PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Herbs

jacknap
09-07-2017, 10:50 AM
how you organize your herbs? eg) make it seemless for which ones to use?

I have a little schedule sticky on my desk but I have all my herbs in a bag that's a bit disorganized and waste so minutes digging through it to find the right ones...

ideally I think laying them out on a table might be wise...

what do you guys do?

Meegs
09-07-2017, 11:42 AM
I've been rotating the herbs for so long now where I remember which 1 to take each day without the reference of my calendar/schedule any longer (in addition to my daily herbs). Also after so long I can pretty much tell each herb by the size of the bag and just grab it.

But to answer your question, if I was you, I would line the herbs up in say the back shelf of a cupboard (cool and dark place). Line the bags up in alphabetical order or line them up in the order in which you cycle them. If alphabetical, you still need a list to reference to know which one to take. If you line them up in cycle order, just keep the bag pulled out that you take for that day. This will be the marker so you know where you left off the following day and you can grab the next one.

Benq123
09-07-2017, 12:28 PM
I just have them all stored away in the cupboard, with stickies on them saying "Week 1, Monday" etc. I only have 14 (2 weeks worth) so it's easy to remember which week I'm on.