PDA

View Full Version : Different drug, same story - my update thread

MrSatan
08-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Hi guys,

since Finasteride and Accutane share similar mechanisms and symptoms I thought I'd share my story here and create a little log for myself (and for you to see my eventual successes).

I'm trying to be as short as possible:
Took Accutane for probably two weeks in early 2014. I got erectile dysfunction/impotence from it and decided to drop it immediatly. After that my libido went up again, almost to normal highs, I would say it was like 70-80% from my normal sex drive (but I couldn't get excited anymore just from visual stimulation for example). My libido stayed like this for over a year, but I could get used to it and it was not a big problem (exercise and abstinence for a few days helped with this).

In summer 2015 I got a urinary tract infection and got treated three times with antibiotics (overall over 40 days antibiotics) and was left with zero libido after it. It got worse and worse and right now I'm in a state of severe anhedonia, chronic fatigue and a complete loss of sex drive and drive in general.

List of sympstoms include (among others):
-no libido
-sometimes ED, no morning wood
-no motivation, drive
-no feelings in general (anhedonia)
-fatigue, no energy (having trouble climbing up stairs or keeping balance sometimes e.g.)
-headache
-disturbed sleep, no dreams, waking up exhausted
-inflammation on my glans (due to fungal overgrowth I think; tried every cream known to mankind and nothing helped, so I try the internal approach now -> building up my gut flora)
-bad digestion
...and so on, you know the deal

I'm focusing on gut health right now (candida, parasites, dysbiosis) because that seems to be my major problem atm because of all the antibiotics. I think it will solve a lot of my problems (like I said, before I got the infection and took the antibiotics, the symptoms were negligible).

I'm basically following a mixture of these two protocols:
https://www.remedyspot.com/content/topic/2709873-nystatin-full-sexual-recovery-from-pfs/
How to eliminate Candida & biofilms » Gestalt Reality (http://www.gestaltreality.com/2013/09/16/how-to-eliminate-candida-biofilms/)

Currently taking (a few months in):
-Interfase Plus: for dissolving of biofilms
-Zeolite: traps heavy metals relased by dissolving of biofilm
-Nystatin: to kill off Candida
-Berberine herb: antibacterial, antifungal, sometimes I'm alternating with other antifungals
-L-Glutamin: helps with die-off symptoms such as headache (glutathione precursor?)
-Vitamin C: helps with headache
-TUDCA: only sometimes, as liver protectant, also helps with headache
-Super Enzymes with almost every meal
-Ashwagandha: sometimes for sleep, really liked this herb but when I take it now before bed I seem to be tired the whole next day...
-Rhodiola: only sometimes when energy levels are really low because it seems to wipe out the tiny remaining part of my sex drive on the days I take it (this is kinda sad because it really helps big time with energy)
-Probiotics: VSL#3, Prescript Assist + Prebiotics: Resistant starch, Bimuno, Glucomannan, Amazing Green (this last one really makes me feel healthy lol) -> to repopulate gut with good guys
-Wormwood, black walnut, glove complex: to kill off potential parasites, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off
-Zink sometimes
-started also pine pollen powder (but only 2 days in) and I believe it gives me some acne back, so it seems to be working in terms of upping testosterone, not noticing anything in terms of libido or energy so far.

Also I'm doing a paleo diet since april, now including some cheese and good carbs. I'm aiming to do this till the end of the year and hopefully seeing some results in this time. After this gut thing is handled, I will jump on CDnuts' protocol.

Supplements I tried that were somewhat effective:
-Ashwagandha + Cordyceps combined (+few days of abstinence) gave me some libido on lucky days [BUT I also took a lot of herbs back then, not sure if it's correct to attribute it only to those two -> Chinese skullcap, Isatis, Houttuynia, Sida acuta, Uva ursi, Phellodendron, Bidens pilosa, Cryptolepis, Danshen, Juniper Berry to be precise, most of them antibacterial herbs)
-NAC: gave me some morning wood and dreams, but in the long run reduced my libido, appetite etc., I still use it sometimes
-L-Arginine: high dose helped with erection quality
-Mucuna pruriens together with EGCG: really works for motivation and drive, unfortunately did nothing for sex drive BUT I only take it sometimes, maybe once a week because of this "desensitizing dopamine receptors" thing. I will probably look for N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine with my next order to try out as a substitute
-Probiotics and prebiotics like described above: really gives me back some dreams and decent morning wood most of the days so far. But I'm only doing this for a week now, one shall be curious...

Supplements I tried that did nothing for me:
-Maca
-Blue Up, Stimulant Free (Tribulus, Avena Sativa and LongJack)
-Hericium
-Vitamin B Complex
-Vitamin D (gave me strange muscle twiches, not sure if it was the brand/capsule or the Vit D itself, I'll maybe look into a cream or sth.)

I really appreciate this forum, really needed something to write down my thoughts and share my experiences and achievements. I like this page because it focuses on winning out over this whole damn thing.

Together we can beat this shit!

11.08.2017:
Since tomorrow is my birthday I will have my first cheatday in months with a lot of cake and shit food, but will follow my protocol afterwards as strict as before.

Ridd
08-10-2017, 04:50 PM
you've found why this forum is truly important- we focus on actually beating our obstacles rather than dwelling and searching for magic cures like similarly themed forums that you'll see. you got the idea, you will get better.

MrSatan
08-28-2017, 06:54 PM
29.08.2017:
just a small update...
-the planned cheatday evolved into a cheat weekend and I noticed for the first time how bad this fucking food really is that we eat all day (and how much worse I was before the diet)...couldn't get any good sleep at night, libido was DEAD, felt kind of hyperactive because of all the sugar and had an anxiety breakdown at the end of the weekend where I almost cried in front of my girlfriend. I've been strict with my diet ever since this
-gonna get some blood tests done on wednesday (testosterone, free testosterone, dht, tsh, t3, t4). I don't expect it to be low, but it's a good indicator to where I stand right now I think...and if my thyroid levels are low, I know that I can take Iodine without being worried
-unfortunately the effects on morning wood induced by the pro/prebiotics didn't last...nevertheless I get some dreams and good REM-sleep from it
-the biofilm product I'm taking might be a little too strong for me (it felt like it destroys the beneficial biofilms too; came with digestive problems etc.) and I'm switching to Candex now
-had some good days and some days where I felt like shit...also noticed that the more I sleep (8-9 hours) the more energy I have most of the time. I try to make this a habit and try to get at least 8 hours of sleep (before I rather had 5-7 hours)

I had some serious testicular pain today which spread until the knee area (it came and went at small intervals)...don't know what to make out of this, but I do get this every once in a while...just keep plowing I guess

Cdsnuts
08-28-2017, 07:04 PM
29.08.2017:
just a small update...
-the planned cheatday evolved into a cheat weekend and I noticed for the first time how bad this fucking food really is that we eat all day (and how much worse I was before the diet)...couldn't get any good sleep at night, libido was DEAD, felt kind of hyperactive because of all the sugar and had an anxiety breakdown at the end of the weekend where I almost cried in front of my girlfriend. I've been strict with my diet ever since this
-gonna get some blood tests done on wednesday (testosterone, free testosterone, dht, tsh, t3, t4). I don't expect it to be low, but it's a good indicator to where I stand right now I think...and if my thyroid levels are low, I know that I can take Iodine without being worried
-unfortunately the effects on morning wood induced by the pro/prebiotics didn't last...nevertheless I get some dreams and good REM-sleep from it
-the biofilm product I'm taking might be a little too strong for me (it felt like it destroys the beneficial biofilms too; came with digestive problems etc.) and I'm switching to Candex now
-had some good days and some days where I felt like shit...also noticed that the more I sleep (8-9 hours) the more energy I have most of the time. I try to make this a habit and try to get at least 8 hours of sleep (before I rather had 5-7 hours)

I had some serious testicular pain today which spread until the knee area (it came and went at small intervals)...don't know what to make out of this, but I do get this every once in a while...just keep plowing I guess

Nut pain in my experience has always happened when my test was going up.

MrSatan
08-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Nut pain in my experience has always happened when my test was going up.

