PDA

View Full Version : Water fasting vs Juice Feast

msab1990
09-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Had a look through to see if anyone had covered this, but didn't seem to be a relevant thread.

I've got a lot of pre-PFS toxins built up, along with 2 years accumulated while having PFS. Think a shit ton of cigarettes, weed, alcohol and any other stimulant you can imagine. I did a 3 day water fast last week just out of the blue, and have been suffering really bad brain fog ever since, which shows me that I didn't get anywhere near the amount of toxins out that I need to.

My question is simple - what is my best detox option? A 14 day water fast, or a 3 day fast followed by a month-long juice feast? CD, I know you mention on the TMO website that for the drug damaged, a water fast is necessary. My only concern is that water fast clinics in Australia are expensive (close to $2000 for 14 days, money I don't have right now), and I'm worried about trying one alone for 14 days as it could be dangerous.

Any advice (particularly from the seasoned veterans) would be much appreciated.

Cheers

msab1990
09-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Fuck it - never gonna beat this thing if I don't go all in. I'm starting a 14-day water fast at home next Thursday (have to get a lot of life things sorted out first, practicalities), and will follow up by refeeding with the juice feast for 2 weeks.

My sister lives close by, and she's very supportive, so she'll be keeping an eye on me daily. I'm 86 KGs and have a heap of stomach fat, so I think I'll be fine.

Cdsnuts
09-13-2017, 05:03 PM
Had a look through to see if anyone had covered this, but didn't seem to be a relevant thread.

I've got a lot of pre-PFS toxins built up, along with 2 years accumulated while having PFS. Think a shit ton of cigarettes, weed, alcohol and any other stimulant you can imagine. I did a 3 day water fast last week just out of the blue, and have been suffering really bad brain fog ever since, which shows me that I didn't get anywhere near the amount of toxins out that I need to.

My question is simple - what is my best detox option? A 14 day water fast, or a 3 day fast followed by a month-long juice feast? CD, I know you mention on the TMO website that for the drug damaged, a water fast is necessary. My only concern is that water fast clinics in Australia are expensive (close to $2000 for 14 days, money I don't have right now), and I'm worried about trying one alone for 14 days as it could be dangerous.

Any advice (particularly from the seasoned veterans) would be much appreciated.

Cheers

You started the process of detox and didn't get it out....you just jump started all of that shit into your system and then broke the fast, so it wasn't processed out properly. That's why you're suffering the symptoms you speak of.

You know my take on it. Water fast is the way to go for drug damaged dudes. The cost is an investment in your future. Charge it. borrow it....whatever.

If you can't do that, then your next best bet is a juice feast, although they can be very expensive as well.

A water fast hits harder and will detox you quicker but will be more difficult. A juice feast will detox you slower and will take longer.

jacknap
09-13-2017, 05:09 PM
say what you will about him but Loren Lockman has hundreds of videos on youtube and has fasted more people than possibly anybody (3000+ ) so it's worth taking a look. I'm going through the videos like mad.

some tips he says

1. try to stay horizontal and rest as much as possible to fully benefit from the fast.
2. try to close your eyes as much as possible as well (i'm slowly building this each day)

Cdsnuts
09-13-2017, 05:18 PM
say what you will about him but Loren Lockman has hundreds of videos on youtube and has fasted more people than possibly anybody (3000+ ) so it's worth taking a look. I'm going through the videos like mad.

some tips he says

1. try to stay horizontal and rest as much as possible to fully benefit from the fast.
2. try to close your eyes as much as possible as well (i'm slowly building this each day)

I've spent four months with him back in 2007 at his place in Panama. He's a friend of mine. I don't recommend his place simply because it's just too intense for first timers to not have the modern conveniences of home.

And, FYI, True North has fasted more people than Loren.

msab1990
09-13-2017, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the advice boys. I'll probably only hang around during the fast/feast to get the basics of the protocol down, then I'll check in sporadically with updates.

markuss
09-27-2017, 12:57 PM
hey CD, loren has an option where he checks in with you on skype so that you don't have to go to his clinic. I don't have the money to dish out to go there or True North, is that a viable option? Also, i'm pretty lean as it is and have detoxed in the past with ayurvedic herbs through a practitioner. How long would you recommend I go for? I'm 6'1 and around 155 pounds

Cdsnuts
09-27-2017, 05:19 PM
hey CD, loren has an option where he checks in with you on skype so that you don't have to go to his clinic. I don't have the money to dish out to go there or True North, is that a viable option? Also, i'm pretty lean as it is and have detoxed in the past with ayurvedic herbs through a practitioner. How long would you recommend I go for? I'm 6'1 and around 155 pounds

You would be surprised how skinny you can actually get. I would shoot for two weeks.

And I imagine that option is better then going it alone. Let me know what you think of it when you start.....he's had that option for awhile now but I don't know anyone who has actually done it.