PDA

View Full Version : Your supplement list

msab1990
10-02-2017, 01:14 AM
Now that I'm close to finishing my water fast and moving onto a two-week juice feast, I'm going to start buying all the required supplements for the protocol.

I was never good on PH at going through every last thread and getting a good run down of what supplements people use, and what benefits they get. Obviously, I'll buy all the ones mentioned on TMO, but wanted to see what everyone else takes and where they see benefits? I just don't want to feel like I'm missing out!

jacknap
10-03-2017, 12:23 PM
- Bacopa
- REHMANNIA

- Chlorella
- Vitamin d3 4000IU
- Whey protein concentrate
- B complex
- Artichoke extract
- 5a-dp IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery - Laboratory Research Chemicals (http://www.idealabsdc.com/lab/)
- Pregnanalone
- Glutamine
- d-aspartic-acid
- L-Tyrosine Powder - daily. (maxout)
L-Citrulline Powder - daily. (maxout)
- S. boulardi (maxout)
- Mintreal complex
- B complex
- Magnesium complex in water
- L-Tyrosin (maxout)
- Reacted Calcium/magnesium/Vit D (maxout)
- Citrulline Malate (maxout)
- 6g beta alinine (cdnuts)
- Creatine ConCret, 72 Capsules, Micro-Dosing Creatine
https://www.amazon.com/ConCret-72-Capsules-Micro-Dosing-Creatine/dp/B0088XS44K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1502748319&sr=1-2&keywords=concrete+creatine&linkCode=sl1&tag=totmal-20&linkId=b12c0493f6661a12a82f4fb6b6ca01eb
D-Aspa

- Magnesium glycinate
- Skullcap
- Glycine
- Ziziphus
- passionflower

jacknap
10-03-2017, 04:22 PM
things I use in addition

NAC
Artichoke extract
Chamomile
Magnolia
Grapefruit seed extract
B6
Vitamin K2 With D3
Skullcap
Passionflower
B12
Thorne Extra
L-Arginine

Some of these i'm eventually gunna stop using like grapefruit seed extract after I finish the tincture. As It's just a temporary thing to kill off gut infections I have. Thorne extra probably as well as I start eating more seafoods for minerals.

It's best to slowly try to get diet as robust as possible so these things aren't needed.

msab1990
10-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Knew I could count on you, jacknap ;)

Thanks a lot mate.

jacknap
10-03-2017, 07:15 PM
also I use collagen and cacao powders in my coffee

jacknap
10-03-2017, 07:18 PM
and yeah it's overwhelming but i highly recommend going back and reading every single thread on this forum. everything has already been answered. If you just do 1 page a day (takes like 1 hour per page of threads) you can read it all in less than a month. That's what I did :)

basementdweller
10-11-2017, 12:47 PM
- Bacopa
- REHMANNIA

- Chlorella
- Vitamin d3 4000IU
- Whey protein concentrate
- B complex
- Artichoke extract
- 5a-dp IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery - Laboratory Research Chemicals (http://www.idealabsdc.com/lab/)
- Pregnanalone
- Glutamine
- d-aspartic-acid
- L-Tyrosine Powder - daily. (maxout)
L-Citrulline Powder - daily. (maxout)
- S. boulardi (maxout)
- Mintreal complex
- B complex
- Magnesium complex in water
- L-Tyrosin (maxout)
- Reacted Calcium/magnesium/Vit D (maxout)
- Citrulline Malate (maxout)
- 6g beta alinine (cdnuts)
- Creatine ConCret, 72 Capsules, Micro-Dosing Creatine
https://www.amazon.com/ConCret-72-Capsules-Micro-Dosing-Creatine/dp/B0088XS44K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1502748319&sr=1-2&keywords=concrete+creatine&linkCode=sl1&tag=totmal-20&linkId=b12c0493f6661a12a82f4fb6b6ca01eb
D-Aspa

Has creatine or DAA caused any additional gut problems for you?