That's a good sign I guess...however I hope it doesn't go up too high before wednesday, I'd like to have genuine test results.. I think it makes no sense if my testo levels are taken in an upswing period lol

Also thought about fasting this week...I wanna do it as soon as possible, but don't think I'm able to atm...I'm doing this diet for months now and I lost so much weight, I'm only at 59kg (130lb) right now (I'm 5"7). Let's say 21 days of water fasting, that would at least be 8-9kg of weight that I would be losing if not more and I would be under 50kg (110lb) then...
so theoretically I have to gain weight now to do the fasting, just to lose the build up weight again :D

I imagine this will be a pain in the ass to achieve with a paleo diet, if possible at all and take several months...especially as a kind of a hardgainer

Ridd
08-28-2017, 09:50 PM
That's a good sign I guess...however I hope it doesn't go up too high before wednesday, I'd like to have genuine test results.. I think it makes no sense if my testo levels are taken in an upswing period lol

Also thought about fasting this week...I wanna do it as soon as possible, but don't think I'm able to atm...I'm doing this diet for months now and I lost so much weight, I'm only at 59kg (130lb) right now (I'm 5"7). Let's say 21 days of water fasting, that would at least be 8-9kg of weight that I would be losing if not more and I would be under 50kg (110lb) then...
so theoretically I have to gain weight now to do the fasting, just to lose the build up weight again :D

I imagine this will be a pain in the ass to achieve with a paleo diet, if possible at all and take several months...especially as a kind of a hardgainer

Hey man, thanks for the update, you'll be back on track soon.

couple things:

which biofilm product are you taking? anyone else have experience with biofilm? something that has interested me for a while.

secondly, I always see my nut pain as CD does.

Third, some people here don't like the idea of a ketogenic diet, but the truth is that when you go on a water fest, your body kicks in to ketosis anyways. To ease into a water fast easier get on a ketogenic diet (eat mostly fats and little amounts of carbs) and you'll be primed to fast with no problem.

I've been in ketosis a few times in my life, the keto flu sucks, which you'll get by switching your bodys metabolism up, but I have to say, I did the first fast of my life this week and I already feel many benefits, not to mention that there are countless studies proving the benefits of fasting and intermittent fasting a like. just to give you a boost of confidence, some doctors say it is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your overall health, next to exercise. think about it, in our evolutionary history, rarely would humans have an active digestive system 24/7/365. It makes so much sense that it can sort of do "spring cleaning" in there. and it's all natural. but it does suck getting into ketosis I will admit.

With that said, I had tried many times to fast but I'm hypoglycemic and could really crash myself hard with the drop of blood sugar. Definitely unsafe levels. If you can ease into ketosis for a week or two before a crazy fast, it'll be a more mild keto flu and by the time you start your fast you will have virtually no cravings. I have not been carb hungry for a week now and I just ended my 4 day fast and plan to stay in ketosis to do another week long fast after work slows down.

so if you want to ease into the fast and think you may have trouble with it, just go on a ketogenic diet. but if you just wanna get it over as quick as possible and you think your insulin response and blood sugar levels are healthy, just cut right into it. Either way I would highly rec intermittent fasting for at least a few days beforehand if you're not already doing it.

I think fasting will be one of the biggest tools of my recovery considering my long term (even pre-fin) digestive/food related issues. GL.

MrSatan
08-29-2017, 12:34 PM
Hey man, thanks for the update, you'll be back on track soon.

couple things:

which biofilm product are you taking? anyone else have experience with biofilm? something that has interested me for a while.

secondly, I always see my nut pain as CD does.

Third, some people here don't like the idea of a ketogenic diet, but the truth is that when you go on a water fest, your body kicks in to ketosis anyways. To ease into a water fast easier get on a ketogenic diet (eat mostly fats and little amounts of carbs) and you'll be primed to fast with no problem.

I've been in ketosis a few times in my life, the keto flu sucks, which you'll get by switching your bodys metabolism up, but I have to say, I did the first fast of my life this week and I already feel many benefits, not to mention that there are countless studies proving the benefits of fasting and intermittent fasting a like. just to give you a boost of confidence, some doctors say it is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your overall health, next to exercise. think about it, in our evolutionary history, rarely would humans have an active digestive system 24/7/365. It makes so much sense that it can sort of do "spring cleaning" in there. and it's all natural. but it does suck getting into ketosis I will admit.

With that said, I had tried many times to fast but I'm hypoglycemic and could really crash myself hard with the drop of blood sugar. Definitely unsafe levels. If you can ease into ketosis for a week or two before a crazy fast, it'll be a more mild keto flu and by the time you start your fast you will have virtually no cravings. I have not been carb hungry for a week now and I just ended my 4 day fast and plan to stay in ketosis to do another week long fast after work slows down.

so if you want to ease into the fast and think you may have trouble with it, just go on a ketogenic diet. but if you just wanna get it over as quick as possible and you think your insulin response and blood sugar levels are healthy, just cut right into it. Either way I would highly rec intermittent fasting for at least a few days beforehand if you're not already doing it.

I think fasting will be one of the biggest tools of my recovery considering my long term (even pre-fin) digestive/food related issues. GL.

I was taking InterFase Plus from Klaire Labs. Here (http://www.gestaltreality.com/2013/09/16/how-to-eliminate-candida-biofilms/) you can find some useful info

Yeah I think Cdnuts was right, woke up with a pretty good boner today.

I was in ketosis before and I know about all the things you mentioned...I meant I don't know if I can fast right now because I'm too skinny. :-( Otherwise I would do it immediately

Ridd
08-29-2017, 07:47 PM
I was taking InterFase Plus from Klaire Labs. Here (http://www.gestaltreality.com/2013/09/16/how-to-eliminate-candida-biofilms/) you can find some useful info

Yeah I think Cdnuts was right, woke up with a pretty good boner today.

I was in ketosis before and I know about all the things you mentioned...I meant I don't know if I can fast right now because I'm too skinny. :-( Otherwise I would do it immediately

for sure. 3 days fasts will do you good and you'll have very little weight loss. unless you're at the point of less than 6% BF, you'll be fine.

MrSatan
09-04-2017, 11:24 AM
for sure. 3 days fasts will do you good and you'll have very little weight loss. unless you're at the point of less than 6% BF, you'll be fine.

Actually I wanted to do just one proper fast for like 21-30 days lol

Here are my blood levels for anyone that's interested:

Testosterone: 7.64 ng/ml (1.65-7.53)
SHBG: 45,27 nmol/l (14.55-94.64)
Albumin: 50.4 g/l (36.6-51.0)
Free Testosterone: 1.71 % or 0.131 µg/l
TSH: 6.39 mlU/l (0.22-4.46)
T3: 3.74 pg/ml (2.3-4.2)
T4: 1.23 ng/dl (0.89-1.76)

So what's strange here is that my Total Testosterone seems to be at the top of the range (actually even a little higher), but not sure about my Free Testosterone. SHBG could be a little less, I checked and I apparently have the levels of a 50-60 year old man, optimal would be 35 nmol/l for my age, not 45.
TSH seems to be out of control (they even mentioned suspected hypothyroidism on the finding), but T3 and T4 are in normal range, which is strange again.

Don't know what to make out of this...looking forward to probably do some more tests soon.

Maxout777
09-04-2017, 12:17 PM
Supplement with Iodine or the Thyroid surrogate combo immediately. Even if you plan on fasting in the future.

MrSatan
10-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Okay, so something really strange happened. I just cried for the first time in nearly two years and it was great...I also seem to be able to enjoy music better throughout the last days, it seems that my brainfog has at least a bit subsided. I even get my interest in harsh metal music back, the whole time I just couldn't enjoy it because I simply didn't have the energy to listen to such wild nasty stuff haha. Also my sperm seems to be thicker and not as watery, but that might be placebo (nothing moved in terms of libido)

Since I was taking Shilajit Resin in the last three days I guess it has something to do with it. Probably the dopaminergic effect that's taking place. Just feels good so far to be on it...however today I had a headache/fogged mind (although this could have come from many other things too) and I have to discontinue the herb until wednesday where I'm heading to the doctor to get some more tests done. I don't want the results to be distorted, since Shilajit also raises testosterone etc.
It could also be that the probiotics kick in because I switched to some other products, all of them now enteric-coated, so that they arrive in the gut intact. I feel just the difference of how potent they are. My bowel movements also have imroved in the last week. However, I finally want that this damn balanitis vanishes from my dick...can't await to do the fasting that will hopefully get rid of it, but probably that will happen not until next year when I can take the time to do it...and in the transition time I try to gain some weight lol

But I'm more thrilled than ever right now to move forward...doing the clean up and then cycle the fucking herbs, train like a beast and become the testosterone infused high energy horny little motherfucker that I once was!!

