PDA

View Full Version : Modafinil, anyone tried it? and is it safe for PFSers?

xxLUK
01-16-2018, 09:45 PM
Title says it all, I have some friends who are on it. A friend of mine who has been on it for a year or 2 and he can only speak of the benefits of it, but I'd like to know if it'd be safe for PFSers? Anyone given it a shot before?

jacknap
01-17-2018, 01:46 AM
I have used it 20+ times before I had pfs and twice before I crashed. I still think it had to do with me crashing.

I would not recommend at all during pfs. It raises dopamine but at the expense of gaba and our gaba is already way too low with lowered allopregnanalone.

can't wait to fully recover to use it again.

ALSO. when u recover if u plan to use it. start at like a microscopic dose because 1 in 1000 people who use it can get steven johnsons syndrome which might be 10x worse than pfs. your skin literally falls off and irreversible.

for a lift just use coffee.. possibly yohimbine and rhodiola.

it's one of my favourite drugs though for sure. really good for researching/reading/technical work. Fatigue is dialed down like crazy. Rhodiola surprisingly is like the herbal modafinil.

basementdweller
01-17-2018, 04:21 PM
I have used it 20+ times before I had pfs and twice before I crashed. I still think it had to do with me crashing.

I would not recommend at all during pfs. It raises dopamine but at the expense of gaba and our gaba is already way too low with lowered allopregnanalone.

can't wait to fully recover to use it again.

ALSO. when u recover if u plan to use it. start at like a microscopic dose because 1 in 1000 people who use it can get steven johnsons syndrome which might be 10x worse than pfs. your skin literally falls off and irreversible.

for a lift just use coffee.. possibly yohimbine and rhodiola.

it's one of my favourite drugs though for sure. really good for researching/reading/technical work. Fatigue is dialed down like crazy. Rhodiola surprisingly is like the herbal modafinil.

I'm really glad to have learned that about steven johnson's syndrome. I have a barely touched bottle of modafinil that I will be disposing of now

jacknap
01-17-2018, 06:12 PM
yo can I have it? my parents tossed all my drugs after I crashed haha I had like 100 modafinil pills :(

Cdsnuts
01-17-2018, 06:18 PM
yo can I have it? my parents tossed all my drugs after I crashed haha I had like 100 modafinil pills :(

Lol

Maxout777
01-17-2018, 10:27 PM
I took it to fight fatigue when I was younger, and enlisted - I'd just avoid it.

basementdweller
01-18-2018, 05:21 PM

sure, msg me on facebook. It's an old script for 30 and I only used a few of them

Cdsnuts
01-18-2018, 06:11 PM
sure, msg me on facebook. It's an old script for 30 and I only used a few of them

Bingo Jacknap.....lol.