PDA

View Full Version : Freepressright tries new Andro Shred by Muscle Gelz

Freepressright
08-10-2017, 06:38 AM
It is my pleasure to document my journey with the latest topical fat burner out there. I have had the good fortune of being comped a bottle of the new Andro Shred from Muscle Gelz, a truly unique blend of 7-keto DHEA, Phosphatidyl Serine (PS) and green tea, delivered in a topical carrier.

Like its predecessor, Andro Hard, this topical product literally dries in seconds without a ton of manual labor rubbing it in. Two days ago I applied my first four pumps in the morning after a shower. Unlike Andro Hard, this topical appears to have a more lotion-like appearance. Part of me wonders if a moisturizing component has been added to avoid excessive skin dryness that can be felt with some topicals.

There are no noxious odors to this compound, nor is there necessarily a fragrance. I applied the formula to my abdomen and upper trunk to allow for a wide delivery area.

I am not clear if this product has any local effect, or if the benefits are all systemic. Normally with a transdermal hormonal product, one would avoid the abdominal wall due to the enzymatic conversions leaning more to the estrogenic side in that area versus the upper trunk being more androgenic. But since the intended use of this compound is not androgenic hormonal benefits, I think one would be safe hitting the abs with it.

I find the formula truly fascinating. For years we have heard that 7-keto DHEA has thermogenic properties that could be realized if bioavailability was good. Given that oral bioavailability of most DHEA variants is in the single-digit percentile in plain powder form with no enhanced carrier, I cannot say that I’ve ever seen any benefits from oral versions of 7-keto in the past. It will be interesting to see what this blend does via topical administration.

The nice thing about 7-keto is that it does not have stimulant properties and should not put undue stress upon the Central Nervous System.

This product will be a bit of a throwback to the Primordial Performance days for me. Many people who were around when this now-defunct company sold its product called EndoAmp would remember the benefits of Phosphatidyl Serine upon cortisol levels and HTPA regulation. Primordial made a powdered version of a PS product with a pretty hefty dose.

Unfortunately, the product never agreed with my lower GI and it gave me terrible diarrhea. I am excited to see a topical formula so hopefully I can realize the benefits without the GI upset.

The incorporation of camellia senesis, better known simply as green tea, is also interesting to me. For years we have heard that it can burn fat. According to Muscle Gelz, it can help mobilize fat from fat cells and that the active compounds can boost the effects of other fat burning hormones.

I applied my first four pumps on 8/8/17, and another four later that night. I can’t say I felt anything the first day.

Yesterday I applied four pumps in the morning and another four in the afternoon. I thought perhaps I felt the beginning of a heating sensation in my center section, but nothing over the top. I believe transdermals take time to build up to a steady level in your system, and overall the delivery system is slow, smooth and consistent.

Today I applied some and am sitting down feeling a bit more heated in the core, perhaps. It’s hard to tell just yet if my mind is playing tricks on me. The proof will come in the workouts.

I am not much of a sweaty person by nature. It takes a hell of a lot to get me sweating. If I am sweating more easily, it will be a telltale sign if this product is doing its job.

Currently I am sitting at 13.8 percent bodyfat. The lowest I have ever been is 10.4. I will be using electronic bodyfat monitoring throughout the time I am on this and will be re-incorporating a lot of the HIIT training I’ve been neglecting the past few months.

Stay tuned for more updates and thanks for reading.

Maxout777
08-10-2017, 09:55 AM
In on this.....was checking into it about a month ago.

Freepressright
08-11-2017, 06:55 AM
Did shoulders last night. I might have sweat a little more than normal, but the gym was hot, so it's hard to tell.

Freepressright
08-14-2017, 07:45 AM
Did shoulders last night. I might have sweat a little more than normal, but the gym was hot, so it's hard to tell.

If my bodyfat monitoring is a reliable indicator, this product is working, faster than anticipated too I might add.

I noted in my opening post that I was 13.8 percent bodyfat. I check it regularly with a handheld monitor, at the same time of day. I have found it to be consistent and within about two percentage points of what things actually are.

