PDA

View Full Version : How do we avoid Fluoride?

Benq123
08-30-2017, 04:18 AM
My thyroid is still doing bad and we know Fluoride is terrible for it so I was wondering.
Most water filters just don't remove it from the water, even the more expensive ones. Do you think the Fluoride in the water is significant?

jacknap
08-30-2017, 09:41 AM
curious about this as well. my water has a filter and my dad says it doesn't have fluoride but he doesn't really care so I wouldn't doubt it he was lieing lol.

CannonBalls
08-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Last November I received a letter in the mail from the water company saying that they were going to begin adding fluoride to our water. I made a number of phone calls asking how a few board members can make a decision like that for millions of people in our area. The answer I got was, "it's for your benefit, to strengthen tooth enamel"

I was and still am beyond pissed. The sad thing is not many people seem to give a shit. They don't even bother to question this decision or even look at the study's showing the harm that can be done.

I bought a reverse osmosis water filter system that removes the fluoride. I hooked it up to my sink and only drink that or bottled water.

Unfortunately I can't remove it from my shower water without installing another unit. I don't have the room to do it in my bathroom. I did add two filters on my shower head to remove chlorine and chloramines. Is it overkill? Maybe, but my skin isn't dry anymore.

I use an iSpring reverse osmosis filter that has a stage that puts minerals you need back into the water before you drink.

I've read Big Berkey water filters are also good.

CannonBalls
08-30-2017, 09:56 AM
Also Brita water filters do next to nothing. I wasted my money on those damn things for years. I bought a digital water meter tester and found out for myself.

Durantia37
08-30-2017, 02:49 PM
Also Brita water filters do next to nothing. I wasted my money on those damn things for years. I bought a digital water meter tester and found out for myself.

Hey Cannonballs, I haven't seen you on the forum in awhile. How are things going?

CannonBalls
08-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Hey Durantia,

Things are going really well. I've made a lot of progress. Next January will be two years since I crashed. Right now I'm feeling close to recovered. I don't want to jinx myself though.

In the time I started CD's regime I've done the juice feast, and three rounds of R-andro. I'm still currently rotating the herbs and am back at taking Pine Pollen. I'm currently using PP from vitajing and am having no issues with headaches like I was a few months ago.

I've had wine here and there to test things out, but don't really plan on getting hammered like I used to back in the day.

I also plan to continue rotating the herbs and sticking to this way of life until the end of my days.

I'm not having any issues other than self inflicted gym and boxing injuries. I can't complain man. As I get older I also realize how important mobility is!

Anyway, I still lurk here pretty much everyday and will jump in and contribute anything when I can.

I look back at the beginning of this mess, and I've improved so much. When new guys come to this board and freak out, it's a reminder every time. I know what they are going through and just want them to heal.

Master Mal
08-30-2017, 03:40 PM
Hey Durantia,

Things are going really well. I've made a lot of progress. Next January will be two years since I crashed. Right now I'm feeling close to recovered. I don't want to jinx myself though.

In the time I started CD's regime I've done the juice feast, and three rounds of R-andro. I'm still currently rotating the herbs and am back at taking Pine Pollen. I'm currently using PP from vitajing and am having no issues with headaches like I was a few months ago.

I've had wine here and there to test things out, but don't really plan on getting hammered like I used to back in the day.

I also plan to continue rotating the herbs and sticking to this way of life until the end of my days.

I'm not having any issues other than self inflicted gym and boxing injuries. I can't complain man. As I get older I also realize how important mobility is!

Anyway, I still lurk here pretty much everyday and will jump in and contribute anything when I can.

I look back at the beginning of this mess, and I've improved so much. When new guys come to this board and freak out, it's a reminder every time. I know what they are going through and just want them to heal.

It's so great to hear you're doing well! I'm looking forward to reading your recovery post.

CannonBalls
08-30-2017, 03:44 PM
It's so great to hear you're doing well! I'm looking forward to reading your recovery post.

Thanks Mai! I'll do it one day, but want to wait a while longer.👍🏻

Durantia37
08-30-2017, 05:30 PM
Hey Durantia,

That's great news man! Congrats. I'm excited about the future of this forum - it looks like we're gonna have four or five more full recoveries by this time next year.

CannonBalls
08-30-2017, 05:43 PM
That's great news man! Congrats. I'm excited about the future of this forum - it looks like we're gonna have four or five more full recoveries by this time next year.

Hell yeah! I think you're right!

Cdsnuts
09-06-2017, 06:23 PM
It's just what happens when you do the right thing guys. Normal, really.

You're all going to be recovered sooner then later now that you're on the right path.

I commend you all for doing what ALOT of guys can't commit to. You're all reaping the fruits of your labor.

Keep on grinding.

Cdsnuts
09-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Last November I received a letter in the mail from the water company saying that they were going to begin adding fluoride to our water. I made a number of phone calls asking how a few board members can make a decision like that for millions of people in our area. The answer I got was, "it's for your benefit, to strengthen tooth enamel"

I was and still am beyond pissed. The sad thing is not many people seem to give a shit. They don't even bother to question this decision or even look at the study's showing the harm that can be done.

I bought a reverse osmosis water filter system that removes the fluoride. I hooked it up to my sink and only drink that or bottled water.

Unfortunately I can't remove it from my shower water without installing another unit. I don't have the room to do it in my bathroom. I did add two filters on my shower head to remove chlorine and chloramines. Is it overkill? Maybe, but my skin isn't dry anymore.

I use an iSpring reverse osmosis filter that has a stage that puts minerals you need back into the water before you drink.

I've read Big Berkey water filters are also good.

Eventually my long term goal is to add a filter to the outside of the house to filter ALL water coming in from the outside system. The one I want is about 7k.

For drinking though, I use a zero water pitcher which removes all dissolved solids. It's cheap, and it works.

If you're worried about minerals, you can add drops to it, but really I get all my minerals from my diet, supplements and the herbs, so I'm more then stocked in that department. The important part is to remove the toxins from the water, first and foremost.

Benq123
09-07-2017, 12:36 PM
I just checked how much fluoride is in my water, it's 0.025 mg/l. After doing some research this is the same as a banana, or a serving of vegetables for example. So I guess I shouldn't worry about removing the fluoride? Unless there's a big difference between naturally occurring fluoride and what's in tap water.