PDA

View Full Version : Curious on Everyone's thoughts regarding PFS and depression

Ridd
07-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Many studies have linked depression and PFS strongly to one another and I'm pretty sure we all have experienced depression biologically and emotionally from our reaction to 5AR inhibitors. Anecdotally, I've read many doctors and "nonbelievers" think that PFS is just very aggressive depression.

Either way, there is a lot of correlation here. I've dealt with depression from a young age, before I was even a teen, and PFS has definitely not helped, however I now feel like I have solved a piece of my health related puzzle that has been troubling me for years. I've dealt with feeling generally shitty for most of my life, but I've just pushed through it. I really believe that a lot of my depression and energy related health problems might be due to something biological that we all may similarly have going on.

So what's your experience with depression? was anyone here legitimately completely healthy, mind and body, before getting PFS? Do you feel like you've been "out of balance" so to speak, for a lot of your life and something like fin or sp just pushed you over the edge?

Durantia37
07-08-2017, 10:17 PM
I think PFS happens when a system that was very delicate or unhealthy in some way(s) experiences androgen deprivation for an acute or extended period of time. I also think having a metabolism/body/nervous system that's especially sensitive to drugs/herbs plays a role.

Personally, I've had plenty of depression, definitely more than the people I've known, but I don't think this was much of a factor. I had a series of stressful events happen (break-up, arrest, bad shroom trip) within a couple months right before taking saw palmetto. I'd also been getting really bad sleep for like two years and had increasingly bad adrenal fatigue symptoms. I was definitely primed for some kind of crash.

Not that it really matters why it happened.

Hulk Smash
07-09-2017, 10:25 AM
I was 100% healthy before all this. No history of depression or illness. My only moment of being somewhat depressed was a bad break up many years before this mess. But that depression greatly pales in comparison to what I experienced going through this b.s.

Only "illness"I had was severe pollen and minor shellfish allergies.

From all I've read and my own experience, I'm willing to bet anyone taking a 5ar inhibitor experiences some degree of pfs. Some side effects are so minor it gets swept under the rug.
The research (if ever disclosed honestly) will show this.

Swill
07-09-2017, 11:03 AM
I was 100% healthy and happy prior to PFS also.

Ridd
07-09-2017, 12:00 PM
I think PFS happens when a system that was very delicate or unhealthy in some way(s) experiences androgen deprivation for an acute or extended period of time. I also think having a metabolism/body/nervous system that's especially sensitive to drugs/herbs plays a role.

Personally, I've had plenty of depression, definitely more than the people I've known, but I don't think this was much of a factor. I had a series of stressful events happen (break-up, arrest, bad shroom trip) within a couple months right before taking saw palmetto. I'd also been getting really bad sleep for like two years and had increasingly bad adrenal fatigue symptoms. I was definitely primed for some kind of crash.

Not that it really matters why it happened.

how long until you started experiencing PFS after first taking sp?

I think it's important to figure out why it happened, this thing is still largely a mystery, even if we understand the basics.

Ridd
07-09-2017, 12:02 PM
I was 100% healthy and happy prior to PFS also.

gotcha, how long were you on fin before crashing?

CannonBalls
07-09-2017, 12:19 PM
I was also 100% happy. Had/have a great relationship with fiancé who moved in a little before I crashed, great workouts, stress free work environment. Everything was good. My body was a little beat up from X-fit but was still in the best shape of my life.

Took SP for about 8 months prior, if I remember correctly.

Durantia37
07-09-2017, 12:40 PM
how long until you started experiencing PFS after first taking sp?

I think it's important to figure out why it happened, this thing is still largely a mystery, even if we understand the basics.

I noticed brainfog literally the first day I took the pills. But I didn't think it was from saw palmetto. I took the pills for nine days total, had brainfog each of those days and it got so bad I researched saw palmetto and discovered everything.

After about 10 days I was back to normal, but then I'd crash again. Then I'd go back to 100%. This cycle continued for a few months, and the crashes got a little worse each time. At one point things got seriously fucking bad and that's when I started juice feasting.

I don't think it's quite as enigmatic as it initially seems or as people make it out to be. You're inhibiting an incredibly important enzyme, and this has a powerfully suppressive cascade effect, and if you don't know what's going on immediately, which most people don't, you can make it much worse, quickly.

Ridd
07-09-2017, 03:04 PM
I noticed brainfog literally the first day I took the pills. But I didn't think it was from saw palmetto. I took the pills for nine days total, had brainfog each of those days and it got so bad I researched saw palmetto and discovered everything.