I tried creatine monohydrate but it made my stomach worse. I also have an order of DAA coming in the mail, but I hear this can cause stomach upset as well.

jacknap
10-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Has creatine or DAA caused any additional gut problems for you?

I tried creatine monohydrate but it made my stomach worse. I also have an order of DAA coming in the mail, but I hear this can cause stomach upset as well.

I don't take all of this stuff and havent tried the creatine yet. this is a compilation of what people who recovered used = cd, maxout, english

the one cd takes apparently doesn't cause bloat

my face is really puffy especially the cheeks and dark eye circles. I'm guessing it's cortisol/adrenal related.

jacknap
10-13-2017, 11:27 AM
readded this to my stack and I slept like 95% as good as I used to before I crashed

phosopholitserine. seems like a perfect thing to add. lowers cortisol, ups testosterone and dht. And it's a nutrient so it's not something that I think you get tolerance too.

How To Improve Memory, Decrease Stress and Eliminate Fatigue - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyrPy8gevIQ)

K8668B
10-13-2017, 03:54 PM
readded this to my stack and I slept like 95% as good as I used to before I crashed

phosopholitserine. seems like a perfect thing to add. lowers cortisol, ups testosterone and dht. And it's a nutrient so it's not something that I think you get tolerance too.

How To Improve Memory, Decrease Stress and Eliminate Fatigue - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyrPy8gevIQ)

great link. i enjoyed watching it.

Another random thing i found from the video is that soy lecithin is nowhere near as bad as we think. its not the greatest thing either though, but yeah. i kinda had already discovered that, but i liked the way the guy in the video put it.

Cdsnuts
10-15-2017, 03:35 PM
and yeah it's overwhelming but i highly recommend going back and reading every single thread on this forum. everything has already been answered. If you just do 1 page a day (takes like 1 hour per page of threads) you can read it all in less than a month. That's what I did :)

Great advice here and it's what I recommend all new comers do.

Jacknap has taken this in stride as I know he's read pretty much every single thread on this board.

K8668B
10-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Lol damn... how does one even have time to do that??

But between all the time spent out on in the field actually doing the protocol, and working a full time job, i personally find it hard. time and money are the two hardest things. how do you organize your time to do research on a daily basis?

nvm.. you basically just explained how to do so... ugh.. my bad.. hahaha.

jacknap
10-16-2017, 07:05 PM
thinking of adding carnitine into my stack. my functional medicine doctor suggested using it as well and I don't think it builds tolerance.

boron is also great for dht/T as well 10mg boosts T 20% dht 10% and lowers shbg/estrogen like 20% and can be taken daily. I just finished my second bottle of it.

I forgot to add that I do use melatonin and I respond very nicely to it. It's better to not use it as i heard it can suppressive though. I upped my dose to 6mg last night and slept soooo damn good though lol. (was originally taking 3mg) I think it lowers prog, cortisol and by enhancing sleep will also help recovery/ t etc.

jacknap
10-17-2017, 09:37 PM
is relora a yay or a nay? from my research it lowers cortisol and raises testosterone but you never know with these things...

I used just straight magnolia as a tea and didn't notice too much of a difference either way

I got some cuz it was on sale at my local supp shop lol.

Cdsnuts
10-18-2017, 04:22 PM
is relora a yay or a nay? from my research it lowers cortisol and raises testosterone but you never know with these things...

I used just straight magnolia as a tea and didn't notice too much of a difference either way

I got some cuz it was on sale at my local supp shop lol.

Relora is fine.

K8668B
10-23-2017, 02:17 PM
Great advice here and it's what I recommend all new comers do.

Jacknap has taken this in stride as I know he's read pretty much every single thread on this board.

not to get off topic about supplements, but i am going to do this. im not a newcomer anymore, but it certainly wont hurt. daily research time is important.

jacknap
10-26-2017, 08:40 PM
I got me some phosphatidylcholine which i've read is good for dht from natural factors but it says it's derived from soy lecithin. Soy is highly estrogenic but would those estrogenic properties transfer to the isolated phosphatidylcholine supplement?

