PDA

View Full Version : long time lurker, finally got my health back doing cdnuts/boost your low T protocol

champstar
07-12-2017, 11:24 AM
I don't think I can edit the title but obviously I mean boost your LOW T (*SoCal Edited This For you)

I say that I'm a 'lurker' but I actually didn't know that this forum existed until only a few days ago. But I would refer to the cdnuts recovery thread on propeciahelp while I was struggling with my health. Here's my story:

2012-2013: using finasteride
January 2014: quit finasteride because of lowered libido, had extremely high libido for a few weeks, then I crashed

PFS symptoms: zero libido (none at all), numb genitals, shrunken genitals, depression

2014: trudging along in life with all these pfs problems, really had no idea what was going on
2015-2016: started the cdnuts/boost your lot T protocol.

First did a four week juice feast and then started on a paleo diet with the supplements. Then I added in T boosting herbs, usually 10-12 of them which I rotated daily. I started carb backloading at the same time I started the T boosters. Then I started doing DHT prohormone cycles followed by PCT. In the middle of 2016 I started adding coffee in to my routine and my recovery really started ramping up. My depression that I had some days basically disappeared instantly at this time! I was feeling happier, more motivated, more social. I was doing better at work and in my personal relationships. I was so excited that the protocol was starting to work for me. I still had zero libido and numb genitals but I kept on the protocol because I new it could take time to heal.

At the end of 2016 I started researching around and I found that many PSSD sufferers had the exact same specific symptoms as me: zero libido and numb genitals. And I found that many PSSD sufferers recovered using a natural herb, licorice root. I knew I had PFS and not PSSD since I had never taken SSRI's but the symptoms these guys were describing were very similar to mine. I did a lot of research on the safety profile of the herb and then finally decided to add it to the cdnuts/boost your low T protocol. I started out just trying it on the weekends to see how I would react. I tried it one Saturday and felt kind of bad and I stopped taking it the next day. On Tuesday of that week I had what seemed like a miracle to me. The numbness down there went away for like 10-12 hours. I was shocked as I hadn't felt that in years! The next weekend I took the herb on Saturday and Sunday. Sure enough on Wednesday of that week the numbness started to go away and this time I could feel an actual libido! Once again I hadn't felt something like that in years! It was like something had switched on in my brain and it lasted about 36 hours.

So I continued playing around with this on the weekend and after a few weeks the numbness was pretty much gone and stopped coming back. I worked up to taking 1/4 teaspoon of 4:1 licorice root extract powder dissolved in a mug of hot water three times a day on Saturday and Sunday. I kept taking my T boosters and kept on my paleo diet with carb backloading. Kept working out and focusing on maintaining a positive mindset. And every time in the middle of the week I would get a raging libido again like I was a teenager! Once I had worked up to this dosage, my libido started to stay at a higher level each week. It would increase in the middle of the week, then it would fall down a bit but it stopped falling back down to how I felt during my pfs years. I started feeling like a normal human being for once! Things stopped swinging between superhuman sex starved teenager libido and complete eunuch zero libido. It just stayed at a consistent level through the week and It actually stopped mattering when I took the herb. I wouldn't feel any change.

One weekend arrived and I just never took the licorice root extract again and I've been living life ever since then. I stick to my diet and workout routine during the week but I'm back to beer and pizza with the guys on the weekend :).

I'm so happy to say that the cdnuts protocol really works. It took me over two years and there wasn't a lot of progress in the beginning. But I hit a major upswing in the middle where my depression really seemed to get better. And then right around 2-2.5 years I finally got my libido back.

I think keeping faith in God really helped me along the way too.

It's really true that once you start making progress with sexual sides, it's like you make a big improvement, then you have a set back, then more improvement, and so on, until everything levels out.

Best of luck everyone!!!

Sploicers
07-12-2017, 12:48 PM
I thought licorice root was a dht inhibitor?

I wonder if the timing of taking the root matters? Considering you said you didnt feel anything until 3 days after. Were you inhibiting DHT, body responds by making more DHT, thus 3 days later you feel better, then you continue as your body slowly builds up that DHT over prolonged usage?

CD? Anyone want to comment?

Ridd
07-12-2017, 01:12 PM
appreciate the story champstar! glad to hear you're better.