After about 10 days I was back to normal, but then I'd crash again. Then I'd go back to 100%. This cycle continued for a few months, and the crashes got a little worse each time. At one point things got seriously fucking bad and that's when I started juice feasting.

I don't think it's quite as enigmatic as it initially seems or as people make it out to be. You're inhibiting an incredibly important enzyme, and this has a powerfully suppressive cascade effect, and if you don't know what's going on immediately, which most people don't, you can make it much worse, quickly.

funny, I remember having brain fog immediately after taking sp too. the reaction was so fast (minutes....) and so obviously from something, ie not placebo. I guess we're in that incredibly rare, super sensitive group. good thing we didn't take fin. I noticed my libido dropped within a couple weeks and my erections weren't doing great, that's when I stopped, about 3 weeks in. 3 weeks later, after feeling back to 100%, I crashed hard.

how's your progress going now? what % of recovery would you say you hover around?

jimmyjonas
07-09-2017, 04:08 PM
I have pondered this question many times, particularly in the early months of getting hit, I have read all the studies, even discussed them with doctors, The Harvard one in particular was interesting to me as in not finding a cause except depression. There is one coming from Baylor i'm not sure of release date. There have been polls done on PH and solve pfs of this very question and usually it splits pretty even as in some guys did have a history of depresssion, some guys didnt. The most puzzling question for me has been how do more guys not get hit with sides given the harm it did to me. The official line is i think 97% have no problems on it, I have my doubts about that.

I have suffered from anxiety and depression at various points in my life, last time I got hit with a bad episode was about five years ago HOWEVER the anxiety and depression I experienced after finasteride was in a different stratosphere, and with one key difference this time I also had physical side effects as in physical numbness of genitals and twisting of penis to a banana like shape, that is caused in my opinion by a particular ingredient of the drug and then after comes the psychological collapse, flooding the body with stress which is why some dont bounce back quickly, you stay stuck in that state, so for me its been a bit of both. Also, when I previously had issues with anxiety my libido was NEVER affected, It was always solid no matter how I felt, how much I partied etc, this was very different, the missus wearing something that would turn me into raging hard on etc all changed after fin that instinct that feeling was gone, thankfully that is changing.

Perhaps I was more vulnerable to its effects because of history with anxiety but at time of taking i was in a very good place, doing really well in career and in a solid relationship, please note I took it for less than a week and then boom I physically and mentally collapsed, length of use in my opinion is irrelevant, I've read approx forty/fifty stories of similar story after short term use.

For me a turning point was when I dropped the need to understand what causes it, if you've read ph and others you'll see the sites have been active for years and they still have not conclusively proved what causes it, maybe someday they will BUT for me I made the decision that this is bullshit I have to stop this it is not doing me any good just keeping me lost in the dark.

I completely believe in what cd has set up here and in his protocol, I have ZERO doubts about it. I know that it may seem odd not to question things as an adult however in this case I recommend blind faith, dont question, just do it. For me dropping trying to understand pfs and just following the protocol to the letter I have made very good solid improvements I am not healed but ive seen incremental improvements as in the desire for a woman coming back along with other positive improvements, if i never found swole source and was still researching the cause I would still be in a really bad way I absolutely have no doubt about it and thats why I believe there are guys on ph and solve pfs who are suffering for years and years because they cant break out of the mindset of trying to prove/understand pfs, they argue with each other over whos theory is correct when really its a dead end road and time would be better spent focusing on healing your body through diet exercise and all of the good stuff, not lost on a computer in that negative world.

Meegs
07-09-2017, 08:36 PM
Please do not take offense to this, but NO NO NO. I never experienced depression prior to PFS, nor does anyone in my family have depression. The same is true for most of the guys i talk with regularly at SolvePFS.

I've seen some weird posts on SolvePFS in this same vein where someone asks a question (based on their situation) and if they get one positive response it is confirmed that everyone is the same. Everyone with PFS is left handed, or everyone suffered from anxiety prior to PFS, or everyone with PFS has a longer index finger compared to their ring finger......

Bottom line is we are all different. Then again there are a million different variations of PFS from a symptoms and timing perspective. Some get hit after the first pill, some after taking the pill for years, and others only after they stop taking the poison.

Again, no offense is meant by this, but you can't just assume that because you have some PFS symptom or had some condition prior to PFS, that everyone fits that category.

