PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Herb(s) Question

Ridd
07-05-2017, 10:53 AM
I've seen it being recommended on how to cycle multiple herbs, but I haven't seen any good info on cycling just one or two herbs.

I've been using a couple tablespoons of pine pollen powder every day for the last 5-6 weeks and I've had some amazing results that are starting to taper off.

Physically and mentally I feel at about 95%, 100% if I get my lifestyle perfect. I actually feel better than pre-sp just because I didn't notice how shitty I felt all the time, but I'd say I'm close to baseline physically/mentally/emotionally but sexually I still hover around 70-90% (closer to 90 the last month and a half due to ppp.)

Usually i'll wake up with solid morning wood and be able to pop a stiffy any time of day, but that's tapering off and my libido is lowering, boners still in good shape though.

Just curious how I could cycle ppp to properly get the most out of it. I have some tribulus on the way that I will do the same with if it is recommended.

Honeslty, if I can get just a couple herbs in rotation that gets my libido up a bit more than I would be at 95% recovered, which may be as good as it gets for a while. I'm hesitatant to stick a bunch of supps down my throat just yet and I'd much rather see what works and take it slow.

Thanks.

By the way, throw your pine pollen powder in some applesauce and that shit is delicious. (and way easier than any other way I've seen.)

jjbradley2211
07-05-2017, 01:10 PM
I've seen it being recommended on how to cycle multiple herbs, but I haven't seen any good info on cycling just one or two herbs.

I've been using a couple tablespoons of pine pollen powder every day for the last 5-6 weeks and I've had some amazing results that are starting to taper off.

Physically and mentally I feel at about 95%, 100% if I get my lifestyle perfect. I actually feel better than pre-sp just because I didn't notice how shitty I felt all the time, but I'd say I'm close to baseline physically/mentally/emotionally but sexually I still hover around 70-90% (closer to 90 the last month and a half due to ppp.)

Usually i'll wake up with solid morning wood and be able to pop a stiffy any time of day, but that's tapering off and my libido is lowering, boners still in good shape though.

Just curious how I could cycle ppp to properly get the most out of it. I have some tribulus on the way that I will do the same with if it is recommended.

Honeslty, if I can get just a couple herbs in rotation that gets my libido up a bit more than I would be at 95% recovered, which may be as good as it gets for a while. I'm hesitatant to stick a bunch of supps down my throat just yet and I'd much rather see what works and take it slow.

Thanks.

By the way, throw your pine pollen powder in some applesauce and that shit is delicious. (and way easier than any other way I've seen.)

You don't cycle with one or two herbs. CD's protocol recommends up to 20 if it is possible for you as with PFS we adapt to treatments quickly. The herb cycling stops us from building a tolerance to any one given herb.

Testosterone Boosting Supplement Rotation | Total Male Optimization (http://www.totalmaleoptimization.com/testosterone-boosting-supplement-rotation/)

Swill
07-05-2017, 01:48 PM
but it is fine to take the pine pollen powder daily, as it is not directly hormonal. It just helps you in a load of ways that make your hormones better. Think of it as a super multi-vitamin.

Ridd
07-05-2017, 03:03 PM
You don't cycle with one or two herbs. CD's protocol recommends up to 20 if it is possible for you as with PFS we adapt to treatments quickly. The herb cycling stops us from building a tolerance to any one given herb.

Testosterone Boosting Supplement Rotation | Total Male Optimization (http://www.totalmaleoptimization.com/testosterone-boosting-supplement-rotation/)

I understand what CD's protocol recommends, but more importantly, I understand what my body needs. I don't want to introduce 20 herbs at once, as that is a sure fire way to crash myself, as I have done before. I want to slowly cycle things that work for me, if I can heal with just a few herbs that work I would rather do that.

I am interested if anyone has insight on how to keep up the potency of our herbs, maybe rotating herbs every week instead of every day, for example. Any experience with this?

Ridd
07-05-2017, 03:06 PM
but it is fine to take the pine pollen powder daily, as it is not directly hormonal. It just helps you in a load of ways that make your hormones better. Think of it as a super multi-vitamin.

definitely, however, I noticed strong erections for the last 5-6 weeks as I have used ppp, but now that my tolerance is up, I want to reduce my tolerance by cycling it, while adding in another herb. do you think alternating ppp and tribulus weekly (1 herb each week) would be an effective way to cycle less herbs while keeping tolerance low?