I think the positive mindset is very important, glad you focused on getting better over fixating on the gloomy situation.

would you say your erection quality is back to pre PFS?

also i'm curious, as it usually varies when people get PFS, but did your hair fall continue, or did you keep what you had after discontinuing fin?

Durantia37
07-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Congrats man, thanks a million for posting this. Very inspiring.

Cdsnuts
07-18-2017, 11:59 AM
I don't think I can edit the title but obviously I mean boost your LOW T (*SoCal Edited This For you)

I say that I'm a 'lurker' but I actually didn't know that this forum existed until only a few days ago. But I would refer to the cdnuts recovery thread on propeciahelp while I was struggling with my health. Here's my story:

January 2014: quit finasteride because of lowered libido, had extremely high libido for a few weeks, then I crashed

PFS symptoms: zero libido (none at all), numb genitals, shrunken genitals, depression

2014: trudging along in life with all these pfs problems, really had no idea what was going on

First did a four week juice feast and then started on a paleo diet with the supplements. Then I added in T boosting herbs, usually 10-12 of them which I rotated daily. I started carb backloading at the same time I started the T boosters. Then I started doing DHT prohormone cycles followed by PCT. In the middle of 2016 I started adding coffee in to my routine and my recovery really started ramping up. My depression that I had some days basically disappeared instantly at this time! I was feeling happier, more motivated, more social. I was doing better at work and in my personal relationships. I was so excited that the protocol was starting to work for me. I still had zero libido and numb genitals but I kept on the protocol because I new it could take time to heal.

At the end of 2016 I started researching around and I found that many PSSD sufferers had the exact same specific symptoms as me: zero libido and numb genitals. And I found that many PSSD sufferers recovered using a natural herb, licorice root. I knew I had PFS and not PSSD since I had never taken SSRI's but the symptoms these guys were describing were very similar to mine. I did a lot of research on the safety profile of the herb and then finally decided to add it to the cdnuts/boost your low T protocol. I started out just trying it on the weekends to see how I would react. I tried it one Saturday and felt kind of bad and I stopped taking it the next day. On Tuesday of that week I had what seemed like a miracle to me. The numbness down there went away for like 10-12 hours. I was shocked as I hadn't felt that in years! The next weekend I took the herb on Saturday and Sunday. Sure enough on Wednesday of that week the numbness started to go away and this time I could feel an actual libido! Once again I hadn't felt something like that in years! It was like something had switched on in my brain and it lasted about 36 hours.

So I continued playing around with this on the weekend and after a few weeks the numbness was pretty much gone and stopped coming back. I worked up to taking 1/4 teaspoon of 4:1 licorice root extract powder dissolved in a mug of hot water three times a day on Saturday and Sunday. I kept taking my T boosters and kept on my paleo diet with carb backloading. Kept working out and focusing on maintaining a positive mindset. And every time in the middle of the week I would get a raging libido again like I was a teenager! Once I had worked up to this dosage, my libido started to stay at a higher level each week. It would increase in the middle of the week, then it would fall down a bit but it stopped falling back down to how I felt during my pfs years. I started feeling like a normal human being for once! Things stopped swinging between superhuman sex starved teenager libido and complete eunuch zero libido. It just stayed at a consistent level through the week and It actually stopped mattering when I took the herb. I wouldn't feel any change.

One weekend arrived and I just never took the licorice root extract again and I've been living life ever since then. I stick to my diet and workout routine during the week but I'm back to beer and pizza with the guys on the weekend :).

I'm so happy to say that the cdnuts protocol really works. It took me over two years and there wasn't a lot of progress in the beginning. But I hit a major upswing in the middle where my depression really seemed to get better. And then right around 2-2.5 years I finally got my libido back.

It's really true that once you start making progress with sexual sides, it's like you make a big improvement, then you have a set back, then more improvement, and so on, until everything levels out.

Best of luck everyone!!!

Congrats to you and thank you for posting. You had the mindset and the frame of mind to KEEP GOING regardless of your current situation. I'm moving this thread to the recovery section. Another one in the books.

TubZy
07-18-2017, 01:09 PM

Best of luck everyone!!!

That is really interesting, when you researched licorice root why is it used for PSSD? Or what is your theory on why you think it helps?

Sploicers
07-18-2017, 01:21 PM
Im interested in this because licorice is a known DHT blocker...

It would make sense though. When I got off saw palmetto my libido shot way up the first few days. The only problem was it was so heavily inhibited for such a long time that it never stopped... I wonder if temporarily taking a blocker a day a week (once you have some testosterone) gives you that same effect but to a lesser extent? Body sees inhibition, responds by making more?