Oh yeah, and I also bought Iodine and Selenium and seem to have just a bit more energy on it, but I'm also not taking big doses.

basementdweller
10-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Hi guys,

since Finasteride and Accutane share similar mechanisms and symptoms I thought I'd share my story here and create a little log for myself (and for you to see my eventual successes).

It's interesting how many substances are causing this shit. Mine developed after using a skin cream containing azelaic acid for less than 2 weeks! I didn't even know azelaic acid was a 5ar inhibitor until researching it on the internet. The idiots selling it have no clue either.

MrSatan
10-02-2017, 06:41 AM
It's interesting how many substances are causing this shit. Mine developed after using a skin cream containing azelaic acid for less than 2 weeks! I didn't even know azelaic acid was a 5ar inhibitor until researching it on the internet. The idiots selling it have no clue either.

Yes, that's truly crazy, isn't it? Just make sure to research your ass off before taking some unfamiliar substance, doesn't matter if drugs, herbs, supps or whatever...
I won't take anything again where I don't know what it is and I won't trust any doctor no more lol

Apperently, accutane causes not only sexual dysfunction by inhibiting 5ar, but also fiddles with neurotransmitters and eventually causes neurodegeneration through telomerase shortening, besides many other (bad) things. It was evolved as a chemotherapy drug and now is sold to clueless teenagers with acne...
I also took two rounds of the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics which is often reported in cases of toxicity (there are forums like this one here for "floxie toxicity") and I think the arthritis that I had (or still have to a minor degree) came from it or from a mixture of accutane and quinolone poisoning.

So it could be that I'm even deeper in this shit than you guys

MrSatan
10-30-2017, 10:00 AM
Update:
-results from my newest test:
My hormones seem alright, especially Testosterone and DHT (Androstandiol Glucuronid is high, a marker for DHT) are in very good range.

-High TSH from the test before indicates hypothyroidism, but otherwise Free T3 and T4 are alright. So I read somewhere that this most often indicates that something is wrong with the pituitary gland and not the thyroid itself. Also I read that the quinolones I took are toxic to the hypothalamus and pituitary. I ordered a Red Asian Ginseng tincture together with some herbs of the protocol and maybe will buy sth like Raw Pituitary in the future. Does anyone know of any other herbs for pituitary health?

-Another problem I see above is that LH and FSH are quite low, which could again relate to pituitary. I will order some bulgarian Tribulus to see if it makes a difference. Also I have some Sarcosine lying around here and will try that together with NAC this week. According to some studies this will help negative symptoms of schizophrenia like anhedonia (which are very similar to mine) in addition to help with pituitary signalling and producing LH, FSH.

-I don't know if I get anything out of L-Tyrosine and ALCAR makes me drowsy, although I might have to try it some more times. I had a little crash three days ago from a CoQ10/PQQ product. I have no explanation for this because it should be nothing but healthy for your mitochondria and your body...
-I tried some Raw Thyroid gland, it gives me a minor libido boost for the first hour or so, but afterwards makes me feel worse with symptoms of hyperthyroidism etc. It's a complex with Adrenal tissue and Kelp (heavy metals?), so that could be the reason why I'm feeling worse.
-Also I tried the Shilajit resin several times and always seem to get a headache of it. Again, no explanation for this...the brand and everything is authentic, so I really seems to have a problem with the herb itself.

Overall I feel like I have to focus on cleansing, as this seems my major sticking point (maybe also the reason why I keep responding bad to some herbs and supps). Testo and hormones look good to me and I'm looking forward to the fasting right now. I try to gain weight and eat like a maniac (I have a lot of cheat days at the moment), so that I'm able to fast for 20-30 days in the new year.

jacknap
10-30-2017, 10:23 AM
Update:
-results from my newest test:
My hormones seem alright, especially Testosterone and DHT (Androstandiol Glucuronid is high, a marker for DHT) are in very good range.

-High TSH from the test before indicates hypothyroidism, but otherwise Free T3 and T4 are alright. So I read somewhere that this most often indicates that something is wrong with the pituitary gland and not the thyroid itself. Also I read that the quinolones I took are toxic to the hypothalamus and pituitary. I ordered a Red Asian Ginseng tincture together with some herbs of the protocol and maybe will buy sth like Raw Pituitary in the future. Does anyone know of any other herbs for pituitary health?

-Another problem I see above is that LH and FSH are quite low, which could again relate to pituitary. I will order some bulgarian Tribulus to see if it makes a difference. Also I have some Sarcosine lying around here and will try that together with NAC this week. According to some studies this will help negative symptoms of schizophrenia like anhedonia (which are very similar to mine) in addition to help with pituitary signalling and producing LH, FSH.

-I don't know if I get anything out of L-Tyrosine and ALCAR makes me drowsy, although I might have to try it some more times. I had a little crash three days ago from a CoQ10/PQQ product. I have no explanation for this because it should be nothing but healthy for your mitochondria and your body...
-I tried some Raw Thyroid gland, it gives me a minor libido boost for the first hour or so, but afterwards makes me feel worse with symptoms of hyperthyroidism etc. It's a complex with Adrenal tissue and Kelp (heavy metals?), so that could be the reason why I'm feeling worse.
-Also I tried the Shilajit resin several times and always seem to get a headache of it. Again, no explanation for this...the brand and everything is authentic, so I really seems to have a problem with the herb itself.

Overall I feel like I have to focus on cleansing, as this seems my major sticking point (maybe also the reason why I keep responding bad to some herbs and supps). Testo and hormones look good to me and I'm looking forward to the fasting right now. I try to gain weight and eat like a maniac (I have a lot of cheat days at the moment), so that I'm able to fast for 20-30 days in the new year.

u sure u crashed from the coq10 pqq? for me I've been taking it 2+ months from my functional medicine doctor. personally I haven't really noticed anything bad or good from it but I figure I keep it going cause yeah healthy mitochondria is never a bad idea.

Cdsnuts
10-30-2017, 10:52 AM
u sure u crashed from the coq10 pqq? for me I've been taking it 2+ months from my functional medicine doctor. personally I haven't really noticed anything bad or good from it but I figure I keep it going cause yeah healthy mitochondria is never a bad idea.

Here's a novel idea as to how to NOT cause yourself any unnecessary issues. Do the protocol AS OUTLINED. It is fully comprehensive and nothing needs to be added to it.

MrSatan
01-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Warning: long post

-I have some new theories and I'm no longer convinced that Accutane is responsible for my symptoms. I got infected with mycoplasma and ureaplasma in 2015 after a broken condom at a one night stand. Got treated 3 times with antibiotics, because the infection was stubborn. I have no symptoms now, other than ball pain sometimes and maybe frequent urination, but those symptoms could also stem from the antibiotics (side effect of quinolones). I really thought the infection was gone. But I read in some PFS recoveries that although there were no symptoms of prostatis (besides the usual sexual ones we all know) the prostate can still be infected and "blocked" by the bacteria, so no testosterone can dock on the AR-receptors. As a guy in a hair loss forum states: "the inflammatory areas have damaged the portions of the prostate and the rest of the genital system that serve as areas of T to dht conversion". He was doing prostatic massages together with antibiotics and recovered from what I read.

-Also I stumbled upon the term "sensory neuropathy" while googling sexual anhedonia. Clicked on it and well..."Common causes include systemic diseases (such as diabetes or leprosy), vitamin deficiency, medication (e.g., chemotherapy, or commonly prescribed antibiotics including Metronidazole and the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics (Ciprofloxacin, Levaquin, Avelox etc.)". Accutane is a chemo drug and I took quinolones 2 times...the symptoms match one-on-one: numbness to touch and vibration, reduced position sense causing poorer coordination and balance, reduced sensitivity to temperature change and pain, spontaneous tingling or burning pain, poor bladder control, reduced ability to sweat normally, together with the whole sexual and mental things...
So either the antibiotics, the infection itself or a combination seems to be responsible for my misery. In the end I think it all added up and I was pre-damaged from Accutane, more susceptible so to say.

