PDA

View Full Version : Cycle Log- Bouldering/Rock climbing

casually_crushi
12-02-2012, 08:53 AM
What's up everybody, I was a big fan of the Primordial products/forum and wanted to contribute here. I am currently on week 4 of a Test E cycle, 180mg e3d and I'm loving it and killing it in the gym. Anyway, I have tried epistane/dhea in the past and enjoyed that as well. My diet is on point.. i.e. I eat egg whites, chicken breast, almonds, brown rice(pasta), etc. Basically I've left simple sugars behind, which is a departure from most in the climbing community who don't care/think about these things. I would love to go into more detail, but don't want to waste time if it doesn't benefit you guys that are lifting weights. If anyone would be interested in this log, let me know. I'm 23, 5-9, 160lb, don't know bf% but pic will show it's ~10%. My goal is to slowly recomp over the cycle, improve power/power endurance, and basically to start climbing V8 and above.

Rulk
12-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Welcome to Swole Source casually_! run the log, it's good to see different types of training and goals.

BBG
12-03-2012, 12:20 AM
I'm interested, I love bouldering/climbing (or I did when I could do it! lol)

h2s
12-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Definitely something new. Welcome, and I will follow.

casually_crushi
12-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't get any emails so I figured no one was interested. So... since there is some interest... :)

Starting weight: 160
Current weight: 167

I am 5 weeks into the cycle now. My diet is the same every day, except for a couple times eating out a week to keep things interesting. I also take super cissus which keeps me injury free, amazingly. Other than that, aromasin 6.75mg ed, lots of water, fish oil, etc.

Breakfast: 4 egg whites, 1 whole
1 medium sweet potato, steamed

Preworkout shake(~25g whey)

Workout/climb

Post workout shake (~45g whey)

Lunch
chicken breast, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
avocado

Dinner
chicken breast, 3/4 cup cooked brown rice, broccoli, almonds

Snacks: always consist of mixed nuts, or straight almonds

I haven't gotten on a nutritional calculator yet, because I get caught up in minutae sooooper easily and have found this is working for me. I don't eat more than 30g carbs at a time unless it is around my workout and when I need to fill up glycogen stores night before a workout, really. So as you can see, I am gaining weight on close to no calories and nutrient dense food. Pics will show I am not holding any extra water(extra weight is the enemy is climbing). So, I have learned so far that any bloat can be attributed to diet.

Anyway, just got back from the gym. I have more energy than I ever have, which I suppose says something at 22. Bouldering and climbing are just as much mental and experiential as they are physical, so I will not be quantifying my results by climbing x amount of V10 problems, and so on. Instead, I'll be gauging results according to power and power endurance gains. I'll be taking this out to 15-16 weeks, so I still have plenty of fun ahead. Goal is to basically casually crush what my limit is now by the end of the cycle. And a back shot: (Cmon guys don't make me show my bird chest haha)

casually_crushi
12-13-2012, 03:32 PM
(Cmon guys don't make me show my bird chest haha)

Test + PP blowout = GOOD TIMES

h2s
12-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Looks like this is going to be a fun ride.

Also, lol at your girl kickin back as she takes your pre-pics.

Scope75
12-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Looks like a fun run and sick stash!!

casually_crushi
12-14-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm interested, I love bouldering/climbing (or I did when I could do it! lol)

Do you want to get back in to it at all? There are some big guys, ~200lb that climb hard in my gym. I wouldn't want to do that to my joints, though.

Also, lol at your girl kickin back as she takes your pre-pics.

So far she is just as happy with the cycle as I am haha

Looks like a fun run and sick stash!!

Thanks, ya I hooked myself up for Xmas. :) As far as I know, my family got me shoes and my girl got me a cashmere sweater so I had to do somethin for myself lol