PDA

View Full Version : Lysine for GABA

TubZy
07-01-2017, 09:16 AM
I have been using 3-4 grams of lysine per day, usually 1-1.5 grams with meals and I notice a nice calming, anti depressant, clear headed effect from it. It appears it effects the GABA receptor and also lowers serotonin, which are both beneficial. Worth a try if you need a boost, very cheap too and can increase the potency of other compounds that modulate the GABA receptor, something interesting would be taking lysine+ R-ando (androsterone) at the same time.

Since lysine lowers serotonin in the brain it will also help increase 5AR in the brain as well. It will also increase dopamine.

L-lysine is a barbiturate-like anticonvulsant and modulator of the benzodiazepine receptor. - PubMed - NCBI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8587651)

The above results suggest that L-lysine and pentobarbital acted at the same site of the GABA/benzodiazepine receptor complex which was different from the GABA binding site.

Durantia37
07-02-2017, 12:52 PM
I'll be trying this starting today, thanks for the tip.

Durantia37
07-02-2017, 11:02 PM
I noticed pretty much exactly what you said. I took 1g with each meal today and noticed a very small mental boost. Nothing life-changing, but enough to make this part of my daily routine. Thanks again.