PDA

View Full Version : Bacopa and SSRI ?

FFin
08-10-2017, 04:00 AM
Hi,

I ordred pine pollen, tongkat, he shou wou, and bacopa but was wondering, is it safe to take bacopa while on SSRI ?

I want to take it to come off all meds.

Thanks

jjbradley2211
08-10-2017, 04:51 AM
Have you asked your prescriber about it? They will probably give you the best answer....but my answer would be to not really mess with any of the mind herbs til I got off of the SSRI.....your brain chemistry is very fragile while on those drugs

Maxout777
08-10-2017, 09:52 AM
If you're still on an SSRI, I wouldn't waste money by taking any of the herbs currently. That's like putting gas in a car with a leaky tank, it's just gonna be a waste. Get off the SSRI (safely), cleanse to remove it from your system, and then start the normal regimen recommended here.

Juvo
08-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Exactly what maxout is saying. SSRIs are hormonal disruptors, big time. They just didn't tell you that. Whatever you do, don't cold turkey quit the medication either. Slowly taper off.....slowly. take it from someone who has PSSD, which ironically or coincidentally is functionally similar to PFS.

Bacopa has serotonergic effects. I wouldn't take it while on the SSRI. Cleanse and wait to add in the herbs and supplements.

Good luck and know you will be just fine without the Ssri.

Cdsnuts
08-11-2017, 06:26 PM
Ditch the pharms.

Cleanse.

Start the protocol.