CSM25
03-15-2018, 06:35 PM
Creatine - cause fat gain/water retention? Fatness? Shedding (I know a lot of us don't care about that anymore).
Anxiety, Anger, agitation, rage? Probably not for most people.

Cdsnuts
03-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Creatine - cause fat gain/water retention? Fatness? Shedding (I know a lot of us don't care about that anymore).
Anxiety, Anger, agitation, rage? Probably not for most people.

Are you asking a question or making a statement?

CSM25
03-15-2018, 10:14 PM
I'm sorry sometimes I don't make sense.
I meant to ask: Does creatine cause fat gain and or water retention?
Does it cause hair shedding?
Can it affect mood/irritation/anxiety negatively?

basementdweller
03-16-2018, 09:27 AM
I'm sorry sometimes I don't make sense.
I meant to ask: Does creatine cause fat gain and or water retention?
Does it cause hair shedding?
Can it affect mood/irritation/anxiety negatively?

Creatine monohydrate causes water retention, and horrible gas. You can avoid this by using creatine hcl instead of monohydrate.

Personally, creatine has never negatively affected my mood, it's always done the opposite. The past week however I started using it again and my sleep has gotten a bit worse. It has the tendency to make me very energetic the first few weeks but that doesn't last so I'm going to stick with it for a bit and hope my sleep improves.

CSM25
03-16-2018, 09:37 AM
Thanks @basementdweller, I'll definitely make sure my current order is Creatine HCL or I will cancel it.
That's good it doesn't negatively affect your mood at all.

Edit: Cancelled that and changed it to HCL.

basementdweller
03-16-2018, 07:39 PM
Thanks @basementdweller, I'll definitely make sure my current order is Creatine HCL or I will cancel it.
That's good it doesn't negatively affect your mood at all.

Edit: Cancelled that and changed it to HCL.

ya man, I used to use creatine mono all the time, it put my strength and libido through the roof. As I got into my 30s it started giving me unbearable gas though, lol and some cramping

I started creatine hcl recently and no significant gut issues so far. I'm still recovering from bad pfs - related ibs too, so a very good sign

Cdsnuts
03-16-2018, 08:20 PM
HCL is superior to Monohydrate on alot of different levels. I couldn't tolerate the Mono. I love the HCL.

ImpendingRecvry
03-30-2018, 04:47 AM
Great thread guys.

I just picked up my new liftmode order for theanine and i was a bit concerned about the tax ( i was asked to pay 489euro ~ 600USD!!!!), turns out i accidentally added a supplement that was never imported in my country before and they needed to create some sort of certificate that costs like 400 euro?!?

These customs guys and the guys from the Greek food, drugs and supplements administration were paranoid that it wasn't a supplement but a drug so i asked them to keep it so i could get the theanine. ( this happens when you checkout via mobile phones at 02:00 am, you are goin to have a bad time, lol) After spending 7 hours at the customs i was off with my theanine and a warning.

what about this supplement though, i am intrigued now since i was handled like a junkie. Huperzine A 1% - 1 Grams (Sample) - Huperzia serrata Extract (https://liftmode.com/huperzine-a-1-1-grams-sample-huperzia-serrata-extract-fblm.html)

Also any recomendations of brand for Borron?

jacknap
03-30-2018, 10:32 AM
Great thread guys.

I just picked up my new liftmode order for theanine and i was a bit concerned about the tax ( i was asked to pay 489euro ~ 600USD!!!!), turns out i accidentally added a supplement that was never imported in my country before and they needed to create some sort of certificate that costs like 400 euro?!?

These customs guys and the guys from the Greek food, drugs and supplements administration were paranoid that it wasn't a supplement but a drug so i asked them to keep it so i could get the theanine. ( this happens when you checkout via mobile phones at 02:00 am, you are goin to have a bad time, lol) After spending 7 hours at the customs i was off with my theanine and a warning.

what about this supplement though, i am intrigued now since i was handled like a junkie. Huperzine A 1% - 1 Grams (Sample) - Huperzia serrata Extract (https://liftmode.com/huperzine-a-1-1-grams-sample-huperzia-serrata-extract-fblm.html)

yikes I didn't know greece was that brutal at customs. I imagine u didn't pay that in the end right?

for boron i used a brand called new roots. Since you're in greece though I'd imagine there's a European brand that's less expensive for you and of the same quality.

