PDA

View Full Version : Post Anastrozole Syndrome... yep. I'm thinking what you're thinking too.

Jaydoe
10-19-2017, 06:14 PM
Hi guys, Just want to say I sympathize greatly for all of you. I've read everyones story. It's truly amazing how strong some of you have been and it has given me a lot of hope during this really dark time in my life. The vibe over here is way better than PH.

A little about myself, I'm 24, on TRT for 3.5 years at 120mg a week. Didn't need it before, just didn't want to come off a cycle I did. Felt incredible these last 3.5 years with my T level in the normal, but high side of range. Raging libido, great strength, well being, full head of hair, lived a healthy life style always below 10% BF.

So... the title means exactly what you think it means. I have similar issues you guys are having, except with estrogen receptor instead of the androgen receptor. Which one is worse? I couldn't tell you. IF you think I'm being facetious or trolling, please look at these threads I've made and that I've commented in. Also, another user, lowE2sucks has the SAME issue as me. Did it the same way. Has the same side effects.

My username is nurselyfe
I accidentally took too much Arimidex...did I screw myself!? - Page 2 (https://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?12229-I-accidentally-took-too-much-Arimidex-did-I-screw-myself%21/page2)

Summary of what happened:

1. Used anastrozole for the majority of my time on TRT with no issues. Sometimes I made my E2 go too low, not an issue, I'd stop the anastrazole and my E2 would bounce back just fine.

2. In late May, I crashed my E2 to 0 for 2 weeks. Symptoms we're blunt mood, annoyed, anhedonia, water retention, crying, shit pump in gym. i kept taking arimidex during that period because i had water retention, indicating high E2.

6/10-6/13 E2 came back up because I stopped the arimidex, T started working great again, I felt 85% back to normal, lost a lot of water, gained strength again, looked full and vascular, happy and calm. but around 6/14 i got high e2 symptoms. but i bet you my E2 was still low. i was getting high e2 symptoms because my ERs were hypersensitive and upregulated (my theory), so even just a bit of E2 will give me high E2 symptoms, so i took more arimidex.

6/15-6/24 crashed to zero. stopped arimidex on 6/19, but i took 1.25mg that day. on 6/24 i returned to 75% normal. I felt amazing regardless. this lasted until 6/27 when i got high e2 symtoms again. took .25mg arimidex on 6/30... crashed AGAIN the next day.

7/3 went out and partied. during the day my E2 came back up. i felt 50% normal again. but i looked pretty good still.

7/7 - crashed e2 again with .25mg adex, returned to 40% normal after

crashed again 2 more times, leaving me at 25% normal.

8/27 - 1 dose of nolva made my symptoms permanently way worse

took 1 dose of clomid a month later - ruined my life even more

Bloods show that my everything is normal. High T (1200ish). E2 35. I've gotten tons of blood work. Everything. Everything looks fine. But as you know with PFS you do NOT feel this way with "normal" bloodwork. I feel a long way from how I used to feel wit all of this, like 5-10% normal.

Currently feeling depersonalization, anxiety, depression, never feel calm, racing thoughts, severe water retention, mild ED, low libido, severe hair loss, loss of muscle fullness, muscle wastage, low appetite, no pumps in gym, lost veins, no morning erections, no spontaneous erections, slow nail growth, dry skin, anhedonia, loss of drive.

I don't have gut issues, I don't have lack of hair growth, I can get my guy 85% hard with manual stimulation, my dick hasn't shrank, I can sleep just fine.

Now I want you to understand that I was never like this. I didn't know what depression or anxiety was. Never had ED, never had low libido, always had thick full hair, etc. Typical things PFS sufferers say, they were never like this. My E2 has returned to normal and haven't touched an AI in a long time. Yet, I still feel low estrogen symptoms. All my bloodwork looks normal. My endo wants to do more blood work so if you guys want ill post it here but its going to come back normal.

At some point, probably after this semester I want to start implementing CD's full protocol. I can't right now because I have clinical 3x a week and 4 didactic lectures. The only issue is that I cannot come off TRT. My testicles do not respond to HCG first off (going to talk to the Endo about this), and clomid and nolva make me feel permanently worse, probably because they act as synthetic estrogens. I've noticed any time my estrogen goes up I feel much worse and its permanent. So that's out of the question for now.

