PDA

View Full Version : A very important piece to my puzzle

Ridd
07-30-2017, 03:21 PM
Hey guys, so I know that my adrenal glands are probably my biggest weakness here. I experienced what was probably considered adrenal failure/crisis when I crashed in february. Identical symptoms where I couldn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time for a week and couldn't handle any amount of stress or sugar without my body going into shutdown mode. It was pretty fucked.

Knowing this Ive done a lot to improve my adrenals. Recently, I haven't been doing too well. I work late, all my friends stay up late, and the night has always agreed with me.

However, my libido and EQ has been shit lately. I recently looked back at my log after my february incident and noticed that I was getting morning wood and improving EQ. It stopped after I started staying up later and later.

Even though I've been getting 8 hours of sleep, your adrenal glands are apparently super synced in with the world around you and according to the research i've done, they will suffer if you aren't asleep before 11. I couldn't find a lot of studies based on this, but anecdotally, it's a huge piece of the puzzle for recovering the adrenals, which I'm guessing many of us have issues with, along with the entire HPA axis. Lemee know if yall see any good peer reviewed work on this stuff, i'll keep looking.

After getting to bed at a recent hour the last couple nights, like a switch was turned on, I started getting morning wood again. My libido isn't back yet, but I'll keep another log on how my sexual health is doing, as it's pretty apparent that my adrenals need to be resting after 10pm, and they are most happy when I wake up around 8. It's the most challenging thing for me, but I think it's just as necessary as anything in the protocol and can help everyone here, even though it's already suggested. I think the importance needs to be emphasized. The adrenals regulate stress, blood sugar, and hormones, including all the shit that's often out of balance for us.

Anyone else have experience with this?

K8668B
07-30-2017, 05:46 PM
Hell yeah!!!

For sure! The adrenals have been my weakest point since PFS. Everything else with me now, even my digestive system, seems great, but the adrenals have been lagging lately. And the whole time. Even they have gotten better, but if i dont get a good night sleep, then its not good. But the last few days, my sleep has been terrible due to my schedule. i try to be in bed super early too. lately ive been getting to bed around 1130pm though. trying to make it earlier. preferably 10pm-7am ish

K8668B
07-30-2017, 06:11 PM
Sleep is literally everything in my opinion! How you feel is everything. The sleep is like day and night... it truly controls how you feel, and your mind and perception on things in general.

Ridd
07-30-2017, 08:44 PM
Sleep is literally everything in my opinion! How you feel is everything. The sleep is like day and night... it truly controls how you feel, and your mind and perception on things in general.

yeah, I was a fool to believe that I was still ok falling asleep past 3am every night even though I was getting 8 hours. It's crazy how in tune our body is to our surrounding. I don't think there's a lot of scientific evidence on it, which is why this didn't appear to be a bigger deal to me until now, but the anecdotal evidence is clear. getting to bed before 11 is absolutely necessary for recovery and you're right, I think sleep is the most important thing in this, and definitely the thing I struggle with most.

it's funny, my digestive health is the best it's ever been too, and my hair skin and nails are actually healthy for once in my life. I don't even think my hair loss was genetic at this point haha.

jacknap
07-30-2017, 09:42 PM
yo guys pretty sure i have pfs as well from ru58841 will post my story eventually but yah i struggle with this as well. going to bed now.

all my friends too are night owls and i used to go to bed at 3am before the crash.

there's a chinese cirdadian rhythm chart and it shows how the rhythm of our bodys go with the sun eg) 3am is the time of the liver and stuff. simple google image search will show it.

looking forward to recovering with you guys. gn :)

Holistic
07-31-2017, 07:14 AM
Hey guys, so I know that my adrenal glands are probably my biggest weakness here. I experienced what was probably considered adrenal failure/crisis when I crashed in february. Identical symptoms where I couldn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time for a week and couldn't handle any amount of stress or sugar without my body going into shutdown mode. It was pretty fucked.

Knowing this Ive done a lot to improve my adrenals. Recently, I haven't been doing too well. I work late, all my friends stay up late, and the night has always agreed with me.

