PDA

View Full Version : New to the game

Pfsboy
07-13-2017, 11:59 PM
My basic backstory isn't very unique. I'm 24, took propecia 2.5 - 3 years ago for six weeks and am still suffering the normal sides profile.

Biggest issues for me are: sleep, weight gain, digestion, libido, ED, shrinkage, muscle waste memory, emotional blunting and general cognitive function. I had also had dissociation and depersonalisation problems in my late teens which was very well managed by the time I was 22 and took propecia. This situation caused a major lapse in this department. For that reason it has taken me a long time to get real about facing this problem and to believe I can be well again.

I am certainly ready now.

I started with 1 month gluten free and regular gym with no intoxicants. This was just while I finished my studies. Since then I have started my water fast and began setting myself up for the protocol.

Currently I am on day 8 of my fast and still feel reasonably fine. I think I will just see the 2 weeks out even though I do feel I could go longer.

Once I have broken my fast and taken a few days to slowly reintroduce foods my protocol will be as follows (at least to begin):

-full paleo + some dairy, carb backloading.
-workout + stretch 4 times a week minimum (lift heavy or hiit)
-0 intoxicants (unless caffeine is considered one?)
-herb cycle (for now I only have tribulus, tongkat, pine pollen tinkture and maca root any advice on a good cycle for these 4 would be great otherwise I'm just going to take 1 each morning with 1 day off for a 5 day cycle.)
-get some sun everyday on me and "my boys"
-jelq 4 times a week (not buying penis pump for now)
-meditate 10 mins each morning
-nofap
-try to get max sleep
-cold water showers
-minimise xenoestrogens (I buy a super pure case of water and drink from bpa bottle and my body wash is protocol worthy. Still using normal toothpaste and washing powder though.)

I won't be taking any addicitional suplements or vitamins other that protein at least at first. Maybe something for sleep.

So that's basically it. If anyone sees some glaring hole or just has general advice I'd love to hear it.

Good luck to all of you on the journey. Stay positive

Ridd
07-14-2017, 12:55 AM
sounds like you got a good plan of action, stick with it and you'll see progress quickly, I think everything you're doing is in the right direction.

as far as supps go, I'd say go with what you're comfortable with, however, as CD has told me and will tell you, have faith in the protocol. have faith in the full cycle of herbs, they will all help you and he emphasizes them all for a reason. It took me some time to get comfortable adding a bunch of stuff but the benefit is clear.

have faith in what CD has made, it's really the be all end all guide as far as recovering. you've already figured most of this thing out it seems, and I believe this forum is also an important ingredient for recovery; we simply don't have access to a support group who understands us and can help us in the real world. this community can be an invaluable resource and will greatly help your mental/emotional progress if you decide to engage. you may already know that this community is the only PFS community that's centered around positivity and actual progress, unlike the others who dwell in the negatives and, unsurprisingly, have little to show.

Good luck brother.

Pfsboy
07-14-2017, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the response. I defiantly am not apposed to doing the exact regiment I just want to build slowly coming out of a fast aswell as for financial reasons.

Sploicers
07-14-2017, 06:07 AM
You came to the right place. Seriously, the mindset is everything. Tell yourself you are going to get better, but more importantly believe it.

Ive been on the herb cycle for a week and have already seen gains. I have a ton of herbs but I would model yours off what maxout did... I can find you the passage later (its in his main thread and I have a doctors appointment for a blood test). For sleep, take one a half pills of glycine, magnesium, and ziziphus before bed (zizi is optional). I had really bad sleep problems and glycine and magnesium before bed REALLY helped.

You got 4 good ones going in. I like cordyceps as well.

Also, drink caffeine. That will boost you so much. I never drank coffee really, and I bought a machine just because when im on it, I feel way better.

K8668B
07-14-2017, 05:01 PM
Caffeine is not considered an intoxicant towards pfs.

Its actually highly recommended towards PFS. You just gotta be careful with the dosage.

Good luck on your journey! We are all in this together. I've already healed all symptoms except for the sexual! You will heal!

Swill
07-16-2017, 02:57 AM
with regards to caffeine, some people have a hard time initially but as the others have said with time and when your body is ready it is helpful, be moderate to it and listen to your body... If it feels ok then go with it.

For sleep, the only thing I have ever used (and find absolutely great) is Natural Calm magnesium, which i mix into water and drink just before bed.

Good luck.

Pfsboy
07-16-2017, 05:39 AM
Oook so turns out I ended my water fast today on day 10. It was just getting a bit much to manage while working. I ate some strawberrys a couple of times and then a salad(just lettuce, onion and mushroom) for dinner and a black tea with honey.

