PDA

View Full Version : msab1990 - coming back from the dead

msab1990
09-11-2017, 04:39 AM
Hi guys,

Just posted a fairly long post in the introduce yourself thread so I won't rehash it. I've had PFS for four years, done intermittent spurts on the protocol before but also without the right mindset and patience.

This time - I'm for real. I want to start this thread to get some suggestions on where I should start. I have some underlying obsessive thought issues I need to address in order to be able to exist in the moment and not obsess about PFS/other things 24/7, so I will be seeing a really good psychologist on that issue specifically first. I just did a 3 day water fast last week and am in the middle of a crash - really horrible brain fog - so I think it might be best to ease into exercise/diet over the next month, ramp it up a bit in October/November/December then do a 4 week juice feast in Jan.

I have a lot of toxins to flush, so am considering repeating the process to do another one after than in April also. Thoughts?

Also when should I look at introducing the test boosters? I've got a heap in my cupboard still, so could start any time.

Cheers boys - let's fucking do this!

msab1990
09-11-2017, 05:22 AM
Also - I'm going to see a Dr Greg Emerson in Australia who takes a very holistic approach apparently.

I'd like to get people's advice on two more things please - sleep, and frequent nighttime urination. What helped?

I have the worst sleep (part of the reason I smoked so much weed) and the nighttime urination doesn't help getting to sleep. Any tips would be awesome.

Holistic
09-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Hey, welcome. I Read your introduction post. I was also a weed addict for maybe 7+ years and I have recovered sleep by now, read my thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacknap
09-11-2017, 01:05 PM
you won't die if start the juice feast now even if you're slim. I'd say hop on right away. I regret not starting my cleanse RIGHT AWAY as apposed to waiting 3 months post crashing to cleanse. But I'm glad I'm starting at least now as some people don't even do it after years.

msab1990
09-11-2017, 05:25 PM
Thanks boys - glad to be here. Unfortunately I'm visiting family this weekend so starting the juice feast today isn't an option. But I'm planning, putting together everything I need for the protocol then starting a month long juice feast next Monday, starting off with a 2 day water fast.

I will keep this thread updated with my progress during the feast.

msab1990
09-12-2017, 12:16 AM
Update

Wow, the last 1.5 days have been some of the most positive I've ever had since PFS. I really truly realised I have a lot of mental problems to deal with first before I can ever truly achieve recovery, and beyond that, happiness. I think the guys who are predisposed to mental health issues or had them before PFS probably face a tougher time, because shutting up the mind becomes an almost impossible task - notice how I said almost?

I've never felt this kind of positive attitude about myself - ever - in my entire life, and I'm starting to actively shut down negative thoughts/feelings in my brain, and even laugh at them. I want my thoughts to become my friends, not my enemies as they have been for at least 15 years. I think this is a sign that I've finally taken the first step after four years - acceptance of where we are - and now I'm ready to tackle this shit. I'm scared, but ready.

I also realised that I've managed to achieve a lot of shit in four years with PFS - finished my Masters degree, started two online businesses (the first didn't really go anywhere), but I landed a huge client for the second one today and am in an awesome mood because of it. Finally, I have this to look forward to at the end of the year -

Home - Coral Palms, Fiji (http://www.coralpalmsfiji.com/)

I'll be staying here with family to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday for 10 nights - cannot wait to do nothing but sit by a pool/beach, explore the outdoors, snorkel and fish. It will be heaven.

Cheers boys - one day at a time.

PS - if there's anyone from Australia on here, send me a PM. If you're in Brisbane it would be great to meet!

Cdsnuts
09-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Update

Wow, the last 1.5 days have been some of the most positive I've ever had since PFS. I really truly realised I have a lot of mental problems to deal with first before I can ever truly achieve recovery, and beyond that, happiness. I think the guys who are predisposed to mental health issues or had them before PFS probably face a tougher time, because shutting up the mind becomes an almost impossible task - notice how I said almost?

I've never felt this kind of positive attitude about myself - ever - in my entire life, and I'm starting to actively shut down negative thoughts/feelings in my brain, and even laugh at them. I want my thoughts to become my friends, not my enemies as they have been for at least 15 years. I think this is a sign that I've finally taken the first step after four years - acceptance of where we are - and now I'm ready to tackle this shit. I'm scared, but ready.

I also realised that I've managed to achieve a lot of shit in four years with PFS - finished my Masters degree, started two online businesses (the first didn't really go anywhere), but I landed a huge client for the second one today and am in an awesome mood because of it. Finally, I have this to look forward to at the end of the year -

Home - Coral Palms, Fiji (http://www.coralpalmsfiji.com/)

I'll be staying here with family to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday for 10 nights - cannot wait to do nothing but sit by a pool/beach, explore the outdoors, snorkel and fish. It will be heaven.

Cheers boys - one day at a time.

