PDA

View Full Version : Zinc supplementation for a PFS person to add into the protocol.

K8668B
12-04-2017, 02:50 PM
A buddy of mine has been saying that zinc is really good to boost free testosterone levels.

Ive done a decent amount of reading and researching, about whether zinc is good for a person with pfs, and i keep reading conflicting info.

I got a bottle OptiZinc by source naturals. Capsules. It has 30mg of zinc monomethionine and 300mcg of copper sebacate in it. Havent tried it yet. I want to try it, but wouldnt want to make myself worse if it were bad. But not sure.

Anybody here have any experience with Zinc?

jacknap
12-04-2017, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't mess around with it. gbolduev is a pfs recoverer and he he did it by manipulating minerals. zinc and copper are some of the ones he mentions but I haven't found a clear pupil of his that's recovered yet. So to be determined. Too much zinc from my reading on hackstasis can castrate u further with pfs apparently somehow.

Cdnuts protocol is extensive enough as it is and you're getting all the minerals u need from the shilajit/diet/and other herbs/supps mentioned.

K8668B
12-04-2017, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't mess around with it. gbolduev is a pfs recoverer and he he did it by manipulating minerals. zinc and copper are some of the ones he mentions but I haven't found a clear pupil of his that's recovered yet. So to be determined. Too much zinc from my reading on hackstasis can castrate u further with pfs apparently somehow.

Cdnuts protocol is extensive enough as it is and you're getting all the minerals u need from the shilajit/diet/and other herbs/supps mentioned.

Ive been on hackstasis a few times. I like that forum. I didnt do any extensive research on hackstasis about zinc however. (I barely even get time to even do research on the internet anymore)

If thats the case then im probably gonna stay away from the zinc then. I read that it is another 5AR inhibitor like propecia. But like i said, i read some conflicting stuff. So yeah

basementdweller
12-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Ive been on hackstasis a few times. I like that forum. I didnt do any extensive research on hackstasis about zinc however. (I barely even get time to even do research on the internet anymore)

If thats the case then im probably gonna stay away from the zinc then. I read that it is another 5AR inhibitor like propecia. But like i said, i read some conflicting stuff. So yeah

For what it's worth, zinc (12.5mg/day) made my libido and orgasm intensity surge to pretty much pre-crash levels a few times but the surge would only last 2-3 days so I'd stop for a week and then repeat. That's when I was on TRT though and it probably affected the results. It gave me a good mental feeling too

Maxout777
12-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Keep it simple. Stick to one routine.....while there's nothing wrong with other alternative methods to heal, mixing them together just further clouds a cloudy journey...

jacknap
12-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Don't supplement with zinc. Eat oysters for zinc.

which oysters u like dude?

I haven't been able to find a clean source of it in toronto so thinking of ordering from iherb

most likely gunna get these ones

Crown Prince Natural, Naturally Smoked Oysters, In Pure Olive Oil, 3 oz (85 g) - iHerb.com (https://ca.iherb.com/pr/Crown-Prince-Natural-Naturally-Smoked-Oysters-In-Pure-Olive-Oil-3-oz-85-g/27598)

K8668B
12-19-2017, 06:53 PM
I totally forgot i made this thread.

I had that 2 month setback as i mentioned in my blog. i was down and out as i mentioned.

i went ahead and added the zinc into the protocol. i was down and out, and completely forgot about this thread. and omg, it has brought me out of the hole!!! I have some libido now and my old energy levels, from 3-4 months ago. not a silver bullet, but it has helped me alot!!! i have a crap load of energy too. i cycle it, and i dont abuse it. finally
something that works for me!!

supposedly its a 5ar inhibitor, but the REAL studies show the opposite. seems true for me. it might not work for others, but it seems to work for ME. for now. it is optizinc by source naturals. bought it at the vitamin shoppe. it contains zinc monomethionine 30mg, and copper sebacate 300mcg. wow. i had to post.