K8668B
07-09-2017, 09:01 PM
I have pondered this question many times, particularly in the early months of getting hit, I have read all the studies, even discussed them with doctors, The Harvard one in particular was interesting to me as in not finding a cause except depression. There is one coming from Baylor i'm not sure of release date. There have been polls done on PH and solve pfs of this very question and usually it splits pretty even as in some guys did have a history of depresssion, some guys didnt. The most puzzling question for me has been how do more guys not get hit with sides given the harm it did to me. The official line is i think 97% have no problems on it, I have my doubts about that.

I have suffered from anxiety and depression at various points in my life, last time I got hit with a bad episode was about five years ago HOWEVER the anxiety and depression I experienced after finasteride was in a different stratosphere, and with one key difference this time I also had physical side effects as in physical numbness of genitals and twisting of penis to a banana like shape, that is caused in my opinion by a particular ingredient of the drug and then after comes the psychological collapse, flooding the body with stress which is why some dont bounce back quickly, you stay stuck in that state, so for me its been a bit of both. Also, when I previously had issues with anxiety my libido was NEVER affected, It was always solid no matter how I felt, how much I partied etc, this was very different, the missus wearing something that would turn me into raging hard on etc all changed after fin that instinct that feeling was gone, thankfully that is changing.

Perhaps I was more vulnerable to its effects because of history with anxiety but at time of taking i was in a very good place, doing really well in career and in a solid relationship, please note I took it for less than a week and then boom I physically and mentally collapsed, length of use in my opinion is irrelevant, I've read approx forty/fifty stories of similar story after short term use.

For me a turning point was when I dropped the need to understand what causes it, if you've read ph and others you'll see the sites have been active for years and they still have not conclusively proved what causes it, maybe someday they will BUT for me I made the decision that this is bullshit I have to stop this it is not doing me any good just keeping me lost in the dark.

I completely believe in what cd has set up here and in his protocol, I have ZERO doubts about it. I know that it may seem odd not to question things as an adult however in this case I recommend blind faith, dont question, just do it. For me dropping trying to understand pfs and just following the protocol to the letter I have made very good solid improvements I am not healed but ive seen incremental improvements as in the desire for a woman coming back along with other positive improvements, if i never found swole source and was still researching the cause I would still be in a really bad way I absolutely have no doubt about it and thats why I believe there are guys on ph and solve pfs who are suffering for years and years because they cant break out of the mindset of trying to prove/understand pfs, they argue with each other over whos theory is correct when really its a dead end road and time would be better spent focusing on healing your body through diet exercise and all of the good stuff, not lost on a computer in that negative world.

Good point!

I never really had depression until after PFS. Where im at now, i have healed all negative side effects that pfs brings except for the sexual. This is just through the protocol alone. Diet, exercise, lifestyle. For a decade i was always in shape, and did some things right, but i did alot of thing wrong, and i found out how malnourished i really was. Certain problems of mine are now easily gone due to simple adjustments that i have learned from the protocol.

By the way, i never really spent that much time on PH and SolvePFS. Do they all really just sit there and whine, and go back and forth, and not do anything to try to heal? (this excludes looking for a magic pill)

Durantia37
07-09-2017, 09:04 PM
funny, I remember having brain fog immediately after taking sp too. the reaction was so fast (minutes....) and so obviously from something, ie not placebo. I guess we're in that incredibly rare, super sensitive group. good thing we didn't take fin. I noticed my libido dropped within a couple weeks and my erections weren't doing great, that's when I stopped, about 3 weeks in. 3 weeks later, after feeling back to 100%, I crashed hard.

how's your progress going now? what % of recovery would you say you hover around?

I honestly have no idea. I have such huge fluctuations. I guess if you take the time just before the feast as 0% and full recovery as 100%, I'm somewhere between 25 and 35 on average. On Andro I'm more like 65% though (again, on average - there are moments of 90%). Not sure how much I'll drop off at the end of the cycle.

Swill
07-10-2017, 12:39 AM
FYI, I was in the Baylor study.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyjonas
07-10-2017, 12:45 AM
Good point!

I never really had depression until after PFS. Where im at now, i have healed all negative side effects that pfs brings except for the sexual. This is just through the protocol alone. Diet, exercise, lifestyle. For a decade i was always in shape, and did some things right, but i did alot of thing wrong, and i found out how malnourished i really was. Certain problems of mine are now easily gone due to simple adjustments that i have learned from the protocol.