PS - if there's anyone from Australia on here, send me a PM. If you're in Brisbane it would be great to meet!

Make sure you put the proper amount of time into the breathing exercises and meditation to fully address your psychological issues. It's going to be uncomfortable, but you need to bring that shit to the surface for processing. Once it's processed out, you're going to actually feel the difference in your brain.

msab1990
09-12-2017, 05:11 PM
Thanks CD. I badly need to learn to meditate haha.

Kicking off a 3 day water fast next week. followed by a month long juice feast. Never did that detox element correctly in the past (longest I ever made it was 4 days), so this time I'm doing it properly. Going to spend the month preparing myself for the 2-3 years of protocol that lies ahead, but this time I'm actually fucking excited. I've been at 30-40% for the last 2 years with a horrible lifestyle, imagine what I'll be on the protocol.

Will keep you all updated.

msab1990
09-13-2017, 06:48 AM
Committing to a 14 day water fast starting next Thursday, then break it with a two week juice feast.

I am so ready to beat this thing. Feeling calm and zen today, and the brain fog brought on by my 3 day water fast last week has subsided.

Landed a huge client for my e-commerce business yesterday and my mood has been awesome ever since. I'm stepping away from the business to focus on recovery (should have done it ages ago), and decided I'm going to drive Uber for a while until I'm ready to get back into 'work'.

CD/the veterans - I'm very wary of turning this place into a hypochondriac cesspit, I just want to ask a couple of quick questions which are not at all related to your symptoms/PFS.

- What did you do for work during your recovery? What did your typical day look like, outside of the protocol?
- What is optimal time to be in the gym? Previously I think I've burnt myself out a bit by spending an hour at a time in there.
- Last time I attempted the protocol, I made it to the pro-hormone phase, did a 6 week cycle, then the PCT did nothing for me and I crashed big time. Full estrogen uptick, crying, weak, brain fogged. Is this normal for every one, or do I need to introduce something other than the natural PCT which was recommended? Or should I hold off on the pro-hormones next time until I've increased my T? Previous attempt I introduced them at the 2.5 month mark.

I know CD has done wayyyy more than his fair share to help us here, so anyone else who's pretty far along/recovered I'd love to hear your thoughts too.

Cheers

Cdsnuts
09-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Committing to a 14 day water fast starting next Thursday, then break it with a two week juice feast.

I am so ready to beat this thing. Feeling calm and zen today, and the brain fog brought on by my 3 day water fast last week has subsided.

Landed a huge client for my e-commerce business yesterday and my mood has been awesome ever since. I'm stepping away from the business to focus on recovery (should have done it ages ago), and decided I'm going to drive Uber for a while until I'm ready to get back into 'work'.

CD/the veterans - I'm very wary of turning this place into a hypochondriac cesspit, I just want to ask a couple of quick questions which are not at all related to your symptoms/PFS.

- What did you do for work during your recovery? What did your typical day look like, outside of the protocol?
- What is optimal time to be in the gym? Previously I think I've burnt myself out a bit by spending an hour at a time in there.
- Last time I attempted the protocol, I made it to the pro-hormone phase, did a 6 week cycle, then the PCT did nothing for me and I crashed big time. Full estrogen uptick, crying, weak, brain fogged. Is this normal for every one, or do I need to introduce something other than the natural PCT which was recommended? Or should I hold off on the pro-hormones next time until I've increased my T? Previous attempt I introduced them at the 2.5 month mark.

I know CD has done wayyyy more than his fair share to help us here, so anyone else who's pretty far along/recovered I'd love to hear your thoughts too.

Cheers

That is a very strong cleanse you have lined up. You'll get good results from that for sure.

If I were you I would run the full protocol for a good 3 or four months before attempting to run any kind of exogenous hormones.

msab1990
09-16-2017, 01:47 AM
Things I am looking forward to resolving

- Brain Fog/mental clarity (by far my worse symptom, constant feeling of disconnection from the world, like nothing is real or in focus. Have had this feeling every day for four years with no relief)
- sleep (haven't had a good nights sleep in 4 years)
- frequent nighttime urination (I piss 8-10 times between 10Pm and morning, not long pisses but constant feeling in my bladder that I need to go)
- emotions/anedonhia (can't wait to enjoy listening to music and doing hobbies again)

Can't wait to start my cleanse next week and get into the protocol.

Cdsnuts
09-18-2017, 10:14 AM
Things I am looking forward to resolving

- Brain Fog/mental clarity (by far my worse symptom, constant feeling of disconnection from the world, like nothing is real or in focus. Have had this feeling every day for four years with no relief)
- sleep (haven't had a good nights sleep in 4 years)
- frequent nighttime urination (I piss 8-10 times between 10Pm and morning, not long pisses but constant feeling in my bladder that I need to go)
- emotions/anedonhia (can't wait to enjoy listening to music and doing hobbies again)

Can't wait to start my cleanse next week and get into the protocol.