My issue is that I'm not really sure how to approach this since I cannot come off TRT and risk becoming worse. Do I still purchase the herbs? Obviously going to implement everything else.

Jaydoe
10-21-2017, 03:42 PM
PFS = Autoimmune Disorder, MUST READ : General (http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10852&p=101391#p101391)

Don't mean to bring up PH but this guy had exactly what I have. I heard he committed suicide due to having both PFS and the estrogen insensitivity.

NoOtherHeart
10-23-2017, 12:12 PM
There is another user who goes by simeoni who seems to be going through the same thing.

Jaydoe
10-23-2017, 02:28 PM
Yep I know of him on Excelmale. I told him we have the same thing, except his is to a much lesser extent. I was actually in his shoes back in June after my first crash. Except I made it 10x worse over the course of several months.

ginge1612
10-23-2017, 05:07 PM
There is an active user on Solvepfs called Konflict who has the same.

jimmyjonas
10-24-2017, 03:03 PM
Hi guys, Just want to say I sympathize greatly for all of you. I've read everyones story. It's truly amazing how strong some of you have been and it has given me a lot of hope during this really dark time in my life. The vibe over here is way better than PH.

A little about myself, I'm 24, on TRT for 3.5 years at 120mg a week. Didn't need it before, just didn't want to come off a cycle I did. Felt incredible these last 3.5 years with my T level in the normal, but high side of range. Raging libido, great strength, well being, full head of hair, lived a healthy life style always below 10% BF.

So... the title means exactly what you think it means. I have similar issues you guys are having, except with estrogen receptor instead of the androgen receptor. Which one is worse? I couldn't tell you. IF you think I'm being facetious or trolling, please look at these threads I've made and that I've commented in. Also, another user, lowE2sucks has the SAME issue as me. Did it the same way. Has the same side effects.

My username is nurselyfe
I accidentally took too much Arimidex...did I screw myself!? - Page 2 (https://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?12229-I-accidentally-took-too-much-Arimidex-did-I-screw-myself%21/page2)

Summary of what happened:

1. Used anastrozole for the majority of my time on TRT with no issues. Sometimes I made my E2 go too low, not an issue, I'd stop the anastrazole and my E2 would bounce back just fine.

2. In late May, I crashed my E2 to 0 for 2 weeks. Symptoms we're blunt mood, annoyed, anhedonia, water retention, crying, shit pump in gym. i kept taking arimidex during that period because i had water retention, indicating high E2.

6/10-6/13 E2 came back up because I stopped the arimidex, T started working great again, I felt 85% back to normal, lost a lot of water, gained strength again, looked full and vascular, happy and calm. but around 6/14 i got high e2 symptoms. but i bet you my E2 was still low. i was getting high e2 symptoms because my ERs were hypersensitive and upregulated (my theory), so even just a bit of E2 will give me high E2 symptoms, so i took more arimidex.

6/15-6/24 crashed to zero. stopped arimidex on 6/19, but i took 1.25mg that day. on 6/24 i returned to 75% normal. I felt amazing regardless. this lasted until 6/27 when i got high e2 symtoms again. took .25mg arimidex on 6/30... crashed AGAIN the next day.

7/3 went out and partied. during the day my E2 came back up. i felt 50% normal again. but i looked pretty good still.

7/7 - crashed e2 again with .25mg adex, returned to 40% normal after

crashed again 2 more times, leaving me at 25% normal.

8/27 - 1 dose of nolva made my symptoms permanently way worse

took 1 dose of clomid a month later - ruined my life even more

Bloods show that my everything is normal. High T (1200ish). E2 35. I've gotten tons of blood work. Everything. Everything looks fine. But as you know with PFS you do NOT feel this way with "normal" bloodwork. I feel a long way from how I used to feel wit all of this, like 5-10% normal.

Currently feeling depersonalization, anxiety, depression, never feel calm, racing thoughts, severe water retention, mild ED, low libido, severe hair loss, loss of muscle fullness, muscle wastage, low appetite, no pumps in gym, lost veins, no morning erections, no spontaneous erections, slow nail growth, dry skin, anhedonia, loss of drive.

