PDA

View Full Version : Warm up and cool down

Benq123
09-13-2017, 03:51 AM
I've heard lots of different things, stretching (dynamic and static), yoga, jogging etc so im confused

What do you do for:

Lifting - (Not including warm up sets)
Warm up:
Cool down:

Cardio -
Warm up:
Cool down:

Where is the best to include foam rolling?

Cdsnuts
09-13-2017, 01:37 PM
I've heard lots of different things, stretching (dynamic and static), yoga, jogging etc so im confused

What do you do for:

Lifting - (Not including warm up sets)
Warm up:
Cool down:

Cardio -
Warm up:
Cool down:

Where is the best to include foam rolling?

The point is to go through the range of motion using the muscles you're going to be working and getting the blood flowing. The best thing to do then is to just do a warm up set or two of the exact exercise you're going to be doing. Just makes the most sense.

Cardio, I don't do, but I would imagine some light work to get the heart pumping for five minutes or so. Even when I do HIIT, I don't really do any kind of warm up.

Foam rolling is best done to loosen the muscle tissue up and break down any knots or tight spots so it's best to do BEFORE hand so you can get proper contraction and range of motion while lifting. It's also something that should be done DAILY for best results whether lifting or not.

Benq123
09-14-2017, 01:26 AM
The point is to go through the range of motion using the muscles you're going to be working and getting the blood flowing. The best thing to do then is to just do a warm up set or two of the exact exercise you're going to be doing. Just makes the most sense.

Cardio, I don't do, but I would imagine some light work to get the heart pumping for five minutes or so. Even when I do HIIT, I don't really do any kind of warm up.

Foam rolling is best done to loosen the muscle tissue up and break down any knots or tight spots so it's best to do BEFORE hand so you can get proper contraction and range of motion while lifting. It's also something that should be done DAILY for best results whether lifting or not.

Perfect, thank you

Benq123
09-14-2017, 06:07 AM

Oh btw, do you stretch before your workouts? If so which kind of stretching

Cdsnuts
09-14-2017, 04:06 PM
Oh btw, do you stretch before your workouts? If so which kind of stretchingI like to stretch immediately after my Mobility work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jacknap
09-14-2017, 04:12 PM
I like to do stretching in between sets i also do yoga 1-2 times a week

Cdsnuts
09-14-2017, 04:27 PM
I like to do stretching in between sets i also do yoga 1-2 times a weekI would love to be able to find the time to do yoga twice a week but it's just not in the cards with everything else I have going on in life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jacknap
09-14-2017, 05:24 PM
i just do the p90x 30 minute one at home. I don't enjoy it but the benefits are huuuuuge which I enjoy.

Cdsnuts
09-18-2017, 08:00 AM
i just do the p90x 30 minute one at home. I don't enjoy it but the benefits are huuuuuge which I enjoy.

I actually have that whole set. I forgot all about the fact that it comes with a yoga video....