The cleanse will start to loosen these things up for you....

I HATED this feeling. I felt like I was a little man inside of a big machine controlling my body from the inside and watching everything on a big screen. Life didn't feel real. Everything felt "flat." It felt like I was an outsider viewing my life from a different perspective but not actually participating in it. Fucking sucked.

msab1990
09-19-2017, 02:17 AM
Yeah bro, it's by far the most frustrating part of this condition for me, and that description is probably the best I've heard. It's encouraging to hear that this was also one of your symptoms, and it too can pass.

Starting my water fast tomorrow evening - all my loose ends are almost tied up and I'm ready to start my new life. Let's do this!

Cdsnuts
09-19-2017, 02:31 PM
Yeah bro, it's by far the most frustrating part of this condition for me, and that description is probably the best I've heard. It's encouraging to hear that this was also one of your symptoms, and it too can pass.

Starting my water fast tomorrow evening - all my loose ends are almost tied up and I'm ready to start my new life. Let's do this!

My symptoms, as you know, were very heavily skewed towards the neurological side of things. I had them all though, and they were horrific. You can, and will recover should you give the protocol enough time and consistency.

msab1990
09-24-2017, 11:55 PM
I've finally started the water fast - running my own business meant I had a lot more ends to tie up than I thought, so just starting today.

Tips on things to do during the water fast? Obviously I'll be pretty limited to my house, but I'm starting the sleep discipline part of the protocol today, along with the breathwork/meditation aspect of the protocol.

I've got a good book lined up and plan on watching a few different TV series, but something more productive would be nice.

Cdsnuts
09-25-2017, 02:14 PM
I've finally started the water fast - running my own business meant I had a lot more ends to tie up than I thought, so just starting today.

Tips on things to do during the water fast? Obviously I'll be pretty limited to my house, but I'm starting the sleep discipline part of the protocol today, along with the breathwork/meditation aspect of the protocol.

I've got a good book lined up and plan on watching a few different TV series, but something more productive would be nice.

Rest..meditate...stretch....read and ....REST.

jacknap
09-25-2017, 07:00 PM

yeah the most productive thing you can do is get good at meditation during it without destroying the purpose of the fast. Also listening to podcasts so you can rest your eyes more as vision takes up a lot of energy as well a digestion. digestion apparently 50% energy and vision 20% so rest your eyes as much as possible.

health podcasts are good eg) dave asprey, fasting talk, ben greenfield, rob wolf, dr. eric berg ... if u guys recommend any others lemme know I'm an information sponge lol.

msab1990
09-25-2017, 08:23 PM
Thanks guys, about 1.5 days in.

One thing I always notice on water fasts - my sweat stinks. I'm sure that means something good (or bad, whichever way you look at it).

msab1990
09-26-2017, 04:24 PM
Two days in.

I attempted meditation/breathwork for the first time ever last night, and I was surprisingly good at it for someone who could never shut their mind off before PFS, let alone with it.

Might sound like bullshit, but I actually connected with that 'third eye' CD talks about on TMO, only for a really brief second (maybe 2-3 seconds) where my mind was completely blank. No noise, no thoughts, no imagery, just nothingness. I can't believe how well this stuff actually works, and how much easier it was than I thought it would be.

I stopped and had a really nice feeling of calm wash over me. I'm still struggling with the frequent urination unfortunately which means getting to sleep wasn't nice, and still only had patchy sleep of maybe 4-5 hours, but I don't feel too bad. I honestly think once I stop the fast and master the breathwork and meditation, my sleep will improve.

Cdsnuts
09-26-2017, 04:28 PM
Two days in.

I attempted meditation/breathwork for the first time ever last night, and I was surprisingly good at it for someone who could never shut their mind off before PFS, let alone with it.

Might sound like bullshit, but I actually connected with that 'third eye' CD talks about on TMO, only for a really brief second (maybe 2-3 seconds) where my mind was completely blank. No noise, no thoughts, no imagery, just nothingness. I can't believe how well this stuff actually works, and how much easier it was than I thought it would be.

I stopped and had a really nice feeling of calm wash over me. I'm still struggling with the frequent urination unfortunately which means getting to sleep wasn't nice, and still only had patchy sleep of maybe 4-5 hours, but I don't feel too bad. I honestly think once I stop the fast and master the breathwork and meditation, my sleep will improve.It will improve. Not only because of the meditation and breathwork but because of the cumulative effects of the rest of the protocol as well.

Also the more you practice the breathwork and meditation the deeper and more centered you will become and it will create a ripple effect throughout your life making everything better.

Now that you've got a taste your going to continually want more. This is fantastic that you achieved it so quickly in the beginning. Keep it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

msab1990
09-27-2017, 08:43 PM
Think I'm going to leave the cold showers part until after the water fast. Did it last two days and almost passed out, probably not the brightest idea when I'm running on fumes.

