PDA

View Full Version : PFS for 2 years, Its time to end it!

freefl0w
07-19-2017, 05:08 AM
Hello guys,

I used finasteride from the beginning of 2014 till the spring of 2015. Only symptom I had was decreased libido and erectile strength, nothing at all apart from these and got crazy hair regrowth.
What was strange that my libido did not return after stopping fin at spring, my lowish libido stayed till the middle of summer but still not even a single problem was present. My libido started to come back after I went on a holiday to Italy in the end of july 2015. I had a lot of sunshine there, was doing nofap that time and my libido was increasing back. After the holiday I came home and crashed. Horrible brain fog, fatigue, depersonalization, dead dick, slurry speech, etc I had them all.

Fast forward two years I finished dentistry school and I had time to start a serious fast now. (During the 2 years I had temporary recoveries from aromatase inhibitor, from 5ari substances like tomato juice and coconut oil but always crashed with ejaculation and these improvements never stayed.)
I stopped caring about one pill cures and copying miracle recoveries and decided to get as good health as its possible and do the protocol which everyone improves on. I accepted that life gave me this and I need to do my best out of it regardless of the outcome. Of course I want to recover but life is not a wishlist.

I started a water fast on the 8th of july and finished it on the 18th morning when I drank some juice. Currently I am on juicing and plan to do it for 3 days altogether before I eat some well cooked veggies and high water content fruits. The water fast was a challange, first 5 days I was just laying and trying to survive but I knew I am not going to die as people do fasts for 30 days so it was more of a mind game. The juice fasting is ridiculously easy compared to the water fast imo. I lost 10 kgs during the water fast 81.5->71.5 and my height is 180 cm (5.11)

I ordered some herbs so I will have:

Tongkat
Tribulus (have worldabs and mediherb brands)
He shou wu
Magnolia bark (lift mode)
Pine pollen powder and extract
Shilajit resin
Cordyceps militaris
Schisandra

Im gonna go for paleo diet first then adding some cottage cheese, greek yoghurt, sour cream and cheese as I really like these things. We will see how I react. I also want to add normal potatos and white rice.

Will do some body weight exercises before I return to the gym. Working out and sports was my life pre pfs.
Now I learned that muscles, hair and looks are not everything. I want to build a life, work as a dentist, eat healthy food, have healthy relationships (more time with my family) and working out is gonna be a part of it but not as big part as before.
This pfs teaches a lot of things. I will stop going to other forums as its not good to constantly browse them. Here the mentality is good and you do not need to understand every mechanism why things work, its just health optimization.

Good luck to us,
Freeflow

Snell1234
07-19-2017, 05:54 AM
Good luck. You've had a good start with the 10 day water fast and 3 day juice feast. The toughest part is now over.

Remember if you do paleo that you backload with carbs at night. Carbs are still very important for us.

Take the pine pollen powder every day, the pine pollen tincture liberally, and rotate the other herbs once a day. You sound like you have the plan well understood.

freefl0w
07-19-2017, 09:05 AM
I read this protocol 2 years ago, but freshly crashed I was panicking, had no free time to fast as I couldnt do it during school.
I did 13 days of water, and now I am on 2nd day of juice, I want to build back my digestions slowly.

Paleo doesnt include the normal potato and rice unfortunately but I will try to get them in my diet as soon as possible. Some dairy as well, life would be freaking hard without it. I dont prefer the carb backloading would instead eat carbs throughout the day. Maybe backloading is anabolically better but I function so much better on carbs and care less about anabolic gains.

Cdsnuts
07-19-2017, 04:51 PM
I read this protocol 2 years ago, but freshly crashed I was panicking, had no free time to fast as I couldnt do it during school.
I did 13 days of water, and now I am on 2nd day of juice, I want to build back my digestions slowly.

Paleo doesnt include the normal potato and rice unfortunately but I will try to get them in my diet as soon as possible. Some dairy as well, life would be freaking hard without it. I dont prefer the carb backloading would instead eat carbs throughout the day. Maybe backloading is anabolically better but I function so much better on carbs and care less about anabolic gains.

While carb backloading works wonders for gains, that is not the only reason for recommending it. I always noticed after a back load, I actually felt sleepy. Something that would always alude me during my struggle with PFS. To actually be able to feel the comforting relaxation that comes before sleep was very welcomed.

Sleep is something that alot of PFS guys struggle with and lack of good, restorative sleep does nothing but compounds the problems of PFS.

Carb backloading also has a positive effect on hormones which is something else that is very helpful while battling this condition.