Durantia37
07-05-2017, 04:11 PM
I understand what CD's protocol recommends, but more importantly, I understand what my body needs. I don't want to introduce 20 herbs at once, as that is a sure fire way to crash myself, as I have done before. I want to slowly cycle things that work for me, if I can heal with just a few herbs that work I would rather do that.

I am interested if anyone has insight on how to keep up the potency of our herbs, maybe rotating herbs every week instead of every day, for example. Any experience with this?

Which herbs are you worried about? No effing way an adaptogen is going to crash you.

Ridd
07-05-2017, 04:29 PM
You do realize a lot of us are here because we took a herb right.... remember our friend saw palmetto which I've seen PFSers recommend to other people before? sp is why I'm here, after all. I have a healthy level of caution, to say the least.

I had a bad reaction to both horny goat weed and chinese ginseng when I was just getting started as well, but that's because I was still compromised.

Durantia37
07-05-2017, 06:04 PM
You do realize a lot of us are here because we took a herb right.... remember our friend saw palmetto which I've seen PFSers recommend to other people before? sp is why I'm here, after all. I have a healthy level of caution, to say the least.

I had a bad reaction to both horny goat weed and chinese ginseng when I was just getting started as well, but that's because I was still compromised.

I'm here because of Saw Palmetto too, which isn't an adaptogen. Neither is Horny Goat Weed. I'm talking Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Schisandra, Mucuna, Cordyceps. These will definitely, definitely not crash you. But do what you want.

jjbradley2211
07-05-2017, 06:11 PM

I'm not a scientist but wouldn't using one herb more consistently give you a much higher chance of crashing? You wouldn't feel the sides of any herb enough to experience a crash while rotating

Either way good luck to you brother.

Cdsnuts
07-05-2017, 06:29 PM
definitely, however, I noticed strong erections for the last 5-6 weeks as I have used ppp, but now that my tolerance is up, I want to reduce my tolerance by cycling it, while adding in another herb. do you think alternating ppp and tribulus weekly (1 herb each week) would be an effective way to cycle less herbs while keeping tolerance low?

Not to be a dick, but if you understand what your body needs, why are you asking us?

The best way to cycle herbs, is to take it exactly as outlined. That is why it's outlined the way it is. The less you take it, the better the punch and the lower the tolerance issues. Pine pollen can be taken daily as it's more of a food then an herb, per se. Tribulus, not so much.

I understand being cautious, but this has ALL been vetted for your my friend. The herbs on the list are only going to help you, not hurt you.

If you only want to cycle two herbs, then you're only going to be able to get away with taking it once or twice per week.....MAX, but even that is not optimal.

You're trying to reinvent the wheel needlessly.

Here is a suggestion if you're gun shy (which you shouldn't be about any of this protocol, but I digress) then take your pine pollen daily, take your tribulus and then pick another herb to add in to your rotation. Take tribulus one day, wait two days, then take the other herb of choice, wait another two days, then go back to the tribulus. Again, this is FAR from optimal.

What you're asking cannot yield the best results.

From what it sounds like, you're super close to being healed. Do you realize how you would feel if you just did a simple 7 seven day herb cycling regimen along with everything else that is recommended? You would feel amazing and be done with this in a matter of months if what you're saying about your condition is true.

If you want to go slow, then just add in one new herb every other week or so while maintaining very strict dosing routines. Slowly build your list.

Ridd
07-06-2017, 04:08 PM
Not to be a dick, but if you understand what your body needs, why are you asking us?

The best way to cycle herbs, is to take it exactly as outlined. That is why it's outlined the way it is. The less you take it, the better the punch and the lower the tolerance issues. Pine pollen can be taken daily as it's more of a food then an herb, per se. Tribulus, not so much.

I understand being cautious, but this has ALL been vetted for your my friend. The herbs on the list are only going to help you, not hurt you.

If you only want to cycle two herbs, then you're only going to be able to get away with taking it once or twice per week.....MAX, but even that is not optimal.

You're trying to reinvent the wheel needlessly.