Sleep has been difficult, mostly due to the headaches and nausea. Tried meditating again last night but just couldn't concentrate and it didn't feel worth it. Last night I was craving food so bad, but I just told myself I've gotta gut this out if I want to get better. There seems to be a common thread between those who do the detox properly and recovery, so I don't want to cheat myself.

Chin up and onwards we go!

jacknap
09-27-2017, 10:14 PM
yeah I didn't shower at all during my water fast lol.

meditation just do it, just sitting or laying and doing it is better than not doing it. Don't judge yourself that you can't get zen. Process orientation.

Cdsnuts
09-28-2017, 08:25 AM
Thanks guys, about 1.5 days in.

One thing I always notice on water fasts - my sweat stinks. I'm sure that means something good (or bad, whichever way you look at it).

Yup...detox sweats. Everytime I cleanse I get VERY strong body odor. It's a very male, musty smell and I believe it's loaded with pheromones as well.

jacknap
09-28-2017, 11:39 AM
yeah I had that as well if you looked at my log. For me the most noticable one was the spices as I douse my salads with turmeric, garlic, onion, and chipotle powders to make them more yummy.

msab1990
09-28-2017, 10:37 PM
Day 5. Feeling ok, but very tired as I've been finding it hard the last few days to relax and sleep. I think I'll sleep like a log tonight (hopefully).

Had some massive, splitting headaches last night which were almost unbearable. I just kept drinking water, gritted my teeth and told myself to gut it out.

This is temporary, recovery is permanent.

msab1990
09-29-2017, 08:15 AM
And I wish I could say my sweat smelled like ginger or turmeric. Unfortunately, it's smells like straight up shit.

I have the weirdest feeling in my left arm right now - I had bloods done on Sunday night and they screwed up the needle which left a little bruise. It is killing me, I've never felt pain from a bruise before unless you touch it or it's a bone bruise.. My reasoning is:

- toxins being released into my bloodstream
- blood around the bruise is filled with toxins, giving me surges of sharp, execrutiating pain

I'll gut it out.

jacknap
09-29-2017, 11:29 AM
it's most likely just detox symptoms. what kind of water are you using? If you're fasting at home I think spring water is wise to use as I used reverse osmosis and had electrolyte issues at day 9 (all gone now but if I kept pushing I def could've fucked up the nerves in my face - non-stop facial contractions making like a strange grimace and it happened so often that it was getting painful).

I have an iron will since I was really young, so my problem is sometimes pushing myself TOO much as my mind is sometimes stronger than my body lol.

msab1990
09-29-2017, 07:56 PM
Just drinking filtered tap water at room temperature. It's quite a good filter, so hopefully getting rid of chlorine etc.

Feeling ok today, just extremely weak. If I stand for too long I get bad nausea. On the plus side, I've lost almost 8 kg (17 lb) and I can almost see my abs for the first time in years.

I was very active in high school/start of university, so I've got a good frame to start with.

msab1990
10-01-2017, 02:30 AM
Things that have partly resolved from the water fast

- Eye floaters
- Skin is smooth and clear
- Aches/pains in joints etc gone

Hoping these stay away once I break the fast. Gonna push for a minimum 3 more days, but I'm starting to get some bad cramps in my legs and chest, and apparently that's a sign of low potassium which isn't good.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also thinking a lot about my diet for after the juice feast and have a quick question for CD or any of the vets around here.

What's the verdict on microwaving food? Something to avoid, or is it ok? I know it sounds pretty hypochondriac but just want to be sure. Not cutting any corners this time.

msab1990
10-02-2017, 12:11 AM
Gotta call it quits at 8 days tomorrow. I've been getting severe cramps in my legs, chest and now abs which I know indicates no potassium which can lead to heart damage (found multiple sources online about this danger of water fasting).

I think 8 days is a pretty good effort, and I'll finish off the next fortnight with a juice feast. I plan on running another longer water fast in the new year, once I've got some more time again.

Looking forward to a good night's sleep tomorrow once I've refed with juice a bit.

MrSatan
10-02-2017, 06:22 AM
Gotta call it quits at 8 days tomorrow. I've been getting severe cramps in my legs, chest and now abs which I know indicates no potassium which can lead to heart damage (found multiple sources online about this danger of water fasting).

I think 8 days is a pretty good effort, and I'll finish off the next fortnight with a juice feast. I plan on running another longer water fast in the new year, once I've got some more time again.

Looking forward to a good night's sleep tomorrow once I've refed with juice a bit.

May I ask why you aren't just taking an electrolyte powder (tasteless, with sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium). I don't think this would ruin the fast and you could go on much longer. Also I think water buyed in glass bottles is richer in minerals than tap water, or am I wrong?