-I've been doing herbal antibiotic courses in 2016, but I just did them for like 2 months and maybe I'll have to do them longer....to adress this problem of "hidden" infection once and for all I'm going to do another herbal antibiotic cleanse for 1 month (I recommend the books of Stephen Buhner for that, it's sometimes very technical, but also with great humor), followed by a water fast of minimum 21 days, better would be 26-30 days. I'm hoping that the fast will help break up the remaining biofilms on the prostate (IF their is still an infection ongoing) and the immune system can then deal with the bacteria and destroy them. On the latter stages of fasting all built up calcifications and biofilms are going to be adressed, used up as energy for the body from what I read. That's also why I wanna make the fast as long as possible.

-I most likely will start on the 10th of march, say for 30 days. I hope I will put on some weight till then, but I think 144lbs is the most I can achieve in that short period of time. Buhner states in his book of fasting that even very thin people can fast for a very long period of time like 50-60 days, so I hope that's true lol. Nonetheless I'm going to to be fucking thin on the end.

Some things to consider:
-> going to the doctor before and making a full blood count
-> only mineral water in glass bottles
-> electrolyte powder for the case of need
-> light walks are allowed
-> no stress, emotional healing plays an impact
Yes, I'm going to do a 21-30 day fast at home. Either I die or I get this whole thing right lol. Anything I forgot?

What I expect from it: healing of my balanitis
What I hope it does: breaking up biofilms, getting rid of any underlying infection, cleaning up my body and making me more susceptible for the herbs and the overall program

-A few concerns/questions...
Cd, I read up about active fasting, where you do some kind of sport, like climbing stairs or sweating to increase the detox process, what do you think of that?
Also can you give me some tips on refeeding? How do I introduce foods again after the fast? Fruit or vegetable juices? And how long do I have to go with juices, till I can eat solid foods? How long does the overall refeeding process take when doing a 21 day fast? Any good links to read into all that?

-Lastly, I was playing with the idea of buying some yohimbine, I really just need something that boosts my libido and mood temporarily, so that I at least can have or enjoy the sex with my girlfriend like once a week...in the last weeks I was close to giving up and just very depressed about all the shit that's going on with my life, getting desperate just for one night once a week where I can have some fun and enjoy life. That would make it much easier to cope with all of it. The herb cycle I'm doing right now helps with all the stress and keeps me from freaking out.

Alchemy
01-15-2018, 07:31 PM
Why don't you just follow the protocol which addresses all the common symptoms we are going through on a cellular level?

Sounds as if you are determined to go the long way round and put yourself through needless hurdles. I mean putting on weight before you decide to fast? Lol Come on man you know that is madness, you are going to lose it anyway but you will see how easy it is to gain it back and then some after the body is reset and ultra responsive to what you train it to.

Don't let your ego trick you into believing that it knows best when it comes to these things.

The protocol is a universal application to healing the body for those who either wish to reach optimal health or those who are suffering damage from drugs, poor diet or bad genetics and wish to recover.

Healing the gut from harmful bacteria/inflammation/yeast overgrowth is part of the puzzle but not the end in itself. If you focus solely on that you will have spent 100% on one area ignoring the mental and hormonal side of things. There are neurotransmitter in the gut but you have to build them back up not just through treating the gut through ridding it of the bad guys you have to be on point with your diet and exercise and circulation.

Herbal cleanse worm killer cleanses anti biotic cleanses are a waste of time bro. Time you could spend jumping head first into a fast to reset your body before getting on a good diet that will promote good solid gut health where you won't have to worry about the boogey men biofilms floating in your tummy.

Just get on aboard and get off the merry go round of looking for extra things as that can become addicting in itself.

MrSatan
01-21-2018, 09:19 AM
Why don't you just follow the protocol which addresses all the common symptoms we are going through on a cellular level?

Sounds as if you are determined to go the long way round and put yourself through needless hurdles. I mean putting on weight before you decide to fast? Lol Come on man you know that is madness, you are going to lose it anyway but you will see how easy it is to gain it back and then some after the body is reset and ultra responsive to what you train it to.

Don't let your ego trick you into believing that it knows best when it comes to these things.

The protocol is a universal application to healing the body for those who either wish to reach optimal health or those who are suffering damage from drugs, poor diet or bad genetics and wish to recover.

Healing the gut from harmful bacteria/inflammation/yeast overgrowth is part of the puzzle but not the end in itself. If you focus solely on that you will have spent 100% on one area ignoring the mental and hormonal side of things. There are neurotransmitter in the gut but you have to build them back up not just through treating the gut through ridding it of the bad guys you have to be on point with your diet and exercise and circulation.

Herbal cleanse worm killer cleanses anti biotic cleanses are a waste of time bro. Time you could spend jumping head first into a fast to reset your body before getting on a good diet that will promote good solid gut health where you won't have to worry about the boogey men biofilms floating in your tummy.

Just get on aboard and get off the merry go round of looking for extra things as that can become addicting in itself.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Don't get me wrong guys. I believe in the protocol and I know that everything has to be on point, diet as well as herbs etc. And I'm 100% in it once I fasted. But I think it's naive to ignore your own history of diseases...and bacteria causing harm on yor prostate is something to take seriously.
I just think some people has to put their focus more on the cleansing part, while others have to focus more on the hormonal side for example (at least at the beginning). Correct me if I'm wrong Cd

I mean I'm talking about an UTI here with plenty of possibly dangerous bacteria INSIDE your dick/bladder/prostate, no candida/gut infection (this one probably is also there and adds up to the harm). I can't just ignore that. I know fasting can wipe out candida, but I don't know if it's able to destroy those bacteria I had/still have too...I'm just worried it can't deal with it and I have to jump back on some fucking antibiotic, which is part of why I'm here. So of course it sounds like overthinking for you guys, but all my symptoms started with that infection...

Herbal antibiotics are not a waste of time if you do it right, as I had success with it in the past. That's like saying herbal testo boosters are a waste of time

The gaining-weight-before-losing-it part sounds ridiculous, right lol

Cdsnuts
01-23-2018, 09:38 AM

Don't get me wrong guys. I believe in the protocol and I know that everything has to be on point, diet as well as herbs etc. And I'm 100% in it once I fasted. But I think it's naive to ignore your own history of diseases...and bacteria causing harm on yor prostate is something to take seriously.
I just think some people has to put their focus more on the cleansing part, while others have to focus more on the hormonal side for example (at least at the beginning). Correct me if I'm wrong Cd

I mean I'm talking about an UTI here with plenty of possibly dangerous bacteria INSIDE your dick/bladder/prostate, no candida/gut infection (this one probably is also there and adds up to the harm). I can't just ignore that. I know fasting can wipe out candida, but I don't know if it's able to destroy those bacteria I had/still have too...I'm just worried it can't deal with it and I have to jump back on some fucking antibiotic, which is part of why I'm here. So of course it sounds like overthinking for you guys, but all my symptoms started with that infection...

Herbal antibiotics are not a waste of time if you do it right, as I had success with it in the past. That's like saying herbal testo boosters are a waste of time

EVERYONE should do a proper cleanse BEFORE starting any part of the protocol. Most likely many men have never attempted to do something like this so it is something that is needed pfs or not before starting any kind of body rebuilding regimen.

Conerning bacteria....imo, the best way to eliminate unwanted pathogens/bacteria in the system is to change the terrain/environment in which they live. In these cases, a water fast of 2-3 weeks is the most effective and healthful way to do this. If you have flies in your kitchen, the best way to get rid of the flies is not to dose the entire house in toxic chemicals, but to simply "take out the garbage." Once you do this, the flies will no longer be a problem.