K8668B
12-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Do Zinc Supplements Inhibit DHT? - Supernatural Acne Treatment (http://supernaturalacnetreatment.com/does-zinc-reduce-dht/)

Pageidol
12-21-2017, 01:15 PM
Thats interesting mate keep us posted

K8668B
12-21-2017, 05:43 PM
I will!

xxLUK
12-30-2017, 01:04 AM
Always try and buy fresh if possible. I had a great source in my old town but I've just moved to New Zealand so I'm trying to source everything as best I can while getting set up.

It's funny you linked those because they are what I will be using until I can find a good local source. I'm not huge on olive oil but once drained it's only going to be a tiny amount. If you can't get fresh those seem to be the next best.

lol im in nz too wats up

Pageidol
12-30-2017, 04:41 AM
Bloody love nz, spent 5 weeks there 3 years ago on a stray bus 🚌 haha

K8668B
01-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Update about zinc.

Ive had many great days on this zinc supplement. id say its been about 2 weeks or more. Definitely more good than bad days. I still had a few bad days, energywise, but its all about dosing and finding the sweet spot. I am still finding that sweet spot. I respond very well to this. This has literally saved my life, and gotten me out of the hole from the setback i had that lasted 2 months or however long it was. It has not "castrated me further". If anything the opposite. Libido/dick is either the same usually, or sometimes a tiny bit higher actually. Lots of energy though mainly from the zinc, which i like alot! Ive been having much better digestion from it too. Sometimes even superior digestion. From my personal experiences, it seems like higher testosterone = reduced digestive issues. Ive been getting some acne and some slight oily skin from this. The supposed fact of zinc being a 5ar inhibitor seems like bullshit to me, from my personal experience. It may be, it might not. And it might not work as well for others like its working for me.

Pageidol
01-01-2018, 05:45 PM
What dosage mate?

K8668B
01-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Its 1 tablet at night before bedtime. Which contains Zinc monomethionine 30mg, and copper sebacate 300mcg.

im using OptiZinc by source naturals.

Cdsnuts
01-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Its 1 tablet at night before bedtime. Which contains Zinc monomethionine 30mg, and copper sebacate 300mcg.

im using OptiZinc by source naturals.

I would cut back on the zinc dosage...maybe every other night. You don't want to over do it.

K8668B
01-10-2018, 09:12 AM
I would cut back on the zinc dosage...maybe every other night. You don't want to over do it.

Im thinking of doing that. Sometimes i was up to two tablets a day. sometimes 1 a day. sometimes ill take two days off. in the last two days, my libido has been down, but my energy is UP. its weird. but theres been times when my libido has been up on this too. my insane horniness immediately after a gym workout has diminished slightly, in the last two days. i might take a break from it. however energy is up like crazy, especially yesterday. the day before yesterday had brain fog and head pressure. the day before that, had super high energy. maybe its because ive been off of the horny goat weed capsules. i was on them again for 30 days or so, and they finally wore off. going to do another 2 week break from them.

Could be anything. There definitely is something there with Zinc though. The positives outweigh the negatives.

Cdsnuts
01-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Im thinking of doing that. Sometimes i was up to two tablets a day. sometimes 1 a day. sometimes ill take two days off. in the last two days, my libido has been down, but my energy is UP. its weird. but theres been times when my libido has been up on this too. my insane horniness immediately after a gym workout has diminished slightly, in the last two days. i might take a break from it. however energy is up like crazy, especially yesterday. the day before yesterday had brain fog and head pressure. the day before that, had super high energy. maybe its because ive been off of the horny goat weed capsules. i was on them again for 30 days or so, and they finally wore off. going to do another 2 week break from them.

Could be anything. There definitely is something there with Zinc though. The positives outweigh the negatives.

Insane horniness? Sounds promising.

K8668B
01-11-2018, 12:52 PM
Insane horniness? Sounds promising.