But congratulations to the 8 days so far!

msab1990
10-02-2017, 06:33 PM
That's a damn good point, and I'm disappointed I didn't think of it. I guess I wasn't really thinking straight at all after 7 days no food lol.

I must admit, I wasn't overly prepared for situations like this in the water fast, so when I give it another go in the new year I will be in a much better place. God it felt good when I sipped that first green juice this morning.

msab1990
10-03-2017, 05:13 PM
Day 3 of juice feasting, and I've definitely adjusted. I started all elements of the protocol in sync yesterday that I could (sleep discipline, breathwork/meditation, cold showers, cut off xenoestrogens, skin brushing, sunlight) and fucking wow, I can definitely see how this can reap benefits over time.

I only rose once to piss last night, and although I still feel like I've been hit by a truck this morning, I got a solid 7 hours sleep. CD - I can definitely tell how the breathwork/meditation aspect would be hugely beneficial for us with more neurological symptoms, it's my favourite part of the protocol already. It's insane connecting with that little light between your eyes - for me it's blue and grows/becomes more intense the more my mind shuts off - although I can only do it briefly right now. I still feel so relaxed and content after doing this aspect of the protocol though, and I'm practicing mindfulness throughout the day which helps also.

I was amazed at how long I could hold my breath in, and it was actually during this period I started meditating. This morning, I was still in a trance when holosync ended, and I went for about 25-30 minutes.

I've realised that everyone on here who sees benefits is doing every little thing in the protocol, every day, and that's where you reap results.

Cdsnuts
10-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Day 3 of juice feasting, and I've definitely adjusted. I started all elements of the protocol in sync yesterday that I could (sleep discipline, breathwork/meditation, cold showers, cut off xenoestrogens, skin brushing, sunlight) and fucking wow, I can definitely see how this can reap benefits over time.

I only rose once to piss last night, and although I still feel like I've been hit by a truck this morning, I got a solid 7 hours sleep. CD - I can definitely tell how the breathwork/meditation aspect would be hugely beneficial for us with more neurological symptoms, it's my favourite part of the protocol already. It's insane connecting with that little light between your eyes - for me it's blue and grows/becomes more intense the more my mind shuts off - although I can only do it briefly right now. I still feel so relaxed and content after doing this aspect of the protocol though, and I'm practicing mindfulness throughout the day which helps also.

I was amazed at how long I could hold my breath in, and it was actually during this period I started meditating. This morning, I was still in a trance when holosync ended, and I went for about 25-30 minutes.

I've realised that everyone on here who sees benefits is doing every little thing in the protocol, every day, and that's where you reap results.

You can accomplish anything in life AFTER conquering your own mind. It's the trick of life. Everything you need comes from inside, when all the while we search outwardly.

I'm glad you see the power in this. Everything good in your life will come through that quiet spot in your head.

The more you practice, the deeper you go, the quieter you get, the more you realize just how much control you have over your life. It's amazing and beautiful and can be just as frightening if you can't control it.

This is the trick.

Congrats thus far. You're going to be amazed at how good you can actually feel.

jacknap
10-03-2017, 07:20 PM
That's a damn good point, and I'm disappointed I didn't think of it. I guess I wasn't really thinking straight at all after 7 days no food lol.

I must admit, I wasn't overly prepared for situations like this in the water fast, so when I give it another go in the new year I will be in a much better place. God it felt good when I sipped that first green juice this morning.

yeah I started running low on electrolytes too around day 9-10. My facial contractions went away luckily after 7 days of refeeding :)

msab1990
10-04-2017, 06:23 PM
CD - last question for you then I think I've got everything down and ready to go. Thanks a lot for the help so far.

You mentioned previously that for me I shouldn't introduce any exogenous hormones for a good 3-4 months. Does this include the T-boosting herbs? Just want to know whether I need to order them now to start at the end of my juice feast or not.

Thanks.

Snell1234
10-04-2017, 06:26 PM
CD - last question for you then I think I've got everything down and ready to go. Thanks a lot for the help so far.

You mentioned previously that for me I shouldn't introduce any exogenous hormones for a good 3-4 months. Does this include the T-boosting herbs? Just want to know whether I need to order them now to start at the end of my juice feast or not.

Thanks.
Herbs you start at the end of your feast. He's referring to the super r andro when he says to wait 3 to 4 months. You in fact need at least two months of herbs before going on the super r andro.

msab1990
10-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Thanks Snell.

msab1990
10-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Just wanted to check in for the last time in a little while - if I need any advice from now on I'll just scour the forum/annoy people via PM.