How fucked would it be if taking a DHT blocker fixes symptoms in moderation?

- - - Updated - - -

It would explain why he felt down the day he took it as well and didnt see results till days after

TubZy
07-18-2017, 01:28 PM
Im interested in this because licorice is a known DHT blocker...

It would make sense though. When I got off saw palmetto my libido shot way up the first few days. The only problem was it was so heavily inhibited for such a long time that it never stopped... I wonder if temporarily taking a blocker a day a week (once you have some testosterone) gives you that same effect but to a lesser extent? Body sees inhibition, responds by making more?

How fucked would it be if taking a DHT blocker fixes symptoms in moderation?

- - - Updated - - -

It would explain why he felt down the day he took it as well and didnt see results till days after

There is a thread showing that 5AR1 and 2 operate and inverse relationships, same reason why some people have recovered from going back on low dose finasteride before (crazy I know) but essentially lowering serum androgens or DHT would raise 5AR activity in the brain. Same reason why many of us have normal serum circulationting DHT levels but low in the brain. It is very interesting, but I think that is what is going on here to an extent. Here is the full thread if you wanted to read the science behind it.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/post-finasteride-syndrome-5ar-and-the-brain.17354/

freefl0w
07-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Hey guys, first post here. Soon will open a blog and do proper introduction. I heard long ago about sexual recoveries with 5ari blocker substances like licorice. I know one guy on solvepfs who got pfs from licorice then restored his sexual function with other 5aris. Another guy posted something similar on propeciahelp too. Personally I tried natural 5ari substances and got sometimes 40-50% libido back but it never lasted.
I stopped looking for one pill cures, just the whole protocol will bring the health back and when you have perfect health you can experiment safely like champstar did.

Swill
07-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Ive heard similar theories and read about people using strong 5ari's in recovery but for me that would be the ultimate playing with fire.... plenty of scope to fuck yourself up to a far greater extent than before. Mindless when we know holistic slow and steady can get you there, but safely.

Sploicers
07-18-2017, 01:46 PM
I think the key here is the fact that its used a day a week, and then the rest is the usual scope : diet, t-boosters, etc...

I wouldnt do it with something as strong as Licorice personally... Id substitute in He shou wu instead. (DHT inhibitor) and since thats already on the guide it might be useful.

K8668B
07-18-2017, 03:29 PM
I wouldnt do it with something as strong as Licorice personally... Id substitute in He shou wu instead. (DHT inhibitor) and since thats already on the guide it might be useful.[/QUOTE]

Yes, He Shou Wu is in the list of testosterone boosting herbs, as it is meant to be used in the 1-a-day herb rotation. And i have he shou wu as one of my current 12 herbs. but if its a dht inhibitor, then why are we even using this in the first place? couldnt this be bad for us? I read that he shou wu was the one herb that could regrow hair or get rid of grey hairs. sounds like a dht inhibiting herb then. should we still be using this? why is it recommened?

Ridd
07-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Hey guys, first post here. Soon will open a blog and do proper introduction. I heard long ago about sexual recoveries with 5ari blocker substances like licorice. I know one guy on solvepfs who got pfs from licorice then restored his sexual function with other 5aris. Another guy posted something similar on propeciahelp too. Personally I tried natural 5ari substances and got sometimes 40-50% libido back but it never lasted.
I stopped looking for one pill cures, just the whole protocol will bring the health back and when you have perfect health you can experiment safely like champstar did.

I think this is true about mild 5ar inhibs, although it could be very dangerous to us here for obvious reasons.

I think if someone is far enough along in health where they feel confident enough, they can have small doses of very mild anti-DHT supps like licorice root. when we got off sp or fin, every single person I've heard of gets a huge boost of libido before it all came crashing down. I remember having a crazy amount of energy and sex drive, which was actually part of the reason why I took sp, and part of the reason why it's often recommended to actually boost peoples testosterone, sex drive and energy.

However, we're all sensitive to this kind of thing and most of us probably took too much for too long. but with healthy moderation, like many things, I think a mild DHT inhibitor could aid in recovery if it used incredibly cautiously.

the logic adds up.

TubZy
07-18-2017, 05:12 PM
I think this is true about mild 5ar inhibs, although it could be very dangerous to us here for obvious reasons.

