PDA

View Full Version : My experience with PFS and how I'm beating it

Ridd
06-22-2017, 08:44 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community and offer what I have learned from this challenge so far. We all have a lot of knowledge on this thing, and I know someone can benefit from reading this, but a lot of you will probably know everything I'm going to say. It's the attitude that this forum has towards beating PFS that attracted me here, so thank you for the support and knowledge that many of you have provided me with, I feel like I know some of you personally, but I haven't been able to engage in the community yet because this websites functionality is a huge piece of shit. sorry mods. I have been lurking here (trying to chat for literally months) since february 2017 after my second crash from saw palmetto had me ready to end things. I've been following the info laid out for us by the big community players, and I'm thankful for each and every one of you contributing to make this into something that is much needed for men in our situation.

Notable sides-

hardcore depression
hardcore ED/reduced sex drive
brain fog
random health issues, incredibly easy to "lose balance" and feel like shit at any given time. (hypoglycemic, extreme sensitivities to stressors etc)
lots of other random stuff but the depression and reduced libido and definitely the worst.

I am a saw palmetto sufferer and I think I was particularly vulnerable to sides after taking accutane as a kid, which many know, may cause similar symptoms because of a similar mechanism of action. I was only on SP for about a month, but I was on a high dose, and my body was stressed out for years before finally crashing.
I took my first dose around september of 2016 at 23, crashed in october, made a decent recovery to about 85%, and then crashed hard in february after stressing out my body. I was unable to sleep for 4 days, bedridden, incredibly depressed, experienced the typical "walking dead" and very seriously considered ending it.

Now, on my good days, I'll be between 85-95% recovered, but as soon as my balance goes out of whack things quickly get bad. It's amazing how sensitive I am to any stress, I believe my adrenal glands are/were completely fucked as my symptoms seem to agree with that. I currently want to get my sexual health back and be able to not be a slave to this lifestyle eventually; however, for now, anyone dealing with what we are dealing with must follow the protocol that is laid out before us. You may make tweaks to fit what your body is telling you, but the basics are all here for us.

I've noticed that when do you have bad days and you don't actually have a full crash, if you end up pushing through that and continue the regiment, you hit an even higher upswing. It's easy to get tripped up on your bad days, but we all must push through that to get ever so slightly better each time it happens. mental health is just as important as our physical and physiological health here.

This syndrome is pretty fucked, but I'm confident we can all come out of it better men in the end if we continue working at it and stay in the right head space, which this community will help foster. No one else understands this thing like we do and we should all feel an obligation to help each other out as much as we can, especially because of how little support and awareness surrounds this issue. we are all we have here. This community is virtually the only positive PFS forum, and we must keep it that way and focus on recovery rather than the syndrome itself.

Good luck brothers.

Ridd
07-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Boner Report and a couple questions

Boners have been good for a while, I was able to get decent erections in the morning and get fully hard again like the old days when the situation is right. Hope this is inspiring for some of you. Never in my life did I think I'd be telling a bunch of other grown men about how my dick should be inspiring.

Anyways... this weekend, I was at a party and ended up hooking up with a girl I met there. things were going great, she was hot as hell and we were all over each other all night.

Problems arose after my body was telling me it's bed time. I could feel the weight of getting out of balance and even though I've been super horny lately and my erection quality has been good, as soon as I stayed up too late, it was a complete boner killer even though I was super into this girl. fucking sucks.

question for those who can shed some light:

Would your erections greatly suffer after stressors like this?
I have a feeling that because we were all over each other all night, I may have sort of desensitized my dick to her by the time we got down to it. She was a legit 8/10 and I'm fucking bummed my dick wasn't cooperating like earlier this week. we had pretty mediocre sex eventually.

What do you guys tell people when you have to mention your "health issues?"

One more thing to ask: after a particularly stressful day where I feel a crash could occur if I wasn't careful, I notice that my body will only sleep a few hours at a time. Happens every time I'm compromised. Any explanation for this?

K8668B
07-22-2017, 07:21 PM
Your posts are very down to earth, relatable, and very motivating!

My opinion... if you're forced to tell a girl about your situation, ( like if you have sex with her, and end up having a sexual failure, cause of what pfs has done to you), just tell her you have PFS, and what it is, and what drug caused it. Tell her you are working on it literally as we speak, and that you have the remedy in your hands, and it doesnt matter right now, because you will heal, and that you will bang her brains out when healed, and be the best she ever had!

Im dead ass serious! Lol. And its the truth too!

Ridd
07-22-2017, 08:28 PM
Your posts are very down to earth, relatable, and very motivating!

