PDA

View Full Version : Refeeding after water fasting.

backup_plan
09-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Hello,

I am about to end my water fast on Monday it will be my 18th day, i was shooting for 21, but life caught in the middle so i am moving up in the protocol, feeding and paleo.

I'd like your input on how to break successfully the water fast.

I have done water fasts in the past in the range of 12-14 days, however i used to break them by eating Greek Yogurt and drinking kefir the first day, the second day i added soft boiled eggs and after that i used to continue my low carb diet ( consume up to 50 grams of carbs) ,green salads and meat.

It seems that a lot of you guys that go to clinics to water fast are then offered with juice for 2 days.

I already feel that i am in ketosis, wouldn't drinking fruit & vegetable juices or smoothies kick me out of ketosis? Or is it our goal to get out of ketosis?

What is the correct approach to re feed yourself in the cdnuts protocol? Should i jump straight into paleo?

In total male optimisation it states to move to diet and then paleo is introduced.

Thanks in advance!

jacknap
09-15-2017, 01:19 PM
generally break with juice and you can continue the cleanse. for half the length of fast slowly reintroduce to paleo eg) if you do 14 days = 7 days refeeding = (2 days juice, 2 days whole eggies/whole fruit / 2 days proteins / 1 day full diet assimilation.

where did you do your fast? have any tips? height weight bf%? I'm currently water fasting day 5

backup_plan
09-17-2017, 08:49 AM
generally break with juice and you can continue the cleanse. for half the length of fast slowly reintroduce to paleo eg) if you do 14 days = 7 days refeeding = (2 days juice, 2 days whole eggies/whole fruit / 2 days proteins / 1 day full diet assimilation.

where did you do your fast? have any tips? height weight bf%? I'm currently water fasting day 5

Oh i see, so i've been doing it the complete wrong way then in the past fasts.

There is a Holistic Centre in my country that offers water fasting as well.

I am 1.87, 83 kg and i have no idea about bodyfat, however i have to point out that it the 2 months after i discontinued propecia i developed gyno and a lot of fat in the waist i even developed the muffin top. I'm sorta kind skinny fat guy.

To be honest it was my worst fast ever and my body reacted unlike the norm in fasting situations.

If it's your first time, just get plenty of rest, don't get up too quick and just let it ride. Don't stress about mood or bowel movement irregularities that might arise.

Be strong my friend you will get through.

backup_plan
09-19-2017, 12:55 PM
So water fast ended, this is my second day of juice feasting, however the moment have digested the juice i am lethargic.

No appetite or hunger for food at all.

After 18 days i forgot that my days used to be very weird. I wake up with OK energy levels and as the day progresses i am tired, lethargic with red eyes and very sleepy. However when it is time to go to bed i can't sleep and i just lay there with my eyes closed, knowingly that i am not sleeping and not getting the actual rest needed.

Has anyone been in the same situation?

Cdsnuts
09-19-2017, 02:19 PM
So water fast ended, this is my second day of juice feasting, however the moment have digested the juice i am lethargic.

No appetite or hunger for food at all.

After 18 days i forgot that my days used to be very weird. I wake up with OK energy levels and as the day progresses i am tired, lethargic with red eyes and very sleepy. However when it is time to go to bed i can't sleep and i just lay there with my eyes closed, knowingly that i am not sleeping and not getting the actual rest needed.

Has anyone been in the same situation?

Yes. Continue the refeed process and things will level out.