However, my libido and EQ has been shit lately. I recently looked back at my log after my february incident and noticed that I was getting morning wood and improving EQ. It stopped after I started staying up later and later.

Even though I've been getting 8 hours of sleep, your adrenal glands are apparently super synced in with the world around you and according to the research i've done, they will suffer if you aren't asleep before 11. I couldn't find a lot of studies based on this, but anecdotally, it's a huge piece of the puzzle for recovering the adrenals, which I'm guessing many of us have issues with, along with the entire HPA axis. Lemee know if yall see any good peer reviewed work on this stuff, i'll keep looking.

After getting to bed at a recent hour the last couple nights, like a switch was turned on, I started getting morning wood again. My libido isn't back yet, but I'll keep another log on how my sexual health is doing, as it's pretty apparent that my adrenals need to be resting after 10pm, and they are most happy when I wake up around 8. It's the most challenging thing for me, but I think it's just as necessary as anything in the protocol and can help everyone here, even though it's already suggested. I think the importance needs to be emphasized. The adrenals regulate stress, blood sugar, and hormones, including all the shit that's often out of balance for us.

Anyone else have experience with this?

Adressing and fixing the adrenals is one of the most important things for us to do. Any of you guys have eye floaters? Guess what it is most probably due to adrenals. What you say is right, not only is about getting enough sleep but getting it in the right hours. I read somewhere that the adrenals "recharge" between 10pm and - 12am, so one needs to be asleep before that time to get those 2 hours of recovery. Also the wake up time matters. By 6:00- 6:30am one should wake up, I cant recall the reason for it but it was also related with adrenals and cortisol. There is also food and supplements to boost the adrenal recovery, check youtube. The resting part sounds really easy to do, however I am struggling with it. All my life I have been a night person, but that will change.

Ridd
07-31-2017, 12:30 PM
Adressing and fixing the adrenals is one of the most important things for us to do. Any of you guys have eye floaters? Guess what it is most probably due to adrenals. What you say is right, not only is about getting enough sleep but getting it in the right hours. I read somewhere that the adrenals "recharge" between 10pm and - 12am, so one needs to be asleep before that time to get those 2 hours of recovery. Also the wake up time matters. By 6:00- 6:30am one should wake up, I cant recall the reason for it but it was also related with adrenals and cortisol. There is also food and supplements to boost the adrenal recovery, check youtube. The resting part sounds really easy to do, however I am struggling with it. All my life I have been a night person, but that will change.

that's funny, right after my crash I got more eye floaters. what's the significance?

I really wonder how much of this percentage wise is just adrenal collapse/exhaustion. All of our sides could be explained by failing adrenal glands, sex health to digestive to hormonal balance and stress.

K8668B
07-31-2017, 02:40 PM
Its all in the adrenals solely... at least for me, personally. (it seems). This is pure gold right here! We really need to make this a top priority. I had a good rhythm going with that for awhile, but ive been slipping in the past few weeks!

Ridd
07-31-2017, 05:37 PM
Its all in the adrenals solely... at least for me, personally. (it seems). This is pure gold right here! We really need to make this a top priority. I had a good rhythm going with that for awhile, but ive been slipping in the past few weeks!

yeah I think it's also highly related to vitamin d/sunlight play a big role too for balancing us out. been feeling absolutely amazing since waking up early, getting a lot of sun, good diet and rest. it's like night and day. lol no pun intended.

K8668B
07-31-2017, 06:09 PM
yeah I think it's also highly related to vitamin d/sunlight play a big role too for balancing us out. been feeling absolutely amazing since waking up early, getting a lot of sun, good diet and rest. it's like night and day. lol no pun intended.

Hahaha for sure!

Before i started this protocol, i even had a condition known as "non-24 sleep disorder", which is basically when ones sleep clock rotates around the whole 24 hour clock. it usually would shift 30 minutes to an hour each day. I only had this occasionally though, due to certain lifestyle choices, and lack of discipline, priorities, etc at times. I basically have cured this through the protocol with ease. I havent had this problem in about 5 months almost. Part of the cause of it was due to simply overworking the digestive system, therefore taxing the adrenals. Im still on a good track, but lately ive been slipping slightly, and i need to fight it, as im doing right now.