Anyway just need a quick tip. Should I start herb rotation tomorrow? Or wait until I have returned full eating in a few days.

Thanks

Snell1234
07-16-2017, 08:06 AM
Good start. I saw the herbs you have. Make sure you get the pine pollen powder and have that every day. I personally find the tincture to be really helpful so I take the tincture most days too.

Swill
07-16-2017, 08:53 AM
No do not start the herbs yet, gradually re-feed yourself. There is lots of information on google regarding re-introduction of food post-fasting. Just take your time and let your body re-adjust, you dont want to think of exercise or herbs for a couple of weeks yet at least.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Maxout777
07-16-2017, 05:47 PM
No do not start the herbs yet, gradually re-feed yourself. There is lots of information on google regarding re-introduction of food post-fasting. Just take your time and let your body re-adjust, you dont want to think of exercise or herbs for a couple of weeks yet at least.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Amen to this. See where you are after two weeks as a baseline after the fast - then introduce the herbs. If you do this, you'll know where you are and how each herb affects you better.

Pfsboy
07-16-2017, 07:18 PM
Ok thanks. Next time I have the money il buy pine pollen powder with a couple more herbs. I will start the gym very light in 1 week and herbs in 2 weeks.

Cdsnuts
07-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Oook so turns out I ended my water fast today on day 10. It was just getting a bit much to manage while working. I ate some strawberrys a couple of times and then a salad(just lettuce, onion and mushroom) for dinner and a black tea with honey.

Anyway just need a quick tip. Should I start herb rotation tomorrow? Or wait until I have returned full eating in a few days.

Thanks

I don't see how you could have possibly fasted on water for ten days while working.....

You can start the herbs right away, once you're eating again.

You should definitely start them PRIOR to doing any kind of work out.

This being said, you should be refed for a few weeks before exerting yourself in anyway aside from walking and stretching.

Pfsboy
10-10-2017, 11:20 PM
UPDATE
Warning this post is mostly about my philosophy of this situation (for my own reference as much as anyone else interested) and less about my minor (but noticeable) improvements.

My intensional was to be a much more active member of this community but as many of you have experienced this process is extremely slow and I have also found obsessing over things (mainly being too mindfull of how I feel at all times is detrimental).

Now tbh I fucked up after my 10 day water fast and had roughly 1 week of eating all the shit we aren't meant to and wanting to kill myself and feeling extreme frustration with myself for wasting all my hard work. It was fucking terrible. Anyway I got back on track since then and have been doing quite well. For the most part I eat full paleo but sometimes I will eat rice and I carb backload with sweet potato everyday. I lift 3 times, do sprints twice and take a yoga class once each week.
I also jelq for 10 mins with my morning coffee and herb (only rotating 4 but just bought 3 more). All of these things are my non negotiables. I have had slip ups over the last 2 months sure. I drank alcohol a couple of times and smoked a couple of times and fapped to ejaculation many times. But always I was back at it the next day. Not wallowing in my failure or how weak I was to fall to temptation. Social pressure to drink will not sway me again and nor will a sad wank make me feel any better.

Other things I try to keep on top of are: getting plenty of sun, trying to get max sleep and getting up early. Meditating in the morning. I also take chromium but only as of 3 days ago.

Sometimes I feel great, really great like sometimes after I have my caffeine and herbs, go to the gym, come home eat huge plate of eggs and avo and kale and have a cold shower. Holy shit it's amazing. Sometimes i convince myself pfs is not real. The fact is it is. It's not functional or beneficial to think Wah propecia did this too me I wish I never took it. But also it is not healthy to delude yourself into thinking you are functioning like your old self and have the freedom to not prioritise your health. A wake up call is always right around the corner.

Think about what really motivates you to heal. Is it going out partying and hooking up. Taking drugs and and staying up all night. Getting to eat whatever you want. OR is it to have satisfaction in your life, to have motivation everymorning to get up and work towards your life goals that arnt just "recovering from pfs", to fall in love, to have strong honest relationships and be able to support and be there for the people around you, to be a good honest grown up man.

Over the last 2 months I have gained some muscle but continue to have very stubborn softness to my body (Chubb on belly and hips and butt). I have cried once (this was huge). I feel lonely and I have feeling for a girl at my work. Honestly I might even ask her out even though I understand the most likely outcome if we become physical. I haven't had sex in 3 years and I don't want to shut myself off the world anymore. Sure I'm not the man I want to be but who knows how long that will take. I am fucking terrified but I want to put myself out there again.

Also I have been reading this book:
https://www.amazon.com/King-Warrior-Magician-Lover-Rediscovering/dp/0062506064
It explains the main characteristics of masculinity and how they can move out of whack.