By the way, i never really spent that much time on PH and SolvePFS. Do they all really just sit there and whine, and go back and forth, and not do anything to try to heal? (this excludes looking for a magic pill)

No it would be unfair of me to say everyone just whines and dont try to get better, there's good guys there and have been trying different methods for years, trt, various drugs but its all so random and varied. My main beef was with PH from an admin level, you'ld see time after time guys in the early stages who are in a desperate state coming for help and senior guys saying maybe youll get better maybe you wont but ive been fucked for years etc so that kind of talk is dangerous & destuctive and it can lead to contemplating suicide, i know I did after hanging there, your like oh fuck theres no way out. Overall i found it really hopeless with a lot of crazy shit thrown around.

But then you come across cd and here and hes like you will get better, do this and you will be ok, once I adjusted my thinking and rolled with it ive only felt benefits, so for me personally its the only way to go.

K8668B
07-10-2017, 04:37 PM
No it would be unfair of me to say everyone just whines and dont try to get better, there's good guys there and have been trying different methods for years, trt, various drugs but its all so random and varied. My main beef was with PH from an admin level, you'ld see time after time guys in the early stages who are in a desperate state coming for help and senior guys saying maybe youll get better maybe you wont but ive been fucked for years etc so that kind of talk is dangerous & destuctive and it can lead to contemplating suicide, i know I did after hanging there, your like oh fuck theres no way out. Overall i found it really hopeless with a lot of crazy shit thrown around.

But then you come across cd and here and hes like you will get better, do this and you will be ok, once I adjusted my thinking and rolled with it ive only felt benefits, so for me personally its the only way to go.

Exactly!

But yeah, when you say they try to resort to things like TRT, thats basically a magic pill type of thing like i was talking about. Its so obvious that it would only be a temporary positive, which would eventually turn into a crash and be very detrimental. I've tried many things over the years, the decade, and although i never really experimented with anything dangerous (thank god), after awhile i knew that it was all meaningless bullshit that wouldnt get me anywhere. I was only about 50% aware of my pfs this whole time, because i was still in good physical shape, but deep down subconsciously i knew something wasnt right. I just hadnt put my finger on it yet.

Then i found this protocol. It has already healed all of my symptoms besides the sexual. I truly didnt REALLY get started until 6-21-2017, which was about 3 weeks ago.

Yes this is the only way to go. Its common sense. And so healthy for you!

I wish those guys on PH would see the light. And i WAS on SOLVEPFS for about a month, and although there were some nice people there, there definitely was alot of negativity. I would try to talk to alot of people there, and my words seemed to fall on deaf ears. Like i was talking to a bunch of drones. My introduction to the fucking place was "thank you for joining... if you could, please donate some $$$$ to the pfs foundation". Come on now....

Luckily i was only there for about a month or two. And YEARS ago, when i would occasionally browse PH, it was so scary at the time, i couldnt even read it. (before i was truly aware of my pfs).

Now nothing scares me, and i am not depressed anymore, even WITH PFS!!! I believe in this protocol!

Keep fighting the good fight, my brother!

Sploicers
07-10-2017, 04:53 PM
For the sake of arguement, I did have depression as a kid. Dad and I's relationship was not too good hahaha.

On the K8668B front, dude with you 100%. I remember reading PH and thinking that was the end. My life was gone. It crushing how much you can cut of your own life line by thinking its over.

I have to say. I crashed 2 weeks ago. Best I have ever felt. And I just started taking the herbs. I think my body has been in a plea for help for years... Looking back at the diet ive had...Holy shit. Im surprised i needed SP to even crash.

People: How many stories have we fucking read where a doctor tells a patient he is paralyzed and wont walk again but then he does? How many times has someone did something that "medicine cant explain"? Thats by sheer fucking willpower. The mind is insanely strong. And with all this nutrition, its going to reward us.

jimmyjonas
07-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Exactly!

But yeah, when you say they try to resort to things like TRT, thats basically a magic pill type of thing like i was talking about. Its so obvious that it would only be a temporary positive, which would eventually turn into a crash and be very detrimental. I've tried many things over the years, the decade, and although i never really experimented with anything dangerous (thank god), after awhile i knew that it was all meaningless bullshit that wouldnt get me anywhere. I was only about 50% aware of my pfs this whole time, because i was still in good physical shape, but deep down subconsciously i knew something wasnt right. I just hadnt put my finger on it yet.

