...unfortunately I just can't swing a 14 day water fast cuz of the boarding fee so I'm gonna come home to do the juice feast after 7 days

5 alpha victim
06-18-2017, 05:20 PM
Yah that's what I was thinking...unfortunately I just can't swing a 14 day water fast cuz of the boarding fee so I'm gonna come home to do the juice feast after 7 days
I am trying to follow this so I can understand. I think he's saying that if you only have 7 days to spend at true north than you can't spend the whole 7 days in a water fast because a refeed will be required which also takes place their?

sorry if I have this wrong

also why is it that a juice fast is out of the question? I am assuming you guys are talking about refeeding as this needs to take place with a juice feast opposed to a juice fast?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

jjbradley2211
06-18-2017, 10:22 PM
I am spending 7 days fasting...sounds like they might make me refeed for a day or 2 but after that I'm jumping right into a juice feast

As for the feast vs fast question I don't personally know scientifically enough about the 2 to say why the feast is better but it appears to have yielded positive results and after a week long water fast drinking more juice than less juice sounds more appealing to me anyways

Just trying to stick to the routine as best as I can....ready to move forward with my life :)

Cdsnuts
06-19-2017, 05:43 AM
I am trying to follow this so I can understand. I think he's saying that if you only have 7 days to spend at true north than you can't spend the whole 7 days in a water fast because a refeed will be required which also takes place their?

sorry if I have this wrong

also why is it that a juice fast is out of the question? I am assuming you guys are talking about refeeding as this needs to take place with a juice feast opposed to a juice fast?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

You are correct in the time frame. They will make you stay a few days to refeed after fasting for 7.

You can go right into a juice fast there, but why pay for the time to stay there when you can do it yourself? The juice fast as opposed to a juice feast comes down to the amount of juice you can drink. At true north, when you do a juice fast, you get four, twelve ounce glasses of juice per day plus all the water you can drink....it's like a water fast lite, so to speak. Feasting, you drink as much juice as you want to get through your day so your not sidelined. That you have to do yourself.

So at True north, he is going to have to fast, refeed for maybe two days or so, then go home and start the juice feast.

jacknap
07-31-2017, 09:26 AM
yeah I basically was doing most of the stuff on the protocol intuitively after this happened but I haven't hopped onto water fasting yet. haven't been able to find a clinic and I'm similar stats to this guy 6' 158 pounds.

The general cdnuts fasting protocol for PFSers is 14 day water fast and/or 45 day juice feast correct?

Some things I was thinking about

1. mitch, english, entropy, chi all give kudos to cdnuts for recovery but from my investigation none of them actually did the full protocol fast?

2. on PH cdnuts noted to another guy that if he's already deadlifting/squats/HIIT (which I'm doing) then the fast wouldn't be necessary (this was before cdnuts actually recovered though so I'd imagine his views have changed?)

3. if say I got to a place like truenorth is there a chance they wouldn't let me partake in the 14 day fast cause of the skinnyness? I def have a bit of fat but I'm still relatively cut would be a pain in the ass to spend that money to get turned down but the fact that cdnuts relieved a lot of symptoms from it makes me not want to compromise on this - not sure if juice feast would accomplish the same thing

jjbradley2211
07-31-2017, 11:47 AM
yeah I basically was doing most of the stuff on the protocol intuitively after this happened but I haven't hopped onto water fasting yet. haven't been able to find a clinic and I'm similar stats to this guy 6' 158 pounds.

The general cdnuts fasting protocol for PFSers is 14 day water fast and/or 45 day juice feast correct?

1. mitch, english, entropy, chi all give kudos to cdnuts for recovery but from my investigation none of them actually did the full protocol fast?

2. on PH cdnuts noted to another guy that if he's already deadlifting/squats/HIIT (which I'm doing) then the fast wouldn't be necessary (this was before cdnuts actually recovered though so I'd imagine his views have changed?)

3. if say I got to a place like truenorth is there a chance they wouldn't let me partake in the 14 day fast cause of the skinnyness? I def have a bit of fat but I'm still relatively cut would be a pain in the ass to spend that money to get turned down but the fact that cdnuts relieved a lot of symptoms from it makes me not want to compromise on this - not sure if juice feast would accomplish the same thing

I cant speak to #s 1 and 2 but I was 6 foot 152 and did my fast at true north.

Cdsnuts
07-31-2017, 11:53 AM

Regardless of what anyone else did or didn't do, the fastest way to get yourself back into balance is to cleanse your system prior to starting the protocol.

I recommend a 14 day water fast or a two to three week juice feast depending on finances and ability to take time off work. When it comes to cleansing, the longer, the better.

I can't imagine myself ever saying that about HIIT being comparable to a fast....then again, if it was on PH, I shared everything I did as I was doing it, well before the final protocol ever took shape to what it is now. What is recommended now is a distillation of all of my experiences and research put into the quickest and most effective way to heal. THAT is what should be followed.

They're not going to take your money if they don't think you can tolerate a fast. Most people don't realize how much weight they can actually lose in this regards. A juice feast would accomplish the same thing, but at an easier pace to deal with. That being said, a water fast is the deepest and most effective way to cleanse. The doctors at True North are professionals that have fasted thousands of people. You're in more then good hands going that route.

jacknap
07-31-2017, 01:53 PM
excellent thanks for clarifying CD about your stance and your patience. I can imagine how annoying it is having to repeat yourself a gazillion times. Doing my best to not be redudant :)

the money part was more along the lines of traveling there only to get turned down. just going there would be a cool $1000 for me. But I did send them an application.

Cdsnuts
07-31-2017, 04:07 PM
excellent thanks for clarifying CD about your stance and your patience. I can imagine how annoying it is having to repeat yourself a gazillion times. Doing my best to not be redudant :)

the money part was more along the lines of traveling there only to get turned down. just going there would be a cool $1000 for me. But I did send them an application.

It doesn't work like that. It's a medical office basically. You'll talk to them on the phone and hammer out all of the details prior to making any travel plans.

jacknap
07-31-2017, 06:32 PM
solid man really helps to have a veteran like you help out during this. god bless you seriously.

you probably have made and will make best friends of a lifetime through this.

yeah I'm looking forward to learning more about fasting as I rev up and make the decision to either water fast or juice feast.

I have the weird head pressure that you had and I haven't found anyone else claim they had it and you said that you got rid of it from water fasting - so even though I'm leaning towards the juice feast - I feel I really need the water fast.

Anyone know of one in Toronto? That's my current location. Seems truenorth is the only legit one.