I think if someone is far enough along in health where they feel confident enough, they can have small doses of very mild anti-DHT supps like licorice root. when we got off sp or fin, every single person I've heard of gets a huge boost of libido before it all came crashing down. I remember having a crazy amount of energy and sex drive, which was actually part of the reason why I took sp, and part of the reason why it's often recommended to actually boost peoples testosterone, sex drive and energy.

However, we're all sensitive to this kind of thing and most of us probably took too much for too long. but with healthy moderation, like many things, I think a mild DHT inhibitor could aid in recovery if it used incredibly cautiously.

the logic adds up.

Read the link I posted, there is more than just logic there is actual some science behind it.

Sploicers
07-18-2017, 06:34 PM
That was an interesting read Tubzy. Im going to try doing he shou wu every sunday... see how that works out. I can give you guys updates.

K8668B, i wouldnt worry too much on the he shou. Its incredibly mild for a DHT inhibitor, and it does increase testosterone. On the overall picture, its pretty good.

He shou was part of maxout's recovery... he gained sexual traction pretty fast and he wasnt rotating too many herbs to begin with. (I think he had 11 so he was hitting he shou almost every week). I wouldnt worry, and I took it last sunday as well.

Sploicers
07-18-2017, 06:38 PM
Just a heads up, im taking that herb slow tho. Lost empire recommends 1/2 to 1 tsp twice a day and I did only 1/2 once.

On another note: today has been the best day ive had since ive crashed sexually. I woke up with MW that was 100%. Im not jumping the hype train yet. I took crodyceps and then tongkat today. Those are pretty powerful to me so it could definitely be that. Ill let you know next week.

K8668B
07-18-2017, 07:26 PM
That was an interesting read Tubzy. Im going to try doing he shou wu every sunday... see how that works out. I can give you guys updates.

K8668B, i wouldnt worry too much on the he shou. Its incredibly mild for a DHT inhibitor, and it does increase testosterone. On the overall picture, its pretty good.

He shou was part of maxout's recovery... he gained sexual traction pretty fast and he wasnt rotating too many herbs to begin with. (I think he had 11 so he was hitting he shou almost every week). I wouldnt worry, and I took it last sunday as well.

right on. i actually like the he shou wu too.

K8668B
07-18-2017, 07:28 PM
Just a heads up, im taking that herb slow tho. Lost empire recommends 1/2 to 1 tsp twice a day and I did only 1/2 once.

On another note: today has been the best day ive had since ive crashed sexually. I woke up with MW that was 100%. Im not jumping the hype train yet. I took crodyceps and then tongkat today. Those are pretty powerful to me so it could definitely be that. Ill let you know next week.

Agreed. Morning wood is random as hell with PFS. I've gotten 100% MW since having PFS a few times. Theres been times where ive woke up with it 9 days in a row. then other times, like the last 5 months, ive only gotten it maybe 4 or 5 times. i try not to even think about it these days anymore, and just keep going forward with the protocol.

K8668B
07-18-2017, 07:48 PM
Ive heard similar theories and read about people using strong 5ari's in recovery but for me that would be the ultimate playing with fire.... plenty of scope to fuck yourself up to a far greater extent than before. Mindless when we know holistic slow and steady can get you there, but safely.

Good point. slow and steady will win this particular race.

and a 5ari would be like playing with fire for me as well! F that shit! Im almost getting paranoid about the he shou wu. lolll nah, not really. but since cdsnuts recommended it, i still use it once every 12+ days or so.

Sploicers
07-18-2017, 08:37 PM
Another thing K8 (is there a significance to your name? It seems random. I stole mine from my gamertag lol), one guy asked CD if he had only enough money for 5 herbs which should he buy. CD's answer:

Pine Pollen POWDER
Tonkat
Shilijat Resin
He Shou Wu
Cistanche

He shou is in there. Wouldnt worry

Maxout777
07-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Guys - look, there's plenty of things that are "DHT Inhibitors" aka, 5ARIs.....beta sitosterol (eggs, avocados, tomatoes), lauric acid (coconut oil), GLA (spirulina), in things that are everyday foods, supplements, etc. Just because it has an ingredient that is a 5ARI, doesn't mean in it's WHOLE FORM, that it is a total 5ARI (like, Saw Palmetto, Fenugreek, Finasteride, Dutasteride, Nettle Root, etc.). It's all about a compounds chemical makeup that causes it to either do that, or not.