Then i found this protocol. It has already healed all of my symptoms besides the sexual. I truly didnt REALLY get started until 6-21-2017, which was about 3 weeks ago.

Yes this is the only way to go. Its common sense. And so healthy for you!

I wish those guys on PH would see the light. And i WAS on SOLVEPFS for about a month, and although there were some nice people there, there definitely was alot of negativity. I would try to talk to alot of people there, and my words seemed to fall on deaf ears. Like i was talking to a bunch of drones. My introduction to the fucking place was "thank you for joining... if you could, please donate some $$$$ to the pfs foundation". Come on now....

Luckily i was only there for about a month or two. And YEARS ago, when i would occasionally browse PH, it was so scary at the time, i couldnt even read it. (before i was truly aware of my pfs).

Now nothing scares me, and i am not depressed anymore, even WITH PFS!!! I believe in this protocol!

Keep fighting the good fight, my brother!

Cheers bro, likewise, that's why I love this place, a very positive community, no surrender to this PFS shit, we stay the course and we will make it through, good luck to you

K8668B
07-10-2017, 09:47 PM
People: How many stories have we fucking read where a doctor tells a patient he is paralyzed and wont walk again but then he does? How many times has someone did something that "medicine cant explain"? Thats by sheer fucking willpower. The mind is insanely strong. And with all this nutrition, its going to reward us.[/QUOTE]

Great point! Yes!!

Ridd
07-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Please do not take offense to this, but NO NO NO. I never experienced depression prior to PFS, nor does anyone in my family have depression. The same is true for most of the guys i talk with regularly at SolvePFS.

I've seen some weird posts on SolvePFS in this same vein where someone asks a question (based on their situation) and if they get one positive response it is confirmed that everyone is the same. Everyone with PFS is left handed, or everyone suffered from anxiety prior to PFS, or everyone with PFS has a longer index finger compared to their ring finger......

Bottom line is we are all different. Then again there are a million different variations of PFS from a symptoms and timing perspective. Some get hit after the first pill, some after taking the pill for years, and others only after they stop taking the poison.

Again, no offense is meant by this, but you can't just assume that because you have some PFS symptom or had some condition prior to PFS, that everyone fits that category.

I see the point youre trying to make, and it's a good one. however I don't think it's relevant at all in this case considering depression is one of the few effects that has been scientifically recorded to correlate with PFS.

now I don't believe that there is one cause/effect of PFS nor that the scientific community understands this any better than we do as of right now, but they have an objective, physiological look into what we are dealing with. they have pieces, and we have pieces. the fact remains that depression is tied in to PFS, according to some of the few reputable studies we have on PFS.

I didn't say shit about being left handed or having long fingers lol.

Ridd
07-11-2017, 11:18 AM
For the sake of arguement, I did have depression as a kid. Dad and I's relationship was not too good hahaha.

On the K8668B front, dude with you 100%. I remember reading PH and thinking that was the end. My life was gone. It crushing how much you can cut of your own life line by thinking its over.

I have to say. I crashed 2 weeks ago. Best I have ever felt. And I just started taking the herbs. I think my body has been in a plea for help for years... Looking back at the diet ive had...Holy shit. Im surprised i needed SP to even crash.

People: How many stories have we fucking read where a doctor tells a patient he is paralyzed and wont walk again but then he does? How many times has someone did something that "medicine cant explain"? Thats by sheer fucking willpower. The mind is insanely strong. And with all this nutrition, its going to reward us.

This is sort of what I'm getting at it.

Virtually every other PFS community I've seen fosters this idea that these men are stuck in a permanent state of fucked. they throw around the word permanent, tell everyone this thing is persistent and that there is no cure, and that we must donate to find the cure like K8 brings up.

I've dealt with a lot of depression, and I have problems focusing on the positive in life at times, it's understandable that my brain really screws me on such a complex and potentially overwhelming problem as PFS. I literally haven't heard of one person with PFS that hasn't experienced anxiety or depression from PFS.

With that being said, This community is the only one where you probably don't have a lot of depressed people dealing with PFS. we are probably the only PFS community that is mentally healthy (at least as we can be,) and I also believe we are the only PFS community making any sort of progress. Even though I'm dealing with one of the most challenging times in my life, I am honestly happier than I have been in a long time despite it all. I feel great, and I feel like I will be unstoppable when I get through to the other side once and for all. I finally have my priorities straight for once in my life. the shit that really matters is so plain to see.