Eating carbs through out the day is not what is recommended on this regimen.

freefl0w
07-19-2017, 10:59 PM
Okay, thanks, I can hop on for it and see how it feels. After 16 days of consuming liquid eating should be much different and might even work out for me better!

freefl0w
08-01-2017, 04:25 AM
Gonna write a quick update:

I am 17 days after breaking my water fast and I definitely feel better mood wise and energy wise. Yesterday evening I started using the L-theanine supplement before bed. I know it affects the GABA system and I had a lot of dreams, including a naked girl and woke up to ejaculation without any stimulation so I had a wet dream. I am following the no fap as well, but this theanine definitely did something special. This is my 2nd wet dream ever since of having PFS.

Today morning I started the herb rotation part as well, I am hoping and going for big results! Also transitioning from high water content fruits and some vegetables to some meat, yoghurt, vegetables and taking more carbs after workouts and less during daytime.

Holistic
08-01-2017, 06:08 AM

I am 17 days after breaking my water fast and I definitely feel better mood wise and energy wise. Yesterday evening I started using the L-theanine supplement before bed. I know it affects the GABA system and I had a lot of dreams, including a naked girl and woke up to ejaculation without any stimulation so I had a wet dream. I am following the no fap as well, but this theanine definitely did something special. This is my 2nd wet dream ever since of having PFS.

Today morning I started the herb rotation part as well, I am hoping and going for big results! Also transitioning from high water content fruits and some vegetables to some meat, yoghurt, vegetables and taking more carbs after workouts and less during daytime.

Sounds like a big milestone. Keep it up!

jacknap
08-01-2017, 11:28 AM

nice work dude, you did the water fast on your own?

freefl0w
08-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Yes, I dont have the funds and the possibility to travel to a water fasting centre. I could have gone longer but I needed to "return" to life, I hope this was enough. Many people do water fasting at home alone, you can check in facebook groups, but I do not want to encourage anyone. It was my choice and I took the responsibility.
I did one mistake though during the refeeding (which is still going on) is that I ate some boiled beans as vegans were very keen to recommend it to me as a source of protein. It gave me serious indegestion on day 5-6-7 and acid reflux, but I stopped the beans totally and feeling so much better. Nowdays the yoghurt, eggs, fruits and some vegetables are doing great to me.

jacknap
08-01-2017, 06:57 PM
i'm glad you made it through. def looking into supervision because I am already pretty low body fat even with pfs maybe like 12% at 6'0 158 lbs

really wanna get on with it cause cdsnuts relieved so many of his symptoms from it especially this annoying head pressure i have which never goes away.

TubZy
08-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Yes, I dont have the funds and the possibility to travel to a water fasting centre. I could have gone longer but I needed to "return" to life, I hope this was enough. Many people do water fasting at home alone, you can check in facebook groups, but I do not want to encourage anyone. It was my choice and I took the responsibility.
I did one mistake though during the refeeding (which is still going on) is that I ate some boiled beans as vegans were very keen to recommend it to me as a source of protein. It gave me serious indegestion on day 5-6-7 and acid reflux, but I stopped the beans totally and feeling so much better. Nowdays the yoghurt, eggs, fruits and some vegetables are doing great to me.

Serotonin is super high during and after fasting, beans/legumes/starch etc will all cause even more digestion distress as they can increase serotonin further, I would stick with fruit like oranges or cherries etc.

freefl0w
08-02-2017, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the useful tip. Imo paleo is right and legumes are not for human consumption, too bad I like green beans so much, so will eat it once a month.

Cdsnuts
08-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the useful tip. Imo paleo is right and legumes are not for human consumption, too bad I like green beans so much, so will eat it once a month.

Even thought they are not on the "diet" per se, I've found that if you eat snap peas before the seeds have a chance to develop, there is little to no digestive discomfort. If you love them that much, try those. They are used in alot of asian foods.

freefl0w
08-03-2017, 12:44 AM
Thanks, I guess a small amount doesnt hurt from either beans, snap peas, green beans etc, yesterday I ate boiled corn as its popular in my country and my family and friends grow a lot. After the small amount had no problems, but for dinner I ate more than 100gs and felt the discomfort and stress in the stomach. I will cut this out too, paleo says no corn.
The problem is paleo says no rice as well, but as far as I know, rice is easy to digest and is only condemned because of its glycemic index. After training it should pose no problems for me, high GI will be good.

freefl0w
08-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Guys, I got an unopened batch of tongkat ali, its 10 gramms and still from the superman herbs era. Anybody up for swapping a herb? I would need more herb for my rotation and my finances are tight, would love to swap with someone, price doesnt even have to match.
I will exchange even for lower cost herb too from Lost empire herbs. My herbs are kept in the fridge and it works just as well as the freshly ordered ones.

Thanks if someone can help me out :)