When I checked my bodyfat on Saturday, I had dropped to 12.4 percent. My diet right now is not super strict, but it isn't horrible either. I am doing some HIIT cardio, but not necessarily an increased amount.

Strangely, I feel leaner and I feel drier. This morning I did 25 minutes of HIIT and can say I did feel hotter, but not by a huge margin. Definitely on the right track.

Maxout777
08-15-2017, 08:19 AM
Looks good so far. I need to lean out from my last cycle and this looks like a solid option to go with. Do you expect any suppression with TD 7-keto, FPR? Not familiar enough with the compound, so apologies if this is a stupid question lol.

Freepressright
08-15-2017, 11:05 AM
Looks good so far. I need to lean out from my last cycle and this looks like a solid option to go with. Do you expect any suppression with TD 7-keto, FPR? Not familiar enough with the compound, so apologies if this is a stupid question lol.

In theory, 7-keto is not supposed to have hormonal activity, per se. That's why 7-keto has been acceptable for use by women. However, there is an interesting effect to taking it transdermally. For whatever reason, it has me harder than even Andro Hard did, already, and I feel fuller/bigger, but in a good way.

I would not anticipate any hormonal suppression, but there's definitely some magic to this. The effect is so good that my wife has begun invading my comped bottle and I've had to order a new one so she can run it too.

Cdsnuts
08-15-2017, 02:02 PM
In theory, 7-keto is not supposed to have hormonal activity, per se. That's why 7-keto has been acceptable for use by women. However, there is an interesting effect to taking it transdermally. For whatever reason, it has me harder than even Andro Hard did, already, and I feel fuller/bigger, but in a good way.

I would not anticipate any hormonal suppression, but there's definitely some magic to this. The effect is so good that my wife has begun invading my comped bottle and I've had to order a new one so she can run it too.

Geez....they take everything.....even our hormones.....lol.

Maxout777
08-15-2017, 08:01 PM

Interesting. I think I may add it to my upcoming PCT just to give it a try.

Freepressright
08-16-2017, 06:47 AM
Geez....they take everything.....even our hormones.....lol.

LOL, true story.

Muscle Gelz is really onto something good with this new transdermal line. Oral bioavailability of 7-Keto DHEA is somewhere between 3 and 6 percent, as it is with most DHEA. Still yet, it is said to produce results even in oral form at the right dosage. Transdermal administration increases that amount by 10 to 20 percent. Muscle Gelz doses their actives VERY generously and gives you damn good bang for the buck. It's no wonder this compound is getting almost 100-percent satisfaction among the loggers and other people trying it.

This is a very interesting time for PHs in general. Alpha Gainz now has every DHEA isomer in Iron Legion Salvo. All those days I dreamed of Primordial Performance 1-T making a comeback are now coming true. I can re-build the stack easily with their 1-DHEA, 5-DHEA and Pregenolone. And a 19nor DHEA in transdermal form? Sign me the hell up!

Freepressright
08-17-2017, 07:10 AM
Kicked it up to six pumps this morning, and whew! I have scoliosis and do 3x daily trunk stretches to keep the curve and musculature in check. This morning I did them about an hour after applying, and I'm in my air conditioned office sweating through my clothing, off simple stretches. Definite thermogenic effect taking place.

Cdsnuts
08-17-2017, 01:56 PM
LOL, true story.

Muscle Gelz is really onto something good with this new transdermal line. Oral bioavailability of 7-Keto DHEA is somewhere between 3 and 6 percent, as it is with most DHEA. Still yet, it is said to produce results even in oral form at the right dosage. Transdermal administration increases that amount by 10 to 20 percent. Muscle Gelz doses their actives VERY generously and gives you damn good bang for the buck. It's no wonder this compound is getting almost 100-percent satisfaction among the loggers and other people trying it.

This is a very interesting time for PHs in general. Alpha Gainz now has every DHEA isomer in Iron Legion Salvo. All those days I dreamed of Primordial Performance 1-T making a comeback are now coming true. I can re-build the stack easily with their 1-DHEA, 5-DHEA and Pregenolone. And a 19nor DHEA in transdermal form? Sign me the hell up!