Here is a suggestion if you're gun shy (which you shouldn't be about any of this protocol, but I digress) then take your pine pollen daily, take your tribulus and then pick another herb to add in to your rotation. Take tribulus one day, wait two days, then take the other herb of choice, wait another two days, then go back to the tribulus. Again, this is FAR from optimal.

What you're asking cannot yield the best results.

From what it sounds like, you're super close to being healed. Do you realize how you would feel if you just did a simple 7 seven day herb cycling regimen along with everything else that is recommended? You would feel amazing and be done with this in a matter of months if what you're saying about your condition is true.

If you want to go slow, then just add in one new herb every other week or so while maintaining very strict dosing routines. Slowly build your list.

appreciate the advice.

and all I'm looking for here is just that- advice.

I'm probably being overly cautious, but it's something that I'd feel more comfortable talking about then just going for. I got a nice little 7 day cycle that I'll be hopping on starting tomorrow. I've seen such great results with just a few herbs that I don't know if I'll need the full 21, and ideally, I would like to not be reliant on these herbs at all.

I think we're all after that, just being normal again without having to rely on a bunch of shit, if I can get away with putting less stuff on my body then I would prefer that.

but I'll definitely build upon this list if the 7 day cycle starts losing efficacy.

Ridd
07-06-2017, 04:12 PM
from my experience, introducing a bunch of random stuff to my system has crashed me before, and I've read of many people experiencing something similar, especially when messing with testosterone boosting herbs. but I'm definitely scarred after my first experience.

appreciate it.

Cdsnuts
07-06-2017, 05:54 PM
appreciate the advice.

and all I'm looking for here is just that- advice.

I'm probably being overly cautious, but it's something that I'd feel more comfortable talking about then just going for. I got a nice little 7 day cycle that I'll be hopping on starting tomorrow. I've seen such great results with just a few herbs that I don't know if I'll need the full 21, and ideally, I would like to not be reliant on these herbs at all.

I think we're all after that, just being normal again without having to rely on a bunch of shit, if I can get away with putting less stuff on my body then I would prefer that.

but I'll definitely build upon this list if the 7 day cycle starts losing efficacy.
Here's the thing rid... You don't end up relying on or needing the herbs. As you continue to take them and build your system up from the inside you'll actually start needing them less and less as you bring your body into its new homeostasis. Especially if you're doing everything else included in the protocol.

I don't take many of them anymore simply because they're too strong on the hormonal front. Tongkat, Tribulus and pine pollen tincture to name a few.

I focus more on adaptogens these days because of the effects they elicit.

I know what you're thinking but you're thinking is flawed in this regards which is what I want you to realize.

The more you add to your list in the early stages the quicker you build yourself up and the quicker you can stop taking them if that is what your goal is.

That's the beauty of this. It's not like Pharmaceuticals where by taking them all of the time you come to need them. It is the exact opposite.

I understand your thought process and wanting to use as few things as possible but you will heal that much quicker by having a bigger variety to rotate.

If I take any of the ones I mentioned before I literally cannot think of anything but sex all day and it is quite distracting. Almost more distracting than the Raging boner that I'd have in my shorts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ridd
07-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Here's the thing rid... You don't end up relying on or needing the herbs. As you continue to take them and build your system up from the inside you'll actually start needing them less and less as you bring your body into its new homeostasis. Especially if you're doing everything else included in the protocol.

I don't take many of them anymore simply because they're too strong on the hormonal front. Tongkat, Tribulus and pine pollen tincture to name a few.

I focus more on adaptogens these days because of the effects they elicit.

I know what you're thinking but you're thinking is flawed in this regards which is what I want you to realize.

The more you add to your list in the early stages the quicker you build yourself up and the quicker you can stop taking them if that is what your goal is.

That's the beauty of this. It's not like Pharmaceuticals where by taking them all of the time you come to need them. It is the exact opposite.

I understand your thought process and wanting to use as few things as possible but you will heal that much quicker by having a bigger variety to rotate.

If I take any of the ones I mentioned before I literally cannot think of anything but sex all day and it is quite distracting. Almost more distracting than the Raging boner that I'd have in my shorts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ok CD, thanks for the reassurance. I'll trust you and get the rest of the herbs as soon as I can. appreciate it.