Study the science of pleomorphism :

Alchemy
01-24-2018, 03:48 AM

Cleansing is part of the protocol this is what you are not getting. You are fasting to cleanse initially. then you address the gut through probiotics(rebuild), not the weak shit that you get in the shops, but ferments which have live bacteria in. I make them myself, kefir, kombucha and homeade vegetable ferments will things like cabbage, beets,carrots, ginger, turmeric or whatever and let brew for few days and you have a powerful live probiotic

There is more than one way to detox and correct gut problems. You could try the antibiotics and destroy all the good and bad bacteria and weaken your immune system at the same time. You could water fast which would completely reset your system and clean you out thoroughly, but can you deal with losing lots of weight, which is what I think will prevent you seeing it through for the fulll 2weeks?

like Cundts suggested you can simply modify your terrain the smart way which is avoiding things which are feeding the bad bacteria in the gut. Simply starve them and they have no reason to remain there. You are still detoxing if you are sticking to a clean diet which is slower but will get there. , which avoiding the foods which are irritating the gut lining and providing food for the parasites/bacteria.. Paleo and sticking to organic as best you can, addresses this along with the ferments as you are staying away from starches, sugar, gluten, pesticides, herbicides and insecticides which are all the things keeping those bugs in the stomach ticking such as yeast,fungus, mold and mucus.

If you are hell bent on taking antiobiotics, or herbal cleanses, then mix the herbs with a fast, and cayenne pepper with water which will help to flush you out. You don't need antiobiotics at all unless you are violently sick. If not, get that idea, out of your mind

Alchemy
01-24-2018, 05:55 AM
Another thing to do, is when you plan to eat chicken, buy it whole, cut it up and save the back bone and other bones, to use as bone broth which has lots of gelatin in which will go a long way to help healing the gut and improving your skin as well as has lots of collagen in.

Save money too as cheaper to buy whole then the parts of chicken. If money isn't a problem and you don't want to deal with the mess, this bone broth supplement is good and convenient

BONE BROTH PROTEIN turmeric: Amazon.co.uk: Health Personal Care (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ancient-Nutrition-BROTH-PROTEIN-turmeric/dp/B01DOEL8CM)

MrSatan
01-27-2018, 03:21 PM
Cleansing is part of the protocol this is what you are not getting. You are fasting to cleanse initially. then you address the gut through probiotics(rebuild), not the weak shit that you get in the shops, but ferments which have live bacteria in. I make them myself, kefir, kombucha and homeade vegetable ferments will things like cabbage, beets,carrots, ginger, turmeric or whatever and let brew for few days and you have a powerful live probiotic

There is more than one way to detox and correct gut problems. You could try the antibiotics and destroy all the good and bad bacteria and weaken your immune system at the same time. You could water fast which would completely reset your system and clean you out thoroughly, but can you deal with losing lots of weight, which is what I think will prevent you seeing it through for the fulll 2weeks?

like Cundts suggested you can simply modify your terrain the smart way which is avoiding things which are feeding the bad bacteria in the gut. Simply starve them and they have no reason to remain there. You are still detoxing if you are sticking to a clean diet which is slower but will get there. , which avoiding the foods which are irritating the gut lining and providing food for the parasites/bacteria.. Paleo and sticking to organic as best you can, addresses this along with the ferments as you are staying away from starches, sugar, gluten, pesticides, herbicides and insecticides which are all the things keeping those bugs in the stomach ticking such as yeast,fungus, mold and mucus.

If you are hell bent on taking antiobiotics, or herbal cleanses, then mix the herbs with a fast, and cayenne pepper with water which will help to flush you out. You don't need antiobiotics at all unless you are violently sick. If not, get that idea, out of your mind

Thanks for the tips. As I said, it's not about gut infection, but I appreciate it anyways.

MrSatan
03-14-2018, 10:07 AM
Day 5 of my "cleanse"

Decided to go with the following antibiotic herbs (most in tincture form):
-Baikal skullcap
-Isatis
-Houttuynia
-Sida Acuta
-Propolis (fresh from the hive)
-Berberine
-Juniper Berry
-NOW Candida Support (Oregano Oil plus some more herbs)
-NAC (4gr)
+the usual testosterone and immune herbs in rotation

After that, I'll go for water fasting 21+ days in april. I hope this regimen is worth it.

First day I felt some movement on my prostate and a kind of pain in my balls, I guess it was biofilm that was broken up and bacteria release. Unfortunately only felt this on the first day, so I might be upping the dosages a bit.
Libido is pretty much non-existent atm due to some suppressing effects, but I know it's just for those 3-4 weeks so it's ok.
Feeling also a bit drowsy from the constant dosing of the skullcap, but nothing that some no fap for a couple days couldn't handle.

Cdsnuts
03-15-2018, 08:48 PM
Day 5 of my "cleanse"

Decided to go with the following antibiotic herbs (most in tincture form):
-Baikal skullcap
-Isatis
-Houttuynia
-Sida Acuta
-Propolis (fresh from the hive)
-Berberine
-Juniper Berry
-NOW Candida Support (Oregano Oil plus some more herbs)
-NAC (4gr)
+the usual testosterone and immune herbs in rotation

After that, I'll go for water fasting 21+ days in april. I hope this regimen is worth it.

First day I felt some movement on my prostate and a kind of pain in my balls, I guess it was biofilm that was broken up and bacteria release. Unfortunately only felt this on the first day, so I might be upping the dosages a bit.
Libido is pretty much non-existent atm due to some suppressing effects, but I know it's just for those 3-4 weeks so it's ok.
Feeling also a bit drowsy from the constant dosing of the skullcap, but nothing that some no fap for a couple days couldn't handle.

Good luck.

Just wanted to chime in and say I've never used those herbs alone or in combination with everything else. I can't vouch for that part of it. No sure if any what effect it may have. I can only back up the things I and others have done successfully.

MrSatan
04-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Good luck.

Just wanted to chime in and say I've never used those herbs alone or in combination with everything else. I can't vouch for that part of it. No sure if any what effect it may have. I can only back up the things I and others have done successfully.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Yeah I know. I look forward to that time after the fast where I can just focus on the protocol and life my live, without trying any experimental shit...

So everything went fine so far, until I had a very strange reaction yesterday. My whole body got shaky, rapid heart rate, a weird feeling of an empty stomach although I wasn't really hungry and nausea...I thought I'd have a heart attack at first and was really in panic but it seems that those symptoms point to low blood sugar...most of the herbs are hypoglycemic, and it got worse when I dosed some Ashwagandha (apperently it lowers blood sugar, too). So be careful if you take a shitload of antibacterial herbs like me lol.
I took just two of the herbs today and I have a similar reaction right now, although much less severe. Yesterday I was close to telling my parents and driving to the hospital, it really was like a crazy panic attack. So I think it would be best for me to cancel all the herbs for now and just give my body a break and the chance to prepare itself for next week's beginning of the fast. Maybe some of the bad stuff already got destroyed in those 2 1/2 weeks herbal cleanse.

I hope these symptoms really are just blood sugar issues and nothing more severe...if they stay or return I'm gonna make an appointment with the doctor before my fast to measure blood levels and stuff. It's weird because I never had blood sugar issues...if I were a diabetic I would know right? LOL

Cdsnuts
04-06-2018, 08:23 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Yeah I know. I look forward to that time after the fast where I can just focus on the protocol and life my live, without trying any experimental shit...

So everything went fine so far, until I had a very strange reaction yesterday. My whole body got shaky, rapid heart rate, a weird feeling of an empty stomach although I wasn't really hungry and nausea...I thought I'd have a heart attack at first and was really in panic but it seems that those symptoms point to low blood sugar...most of the herbs are hypoglycemic, and it got worse when I dosed some Ashwagandha (apperently it lowers blood sugar, too). So be careful if you take a shitload of antibacterial herbs like me lol.
I took just two of the herbs today and I have a similar reaction right now, although much less severe. Yesterday I was close to telling my parents and driving to the hospital, it really was like a crazy panic attack. So I think it would be best for me to cancel all the herbs for now and just give my body a break and the chance to prepare itself for next week's beginning of the fast. Maybe some of the bad stuff already got destroyed in those 2 1/2 weeks herbal cleanse.

I hope these symptoms really are just blood sugar issues and nothing more severe...if they stay or return I'm gonna make an appointment with the doctor before my fast to measure blood levels and stuff. It's weird because I never had blood sugar issues...if I were a diabetic I would know right? LOL

Well, not for nothing, but you really don't need to try any experimental shit seeing as this whole thing is laid out for you in exact steps. It just seems unnecessary to me.