He Shou Wu is also one of my favorite herbs too - I've NEVER, even back in the darkest of days, experienced anything similar to the 5AR inhibition issues I had with saw palmetto. If anything, I had the opposite.

Hulk Smash
07-18-2017, 11:39 PM
I don't worry much about he shou wu. CD and others have taken it and recovered. He shou wu is more likely a strong anti-oxidant(among other things) and that attribute is what helps with hair. Heres a link with more info about he shou wu I found interesting.

https://www.hyperionherbs.com/how-he-shou-wu-naturally-boosts-dopamine/

Cdsnuts
07-19-2017, 05:02 PM
I don't worry much about he shou wu. CD and others have taken it and recovered. He shou wu is more likely a strong anti-oxidant(among other things) and that attribute is what helps with hair. Heres a link with more info about he shou wu I found interesting.

https://www.hyperionherbs.com/how-he-shou-wu-naturally-boosts-dopamine/

Good read. There is a reason this is one of my favorite herbs. The effects are exactly as this article mentions. Thanks for sharing this.

K8668B
07-19-2017, 05:56 PM
Another thing K8 (is there a significance to your name? It seems random. I stole mine from my gamertag lol), one guy asked CD if he had only enough money for 5 herbs which should he buy. CD's answer:

Pine Pollen POWDER
Tonkat
Shilijat Resin
He Shou Wu
Cistanche

He shou is in there. Wouldnt worry

got all 5 of those!! and you are correct. i remember that post too. ran out of the shilijit resin. i actually loved the shilijit resin. tasted like "raw baboon anus", as i think atticus or another swolesource referred to it back in the day. but i felt like i got something from it! he shou wu is one of my favorites too!

TubZy
07-20-2017, 05:41 PM
So I did some digging on licorice and must say I'm pretty surprised. There are a lot of benefits that could be related to PFS and also metabolism in general despite the typical negative rep it gets.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/licorice-root-a-key-supplement-in-hypothyroidism.6177/

champstar
07-22-2017, 10:51 AM
would you say your erection quality is back to pre PFS?

also i'm curious, as it usually varies when people get PFS, but did your hair fall continue, or did you keep what you had after discontinuing fin?

Yes, EQ came back with libido. As for hair loss I can't really say because fin never really worked for hair loss for me. That's another one of the reason's I decided to quit it. But as of now I do have continued hair loss the same as before fin and on fin.

Also I wouldn't be so sure to say that licorice root is a 5AR inhibitor. For instance this study indicates that the active compound in licorice root, glycyrrhetinic acid, increases 5ar:

On the contrary, 5 alpha-reductase was markedly increased though its meachnism remains to be clarified.

Effects of glycyrrhetinic acid and its derivatives on delta 4-5 alpha- and 5 beta-reductase in rat liver. - PubMed - NCBI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/582760)

I believe this is why it helped me.

That is really interesting, when you researched licorice root why is it used for PSSD? Or what is your theory on why you think it helps?

I don't have any sources but I know that people with PSSD believed it could permanently upregulate dopamine and adrenaline release if it has been downregulated from SSRI use.

I really do believe that the cdnuts protocol is good for your overall health. And I know for sure that coffee/caffeine helps with depression and low energy, and taking licorice root extract three times a day on the weekend gave me my sexual function back.

Best of luck everyone, I truly believe everyone can get their health back!!!

champstar
07-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Just got engaged!

rickandm
10-19-2017, 07:15 PM
Just got engaged!

Congrats man!

Just joined this forum to ask you a question, as I'm thinking about taking licorice root for my accutane sides.

You said: "I worked up to taking 1/4 teaspoon of 4:1 licorice root extract powder dissolved in a mug of hot water three times a day on Saturday and Sunday."

What do you mean by 4:1? What brand of licorice root extract was this?

Thanks

champstar
11-07-2018, 01:44 PM
Hey, I wanted to update my thread. I'm still doing good. If I could do it again I would not take the licorice root and just stick to the main protocol and lifestyle. I think I overemphasized the effect that licorice root had because I got similar pronounced fluctuations at other times during my recovery. I think it was the rest of the protocol that really helped me and I think licorice is too dangerous to take. It can raise your blood pressure and I don't think its good for you at all from the research I've done. I'm really coming back to tell you: do not take licorice root. Hang in there and live healthily.