My opinion... if you're forced to tell a girl about your situation, ( like if you have sex with her, and end up having a sexual failure, cause of what pfs has done to you), just tell her you have PFS, and what it is, and what drug caused it. Tell her you are working on it literally as we speak, and that you have the remedy in your hands, and it doesnt matter right now, because you will heal, and that you will bang her brains out when healed, and be the best she ever had!

Im dead ass serious! Lol. And its the truth too!

thanks KB,

that's essentially what I said, but I've found it's just something people can't really relate to and people don't really get it because it's not something that anyone actually knows about, so I usually say I have adrenal issues, which is true, but not the whole story. my adrenals are fucked so I have to eat this live like a monk and sometimes I have no sex drive.

man, we really gotta spread the word on PFS, as embarrassing and terrible as it is, I kinda feel obligated to share my experience with people. sharing it right now when I'm in the middle of it seems kinda terrifying, but it causes me a lot of discomfort not really having a good answer to why I am doing these seemingly crazy things even though I'm a completely healthy guy in appearance. I sort of want to wait until I feel recovered just because of how personal it is, but going through this thing mostly alone and without anyone, including professionals, having a clue what's going on, just makes this way more difficult. whenever I have talked with people about it, especially doctors, they think it's just in my head. really having support for this thing is something I don't think any of us get enough of.

we should start a monastery where we can just zen the fuck out and recover together so we can all keep each other in check and really focus on getting better without all the potential setbacks that are around us in our normal day-to-days.

one day...

Sploicers
07-23-2017, 07:01 AM
To be devils advocate here, just tell her you took a drug and got a crazy side reaction where it nuked your hormones. Tell her you are recovering but it could take months.

Don't bother telling her specifically its PFS. Thats only going to make her look it up and land her on PropeciaHelp with all the guys that are weak and talking about how they cant get rid of it. She wont like seeing that (and who does, those guys are weak and will continue to suffer because of it).

Most people just wont be able to relate to PFS. Especially girls. So just give her the more medical jargon. Works for me at least.

K8668B
07-23-2017, 08:16 PM
Well i know exactly what you mean when you say all of this... ive probably been through a shit load of women... not one of them has ever understood it, and i know the drill with the doctors just as much as the next guy does. I know how alone we are in this. It took me 10 years to find a place like this. I just dont give a fuck anymore. I have become empowered now. It is ME, and ONLY ME, who is going to get myself out of this. And it is YOU and ONLY YOU who will get YOU out of this!

Thats why im not even bothering dating nowadays. A few girls lately, actually alot... more than even BEFORE... seem to have taken a liking to me lately.. probably due to all the positive changes in my life ive been making, and my newfound positive attitude. But i keep it at a distance, due to what i know, and past experiences. But honestly, im starting to care even less. When i reach a high enough baseline, where i feel good enough, i might get intimate with one. Or even as is right now.. if i get comfortable enough, i might do it.

But i dont care... it has empowered me. If i DO end up in a situation with a girl, i would just tell her what i told you. In the end, it is YOU who is going to heal, and it is YOU who is going to be the man. And if a girl doesnt understand, then the hell with her anyway!

Who cares what a girl thinks. Or what anyone thinks. If she looks at propeciahelp, then thats her problem. We are not "those guys". We are here, and we are all about positivity, and we truly believe and know we will heal!

Fuck it bro, just DO YOU! It's all on you. You are the only person you see in the mirror at the end of the day.

Honestly, all the women i know in my life recently, strangely, i think they are actually getting TURNED ON by all the crazy shit ive been doing recently, that is this protocol! Women love a disciplined man!

Ridd
07-24-2017, 10:38 AM
To be devils advocate here, just tell her you took a drug and got a crazy side reaction where it nuked your hormones. Tell her you are recovering but it could take months.

Don't bother telling her specifically its PFS. Thats only going to make her look it up and land her on PropeciaHelp with all the guys that are weak and talking about how they cant get rid of it. She wont like seeing that (and who does, those guys are weak and will continue to suffer because of it).

Most people just wont be able to relate to PFS. Especially girls. So just give her the more medical jargon. Works for me at least.

true. I honestly think propeciahelp is setting back progress on PFS considering that a lot of professionals will just think we're nuts when these guys go looking for help and have terrible mental health, which makes doctors think it's a mental issue over a physiological issues.

Well i know exactly what you mean when you say all of this... ive probably been through a shit load of women... not one of them has ever understood it, and i know the drill with the doctors just as much as the next guy does. I know how alone we are in this. It took me 10 years to find a place like this. I just dont give a fuck anymore. I have become empowered now. It is ME, and ONLY ME, who is going to get myself out of this. And it is YOU and ONLY YOU who will get YOU out of this!

