PDA

View Full Version : Desperate !

FFin
07-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Hi guys,

To make it fast, i took ONE pill of finasteride late January, crashed heavily. And since then i'm a zombie.

My ED is better, i can have sex, but i still have heavy fatigue, lethargy, anxiety and depression, suicidal toughts.

I don't know if i ever will recover.

Here are my latest labs :

Lh 0.9
Fsh 1.5
Total t : 226
Tsh 0.33 (0.4-3)
T3 3.12 (2.17-3.3)
T4 12.9 (7-16)

I had panic attacks prior to Finasteride but nothing as hellish !

Currently i'm on Effexor 75mg per day. But it doesnt help.

I also take 5a-DHP.

Sploicers
07-20-2017, 10:15 AM
You must be extremely sensitive to any kind of hormonal changes. Taking 1 pill is a bit nuts.

Follow the protocol. Total Male Optimization (http://www.totalmaleoptimization.com/).

Theres enough people here to vouch that you can recover. Drop the anxiety. Does thinking about your situation change your situation at all? No. Focus on the improvements, that will head you in the right direction. 2-3 weeks ago my dick wouldnt work at all. Now I get reactions and can get horny from no manual stimulation. It works, but I dived in 100%. Completely changed my life. You cannot half-ass this. Decide what it's worth to you and change appropriately.

From what ive seen, the mental problems can be fixed with the right attitude and go away before the physical. So you are in good space right now for recovery. The fact that you can have sex shows that. Also, labs without units arent helpful. is that ng/dl? Anyway, labs shouldnt be looked at for recovery. Maybe track progress with it, but some people have testosterone as low as 350 naturally and function just fine.

FFin
07-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Yes it is 226 ng/dl so low low low

Sploicers
07-20-2017, 10:46 AM
Mister Mal started the protocol at 190. So you arent the worst here. He's actually almost 100% recovered. Look at his thread.

Master Mal
07-20-2017, 06:32 PM
Alright buddy. Bad news is you're in a bit of a tiffle. Good news is you know how to get out of it.

All of us, me included, know exactly how you feel. You're gonna be just fine. Just hop on the protocol and you'll be okay. Work hard and you'll be okay in no time.

K8668B
07-20-2017, 06:47 PM
Those good ole' deceitful testosterone levels again... gotta love them ;)

Agreed with what other members. Just go along with the protocol. Ive been at it for a few months now. I have already healed the all the sides except for the sexual. And i started the protocol with total testosterone levels in the 600s. It shows you how meaningless labs are, and that doing this protocol will heal you and better your life in general.

FFin
07-21-2017, 12:45 AM
I have crying spells everyday since one week

FFin
07-21-2017, 01:17 AM
@Master Mal where you able to function with such low levels ?

Snell1234
07-21-2017, 05:56 AM
I can beat you on those levels. My test at its worst was 116. I haven't measured for a couple of years now but it would be a lot higher than that now.

Jump on the protocol and it will all improve. And get off the effexor - that is counter productive.

FFin
07-21-2017, 07:02 AM
Where you also fucking depressed at those levels ?
For the moment i cannot function without Effexor

Snell1234
07-21-2017, 07:12 AM
I think it's natural to be depressed by our situation, but i view it as situational depression versus clinical depression. This might sound like tough talk, but your attitude needs to be one of getting out of it instead of focusing on how bad things are.

Trust me, I know how bad things are. If you can ween yourself off Effexor, that would be good for you.

Swill
07-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Welcome.

We get how bad you feel and how hard things are initially, we have literally ALL been there, but this board isn't one that focuses on how bad off we are and the negative.

We are far more interested in how to get better and the positive improvements that can be made. The first thing you need to work on is your mindset changing, then you can run at this thing and you'll be a load better in no time.

Jump on the protocol and stop freaking yourself out man, get ownership of the situation. Good luck.

Master Mal
07-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Where you also fucking depressed at those levels ?
For the moment i cannot function without Effexor

Yes. There were a few months there where I'd stay up all night sobbing having panic attacks. I couldn't breathe. I have no idea how my girlfriend hung in there.

I went on Wellburtrin, myself. Was on it about six months, but I got off of it about a month and a half ago.

I also was very suicidal to the point where my parents paid for me to see a therapist. I do not see her anymore because I'm pretty okay now.

Sploicers
07-21-2017, 01:30 PM
The more you surround yourself with negative thoughts the more they are going to pierce into your body and affect how you live/heal. Get off the negative mindset. Easier said than done, but you need to do it.

Every single one of us can testify that we are better everyday.

CSM25
07-22-2017, 06:15 PM
Hi, Just as a note please be extremely cautious with Effexor.
I am 30. Long before taking fin, I took Effexor (19 or 20). It turned me from a good student and optimistic in life to a train-wreck.
I was misdiagnosed and treated with the wrong class of meds (a common occurrence in psychiatry). It doesn't happen to everyone, but many years later,
I realize the only "meds" for me are stimulants (for my ADHD) and my inhalers, basically. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder...

6 years later ADHD, a few years later BPII (which also has terrible meds). I am not saying this is anything close to what you are suffering from, but just that I've seen a lot of people suffer from SSRI's and SNRI's both in person and online. So please make sure you are diagnosed correctly, and consider if you really need it or if the meds are making you feel you need it. I thought I did... and up until a small stint on a mood stabilizer and finasteride, that was the worst mistake I ever made.

Edit: I'm just saying to be careful... if you're taking it due to Finasteride - likely this is completely different than why I took it, although I did take accutane as a teen for 2 months and a couple years later, I did take Effexor (I was a bit naive then).