MrSatan
04-10-2018, 03:22 AM
Well, not for nothing, but you really don't need to try any experimental shit seeing as this whole thing is laid out for your in exact steps. It just seems unnecessary to me.

Yeah you're most probably right.

Second day on my fasting journey today...yesterday was kind of harsh, it felt like a medium strength hangover with symptoms of headache and weakness, but to be honest I have these every weekend since 14 so I'm kind of used to it. A lot of water helped and also fresh air and lying down.
Didn't get much sleep, only 2 hours or so, but feeling okay, just a little weak and brain foggy today but less headache, at least till now. I'm real hungry, though.

Honestly I thought the first days will be worse, but maybe now that I wrote it the pain will come, as it is always the case lol

I found out that my shower gel has some sugar in it (sucrose), but the other ingredients are fairly natural, so is it safe to use while fasting? I don't think it will be absorbed that much by the body or...? Unfortunately as I live in Germany, I'm not able to get the same products that Cd is recommending

Cdsnuts
04-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Yeah you're most probably right.

Second day on my fasting journey today...yesterday was kind of harsh, it felt like a medium strength hangover with symptoms of headache and weakness, but to be honest I have these every weekend since 14 so I'm kind of used to it. A lot of water helped and also fresh air and lying down.
Didn't get much sleep, only 2 hours or so, but feeling okay, just a little weak and brain foggy today but less headache, at least till now. I'm real hungry, though.

Honestly I thought the first days will be worse, but maybe now that I wrote it the pain will come, as it is always the case lol

I found out that my shower gel has some sugar in it (sucrose), but the other ingredients are fairly natural, so is it safe to use while fasting? I don't think it will be absorbed that much by the body or...? Unfortunately as I live in Germany, I'm not able to get the same products that Cd is recommending

When it comes to ANYTHING you put on your body or hair, ask yourself if you would squirt it in your mouth. If you wouldn't, then you shouldn't be putting it all over your skin. I can't see all those ingredients (another red flag) but it looks like it has Parfum in it. You have to be careful with any kind of fragrances as well as they are typically chemically based and not good for a sensitive system.

Why do you feel the need to use any kind of shower gel? It's un-necessary and un-natural. Your skin will actually become healthier without using any of it. Just brush your skin while showering. That's all that's needed. Any woman I've ever been with has always said something about how soft my skin feels.....every one of them. They always ask me what I use.....you should see their reaction when I tell them nothing.....these women are used to dosing themselves with this and that they can't imagine not using anything. Just another condition we need to break free from.

MrSatan
04-11-2018, 01:31 PM
When it comes to ANYTHING you put on your body or hair, ask yourself if you would squirt it in your mouth. If you wouldn't, then you shouldn't be putting it all over your skin. I can't see all those ingredients (another red flag) but it looks like it has Parfum in it. You have to be careful with any kind of fragrances as well as they are typically chemically based and not good for a sensitive system.

Why do you feel the need to use any kind of shower gel? It's un-necessary and un-natural. Your skin will actually become healthier without using any of it. Just brush your skin while showering. That's all that's needed. Any woman I've ever been with has always said something about how soft my skin feels.....every one of them. They always ask me what I use.....you should see their reaction when I tell them nothing.....these women are used to dosing themselves with this and that they can't imagine not using anything. Just another condition we need to break free from.

Okay thank you! Just got me a brush and will go without shower gel at least as long as the fast will go. One thing I don't get: won't the bacteria from your body stick on the brush? And do I have to clean it therefore?

Today was rough...some headache in the morning, the whole day very weak and hunger attacks. I hope these will get better at day 4, as you often can read that.

Cdsnuts
04-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Okay thank you! Just got me a brush and will go without shower gel at least as long as the fast will go. One thing I don't get: won't the bacteria from your body stick on the brush? And do I have to clean it therefore?

Today was rough...some headache in the morning, the whole day very weak and hunger attacks. I hope these will get better at day 4, as you often can read that.

Not just while you're fasting.....ALWAYS. I never use any of it.....EVER. You don't need it.

And sure, there will be bacteria on it. There is bacteria and micro-organisms all over your body. It's necessary for our proper functioning. Don't stress about it. We are huge colonies of living organisms. The more exposure you have to these organisms, the healthier you'll be.

You realize the reason for these "super bugs" that are being created is due to the arms race we are trying to have with mother nature, don't you? Anti-bacterial this and anti-bacterial that, antibiotics, etc. We come up with one thing, it kills 99.99% of the organisms and then the.001% that is left then multiply, breed and create a new 'race" of bugs that are immune to the drug. We then come up with another drug, etc, and the cycle continues. Who do you think is going to win this race? I can tell you it's not going to be us! Nature is infinitely intelligent and we are from it, not above it. We will not win this war.

Kids that go outside and play in the dirt, around farm animals, etc have way healthier immune systems than the kids that are kept inside. We need these little exposures here and there to build our natural immunity and grow our "colonies"

Try not to compare your fasting experience to that of others. Everyone is traveling their own journey. Your expectations will only serve to disappoint you. I've had fasts where I was miserable the whole 21 days and then I've had fasts where I felt fucking phenomenal the whole time. It depends on alot of factors.

Remind me.....are you doing this on our own, or did you go to a clinic as recommended?

MrSatan
04-13-2018, 11:23 AM
Not just while you're fasting.....ALWAYS. I never use any of it.....EVER. You don't need it.

And sure, there will be bacteria on it. There is bacteria and micro-organisms all over your body. It's necessary for our proper functioning. Don't stress about it. We are huge colonies of living organisms. The more exposure you have to these organisms, the healthier you'll be.

You realize the reason for these "super bugs" that are being created is due to the arms race we are trying to have with mother nature, don't you? Anti-bacterial this and anti-bacterial that, antibiotics, etc. We come up with one thing, it kills 99.99% of the organisms and then the.001% that is left then multiply, breed and create a new 'race" of bugs that are immune to the drug. We then come up with another drug, etc, and the cycle continues. Who do you think is going to win this race? I can tell you it's not going to be us! Nature is infinitely intelligent and we are from it, not above it. We will not win this war.

Kids that go outside and play in the dirt, around farm animals, etc have way healthier immune systems than the kids that are kept inside. We need these little exposures here and there to build our natural immunity and grow our "colonies"

Try not to compare your fasting experience to that of others. Everyone is traveling their own journey. Your expectations will only serve to disappoint you. I've had fasts where I was miserable the whole 21 days and then I've had fasts where I felt fucking phenomenal the whole time. It depends on alot of factors.

Remind me.....are you doing this on our own, or did you go to a clinic as recommended?

I get it, I really do and the whole bacteria story makes a lot of sense...that's why I'm a big fan of probiotics too. And those resistant killer bugs are fucking scary...they are on the rise and someday there will be no antibiotics left that work to treat those infections. I was resistent to almost all antibiotics after two rounds of some of the most powerful ones and the doctors said there ain't nothing more they can do. It freaked the fuck out of me. The doctors really are clueless when it comes to those things. Maybe when there is another epidemic in the future people will learn what it means to fall back on natural methods like fasting or herbs. I could rant for hours about this topic.
The thing is, I just asked myself what if I shrub under my arms or my ass with it and next day wash my upper body with it for example lol. Seems just kind of unhygienic.

I try not to compare, but it seemed like the majority of people were reporting those benefits after the first three days. Feeling pretty good today on day 5, very clear head. Hopefully this is going to continue. Hunger is still there though. It's no bed of roses for sure, all I can do is basically lie down and watch some movies/listen to audiobooks or at best read some chapters in a book and sleep. I gotta keep reminding myself why I'm doing this.

I'm mad and doing it at home, I just can't afford such a clinic at the moment. And honestly, I just want to get it done already. My girlfriend is with me, so I'm not alone and she can drive me to the doctors or ambulance if something bad happens, not to mention the emotional support she gives me which brings a lot of confidence. However, I'm not sure if I can do the 21 days, aiming for 14+ right now because I don't know how long my body fat will last. Just going for it day by day and if I have the feeling that I cannot take it anymore I will stop.