LOLOL!!! ill take that back... "insane" horniness might have been a slight exaggeration! i just meant that horniness i would get after a morning workout just because i feel so good and energized from the workout. it feels "insane" for me because im a pfser. a normal person after the same workout would probably be like 5x what i am. haha. and i didnt take the zinc yesterday, and i kinda got some more of that feeling back after my workout. so thats good. could be because i stopped the prolab horny goat weed capsules. i can now take those for at least a month, and still keep getting benefits from them. but i stopped them because they worse off as usual. going to wait another 10-12 days, and they will work again.

Cdsnuts
01-11-2018, 01:39 PM
LOLOL!!! ill take that back... "insane" horniness might have been a slight exaggeration! i just meant that horniness i would get after a morning workout just because i feel so good and energized from the workout. it feels "insane" for me because im a pfser. a normal person after the same workout would probably be like 5x what i am. haha. and i didnt take the zinc yesterday, and i kinda got some more of that feeling back after my workout. so thats good. could be because i stopped the prolab horny goat weed capsules. i can now take those for at least a month, and still keep getting benefits from them. but i stopped them because they worse off as usual. going to wait another 10-12 days, and they will work again.

Well you know my opinion on running an herb that long, so no need to get into that.

Any horniness is good in your state....no?

K8668B
01-13-2018, 08:45 AM
Horniness is great. The more the better.

K8668B
01-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Was also trying to update about zinc. On my phone, but it just logged me out. Pain in the ass. I have a great update about zinc but ill post it tonight. Gotta head into work.

Cdsnuts
01-13-2018, 06:34 PM
Was also trying to update about zinc. On my phone, but it just logged me out. Pain in the ass. I have a great update about zinc but ill post it tonight. Gotta head into work.

Sounds promising KB. Please share when you get the chance.

K8668B
01-13-2018, 08:19 PM
Zinc is amazing. I love it. But the thing is, theres a sweet spot with it. If im "topped off", then i need to cut back, or even take a day or two off. Once it builds up enough in your system, you need to cut back. Mostly likely one day off. Too much zinc can make me feel like shit, but also not enough zinc can make me feel like shit. When im in that sweet spot area, i feel fucking amazing!!

I recorded how ive felt on zinc from last sunday to today. last sunday, super energy, felt great. monday had terrible brain fog, head pressure, and low energy. it made me housebound the entire day. so by monday i already started tapering down a little bit, and just taking slightly less. (fuck, i cant remember how much i was up too ) tuesday felt great. wed felt great. thurs felt great. Friday felt like shit. today felt great. all i can remember is that i went all of wednesday and thursday without taking ANY zinc. so after 2 days of no zinc, i had that shitty friday (yesterday). so i just took a half tablet in the morning, and a half tablet at bedtime yesterday. same with today.

and libido.. was worried that around sun/mon/tues or whatever, that my libido was a few % lower.. well maybe... but i dont think it was zinc now. i stopped taking for 2 days and it did seem like my libido came back up to normal, however i had that energy crash on friday, so i got back on zinc. now my energy came back, and my libido is a few % higher today.

so out of 7 days total, i had 5 good days, and 2 bad days.

the zinc is more for the energy it seems. but sometimes i would prefer the energy over libido. i had a period of 1 1/2 -2 months where my libido was slightly elevated, but i had fatigue and lethargy.

libido/dick is the #1 goal, but its not worth shit when your energy is lowered and youre fatigued.

K8668B
01-19-2018, 07:53 PM
It has been another week. I wanted to record the entire week before posting.

I just had 7 good days IN A ROW from the zinc!!! =) Some of these days were great! Some days my energy was through the roof! Euphoria!! =) Other days it was just good energy. Even got some libido/dick increases on some days!

I found my sweet spot it seems. I started cutting the tablets in half, so a half tablet in the morning, and a half tablet at bedtime. so 15mg of zinc in the morning, and 15mg at bedtime. and copper sebacate, 150mcg in the morning, and 150mcg at bedtime.