3 Month Plan

- I've found a regular 9-5 job again so I can remove the stress of my business.
- Juice feast will end on 22/10/2017
- After juice feast, introduce the following elements of the protocol
- Paleo diet, with an emphasis on also removing inflammatory foods (ie nightshades) and low-fruit. Will also keep going with green juices as these things are amazing.
- Bodyweight exercises for 1 month, then move onto weights for the next 2
- HIIT once a week for 2 months, then move onto twice a week for the next 1
- Daily breathwork, meditation (morning and evening, with holosync), cold showers (introducing these slowly, ie 30 seconds at end of shower, 45 seconds, so on), sunning, pumping, supplements and herb rotation
- Limit xenoestrogens wherever possible (purchasing reverse osmosis filter system, shower filter system, BPA-free cookware and containers, xenoestrogen-free toiletries and detergents)
- Sleep discipline
- No fap. I'm on Tinder like a mad man looking for a fuck buddy - fingers crossed.

Once I'm comfortable with this routine, I'll start introducing carb backloading and more and more HIIT/heavy lifting. Then it will be on to the super-andro to kick start those receptors.

Up front costs are close to $2k to get started, but should be well and truly worth it when I start punching this thing in the mouth. As I said, I'll be checking in fairly infrequently, but I hope everyone keeps well and thanks again CD and others for all your advice so far.

Cheers.

bizzbee
10-05-2017, 05:33 AM
I would emphasize the low fruit and low sugar. This is key to bringing down inflammation.

msab1990
10-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Pine Pollen Tincture is acceptable to take every day, correct?

Updates on health:

- Sleep is muuuuuch better already. Sleeping 4 hours heavy, wake once to piss, another 3-4 hours reasonable sleep. Getting there slowly.
- Attitude/mindset is much improved
- Brain fog still heavy, but it will improve
- Skin is 100% improved, clear and smooth, starting to get nice and soft
- Mood is a lot better already

This is before even starting refeeding/exercise/herbs. Man, this shit really does work.

msab1990
10-12-2017, 12:21 AM
I also want to ask one more thing - what is the opinion on Microwaving food? I generally steam my veggies in the microwave, and I also reheat leftover food for lunches.

Is there anyone recovered or close to it who still used a microwave regularly?

Cheers

msab1990
10-12-2017, 12:41 AM
And lastly, how do you recommend getting sun for us who work in an office? It's pretty hard for me to get outside in the middle of the day, but luckily I live in Brisbane, Australia and our sun here is fucking hot.

Would early morning after gym do the trick?

Cdsnuts
10-12-2017, 05:52 AM
I also want to ask one more thing - what is the opinion on Microwaving food? I generally steam my veggies in the microwave, and I also reheat leftover food for lunches.

Is there anyone recovered or close to it who still used a microwave regularly?

Cheers

I use a microwave unfortunately and did so during recovery. That being said, there is mounting evidence that microwaved food is completely irradiated and altered in such a way that is draining to our systems vitality. The last thing we need really....something else in the modern world to take it's chunk of our vitality away. It's just so damn convenient. If you can get away with not using one......don't

- - - Updated - - -

And lastly, how do you recommend getting sun for us who work in an office? It's pretty hard for me to get outside in the middle of the day, but luckily I live in Brisbane, Australia and our sun here is fucking hot.

Well, you want to make sure you're getting enough sun and that the sun is at a high enough angle in the sky to illicit a tanning response from your skin. That is obviously going to vary all over the world.

jacknap
10-12-2017, 10:19 AM

I think ideal tanning hours are usually 11am-2pm. I'm Southern European and olive skinned so I can go 40-1 hour no problems. Northern Europeans I think it's recommended like 20 minutes...

also I'd avoid the microwave if possible..

my main meals are big salad (raw/steamed + meat) a huge protein shake and carbs/kefir. None of which require a microwave.

if time is of the essence prepare your meals the night before. Or do protein shakes during the busy hours. You can add avocado/banana/coconut oil/collagen/berries to boost the nutrient density

you can also tank up your coffee... right now I put pastured eggs, collagen, cacao, ceylon cinnamon, ginger in my coffee.

msab1990
10-14-2017, 06:56 PM
Thanks boys. Started refeeding 2 days ago and a quick update:

- Sexual symptoms were never my worst, but damn this no fap thing is working. I'm getting nocturnal erections again (not morning, NOCTURNAL!) which I can't remember the last time happened
- Libido is getting wayyyy better already, waking up super horny some mornings
- Sleep getting a bit better
- Brain fog was actually a bit better yesterday for the first time in a very long time

It's coming in waves, but my mindset has been all ups and no downs so far. My sides were very much neurological, so I think with dedication and the 4 years I've already got, I might get to recovery quicker than most.

I'll check in in a while, peace.

Cdsnuts
10-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Thanks boys. Started refeeding 2 days ago and a quick update:

- Sexual symptoms were never my worst, but damn this no fap thing is working. I'm getting nocturnal erections again (not morning, NOCTURNAL!) which I can't remember the last time happened
- Libido is getting wayyyy better already, waking up super horny some mornings
- Sleep getting a bit better
- Brain fog was actually a bit better yesterday for the first time in a very long time

It's coming in waves, but my mindset has been all ups and no downs so far. My sides were very much neurological, so I think with dedication and the 4 years I've already got, I might get to recovery quicker than most.

