PDA

View Full Version : Muscle wastage

road to recover
07-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Did any of you guys get muscle wastage when you crashed or since? I specifically use the word wastage rather than loss, I'm talking up to twenty pounds of muscle off my arms, butt, shoulders and thighs. I have had all the sides but some like fatigue, insomnia and depression have faded but I never put back on muscle just central fat. My legs are like a woman's, and I have no ass so jeans fall down somewhat.

I know English did and some of his advice was helpful, but obviously one of his solutions to this was not to hang around places like here so I couldn't get clarity on a lot of things. I was never a gym rat so going into one in this state and not knowing what to do is more than a little intimidating. I've been doing squats (without weights), what else can build me up? I need to know how to approach this in order to fully implement the protocol with the strength building aspect.

Sploicers
07-21-2017, 01:37 PM
You need to go to the gym. I know its intimidating, but you just push through. Every guy I have EVER met in the gym, looks at new people with respect. I know I do as well. Everyone thinks they are going to try to intimidate you but they really wont. Go in there after reading some exercises online, look at what other people are doing and copy.

You need to use weights to put on bulk mass. Warm up and then start using enough weight where you fail at 8 reps. Slowly you will get there.

You wont put on any good muscle using body mass (at least from my experience). Seriously, you start to love the gym.

Also, if you aren making a stupid face at the end of rep 8 because its so hard, you arent pushing yourself enough :)

Maxout777
07-21-2017, 04:18 PM
You need to go to the gym. I know its intimidating, but you just push through. Every guy I have EVER met in the gym, looks at new people with respect. I know I do as well. Everyone thinks they are going to try to intimidate you but they really wont. Go in there after reading some exercises online, look at what other people are doing and copy.

You need to use weights to put on bulk mass. Warm up and then start using enough weight where you fail at 8 reps. Slowly you will get there.

You wont put on any good muscle using body mass (at least from my experience). Seriously, you start to love the gym.

Also, if you aren making a stupid face at the end of rep 8 because its so hard, you arent pushing yourself enough :)

Yeah - this is great advice here. Can't say it any better.

I had muscle wastage, now I have the most muscle mass I've ever had. You'll get in it, what you put in it, every time.

Swill
07-22-2017, 01:23 AM
And dont be afraid to ask the more experienced guys there for help if you feel you're not getting something or if you're interested in what they are doing/why they're doing it. The gym I go to is an MMA gym in the basement of a 200 year old building with low ceilings and a boxing ring in the corner and a lot of big guys, its like something out of a rocky montage, and lots of people in my hometown are intimidated by it.

But in my experience these guys are more than happy to help you with anything you ask and are great guys, far more so than the local 'globogym' high tech facility we have where there is a much different vibe.

Just throw yourself in man and in no time you'll be far more knowledgeable and wondering why you were nervous to start with.

Zerolibido
07-29-2023, 03:43 AM
If I'd listened to this advice it might have helped me recover fully.

Zerolibido
07-29-2023, 04:05 AM
I nr 've r understood phrases !one pump was never a gym guy just used dumb bells still put mass.back.on