PDA

View Full Version : New jumbo George Foreman grill - an anabolic eater's dream come true

Freepressright
11-30-2012, 09:01 AM
My new girlfriend bought me one of the newest jumbo George Foreman grills for my birthday, and I must stop and question why I never bought one of these years ago. It makes grilling meat for the anabolic eater so damned easy. Turkey burgers from frozen to done in seven minutes with no flipping, grilling chicken and steak is a breeze, and so is fish and any other number of meat items.

It cleans up super easy too. This makes cooking meat so much easier. I'm loving mine. Anyone else out there have one?

h2s
11-30-2012, 09:06 AM
I love mine. I have one of the removable plate ones that allows you to grill, bake, or use specialty plates (like mini-burger makers). Quick and easy, and cooks well too.

DJM
11-30-2012, 09:08 AM
used to have a big one, grill 5-6breasts of chkn in 15min and tupperware them with rice
i have a smaller one now, just to have

amazing product thats been copied so many times just never as well

Freepressright
11-30-2012, 09:22 AM
I don't know why I didn't invest in one of these sooner. It's been getting plenty of use.

Coolazice
11-30-2012, 09:30 AM
I have owned 3 different sizes and styles of Foreman Grills over the last 13+ years. They are definitely a time saver.

sandman
11-30-2012, 12:45 PM
i've had 3 grills and none of them are worth it imo, the taste is never as good as it could be and you really only save a couple minutes here or there

h2s
11-30-2012, 01:00 PM
i've had 3 grills and none of them are worth it imo, the taste is never as good as it could be and you really only save a couple minutes here or there

Compared to what...a charcoal/gas grill? Of course not and no one expects it that good. but for in the house convenience it is fast and healthy.

Freepressright
11-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Compared to what...a charcoal/gas grill? Of course not and no one expects it that good. but for in the house convenience it is fast and healthy.

^^This

sandman
11-30-2012, 01:39 PM

for an extra 5 minutes it takes i'll use the grill every time or for chicken i prefer the oven, throw it in, take a shower, by the time your done the foods ready and doesn't taste like dried out tomatoes

longBallLima
11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
its a good product, but i find myself avoiding mine often because it makes the meat so dry. i eat so much goddamn chicken that when its dry, it just takes me forever because its so damn chewy lol

i know, im a whiny baby!

sandman
11-30-2012, 01:58 PM
its a good product, but i find myself avoiding mine often because it makes the meat so dry. i eat so much goddamn chicken that when its dry, it just takes me forever because its so damn chewy lol

i know, im a whiny baby!

same here, when preparing your meals in advance it's almost uneatable from the foreman grill

Rulk
11-30-2012, 04:51 PM
I like my grill better than the foreman, but there are times when the foreman gets its fair share of abuse. In the summer time I eat just about everything ( meatwise ) from the grill. I would do it year round, but sometimes it's just plain easier to use the foreman. I live in a condo and the deck is not really covered, so I guess it's weather dependant.

iron
11-30-2012, 06:35 PM
My new girlfriend bought me one of the newest jumbo George Foreman grills for my birthday, and I must stop and question why I never bought one of these years ago. It makes grilling meat for the anabolic eater so damned easy. Turkey burgers from frozen to done in seven minutes with no flipping, grilling chicken and steak is a breeze, and so is fish and any other number of meat items.

It cleans up super easy too. This makes cooking meat so much easier. I'm loving mine. Anyone else out there have one?

2nd that, love the gf grill, fast and easy way to make my lunch for the week i like to throw on a steak with some green onions mmmmmmmmm

- - - Updated - - -

I like my grill better than the foreman, but there are times when the foreman gets its fair share of abuse. In the summer time I eat just about everything ( meatwise ) from the grill. I would do it year round, but sometimes it's just plain easier to use the foreman. I live in a condo and the deck is not really covered, so I guess it's weather dependant.

if i remember right you live in the nw too so we got rain most of the damn year but our summers are ones to cherish the outdoor cooking

iron
11-30-2012, 06:37 PM
same here, when preparing your meals in advance it's almost uneatable from the foreman grill

yeah ive made many steaks that i couldnt finish off and kept for lunch the next day, and the steak coming right out of the pyrex is bone dry, i think theres a secret to making your meat not 'bleed' but rather retain all the moisture but cant remember

BBG
03-14-2013, 10:45 PM
The fuck... I just blend up all my meat in a magic bullet and drink it down... come on guys who has time to cook nowadays?

Freepressright
03-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Back on this topic, since you've resurrected it, I've had no issues making super juicy meat on mine. My sons and I marinated deer steak in A1 teriyaki ginger marinade and wow, it was super tender and juicy. Same with chicken and anything else I've made on it. I love this thing :)

Fat Bill Dwyer
03-15-2013, 10:21 AM
X2, foreman makes meat eating easy.

longBallLima
03-15-2013, 10:40 AM
yeah ive made many steaks that i couldnt finish off and kept for lunch the next day, and the steak coming right out of the pyrex is bone dry, i think theres a secret to making your meat not 'bleed' but rather retain all the moisture but cant remember

"rest" the meat. after cooking the steak, let it just sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting into it. :)

Freepressright
03-15-2013, 11:49 AM
"rest" the meat. after cooking the steak, let it just sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting into it. :)

Exactly! A lot of guys cut right into it and it causes it to lose all its juices :)

LBC-83
03-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Wrap it in a piece of foil, cook it in its juices. Doesn't get much easier.

longBallLima
03-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Wrap it in a piece of foil, cook it in its juices. Doesn't get much easier.

i no like deez

the meat gets sort of a boiled consistency :(