I'll check in in a while, peace.Keep going man. You're on the right path and you're just going to keep getting better and better day in and day out. Keep grinding.

msab1990
10-29-2017, 04:27 AM
Quick update:

Things went off the rails a little bit this past week. My sister has type 1 diabetes and had what's called Diabetic Ketoacidosis, her blood sugars got to 90 and she went into a coma. Long story short, she spent 4 days in ICU and is extremely lucky to be alive.

I'm back in my city now and in full-swing with the protocol. Progressing to weights this week as I feel ready, and I'm starting a new job also. I've noticed small improvements in pretty much every department, but nothing to get too excited about yet. One thing I have noticed, I've had 3 wet dreams since doing no fap, which is bizarre for me even before PFS.

Must be a good sign though, so can't complain, except waking up with sticky sheets makes me feel like a fucking 14-year-old again. Guess I just need to find someone to release that sexual energy with :D

msab1990
10-31-2017, 08:05 PM
Just want to ask a question for all those who've dated/have girlfriends during recovery.

Where did you take them out for the first couple of times, and what did you do? Seeing as our diet/lifestyle is pretty strict, I'm worried about what I'll eat/drink when we're out.

Cheers

jacknap
10-31-2017, 08:38 PM
I'm a strictly netflix and chill person during my recovery. you're obviously gunna lose a lot of prospects with this method tho.

here's some ideas

1. a juice bar
2. for tea/coffee (chamomile)
3. walk in the park
4. cook together at home (grocery date)

msab1990
11-01-2017, 12:18 AM
jacknap, you have got this shit figured out mate :D And yeah, I was tempted to throw out the netflix and chill idea, but I seriously doubt this girl will be down with it.

I'm thinking coffee + a day out doing something might be a good idea, plus not many dudes put that much thought into first dates. It's normally drinks/dinner, so I guess bonus points for me?

Thanks for the tips.

Cdsnuts
11-02-2017, 03:54 PM
jacknap, you have got this shit figured out mate :D And yeah, I was tempted to throw out the netflix and chill idea, but I seriously doubt this girl will be down with it.

I'm thinking coffee + a day out doing something might be a good idea, plus not many dudes put that much thought into first dates. It's normally drinks/dinner, so I guess bonus points for me?

Thanks for the tips.

Jacknap is a hound dog.....lol

msab1990
11-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Just checking in.

Not many updates in terms of progress - in fact I feel like I'm going backwards a little bit since introducing 3 X exercise and 1 X HIIT a week. From those further along in the journey, would you say this is a normal phase that you eventually got through? I'm waking up with very little energy and just feel generally spaced out most of the day.

Thanks

Cdsnuts
11-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Just checking in.

Not many updates in terms of progress - in fact I feel like I'm going backwards a little bit since introducing 3 X exercise and 1 X HIIT a week. From those further along in the journey, would you say this is a normal phase that you eventually got through? I'm waking up with very little energy and just feel generally spaced out most of the day.

ThanksHow long has it been?

msab1990
11-12-2017, 08:05 PM
I've been doing bodyweight exercises + HIIT for 4 weeks now, just starting to hit a bit of a slump. I could be overreacting, just wanted to get some confirmation either way of whether this is to be expected or not. I know everyone is different, but if it's not normal I might dial it back a bit.

Cdsnuts
11-12-2017, 08:19 PM
I've been doing bodyweight exercises + HIIT for 4 weeks now, just starting to hit a bit of a slump. I could be overreacting, just wanted to get some confirmation either way of whether this is to be expected or not. I know everyone is different, but if it's not normal I might dial it back a bit.I meant how long have you been cycling?

msab1990
11-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Oh, right. I've been on the herbs for 3.5 weeks. Should I cycle the herbs a bit longer before I get back into exercise? I tried looking at TMO for some advice but couldn't see any.

Cdsnuts
11-12-2017, 08:26 PM
Oh, right. I've been on the herbs for 3.5 weeks. Should I cycle the herbs a bit longer before I get back into exercise? I tried looking at TMO for some advice but couldn't see any.What do you mean when you say slump?

msab1990
11-12-2017, 08:34 PM
Just feel generally tired (more so than my baseline), unmotivated and flat. Very tried/red eyes. Like my body needs more rest, but I'm still getting a decent 8 hours broken sleep which is much better than where I was before.

I'm thinking about upping the dosage on the herbs a bit (I've only been doing 2-3 X the recommended amount on the Lost Empire bags) and trying to push through for another 2 weeks to see if my body adjusts. If I don't get any success from that I'll scale back the exercise for a while until my T increases.

