PDA

View Full Version : RE: Beginning Regiment - Can I eventually use Coffee and Stimulants again.

CSM25
07-22-2017, 11:54 PM
I am unfortunately suffering with what I believe is PFS.
I took it for 120-130 days Jan 18th 2017 till May some time.
I took it around the same time I trialled a medication called Lamictal/Lamotrigine.
I have a dual diagnosis of ADHD/(something worse). I was dx with ADHD at 26 it was pretty damn obvious. I was a fool for missing it.

I like ADHD meds but hate 3/4 of them... As they caused hair loss. I eventually tried it with spiro cream and it probably saved my degree (and hard work and ignoring the bullshit).

Anyways.... I did very badly on Lamictal, in terms of side effects. Hair Loss was extreme Hence, I switched from one generic to the next.
Trying to avoid excipients like Lactose, I switched around brands.

I tried it in September 2016 till October. And on and off till April's end. And I was on Finasteride till May.

Incidentally, Lamicta which was used for mood and anxiety and depression, but the hair loss was maddening.

I was in a "Catch-22" situation, and thought I'd help myself... I lost hair with the Lamictal, wanted to keep its benefits and added finasteride* and later minoxidil* --> substantially worsening my issues.

-Previously I was on Asthma inhalers, Dexedrine, and S5 (Spiro cream for hair -- and it worked for my then minor loss.
-This became Inhalers (fine), Finasteride (poison), Lamictal (fine if it wasn't for hair loss), and CBD, Medical marijuana, other stuff I tried occassionally. Mostly my probs were finasteride tho... taken for vanity of course. I was fine before this, at least looks wise and physically (inside probably never have been "fine").

If I follow the Regiment/ outline a.k.a.'s Cdnut's Outline.... Can I eventually use Dexedrine (my ADHD medication again)?

While I hate pharma... and it's ruined my life at times (from late teens to 21 years old -- Effexor) and more recently... there are exceptions for me.

I feel ADHD meds were a godsend in many ways. My ADHD is pretty severe.
I am trying a brief water fast right now. I've been doing intermittent fasting with increased intensity much of the last decade. And it helped me get lean and fitter. I lost 70lb between 16 and 18 years old.

I know many don't believe in ADHD - but stimulants are some of the only drugs that have ever helped me. If I was on them instead of being misdiagnosed, I'd be 5-7 years ahead of where I am right now. My misdiagnosis when I was 20 years old was near fatal in effect.

Now, I'm dealing with PFS too.... I'll try a water fast 10 days or so. Then cycle the herbs I can afford for now (perhaps 4-5), and then reintroduce food slowly, starting with vegetables and then more Meat + Fats + Veg. That's usually what I ate, I think relatively close to Paleo. Although I always kept carbs low... but may need them as I just had stomach surgery (an abdominoplasty)... and I need to add a lot of weight.

Has anyone recovered and started to use a legitimately necessary Psychiatric or Cognitive medication like ADHD stimulants?
-Can I recover from PFS and use Dexedrine, Nicotine (vaping!), Caffeine at the same time or at least eventually.

I regret to inform you... but even before finasteride - I was a mess...In a way Stimulants saved my life from illegal drugs and mediocrity... and terrible self-destruction (but its not enough... Hence why I tried the mood stabilizer to fight my dual diagnosis,

Sploicers
07-23-2017, 06:57 AM
I had legitimate ADHD as well and took the necessary drugs for it. Did it in college as well. Nicotine and caffeine are actually 5ar expressers so they are technically good for you at this spot.

Anyhoo, unless CD thinks otherwise, when he says recovered, he means recovered. People go back to eating bad shit for them, drinking etc... I dont see why taking adhd meds would be any different.

Cdsnuts
07-24-2017, 04:08 PM
It's no different.

For someone who has several issues such as this, the BEST thing that you can possibly do is to go on an extended juice feast/water fast. If you can't fast in a supervised setting, then juice feast.....start out with a month.

It's going to be tough at first, but nothing quiets the mind like a nice long juice feast.

You also need to focus on breathing and meditation. Several times a day.

CSM25
10-11-2017, 07:33 PM
I am just wondering -- inhalers are fine right? I've had exercise-induced asthma since childhood. I can workout a lot when healthy, with the aid of inhalers.
I was using flovent and apo-salvent, now it's just Zenhale (only one).

Is it fine to use inhalers while doing the protocol?

Cdsnuts
10-12-2017, 05:46 AM
I am just wondering -- inhalers are fine right? I've had exercise-induced asthma since childhood. I can workout a lot when healthy, with the aid of inhalers.
I was using flovent and apo-salvent, now it's just Zenhale (only one).

Is it fine to use inhalers while doing the protocol?

Just curious.

What have you done protocol wise since July?

Obviously if you need inhalers to live it would be fool hardy to say otherwise. The bottom line is that something is causing your pulmonary issues to begin with that should be addressed. I believe the protocol would address any underlying food allergies that some people may have getting rid of many un-necessary symptoms.