Most definitely this is a huge part towards recovery! Very important

jacknap
07-31-2017, 06:24 PM
I remember reading that when dis-ease happens typically our weakest system gets hit the hardest.

I made friends with a pfser who basically got 90% with hydrocortisone + remeron. he was able to ditch the hydrocortisone after just a month and remeron gave him sleep.
he was bed ridden for months.

my cortisol was sky high first time I tested and I've been using rhodiola, ashwagandha, eleuthro, amla berry and cutting out stims and I do get a lot less panic attacks and my energy is better so hopefully this is an upward trend.

a guy who fully recovered tackled the problem as an adrenal problem on PH named Mitch and fully recovered.

I'm not sure what it is all full recoveries have their own theory might be a blend. Chi = Gut. Cdnuts = neurological. mitch = adrenal random foreign dude on solvepfs = liver.

It's probably a little mix of everything and the weakest point of our bodies is what gets hit the hardest. Personally to me it feels mostly neurological as cdnuts said which causes the cascade to all else and it's also probably why it's so hard for medical doctors to cure cause the brain is complex.

the good news is it's just a small part of the brain that might have been damaged so neuroplasticity should be able to take care of it with help of the protocol. the bad news is it's your manhood so when it's at it's worst it sucks hell.

Maxout777
07-31-2017, 08:59 PM
I remember reading that when dis-ease happens typically our weakest system gets hit the hardest.

I made friends with a pfser who basically got 90% with hydrocortisone + remeron. he was able to ditch the hydrocortisone after just a month and remeron gave him sleep.

my cortisol was sky high first time I tested and I've been using rhodiola, ashwagandha, eleuthro, amla berry and cutting out stims and I do get a lot less panic attacks and my energy is better so hopefully this is an upward trend.

a guy who fully recovered tackled the problem as an adrenal problem on PH named Mitch and fully recovered.

I'm not sure what it is all full recoveries have their own theory might be a blend. Chi = Gut. Cdnuts = neurological. mitch = adrenal random foreign dude on solvepfs = liver.

It's probably a little mix of everything and the weakest point of our bodies is what gets hit the hardest. Personally to me it feels mostly neurological as cdnuts said which causes the cascade to all else and it's also probably why it's so hard for medical doctors to cure cause the brain is complex.

the good news is it's just a small part of the brain that might have been damaged so neuroplasticity should be able to take care of it with help of the protocol. the bad news is it's your manhood so when it's at it's worst it sucks hell.

It's a holistic problem. Like anything else - fix that which all avenues have in common, and you'll arrive at the desired endpoint.

Holistic
07-31-2017, 09:11 PM

Always bear in mind that none of those systems are disconnected from the others. Brain, gut, hormones, mood and a myriad of other aspects are intrinsically connected, you don't fix just one area, you need to fix em all. That is the core of CDs protocol.

Ridd
08-02-2017, 12:10 PM
Always bear in mind that none of those systems are disconnected from the others. Brain, gut, hormones, mood and a myriad of other aspects are intrinsically connected, you don't fix just one area, you need to fix em all. That is the core of CDs protocol.

yeah this is definitely a multi system failure. I think my adrenals are keeping me down and my gut/liver are probably getting healthy for the first time in life, but comparatively speaking, I think I got it pretty good. I don't think anyone is unable to recover with the proper protocol, but there's definitely guys out there who get a crash, usually off nothing, and can bounce back pretty quick, like in my case and a few others here.

I actually think I had stage 4 adrenal failure back in february though, after reading adrenal fatigue info by dr lam.

it's just a matter of severity/number of symptoms against how much stuff you may have out of balance.

Ridd
08-02-2017, 12:12 PM
additionally, I've only been able to sleep about 4 hours at a time (anyone know what this is about? resetting sleep schedule i'm sure is part of it) but every morning after getting in bed early (before 12) I wake up with a rager usually. pre-sp rager. definitely indicative of needing that complete homeostasis. Can't believe I've been staying up until 3am for the last few months and setting myself back like that.

anyways, onwards and upwards.