Thats why im not even bothering dating nowadays. A few girls lately, actually alot... more than even BEFORE... seem to have taken a liking to me lately.. probably due to all the positive changes in my life ive been making, and my newfound positive attitude. But i keep it at a distance, due to what i know, and past experiences. But honestly, im starting to care even less. When i reach a high enough baseline, where i feel good enough, i might get intimate with one. Or even as is right now.. if i get comfortable enough, i might do it.

But i dont care... it has empowered me. If i DO end up in a situation with a girl, i would just tell her what i told you. In the end, it is YOU who is going to heal, and it is YOU who is going to be the man. And if a girl doesnt understand, then the hell with her anyway!

Who cares what a girl thinks. Or what anyone thinks. If she looks at propeciahelp, then thats her problem. We are not "those guys". We are here, and we are all about positivity, and we truly believe and know we will heal!

Fuck it bro, just DO YOU! It's all on you. You are the only person you see in the mirror at the end of the day.

Honestly, all the women i know in my life recently, strangely, i think they are actually getting TURNED ON by all the crazy shit ive been doing recently, that is this protocol! Women love a disciplined man!

yeah that's the irony in all this, a lot of us are in or will be in the best shape in our lives, physically and mentally, but still wont have much of a sex drive.

it's kinda funny when you consider that we're doing this mostly to have a healthy sex life, but for the first time in most of our lives, we're not burdened by constantly wanting to fuck everything with a couple tits and legs. we probably have the most control over our lives right now. our lives are just very challenging in the face of social norms, but really, I think we have the potential to be just as happy as ever right now if we're able to frame the situation right in our minds.

Cdsnuts
07-24-2017, 04:01 PM
I understand that the forum isn't the best "functionally speaking" but there's no need to call it a piece of shit....really. This piece of shit is helping a ton of guys, so perhaps you can just keep that to yourself. You know, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything, or send the admin a message. Not the best way to approach it by any means. You want the place to keep the positive energy that it has, the positive energy that drew you here, then be that positive energy. It's counter productive to say how great the energy is in this place by blasting it with negative energy. Ridiculous, actually.

I know what you're trying to say about the whole monastery thing, but that gives power to the issue that it shouldn't have. You are your own monastery. YOU are the eye of the storm. Where ever you go, there you are. There is no need for a place like that when you should create that place in your life....I know you understand what I'm saying because I've read some of your other posts.

BE what you want.

Ridd
07-24-2017, 05:15 PM
I understand that the forum isn't the best "functionally speaking" but there's no need to call it a piece of shit....really. This piece of shit is helping a ton of guys, so perhaps you can just keep that to yourself. You know, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything, or send the admin a message. Not the best way to approach it by any means. You want the place to keep the positive energy that it has, the positive energy that drew you here, then be that positive energy. It's counter productive to say how great the energy is in this place by blasting it with negative energy. Ridiculous, actually.

I know what you're trying to say about the whole monastery thing, but that gives power to the issue that it shouldn't have. You are your own monastery. YOU are the eye of the storm. Where ever you go, there you are. There is no need for a place like that when you should create that place in your life....I know you understand what I'm saying because I've read some of your other posts.

BE what you want.

I understand the sentiment CD, and I'm sorry for offending you.

I'm a pretty computer savvy guy, and I had so much trouble actually getting this forum to work properly, imagine the avg person who would just give up. I messaged both you and the admin MULTIPLE TIMES without any resolve or even a personal message from the admins. I'm happy you sent me a msg saying you couldn't do anything and that the admins were gone (lol) but to me it shows that the people who run this site haven't prioritized making it function optimally. I registered back in february, 5 MONTHS before I actually got an account here that worked properly. my 3rd or 4th account after sending many messages about how I'm desperately trying to get access to this forum and NOTHING.

I have sent messages about how upset I was to the admins, and what they need to fix. Nothing. No response. It's very clear to me that they simply don't care. It is negative CD, and I understand you are a mod and have to protect their reputation or whatever, but dude, I've only experienced negative from this website's architects, what can I do at this point so that others aren't in my situation? I have done everything you have said, I have been private and civil through my frustration, and I have been completely ignored without even the decency of a personal message, just automated ones.

This isn't a matter of me being negative for no reason, I'm an incredibly positive person. but without any other options left, I cannot feel good about my experience getting this forum to work properly, especially after the carelessness that was apparent from the interactions I had, and I feel they deserve to know that there are many things, not just including the registration process, that need fixing here. These people need to know that their architecture is massively flawed, and I have tried to let them know that without any sort of response or acknowledgement.

