PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Before Juice Feast

Master Mal
06-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Alright boys, the the time has come.

I'm totally off my anti-depressents and ready to feast. I've been doing some reading on the subject and have seen opinions ranging from this being ridiculous to "hey, couldn't hurt." But I'm putting my faith in the protocol, so I'm all in.

I have a juicer, and I've made the following recipe which I plan to use again here:

Spinach
Kale
Cucumber
Celery
Green apple
Lemon

I have a few questions with that in mind:

1. Are there any other veggies or fruits I should be using?

2. I'm thinking of adding some salt to the mix to keep my electrolytes up. Does that sound alright?

3. I have a job with long hours and a fair bit of driving. There's simply no way I can take time off, but I'm prepared to rough it out. Any tips for surviving in the workplace?

4. Is unsweetned almond milk okay? Just curious.

If anyone has any other advice, please feel free to impart. I am all ears!

K8668B
06-20-2017, 03:39 PM
With the greens, i usually just threw everything in at once. As listed on http://www.totalmaleoptimaztion.com . (the greens drink) But one of my favorites is watermelon mixed with celery. This is so easy to make and one of the faster ones. It strains quicker too. (when using the nutmilk bag).

After day 2 or day 3, it should all get alot easier. I would prepare my drinks for work the day or night before. I would bring 3 drinks to work with me. (each drink is a quart, and i would use mason quart jars.) I picked some up at ace hardware.

As long as your job isnt too physical, then you should be fine. My job is fairly physical, but i didnt give a shit. Got used to it after awhile. My 2nd juice feast has been alot different than my first, where it didnt even feel like im fasting.

Im not sure about the salt and unsweetened almond milk. I just went with (and still am), pure juice and water, nothing more! I would say just go with juice and water. Nothing more

Your recipe looks pretty good to me though!

Master Mal
06-21-2017, 04:09 PM
With the greens, i usually just threw everything in at once. As listed on http://www.totalmaleoptimaztion.com . (the greens drink) But one of my favorites is watermelon mixed with celery. This is so easy to make and one of the faster ones. It strains quicker too. (when using the nutmilk bag).

After day 2 or day 3, it should all get alot easier. I would prepare my drinks for work the day or night before. I would bring 3 drinks to work with me. (each drink is a quart, and i would use mason quart jars.) I picked some up at ace hardware.

As long as your job isnt too physical, then you should be fine. My job is fairly physical, but i didnt give a shit. Got used to it after awhile. My 2nd juice feast has been alot different than my first, where it didnt even feel like im fasting.

Im not sure about the salt and unsweetened almond milk. I just went with (and still am), pure juice and water, nothing more! I would say just go with juice and water. Nothing more

Your recipe looks pretty good to me though!

Thanks for the help, K8! Just out of curiosity, did you have trouble driving? I'm a little worried about doing that during a feast with it being so hot out. However, I will be drinking quite a bit...

K8668B
06-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the help, K8! Just out of curiosity, did you have trouble driving? I'm a little worried about doing that during a feast with it being so hot out. However, I will be drinking quite a bit...

It did not affect my driving whatsoever.