Fausto Soares
03-31-2018, 05:36 PM
Great thread guys.

Boron, Lions mane and Omega 3 are the things wich are terrible for my mood, i try to apply boron these last days but i had to cut, this way i am adjusting the protocol to fit me better. For supplements i would recommend Swanson or Now Foods.

basementdweller
04-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Lecithin has been mentioned on this thread but no consensus. I like to take soy lecithin sometimes because it makes my loads HUGE and increases sex drive. The research seems to say that it's safe because it doesn't contain the estrogenic isoflavones that soy protein has.

Thoughts?

Cdsnuts
04-02-2018, 01:57 PM
Lecithin has been mentioned on this thread but no consensus. I like to take soy lecithin sometimes because it makes my loads HUGE and increases sex drive. The research seems to say that it's safe because it doesn't contain the estrogenic isoflavones that soy protein has.

Thoughts?

My concern with soy lecithin is the fact that the majority of soy is GMO. If you don't get a reaction from it, you could keep it in your diet, but I would personally try and avoid it if possible.

basementdweller
04-02-2018, 03:13 PM
My concern with soy lecithin is the fact that the majority of soy is GMO. If you don't get a reaction from it, you could keep it in your diet, but I would personally try and avoid it if possible.

what about sunflower lecithin? is it likely to be 5ar inhibiting ? I don't think I would take it either way but just curious

ImpendingRecvry
04-05-2018, 01:55 PM
yikes I didn't know greece was that brutal at customs. I imagine u didn't pay that in the end right?

for boron i used a brand called new roots. Since you're in greece though I'd imagine there's a European brand that's less expensive for you and of the same quality.

Yeah they switched from being easy as to import items from US to strick af since like a year now. The goverment actually punishes us if we buy something that a) isn't imported by any other company b) if we buy something that already a local company has imported in the past. So because a local company imports unknown quality L-theanine, i had to pay a penalty for not buying it through them and for importing it on my own. It's a win-win on their side, lol. However this wasn't the norm it is due to the Greek economic crisis. This is a sad story for me really since in order to follow the protocol i actually double pay everything in tax. I strikes me that guys in US say the protocol is expensive, i pay almost twice the price in every product i get from US!

To give you a reality check, i received today my four bottles of Super R andro for my second PH run and i paid ~160 USD for import fees, the reason being it's a penalty for importing four bottles of the same product at once. HA!

Boron, Lions mane and Omega 3 are the things wich are terrible for my mood, i try to apply boron these last days but i had to cut, this way i am adjusting the protocol to fit me better. For supplements i would recommend Swanson or Now Foods.

Cheers, Now Foods is easier to get around here. I always keep a log on how i feel after products/ herbs, i will keep a note on boron. Appreciate the heads up.

LUALBA
04-26-2018, 09:52 AM
HCL is superior to Monohydrate on alot of different levels. I couldn't tolerate the Mono. I love the HCL.

Can you give me the Link of the Creatine HCL that you use CD, please?

Cdsnuts
04-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Can you give me the Link of the Creatine HCL that you use CD, please?

This is the best I've ever used: https://amzn.to/2JzeYrQ

LUALBA
05-02-2018, 09:52 PM
This is the best I've ever used: https://amzn.to/2JzeYrQ

Thanks CD!

Cdsnuts
05-14-2018, 07:02 PM
Thanks CD!

You got it.

bizzbee
05-14-2018, 07:03 PM
What about con - cret creatine?

You got it.

Cdsnuts
05-14-2018, 07:06 PM
What about con - cret creatine?

Concrete is great, especially because it's in capsules. The Kaged muscle stuff is just as good but it's cheaper because it's in powder form. If you can take the taste, then dollar for dollar, this is where it's at.