I would love to try the 1-T type product but I'd be wary of the 1-DHEA.....in your opinion, the other compounds combat the horrible lethargy from the 1?

Freepressright
08-18-2017, 06:29 AM
I would love to try the 1-T type product but I'd be wary of the 1-DHEA.....in your opinion, the other compounds combat the horrible lethargy from the 1?

In my experience with the 1-T transdermal, I do not recall any lethargy at all. I was new to PH use and was paying really close attention to my body.

I also did not experience a slump in libido. This would have been around February 2010. That summer I had saved up and decided to use the Liqua Vade version, thinking it would be more convenient than the lotion. That was the only pisser to the topical at the time. Eric used a lotion carrier that you had to apply in front of a fan and it took forever to rub in. It was nothing like the gel carrier he released later with Andro Enhance, the new Sustain Alpha and the re-release of Dermacrine.

The 1-T liquid was horrible. All I wanted to do was nap and the gains were nowhere near the transdermal.

The 1-T in transdermal made sense because the skin produced the enzymes necessary for conversion of the 5-DHEA and 1-DHEA. You also absorbed both better, and you absorbed the pregenolone. The Pregenolone and 5-DHEA worked in concert to combat the lethargy produced by the 1-DHEA. Pregenolone, particularly in transdermal form, is a powerful neurosteriod. It is very stimulating. DHEA can also be like a liquid adrenaline.

I'd tell you to give the 1-DHEA/DHEA/Pregenolone stack a try for a week or two and see how it treats you. I have to believe that with Iron Legion's Salvo carrier, it is vastly superior to the original Primordial product.

Freepressright
08-22-2017, 11:20 AM

Friday night I broke all the rules. I ate a big fried Mexican dinner with flautas, rice, chips and soda. I ate ice cream right before bed too.

I awoke six hours later totally dry and ripped. Zero bloat.

Simply amazing, this stuff.

Cdsnuts
08-22-2017, 11:52 AM
You just made me want Mexican...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Freepressright
08-22-2017, 01:48 PM
You just made me want Mexican...

Not even gonna lie. Those flautas were incredible.

Cdsnuts
08-22-2017, 02:06 PM
You get any muscle fullness from the shred or just dryness?

Freepressright
08-23-2017, 06:38 AM
You get any muscle fullness from the shred or just dryness?

Strangely, yes, I do believe so. Wesley Inman and I were swapping stories and he feels the same.

This stuff seems to be slightly anabolic. I'm not sure what to attribute it to, since 7-Keto is not supposed to be necessarily hormonal, but I have a few guesses.

Phosphadityl Serine acts positively upon GH and IGF-1. Perhaps that has something to do with it, maybe? I remember Eric was a big fan of PS. He had it in his EndoAmp product.

burlyman30
08-25-2017, 12:01 AM
Good info so far. I've been interested in a 7-keto product for a first time run. I'll be following along. You are looking good. Keep up the good work!

Freepressright
08-25-2017, 06:44 AM
Good info so far. I've been interested in a 7-keto product for a first time run. I'll be following along. You are looking good. Keep up the good work!

Holy cow, you're back! Welcome, friend. So nice to see a seasoned original member back again! I hope all is well. I'm working my ass off in and out of the gym. Really digging this 7-keto product too!

burlyman30
08-25-2017, 04:53 PM
Holy cow, you're back! Welcome, friend. So nice to see a seasoned original member back again! I hope all is well. I'm working my ass off in and out of the gym. Really digging this 7-keto product too!

3+ year hiatus... Good to see some of the old guard still remains. 💪

Freepressright
08-29-2017, 11:55 AM
3+ year hiatus... Good to see some of the old guard still remains. 💪

We were a very tight online family for a long time. It's good to reconnect here and on social media now as well.

I'm especially happy that you landed back on the board around the time that our founder scored a major victory against tyranny.