But really, you don't have a choice but to use them during the protocol. It's not like you can stop breathing for any extended period of time.

CSM25
10-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Hi Cd, tbh I was feeling extremely down. It's been very hard to reconcile my errors. I am super against meds... and I can't believe I trialled a bipolar med (whether I fit the criteria or not, I can't tolerate most psyche meds) and ruined my hair. Then took the hair med and ruined my face and life, personality, happiness. I graduated my degree sitn v late despite being very intelligent, in part due to my school and in part due to things going wrong with misdiagnosis/mistreatment. I put it together, started doing well, added ADHD meds and was succeeding like never before. Still struggled. But I made a huge mistake accepting "treatment" for bipolar, though it was relatively innocuous. It set me back major at a critical time in my life, career, and self-sufficiency wise.

I recently had an abdominoplasty and I could barely get the bloodwork I was so tired, I wanted to fix that issue for 12 years. And I thought then nothing could stop me, until recent med mishaps (Lamictal and bc of it and hair loss - fin*).

I have done nearly paleo since August started. I have drank a few times but will stop. I left my apartment and temporarily have moved back home. I have around 5 L of juiced veggies in my fridge and will start day 1 of 14. I am ordering herbs tonight as well. I just made the move back home for a bit. I will work here, lay low, and work the protocol.

jacknap
10-13-2017, 06:56 PM
i heard lithium oratate is super great for bipolar disorder. thinking of trying it myself for mood stabilization. it's simply a salt that our soil is now deprived in. small doses like 5mg

CSM25
10-14-2017, 02:40 PM
I hope to recover and then get back on Dex later, after recovery.
I tried Lithium orotate when I had already been harmed by fin and didn't know what was happening. I wish I skipped the real meds for bipolar (I took like a baby's dose !) and just tried lithium orotate, then I would not have tried fin. BUT what's done is done -- its not the end.
For now, I'm doing no pharmaceuticals except my puffers (inhaler)

Honestly, I felt like a grown up and running on all cylinders for once with dex. But I have gotten there before with running and working out. Working out, intermittent fasting, and dex was great for me and e-cigs. But, yeah - no substances, until I'm largely recovered. I am on day 2 of my juice fast. Celery and green juices, ginger, and apple, beats, etc.

@Jacknap, if you are interested in Lithium Orotate you may be interested in this:
This guy claims to have a PhD and really is unaccredited. But, has some good info I think. I tried CBD prescribed too, but I think I need to focus on beating PFS first. My symptoms are quite bad.

https://www.marsvenus.com/p/ar500-lithium-orotate

Can I begin some daily herbs while juice feasting? Like the spirulina and chlorella, and some T-boosting herbs? Or should I wait till the end of my juice feast. I am hoping to go two weeks.

CSM25
10-14-2017, 03:09 PM
Honestly, my asthma was supposedly out of control for many years.
But, that was long before going on dex. I got in the best shape of my life, while on it. In part that was due to an awesome gym and trainers I had and of course motivation.
I fell off once I began Fin. Honestly it made me very isolated and sapped my motivation. I tried to reason out a solution between lamictal and fin.
But, Fin made lamictal not work, probably due to some neurosteroid depletion (Gaba, Allopregnalone effects).

The only thing that kept my asthma really under control was cardio and HIIT. I injured both my knees -- or had cartilage breakdown, so I switched to more weights and functional training for a time. I recently moved cities (temporarily) and will slowly start up on the treadmill and then rejoin a gym.

Cdsnuts
10-15-2017, 03:09 PM
I hope to recover and then get back on Dex later, after recovery.
I tried Lithium orotate when I had already been harmed by fin and didn't know what was happening. I wish I skipped the real meds for bipolar (I took like a baby's dose !) and just tried lithium orotate, then I would not have tried fin. BUT what's done is done -- its not the end.
For now, I'm doing no pharmaceuticals except my puffers (inhaler)

Honestly, I felt like a grown up and running on all cylinders for once with dex. But I have gotten there before with running and working out. Working out, intermittent fasting, and dex was great for me and e-cigs. But, yeah - no substances, until I'm largely recovered. I am on day 2 of my juice fast. Celery and green juices, ginger, and apple, beats, etc.

@Jacknap, if you are interested in Lithium Orotate you may be interested in this:
This guy claims to have a PhD and really is unaccredited. But, has some good info I think. I tried CBD prescribed too, but I think I need to focus on beating PFS first. My symptoms are quite bad.

https://www.marsvenus.com/p/ar500-lithium-orotate

Can I begin some daily herbs while juice feasting? Like the spirulina and chlorella, and some T-boosting herbs? Or should I wait till the end of my juice feast. I am hoping to go two weeks.

Do some reading on this forum.

The only thing you take in during a cleanse is either juice or water. That's it. The time for building yourself back up will come after this.