MrSatan
04-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Day 10...proud to have made it this far...especially because I had the worst night of my life on day 8. Imagine the worst hangover headache possible without having the chance to take any painkillers. I was close to giving up there, but reminding myself that it is just a major detox symptom let me push through. Some days were really torturess but I survived them all.
I'm also noticing the return of old symptoms like some pain or uncomfortable feelings in different parts of the body and hope they are fixed during this deep fast. However, last night and today I got some mild liver pain, which does scare me a bit.

I make it through the days somehow...it's harder than I thought actually. Main problem is the weakness, so you cannot do anything else than lying down and the boredom that comes with it is terrible. Going to the bathroom is exhausting. Not to mention all the pains I've been going through in those 10 days. Seems like I have/had a lot to detox. I hope in the end it will pay out.

MrSatan
04-23-2018, 11:56 AM
Day 15...still going. Some belly fat is still there to lose. Feeling really good mental clarity the last five days and can enjoy some music again. Hunger mostly comes at night and is insane...almost broke my fast two days ago because of it. Absolutely the hardest thing I did in life until now.

Old aches that occured during the fast cleaned up. Mild pains under the rib cage (liver and kidney?) come and go.

Unfortunately no improvement until now in penis head inflammation, it's still red, dry, unsensitive. Sad because that's the one thing I hoped the fasting would do for sure...

DrivenToRecover
04-23-2018, 01:41 PM
You are crushing it man! Keep going!

Cdsnuts
04-25-2018, 04:43 AM
Day 15...still going. Some belly fat is still there to lose. Feeling really good mental clarity the last five days and can enjoy some music again. Hunger mostly comes at night and is insane...almost broke my fast two days ago because of it. Absolutely the hardest thing I did in life until now.

Old aches that occured during the fast cleaned up. Mild pains under the rib cage (liver and kidney?) come and go.

Unfortunately no improvement until now in penis head inflammation, it's still red, dry, unsensitive. Sad because that's the one thing I hoped the fasting would do for sure...

For some reason, there are no penile changes regarding physical changes or changes in libido during a fast. These things come when you're getting back into normal living again. Right now, you are tearing down. Then you'll start building up.

MrSatan
04-25-2018, 10:21 AM
You are crushing it man! Keep going!

Thanks! Try to keep going until saturday, which would make 20 days in total.

For some reason, there are no penile changes regarding physical changes or changes in libido during a fast. These things come when you're getting back into normal living again. Right now, you are tearing down. Then you'll start building up.

Okay guess I keep hanging on and hope for the best then...

Could you have a glance on my refeeding plan and tell me if this looks fine?

Day 1: Organic bone broth, vegetable soup (only the broth)
Day 2: same, but eating some pieces of vegetables from the soup
Day 3: same as day 2, + homemade tomato soup
Day 4: same as day 3 + organic spinach and kale
Day 5: same as day 4, but increasing the amounts
Day 6: introducing fermented foods like Sauerkraut etc.
Day 7: first solid dish: meat, fermented foods and vegetables (maybe some carbs too...fruits?)

Here I would also introduce my first supplements like Primal Collagen powder, Green superfood drink, Fermented Foods multivitamin, L-Glutamine, Digestive enzymes (with big or dairy meals), Bimuno....

Anything you would change?

Cdsnuts
04-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Thanks! Try to keep going until saturday, which would make 20 days in total.

Okay guess I keep hanging on and hope for the best then...

Could you have a glance on my refeeding plan and tell me if this looks fine?

Day 1: Organic bone broth, vegetable soup (only the broth)
Day 2: same, but eating some pieces of vegetables from the soup
Day 3: same as day 2, + homemade tomato soup
Day 4: same as day 3 + organic spinach and kale
Day 5: same as day 4, but increasing the amounts
Day 6: introducing fermented foods like Sauerkraut etc.
Day 7: first solid dish: meat, fermented foods and vegetables (maybe some carbs too...fruits?)

Here I would also introduce my first supplements like Primal Collagen powder, Green superfood drink, Fermented Foods multivitamin, L-Glutamine, Digestive enzymes (with big or dairy meals), Bimuno....

Anything you would change?

That seems fine, although I always recommend raw fruit and vegetable juices for the first day of refeeding. Refeeding properly is very important when coming off a fast of this length.

The second day I go with raw, high water content fruit such as melon, oranges, etc. Eat till satisfied, just don't over do it.....go slow.

Other then that, the tempo of your refeed seems solid.

MrSatan
04-28-2018, 01:14 PM
That seems fine, although I always recommend raw fruit and vegetable juices for the first day of refeeding. Refeeding properly is very important when coming off a fast of this length.

The second day I go with raw, high water content fruit such as melon, oranges, etc. Eat till satisfied, just don't over do it.....go slow.

Other then that, the tempo of your refeed seems solid.

Alright sir added some vegetable juices and buyed also some berries for tomorrow.

What I would find interesting because you're suggesting fruit juices...is there a special reason to break ketosis so soon after the fast with those sugary fruits?

I read that the opposite would actually be better to stay in ketosis for like 5 days, so your system doesn't have to change so fast to glucose metabolism again and can slowly build up to digesting foods, then slowly adding fruits/carbs

Cdsnuts
04-28-2018, 05:37 PM
Alright sir added some vegetable juices and buyed also some berries for tomorrow.

What I would find interesting because you're suggesting fruit juices...is there a special reason to break ketosis so soon after the fast with those sugary fruits?

I read that the opposite would actually be better to stay in ketosis for like 5 days, so your system doesn't have to change so fast to glucose metabolism again and can slowly build up to digesting foods, then slowly adding fruits/carbs

Because regardless of what you eat, your body runs on glucose.

Any fasting clinic that you go to will break your fast the same way. You shouldn't be worried about fruit sugars. Nothing has to happen for your system to use them because they are ready to be burned as soon as they enter your body. Nothing has to be done and nothing has to be broken down. You ease your system back into processing fuel that is ready to go.

Out of the four extended fasts I've done at the three different places, this is how the fast was broken each time. Not to mention the vitamins and minerals that are contained in fruits and veggies which after and extended fast, are very important to get back in. Fruit is the easiest to digest out of any food choice, not fat.

Like I had said, I'm sure you'll be fine the way you have yours set up because it progresses slowly enough, which is important. But ready to use glucose is easier on the system then fat in that point in time.

You made a good choice going with the water fast over the juice feast. Although they both are fantastic tools for cleansing, the water fast goes deeper and cleanses faster.

Congrats for making it through to the other side.

How are you feeling right now?

MrSatan
04-29-2018, 05:11 PM
Because regardless of what you eat, your body runs on glucose.

Any fasting clinic that you go to will break your fast the same way. You shouldn't be worried about fruit sugars. Nothing has to happen for your system to use them because they are ready to be burned as soon as they enter your body. Nothing has to be done and nothing has to be broken down. You ease your system back into processing fuel that is ready to go.

Out of the four extended fasts I've done at the three different places, this is how the fast was broken each time. Not to mention the vitamins and minerals that are contained in fruits and veggies which after and extended fast, are very important to get back in. Fruit is the easiest to digest out of any food choice, not fat.

Like I had said, I'm sure you'll be fine the way you have yours set up because it progresses slowly enough, which is important. But ready to use glucose is easier on the system then fat in that point in time.

You made a good choice going with the water fast over the juice feast. Although they both are fantastic tools for cleansing, the water fast goes deeper and cleanses faster.

Congrats for making it through to the other side.

How are you feeling right now?

Ah, I see, makes sense. I actually had half a fruit smoothie yesterday and drinking one right now, just couldn't resist it. Pineapple, banana and coconut mix, this one tastes sooo good haha. And I think I had a sip too much, getting some slight nausea...
I try to stay under 40g sugar per day though and follow the rest of my outlined plan.

Thanks! Yes it was a very deep experience. But incredibly boring, too lol.
Feeling pretty good right now, energy is very slowly coming back, I was able to stand in the shower today unlike while fasting where I had to sit down. Refeeding is strange, you cannot eat a lot at a time and even some sips on fruit juices feed you very well so you have to go very slow but you get hungry every 2-3 hours. I ate a bowl of soup every time the hunger came, just so much that I was satisfied.