I don't have gut issues, I don't have lack of hair growth, I can get my guy 85% hard with manual stimulation, my dick hasn't shrank, I can sleep just fine.

Now I want you to understand that I was never like this. I didn't know what depression or anxiety was. Never had ED, never had low libido, always had thick full hair, etc. Typical things PFS sufferers say, they were never like this. My E2 has returned to normal and haven't touched an AI in a long time. Yet, I still feel low estrogen symptoms. All my bloodwork looks normal. My endo wants to do more blood work so if you guys want ill post it here but its going to come back normal.

At some point, probably after this semester I want to start implementing CD's full protocol. I can't right now because I have clinical 3x a week and 4 didactic lectures. The only issue is that I cannot come off TRT. My testicles do not respond to HCG first off (going to talk to the Endo about this), and clomid and nolva make me feel permanently worse, probably because they act as synthetic estrogens. I've noticed any time my estrogen goes up I feel much worse and its permanent. So that's out of the question for now.

My issue is that I'm not really sure how to approach this since I cannot come off TRT and risk becoming worse. Do I still purchase the herbs? Obviously going to implement everything else.

Hi Jaydoe, welcome, can I make one obvious suggestion, I would STRONGLY advise against reading and posting stories of guys who have committed suicide from similar symptoms as yours, it’s not going to help you. I get it, during my early months of PFS, I wandered to the dark side and read many posts like above of guys who had taken their lives from similar symptoms as mine, I got stuck in a loop of trawling through negative shit online, I thought my god, I have exactly the same symptoms and this guy is dead, for a while I thought death was at the end of this for me because I had the most unique most horrible illness known to man, one that I could not come back from, but how else could I possibly feel if I was surrounding myself with stories of doom and negativity. I broke that loop by finding here and weening myself off other sites and only after doing this I noticed a lift in my my outlook and mood.

Look at it this way Im sure if I googled cases of people that took their lives after diagnosis of a serious illness such as Cancer, Alzheimers etc I would find thousands, suffering is not unique to this group by a long shot, HOWEVER that doesn’t mean it has to be you or me. Again getting your frame of mind right is a huge part of coming back from this and dropping the why me, poor me, Im the most fucked up person in the world etc, I did it, it didn’t help me in the slightest just pulled me further into the abyss.

I get that your case is a little different however as this regime is really a total system overhaul it cannot hurt you and will only improve things. In terms of TRT the consensus would be that it should be dropped, I haven’t tried it personally, I was tempted as it was recommended by a doctor in early days but I declined his offer, Im glad I did but i’m no expert on TRT so perhaps the more experienced members can advise on this before you do anything on that.

You’ve come to the right place, good luck with your recovery. P.S someone mentioned Konflict above, I would avoid reading his posts, it’s just all dread and doom and complaining, im sure he has been really fucked up by this as we ALL have but there comes a point were you got to say enough crying, I gotta get my shit together, do yourself a favour and read the recovery thread instead. Good luck

Jaydoe
10-29-2017, 06:26 PM
Jimmyjonas,

Thank you for taking your time to respond to me. I can tell that it was extremely genuine. I appreciate your advice and after today I'm done visiting those stories because they literally make me sick and nauseous.

I'm not sure if I can drop the TRT. Two reasons. I've been on for 3.5 years, who knows if I'll be able to recover. I cannot use clomid which I stated above, and I do not respond to HCG. Also, I don't want to make my current condition worse as it's pretty bad.

Jaydoe
10-30-2017, 11:03 AM
Has anyone with PFS ever taken TRT or herbs and it made them permanent worse? Then re-visit them again and seem to have a better reaction to them?

I noticed there's PFS sufferers who
1. Can take herbs and androgens and it makes them better
2. Can take herbs and androgens and it has no effect; better or worse
3. Take herbs and androgens and it makes them worse

Right now I fall into category 3. Anything that interacts with my E2 receptor which is like every herb (maca, iicarin, etc) and SERMS or E2 make me worse. I feel like my receptors are still in a hypersensitive state. If I increase my test dose I feel much worse in terms of low estrogen symptoms.

CD was able to take pro-hormones without getting worse. Perhaps I need to give it more time before I start anything?

Cdsnuts
10-30-2017, 01:22 PM
Has anyone with PFS ever taken TRT or herbs and it made them permanent worse? Then re-visit them again and seem to have a better reaction to them?