I appreciate this forum for all of the people here and the work that has been done by people like you to make this a great place; this isn't about that. It's simply about the priorities of the architects of this website. I think someone needs to tell them, and if they wont take in what I say, I find it hard for me to sugarcoat it. They need a wake up call.

No intention of being offensive CD, to you or the admins here, although it's incredibly frustrating. I wouldn't type this out unless it was a legitimate issue that I think needs resolving. I want this website to do well and it simply wont with the priorities that are currently given. It pains me to imagine anyone else being denied access to this website for 5 fucking months because of carelessness. I really needed this earlier and it put me down hard when I couldn't get any support when I was where I was 5 months ago. I actually messaged you back then because it was all I could do.

And you're right about the being your own storm thing. I guess I would just find it convenient to ship off somewhere without the distractions that make recovery more difficult for us. I guess this is our temple, which is why I love this place and genuinely want it to do well.

K8668B
07-24-2017, 07:38 PM
true. I honestly think propeciahelp is setting back progress on PFS considering that a lot of professionals will just think we're nuts when these guys go looking for help and have terrible mental health, which makes doctors think it's a mental issue over a physiological issues.

yeah that's the irony in all this, a lot of us are in or will be in the best shape in our lives, physically and mentally, but still wont have much of a sex drive.

it's kinda funny when you consider that we're doing this mostly to have a healthy sex life, but for the first time in most of our lives, we're not burdened by constantly wanting to fuck everything with a couple tits and legs. we probably have the most control over our lives right now. our lives are just very challenging in the face of social norms, but really, I think we have the potential to be just as happy as ever right now if we're able to frame the situation right in our minds.

Wrong!!--- We WILL have 100% sex drive. Maybe even 200%. I will do everything in my power to do so. Id say ive already come a long ways. And i hope the same for you as well.

Cdsnuts
07-25-2017, 05:01 PM
I understand the sentiment CD, and I'm sorry for offending you.

I'm a pretty computer savvy guy, and I had so much trouble actually getting this forum to work properly, imagine the avg person who would just give up. I messaged both you and the admin MULTIPLE TIMES without any resolve or even a personal message from the admins. I'm happy you sent me a msg saying you couldn't do anything and that the admins were gone (lol) but to me it shows that the people who run this site haven't prioritized making it function optimally. I registered back in february, 5 MONTHS before I actually got an account here that worked properly. my 3rd or 4th account after sending many messages about how I'm desperately trying to get access to this forum and NOTHING.

I have sent messages about how upset I was to the admins, and what they need to fix. Nothing. No response. It's very clear to me that they simply don't care. It is negative CD, and I understand you are a mod and have to protect their reputation or whatever, but dude, I've only experienced negative from this website's architects, what can I do at this point so that others aren't in my situation? I have done everything you have said, I have been private and civil through my frustration, and I have been completely ignored without even the decency of a personal message, just automated ones.

This isn't a matter of me being negative for no reason, I'm an incredibly positive person. but without any other options left, I cannot feel good about my experience getting this forum to work properly, especially after the carelessness that was apparent from the interactions I had, and I feel they deserve to know that there are many things, not just including the registration process, that need fixing here. These people need to know that their architecture is massively flawed, and I have tried to let them know that without any sort of response or acknowledgement.

I appreciate this forum for all of the people here and the work that has been done by people like you to make this a great place; this isn't about that. It's simply about the priorities of the architects of this website. I think someone needs to tell them, and if they wont take in what I say, I find it hard for me to sugarcoat it. They need a wake up call.

No intention of being offensive CD, to you or the admins here, although it's incredibly frustrating. I wouldn't type this out unless it was a legitimate issue that I think needs resolving. I want this website to do well and it simply wont with the priorities that are currently given. It pains me to imagine anyone else being denied access to this website for 5 fucking months because of carelessness. I really needed this earlier and it put me down hard when I couldn't get any support when I was where I was 5 months ago. I actually messaged you back then because it was all I could do.

And you're right about the being your own storm thing. I guess I would just find it convenient to ship off somewhere without the distractions that make recovery more difficult for us. I guess this is our temple, which is why I love this place and genuinely want it to do well.

I'm not protecting anything at all. That part is out of my hands. My point is, you either let things effect you, or you don't. It all starts with YOU. You had access to the website which is all you need to succeed. (My website, not this forum.)

This board is NOT a propecia board and the last thing the admin is worried about is how you're feeling. He's an extremely busy guy and it is what it is. We are lucky that we have this place regardless. At any moment he can decide that this is not the direction he want's this forum to go in, and that's it....it's done. Appreciate it while it's here.

I take no offense at all as I don't take anything personally. You shouldn't either.

My point is to publicly call it a piece of shit is not a good look.