I think our mental health is a hugely important part of our recovery, more than most PFSers may believe.

thanks for the positivity guys, keep it up. I really think we will all get through this a better version of our selves than we ever may have even imagined.

Ridd
07-11-2017, 11:23 AM
FYI, I was in the Baylor study.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything interesting worth reporting here? or where I can find you talking about it at all if you have already gone into detail? that's pretty cool to be a part of, appreciate you spending the time to help all of us.

Swill
07-11-2017, 12:41 PM
anything interesting worth reporting here? or where I can find you talking about it at all if you have already gone into detail? that's pretty cool to be a part of, appreciate you spending the time to help all of us.

Thanks man. I actually took time out of my honeymoon to do it. I am from the UK and my wife is US, she lives with me in the UK but we got married in her hometown in Indiana as a result. I got married on the Sat (March 2015) and flew out to Texas on the Sunday, took part in the study on the Monday and flew back.

It involved a number of things including a typical kinda questionnaire, a shit tonne of blood tests, various scans and dick function tests and a physical and the highlight, a penile biopsy for genetic testing. The penile biopsy literally involved cutting a couple of mm of skin off you junk around where it joins the balls... which sounds bad enough in itself, but add in the fact they didn't apply the anaesthetic properly and wowza... I think my wife heard me from Texas in Indiana!

I spoke to Dr Khera about the condition, he was very nice and very realistic and when mentioning recovery he mentioned he had treated some with crazy low T with HCG injections but has had limited success, and agreed with me that the foundation to getting better from this thing lies with diet, rest, exercise and mental state... he said those that were able to do this are the patients he has had under him that have shown improvement.

I still haven't heard regarding my genetic testing personally and don't expect to, I kinda did it to help out as the foundation needed numbers to complete the study and were getting frustrated at not getting people that would commit. I never expected any kind of outcome or answers from it, and was well underway with the protocol by that point and just wanted to do something to help people understand it and get an evidence base to get the poison off the market. They were intending for it to be published in the summer of 2015, so think maybe its been pushed down the priority list, but who knows.

But yeah, i was happy to help, people give the foundation shit but their heart is in the right place and they are trying to find some answers... its just a case of people having unrealistic expectations of some magical cure, when the fact of the matter is that it's a condition that wreaks hormonal havoc on an individual and leaves them imbalanced in different ways to different extents, no blood test can tell you what is actually up... the only way it makes sense to get it right is holistic healing.

Ridd
07-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Thanks man. I actually took time out of my honeymoon to do it. I am from the UK and my wife is US, she lives with me in the UK but we got married in her hometown in Indiana as a result. I got married on the Sat (March 2015) and flew out to Texas on the Sunday, took part in the study on the Monday and flew back.

It involved a number of things including a typical kinda questionnaire, a shit tonne of blood tests, various scans and dick function tests and a physical and the highlight, a penile biopsy for genetic testing. The penile biopsy literally involved cutting a couple of mm of skin off you junk around where it joins the balls... which sounds bad enough in itself, but add in the fact they didn't apply the anaesthetic properly and wowza... I think my wife heard me from Texas in Indiana!

I spoke to Dr Khera about the condition, he was very nice and very realistic and when mentioning recovery he mentioned he had treated some with crazy low T with HCG injections but has had limited success, and agreed with me that the foundation to getting better from this thing lies with diet, rest, exercise and mental state... he said those that were able to do this are the patients he has had under him that have shown improvement.

I still haven't heard regarding my genetic testing personally and don't expect to, I kinda did it to help out as the foundation needed numbers to complete the study and were getting frustrated at not getting people that would commit. I never expected any kind of outcome or answers from it, and was well underway with the protocol by that point and just wanted to do something to help people understand it and get an evidence base to get the poison off the market. They were intending for it to be published in the summer of 2015, so think maybe its been pushed down the priority list, but who knows.

But yeah, i was happy to help, people give the foundation shit but their heart is in the right place and they are trying to find some answers... its just a case of people having unrealistic expectations of some magical cure, when the fact of the matter is that it's a condition that wreaks hormonal havoc on an individual and leaves them imbalanced in different ways to different extents, no blood test can tell you what is actually up... the only way it makes sense to get it right is holistic healing.

damn dude, that's some serious sacrifice. there's a ballsack pun in there somewhere.

at least we're making some sort of progress, that's all we really can do right now. one thing is clear that the typical pharma approach wont solve this. appreciate it on behalf of all PFS sufferers man, seriously.