Music sounds really good atm and I can kind of enjoy movies and tv shows, a feeling that I thought would be lost forever. Maybe it's just temporary as your body is refeeding and running on low calories?! Hope of course it stays and also for libido coming back soon. Had absolutely NO libido at all while fasting, but that seems to be the case. Still cannot do many other things than lying down or at best do some cooking. I guess it will take the full 7 days of refeeding until ready to go for walks or doing shopping.

It's kind of incredible how much fat one actually has, I guess I could have gone on for at least 10 more days or so...but I just couldn't force it any longer.

Cdsnuts
04-29-2018, 05:42 PM
Ah, I see, makes sense. I actually had half a fruit smoothie yesterday and drinking one right now, just couldn't resist it. Pineapple, banana and coconut mix, this one tastes sooo good haha. And I think I had a sip too much, getting some slight nausea...
I try to stay under 40g sugar per day though and follow the rest of my outlined plan.

Thanks! Yes it was a very deep experience. But incredibly boring, too lol.
Feeling pretty good right now, energy is very slowly coming back, I was able to stand in the shower today unlike while fasting where I had to sit down. Refeeding is strange, you cannot eat a lot at a time and even some sips on fruit juices feed you very well so you have to go very slow but you get hungry every 2-3 hours. I ate a bowl of soup every time the hunger came, just so much that I was satisfied.

Music sounds really good atm and I can kind of enjoy movies and tv shows, a feeling that I thought would be lost forever. Maybe it's just temporary as your body is refeeding and running on low calories?! Hope of course it stays and also for libido coming back soon. Had absolutely NO libido at all while fasting, but that seems to be the case. Still cannot do many other things than lying down or at best do some cooking. I guess it will take the full 7 days of refeeding until ready to go for walks or doing shopping.

It's kind of incredible how much fat one actually has, I guess I could have gone on for at least 10 more days or so...but I just couldn't force it any longer.

Slow and steady wins this race. No need to push it.

I would get some food in you for a few days before you can start doing some nice long walks. Nothing too strenuous for a good 3-4 weeks into refeeding.

And yes, it is very deceiving how long one can fast, especially by looks. We don't realize how much fat we have under the skin.

How many days total?

MrSatan
04-30-2018, 03:26 PM
Slow and steady wins this race. No need to push it.

I would get some food in you for a few days before you can start doing some nice long walks. Nothing too strenuous for a good 3-4 weeks into refeeding.

And yes, it is very deceiving how long one can fast, especially by looks. We don't realize how much fat we have under the skin.

How many days total?

It was 20 days total.

Woke up today with brain fog and a little headache and had the need to sleep really long (while fasting I didn't have the need to sleep, I just wanted to dream). Maybe I overate yesterday. Also had an unsweet bowel movement. That banana shake didn't do me any good lol.

Unfortunately old symptoms came back today, have a little knub in the groin area that is unconfortable which I had before where I was diagnosed with mycoplasma bacterias. Fuck. Really thought the fast was able to knock them out...guess you really have to fast to completion to kill it all off. But maybe I also jump at conclusions to soon...time will tell.

Good thing is that I'm just happy and thankful to stand on my two feet again, being able to move and do a few things and getting more energy day by day :-) like you said slow and steady wins this race.

Cdsnuts
04-30-2018, 05:49 PM
It was 20 days total.

Woke up today with brain fog and a little headache and had the need to sleep really long (while fasting I didn't have the need to sleep, I just wanted to dream). Maybe I overate yesterday. Also had an unsweet bowel movement. That banana shake didn't do me any good lol.

Unfortunately old symptoms came back today, have a little knub in the groin area that is unconfortable which I had before where I was diagnosed with mycoplasma bacterias. Fuck. Really thought the fast was able to knock them out...guess you really have to fast to completion to kill it all off. But maybe I also jump at conclusions to soon...time will tell.

Good thing is that I'm just happy and thankful to stand on my two feet again, being able to move and do a few things and getting more energy day by day :-) like you said slow and steady wins this race.

And you may not notice some improvements right away, but they will come as your body gets back up to speed.

Some people think that they will notice huge differences after the fast...... Some will, some won't, but the event you just undertook was the best way to cleanse the system and you're going to be much better off having done it then not to have.

All of the herbs and supplements are going to work much more effectively then prior to the fast.

Now the work starts. Make sure you don't ruin the time you just put in by not staying on the straight and narrow.

Great job.

MrSatan
05-02-2018, 11:51 AM
And you may not notice some improvements right away, but they will come as your body gets back up to speed.

Some people think that they will notice huge differences after the fast...... Some will, some won't, but the event you just undertook was the best way to cleanse the system and you're going to be much better off having done it then not to have.

All of the herbs and supplements are going to work much more effectively then prior to the fast.

Now the work starts. Make sure you don't ruin the time you just put in by not staying on the straight and narrow.

Great job.

Good to know.
Wanted to wait with introducing the herbs for a few weeks though, to see if there is a difference without them prior to how I felt before the fast, just out of curiosity. And add them when I gained some ground.

Can I take cold showers right away? And regarding workout I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks too before starting with the body weight exercises.

Only things I'll add right away:
-Diet, but with some carbs in the beginning
-Green drink in the morning (acting as a multivitamin with Chlorella, Spirulina)
-Probiotics (Sauerkraut, greek yogurt, kefir) during the day
-VitaQ (bioavailable multivitamin and probiotic) + prebiotics (Glucomannan, Bimuno) in the evening
-NOW super enzymes with big meals
-Protein (Collagen)
-L-Glutamine
-Detox drink (apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, cayenne pepper)
-Vitamin D
-sunshine exposure if possible
-breathing and meditation
-sex

Also adding:
-nature walks at the weekends (or when I'm in my hometown)
-50 pages or 1 hour of reading a day
-learning sth new every day (documentaries, reading up about interesting things)
-writing down my thoughts and ideas
-structuring my day
-putting my energy in sth creative (e.g. writing music) or sth that's bringing me further (e.g. getting a job besides going to university)
-rest day: one day a week where I focus just on myself and my nerdy hobbies (no work, no studying, no workout, no girlfriend, just enjoying myself)

Refeeding is going well I think. Had the first solid bowel movement today. Still feeling a bit weak on my legs, but it gets a little bit better every day. Slight inflammation in my right eye and seems like I was getting some neurodermitis during the fast, as my chest is red and burns a bit, but I have the feeling that those things will fade soon.

Cdsnuts
05-02-2018, 09:03 PM
Good to know.
Wanted to wait with introducing the herbs for a few weeks though, to see if there is a difference without them prior to how I felt before the fast, just out of curiosity. And add them when I gained some ground.

Can I take cold showers right away? And regarding workout I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks too before starting with the body weight exercises.

Only things I'll add right away:
-Diet, but with some carbs in the beginning
-Green drink in the morning (acting as a multivitamin with Chlorella, Spirulina)
-Probiotics (Sauerkraut, greek yogurt, kefir) during the day
-VitaQ (bioavailable multivitamin and probiotic) + prebiotics (Glucomannan, Bimuno) in the evening
-NOW super enzymes with big meals
-Protein (Collagen)
-L-Glutamine
-Detox drink (apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, cayenne pepper)
-Vitamin D
-sunshine exposure if possible
-breathing and meditation
-sex

Also adding:
-nature walks at the weekends (or when I'm in my hometown)
-50 pages or 1 hour of reading a day
-learning sth new every day (documentaries, reading up about interesting things)
-writing down my thoughts and ideas
-structuring my day
-putting my energy in sth creative (e.g. writing music) or sth that's bringing me further (e.g. getting a job besides going to university)
-rest day: one day a week where I focus just on myself and my nerdy hobbies (no work, no studying, no workout, no girlfriend, just enjoying myself)

Refeeding is going well I think. Had the first solid bowel movement today. Still feeling a bit weak on my legs, but it gets a little bit better every day. Slight inflammation in my right eye and seems like I was getting some neurodermitis during the fast, as my chest is red and burns a bit, but I have the feeling that those things will fade soon.

Cold showers can be started immediately.

And yeah....refeed for a few weeks before starting the body weight exercises. Otherwise you'll just jack your cortisol.

Everything else you have listed looks legit.