I had to rebuild my entire life from scratch, with some help of family thank God after 6mo-1 year on it. (Effexor XR)

Cdsnuts
07-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Ditch the meds.

Detox...juice feast or water fast.

This is the first thing you NEED to do. The longer, the better.

FFin
07-25-2017, 02:46 AM
Hi, Just as a note please be extremely cautious with Effexor.
I am 30. Long before taking fin, I took Effexor (19 or 20). It turned me from a good student and optimistic in life to a train-wreck.
I was misdiagnosed and treated with the wrong class of meds (a common occurrence in psychiatry). It doesn't happen to everyone, but many years later,
I realize the only "meds" for me are stimulants (for my ADHD) and my inhalers, basically. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder...

6 years later ADHD, a few years later BPII (which also has terrible meds). I am not saying this is anything close to what you are suffering from, but just that I've seen a lot of people suffer from SSRI's and SNRI's both in person and online. So please make sure you are diagnosed correctly, and consider if you really need it or if the meds are making you feel you need it. I thought I did... and up until a small stint on a mood stabilizer and finasteride, that was the worst mistake I ever made.

Edit: I'm just saying to be careful... if you're taking it due to Finasteride - likely this is completely different than why I took it, although I did take accutane as a teen for 2 months and a couple years later, I did take Effexor (I was a bit naive then).

I had to rebuild my entire life from scratch, with some help of family thank God after 6mo-1 year on it. (Effexor XR)

I was diagnosed with GAD 10 years ago and took Effexor for 8 years.
What is your diagnostic ? BPII ?

Finasteride made me crash heavily, and my test is low, but i hope my past anxiety was due to low T.

- - - Updated - - -

Ditch the meds.

Detox...juice feast or water fast.

This is the first thing you NEED to do. The longer, the better.

Yes but i cannot function without it, i cannot even work

Cdsnuts
07-25-2017, 01:16 PM
I was diagnosed with GAD 10 years ago and took Effexor for 8 years.
What is your diagnostic ? BPII ?

Finasteride made me crash heavily, and my test is low, but i hope my past anxiety was due to low T.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but i cannot function without it, i cannot even work
What is your purpose of being on this forum?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FFin
07-26-2017, 12:48 AM
What is your purpose of being on this forum?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

To cure the mess finasteride made !

FFin
07-30-2017, 07:39 AM
How many of you had suicidal toughts and how long did it last ?

Swill
07-30-2017, 07:40 AM
Yes, and it lasts as long as you let it and until you take control of your situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFin
07-30-2017, 07:59 AM
5 months...loosing my mind

Swill
07-30-2017, 08:02 AM
You don't have to. Follow what's laid out for you in the protocol and start doing something productive and reclaiming your health. It's all laid out for you. You just have to want it enough to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdsnuts
07-31-2017, 12:05 PM
To cure the mess finasteride made !

Okay.... in order to do that, you're going to have to get off all pharmaceutical medications.......all of them. You're not going to fully heal until you make that transition.

The best thing some one can do in your position is to CLEANSE.

Cdsnuts
07-31-2017, 12:09 PM
How many of you had suicidal toughts and how long did it last ?

Listen....ALL of us have had them.

But this board isn't for talking about them. This board is for talking about how to NOT have them anymore and become the best version of yourself you can possibly be.

I am not going to let this board turn into another shit hole of depression and complaining. I get where you're at.....we ALL get where you're at.

The sooner you do something about it, the sooner you'll feel better. I can tell you from personal experience, the first thing to get better were the horrible thoughts. It will happen DURING your cleanse of choice. A healthy brain doesn't think thoughts like that.

Let's start talking about what cleanse you're going to do to get yourself fixed.

You need to change your mindset and you need to do it now. The quickest way to do that is to get the system clean.

Sploicers
07-31-2017, 08:10 PM
FFin,

I had a gun to my head with the shell in my hand ready to be loaded. You/I are not different than anyone one else with this condition. Here's where the path diverges: you can A) Feel sorry for yourself and wallow in self loathing/pity for the next 'x' number of years or B) accept what you did, COME TO TERMS WITH IT, and FIGHT for recovery.

I recommend B. I started this a month ago, and I am already seeing permanent gains.

I was skeptical. My first posts asked about how long it took guys to recover. Its natural. But after those posts I moved on and geared myself for this journey and you know what? Its surprisingly fun. Makes me feel young again. When was the last time in your life where every single day you got better? I make bets on which symptom I lose next, and its super REWARDING when I get there.

Maxout777
07-31-2017, 08:54 PM
You know what you need to do. Luckily, there's nothing that can stop you once you take that first step forward. Nothing but fresh air and a new beginning. There ain't no traffic along the extra mile. Get out there - and out of your own head.

CSM25
07-31-2017, 09:29 PM
Please keep in mind. My life is better without nearly any psyche med.
No antidepressants, no mood stabilizer etc. Even the ONE kind I like that worked well with my brain chemistry - I know its gotta be avoided for now.

I think they don't know what to label people, and we are ALL so much more than our labels.
For now, if you can safely withdraw - drugs aren't the answer. BUT I do know my life went to hell on and after it. Be with family, if you can drop it. AND seek a psychiatrist that employs talk therapy or a psychologist.
IF you can ditch it - please taper. Not doing so can be extremely dangerous for some.

FFin
08-01-2017, 01:08 AM
I started paleo diet yesterday : today digestion is better.
Started meditation too.
Will order some herbs.

My type of PFS is weird, i have low T, low E2, low DHT.