Now.. this wouldve sounded like the perfect post... and i was almost happy.. but of course something had to jynx it. so im gonna spill the beans. maybe this is just all in my head. its gonna sound retarded. as ridiculous as its going to sound, i have to post it anyway just so i can feel better. its like as of roughly a week ago, my face seems to have changed. for the worst. i had a good look all of 2017. but about a week ago, my face seems to have "thinned out", or gotten more "elongated". skin seems slightly oily too. maybe not oily, but just different. i hate this shit, its not me. i think the zinc or copper may have had something to do with this. i dont like the super skinny face look . i liked my old masculine facial structure.

so my face looks different and not the way i want it to be..... yet i FEEL good at the same time. i dont get it myself either...

edit- and also, about the face change.. i forgot to mention that also about a week or so ive completely switched over to bottled water, and i drank a shitload of em throughout the day. figured it would be better on the gut. i try to avoid tap water completely if i can. especially this shit ass florida tap water, lmao. but drinking such an amount of pure water during the day, could that maybe be changing my face?

jimmyjonas
01-20-2018, 04:54 AM
Overall that sounds really good man, I’m honestly not sure about the facial changes if zinc could do that but it sounds like it’s having a really positive effect on you, glad for you, know you’ve had a long road with this but sounds like it’s doing the trick along with everything else, I’ve added in zinc and copper day off day on for past three weeks and it definitely has had a positive effect on my libido.

Hulk Smash
01-20-2018, 07:05 AM
It has been another week. I wanted to record the entire week before posting.

I just had 7 good days IN A ROW from the zinc!!! =) Some of these days were great! Some days my energy was through the roof! Euphoria!! =) Other days it was just good energy. Even got some libido/dick increases on some days!

I found my sweet spot it seems. I started cutting the tablets in half, so a half tablet in the morning, and a half tablet at bedtime. so 15mg of zinc in the morning, and 15mg at bedtime. and copper sebacate, 150mcg in the morning, and 150mcg at bedtime.

Now.. this wouldve sounded like the perfect post... and i was almost happy.. but of course something had to jynx it. so im gonna spill the beans. maybe this is just all in my head. its gonna sound retarded. as ridiculous as its going to sound, i have to post it anyway just so i can feel better. its like as of roughly a week ago, my face seems to have changed. for the worst. i had a good look all of 2017. but about a week ago, my face seems to have "thinned out", or gotten more "elongated". skin seems slightly oily too. maybe not oily, but just different. i hate this shit, its not me. i think the zinc or copper may have had something to do with this. i dont like the super skinny face look . i liked my old masculine facial structure.

so my face looks different and not the way i want it to be..... yet i FEEL good at the same time. i dont get it myself either...

edit- and also, about the face change.. i forgot to mention that also about a week or so ive completely switched over to bottled water, and i drank a shitload of em throughout the day. figured it would be better on the gut. i try to avoid tap water completely if i can. especially this shit ass florida tap water, lmao. but drinking such an amount of pure water during the day, could that maybe be changing my face?

You don't sound ridiculous. I think what you're experiencing is a common thing I found in reading recoveries. Several guys have noticed things go from good to bad to worse to better. The most we can do is push our bodies to produce more TEST, DHT & HGH. Its the only way I can think of that improves bone, along with calcium, magnesium and vitamin D.

Its possible that your test levels are in a slight downswing, at least in your facial area.
Also this could be your body adapting and finding its normal state again.
Considering your improvements...Oily skin most likely is increased androgen levels!

There is one possibility as well, too much zinc is lowering 5ar/DHT and thereby giving you the test boosts you're feeling but DHT is a stronger hormone for manly features. Just be careful, maybe you should cycle the zinc sparingly.

K8668B
01-20-2018, 06:40 PM
Good points hulk!

Jado
09-09-2021, 11:32 PM
Good points hulk!

How'd zinc wind up in the end?