Freepressright
08-31-2017, 06:38 AM
I'm finding that a little bit like Andro Hard, playing with the dosage and timing makes all the difference in the world. A good, effective dose for me is 12 pumps one hour prior to the workout. On non-workout days, split the dose. Do six in the morning and six before bed.

burlyman30
08-31-2017, 09:58 AM
I'm finding that a little bit like Andro Hard, playing with the dosage and timing makes all the difference in the world. A good, effective dose for me is 12 pumps one hour prior to the workout. On non-workout days, split the dose. Do six in the morning and six before bed.

I just scored a couple of androshreds from Wesley. I'm going to give these a try soon. 👍

Maxout777
09-03-2017, 10:19 AM
I believe I'm going to give this a run as part of my PCT - I could use to lean out a bit. Still getting the almost hormonal magic feeling, FPR?

Freepressright
09-07-2017, 11:39 AM
I believe I'm going to give this a run as part of my PCT - I could use to lean out a bit. Still getting the almost hormonal magic feeling, FPR?

Definitely.

Here are my observations thus far...

While 7-keto is not supposed to have hormonal implications in terms of being androgenic or estrogenic, it almost certainly behaves like your typical hormone in that week 3 is when real magic starts. I think this is when levels really start to become steady.

I am able to binge on tons of calories and total garbage at the moment and still wake up dry and lean in the morning. Case in point, most of you know that I am a keto dieter of the cyclical keto style, and certainly to the point that I am later in phase enough to stretch the carbs if need be. However, I still try to stay below 80 to 100 grams a day, with ample exercise in the equation.

Last year I was given 20 pounds of Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass gainer by a bulimic co-worker. She goes through bouts where she realizes she needs to turn herself around and starts to up her calories. She purchased these two brand new tubs of gainer and was going to use them, but got scared. She was going to toss them in the garbage, but asked if I wanted them. While I have not been compelled to bulk in at least two years, and gainers aren't something that I saw myself using anymore, I can't let someone just toss a hundred bucks worth of name-brand gainer.

They were relinquished to my top kitchen cabinets where I had forgotten about them until I was up there the other day. I figured while I am sitting in the 12-percent bodyfat area and confident in this Andro Shred, I'm going to test it hardcore to see what it's really made of. I pulled down the tubs of gainer and decided to use them before they go bad.

I am on day four of blending these shakes post-workout, early in the morning. With me adding whole milk and peanut butter they're around 1,700-1,800 calories. I also said fuck it and am eating a whole wheat footlong Italian sub for lunch that hits the 1,750-calorie mark. The shake alone is more carbs than I probably consume in a 3-4 day period, so I am getting that plus god only knows how many from the sub for lunch.

NO, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS LONG TERM TO ANYONE. THIS IS AN EXPERIMENT.

My maintenance calories tend to run around 3,100 a day. Any less than that and I won't gain an ounce. I'm up about 2.8 pounds the last few days and drier than shit. Not only am I waking up with visible abs and vascularity, even with the hundreds of grams of carbs I'm taking in, but I'm also maintaining that by the end of the day. I can lift my shirt and don't look bloated to all hell.

I am running 12 pumps of the Andro Shred all at once, too, for what it's worth.

Here are some pics from this morning, after this crappy, reckless dietary experiment that started on Monday.

On that note, my lunch break is about to end and I need to harf down the rest of this sandwich. More later.

Maxout777
09-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Sounds awesome. I ordered some from IML, naturally - they're having issues with online orders and mine is held up. Oh well, soon. You've got me looking forward to this stuff.

Freepressright
09-11-2017, 07:09 AM
One week of absolute, total garbage diet down for experimental purposes. Here's how I woke up this morning:

I spent all of last week breaking all of the rules. Gainer shakes of 1700-1800 calories apiece in the morning, lunches of 1500-1800 calories plus dinner and snacks, stayed on the 12 pumps of Shred and still have veins, still have abs and picked up about 3 pounds of bodyweight.

I trained four days last week and played two shows, so I had plenty of physical activity. I also tried to help keep the blood sugar as level as I could with some support supplements.

I definitely picked up some fullness, probably from the carbs, but I don't feel like there was much in the way of a fat gain.