Cdsnuts
11-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Just feel generally tired (more so than my baseline), unmotivated and flat. Very tried/red eyes. Like my body needs more rest, but I'm still getting a decent 8 hours broken sleep which is much better than where I was before.

I'm thinking about upping the dosage on the herbs a bit (I've only been doing 2-3 X the recommended amount on the Lost Empire bags) and trying to push through for another 2 weeks to see if my body adjusts. If I don't get any success from that I'll scale back the exercise for a while until my T increases.I don't understand. Are you dosing the herbs as recommended? When you say dosing two to three times the recommended amount that would mean you're doing it more than recommended correct?

msab1990
11-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Yes, that's correct, as I'd read several posts about recommended dosages on here. The advice I got from those posts was that the recommended dosage on the Lost Empire packages is a bit low for us, so to increase it.

But now that i'm looking at the TMO website it appears you've got all the correct dosages listed there. I'll go with that as a guide from now on.

Cdsnuts
11-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Yes, that's correct, as I'd read several posts about recommended dosages on here. The advice I got from those posts was that the recommended dosage on the Lost Empire packages is a bit low for us, so to increase it.

But now that i'm looking at the TMO website it appears you've got all the correct dosages listed there. I'll go with that as a guide from now on.Keep dosing the herbs and I would keep up on the exercise for now. You're only doing bodyweight right now and I would push through

msab1990
11-19-2017, 09:07 PM
I've realised coffee and I don't mix. My new approach to the protocol is to document the data of everything, and keep experimenting until I find sweet spots. I dropped coffee last Thursday, and in the three days since my mood has improved considerably.

I also got back into weights today which felt good - although I can tell I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. One day at a time.

I think the most important thing I've realised 1.5 months in, is that everyone is different, and things that are an everyday part of some people's protocol (caffeine), probably can't be for others. I'm just desperately waiting for sleep to improve, as I'm back to waking up 3-4 times a night to piss for some reason. I know I'm getting better, so hopefully sleep is the next thing to start improving.

Cdsnuts
11-20-2017, 04:44 PM
I've realised coffee and I don't mix. My new approach to the protocol is to document the data of everything, and keep experimenting until I find sweet spots. I dropped coffee last Thursday, and in the three days since my mood has improved considerably.

I also got back into weights today which felt good - although I can tell I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. One day at a time.

I think the most important thing I've realised 1.5 months in, is that everyone is different, and things that are an everyday part of some people's protocol (caffeine), probably can't be for others. I'm just desperately waiting for sleep to improve, as I'm back to waking up 3-4 times a night to piss for some reason. I know I'm getting better, so hopefully sleep is the next thing to start improving.

It's probably too soon for you then in regards to caffeine. I always tell people to use it IF THEY CAN TOLERATE IT. This has to be done on an individual basis as everyone is in a different place in their healing journey.

Try it again in a month or two. You'll know if it's right for you or not. If it's still making your jittery and anxious, then it's still too soon.

You could always try the caffeine theanine combo which is another one of my favorites. I've found a ratio of 1:4 the sweet spot for me. That is one part caffeine and four parts theanine. Some folks do better with different ratios....1:2, 1:3...you have to experiment.

msab1990
11-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Yeah most definitely and thanks for the tip re theanine. Some days I feel great from caffeine, others I feel it makes me more tired and does more harm than good.

Day at a time, and keep experimenting. I've got a lot better in 1.5 months so far, and just gotta keep things in perspective.

jacknap
11-20-2017, 07:23 PM
u asked me on pm on 5adp. i haven't used it yet but there's a thread on it. in summary what tubzy said is

5adp

1. For anyone trying it now, I would suggest taking it no later than 5pm, at least to start.
2. Start with 15mg No doubt. I put a maximum on 7mg lol.

gunna start with bare minimum first to and start personally. maybe just 1mg depending on what it's like when i get it.

msab1990
11-20-2017, 07:36 PM
Thanks Jacknap. Sent you that PM and then realised there was a whole thread on it lol.

Looking forward to mine arriving - from all reports it looks good for sleep.

jacknap
11-20-2017, 07:41 PM
Thanks Jacknap. Sent you that PM and then realised there was a whole thread on it lol.

Looking forward to mine arriving - from all reports it looks good for sleep.

yeah let us know how it goes. sleep is a huge piece of the puzzle. sleeping properly helps speed recovery up way faster I'd imagine.

Cdsnuts
11-20-2017, 09:52 PM
yeah let us know how it goes. sleep is a huge piece of the puzzle. sleeping properly helps speed recovery up way faster I'd imagine.

It most certainly does.

Zerolibido
11-12-2023, 08:08 PM
Hi mitch

- - - Updated - - -

This must have been what he was spending half a decade on or even a crisscrossing to wintermoin

Zerolibido
11-13-2023, 12:42 AM
Mean is Mitch