I noticed there's PFS sufferers who
1. Can take herbs and androgens and it makes them better
2. Can take herbs and androgens and it has no effect; better or worse
3. Take herbs and androgens and it makes them worse

Right now I fall into category 3. Anything that interacts with my E2 receptor which is like every herb (maca, iicarin, etc) and SERMS or E2 make me worse. I feel like my receptors are still in a hypersensitive state. If I increase my test dose I feel much worse in terms of low estrogen symptoms.

CD was able to take pro-hormones without getting worse. Perhaps I need to give it more time before I start anything?

It's pointless to rotate herbs while taking hormones. Pointless.

The protocol as you know isn't made to be piecemeal. it's all or nothing to get results.

You either have to ride it out until you can dedicate the proper amount of time to healing, or you play wack-a-mole and try doing what most people do, which is add in and take out a ton of different pharmaceuticals trying to get your levels right.

Those are your choices.

****And please DO NOT post anything from PH here. We all know what the posts on that site are like and there is no point linking them to here.

Jaydoe
10-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Sorry about linking PH.

I believe I have to get off of TRT but I don't know if I will ever recover without the use of SERMs and HCG (which I do not respond to).

Feel like there's no point in trying the whole protocol without coming off of TRT.

Just confused on what to do.

Cdsnuts
10-30-2017, 03:56 PM
Sorry about linking PH.

I believe I have to get off of TRT but I don't know if I will ever recover without the use of SERMs and HCG (which I do not respond to).

Feel like there's no point in trying the whole protocol without coming off of TRT.

Just confused on what to do.

How old are you?

Regardless, you will recover given enough time. The protocol is very powerful. You just have to suck it up if you don't want to be on TRT for the rest of your life. The longer you're on it, the harder and harder it is to restart your system. You have to know going into it, you're going to have some down time, so to speak.

And it is pointless doing the protocol if you're still running hormones. That's why I said exactly that. Only you can make that decision.

Jaydoe
10-30-2017, 06:11 PM
How old are you?

Regardless, you will recover given enough time. The protocol is very powerful. You just have to suck it up if you don't want to be on TRT for the rest of your life. The longer you're on it, the harder and harder it is to restart your system. You have to know going into it, you're going to have some down time, so to speak.

And it is pointless doing the protocol if you're still running hormones. That's why I said exactly that. Only you can make that decision.

I'm 24. I'm a firm believer in your protocol, its the most practical and clearly effective approach to this, but like you said there's no point for me to even try if I'm on TRT.

ps. hear you're an ocean county guy :cool:

Cdsnuts
10-30-2017, 06:21 PM
I'm 24. I'm a firm believer in your protocol, its the most practical and clearly effective approach to this, but like you said there's no point for me to even try if I'm on TRT.

ps. hear you're an ocean county guy :cool:You too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jaydoe
10-30-2017, 06:35 PM
You too?

Yep, asbury.

Cdsnuts
10-30-2017, 06:36 PM
Yep, asbury.That's Monmouth County

Jaydoe
10-30-2017, 06:41 PM
That's Monmouth County

Oh whoops. Technically from ocean township, on the border of Asbury, but most people recognize Asbury over ocean twnshp

Cdsnuts
10-31-2017, 02:01 PM
Oh whoops. Technically from ocean township, on the border of Asbury, but most people recognize Asbury over ocean twnshp

That makes three Ocean County guys on this board alone. Me, you and Tubzy. What are the chances?

Jaydoe
10-31-2017, 04:34 PM
That makes three Ocean County guys on this board alone. Me, you and Tubzy. What are the chances?

Hey man, jersey shore is where it's at. Especially the girls.

Cdsnuts
11-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Hey man, jersey shore is where it's at. Especially the girls.

Meh...it's not like we can pick where we're born. I just find it interesting that as big as the world is, you have three guys from the same county on such a small forum.

Master Mal
11-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Meh...it's not like we can pick where we're born. I just find it interesting that as big as the world is, you have three guys from the same county on such a small forum.

Awesome. I'm from Mercer County myself.

Cdsnuts
11-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Awesome. I'm from Mercer County myself.

Where abouts? Any where near Trenton?

Both Tubzy and I are from Toms River.