PDA

View Full Version : Things outside CD's regimen that have helped me personally

DrivenToRecover
04-16-2018, 08:48 PM
Lots of these things are scattered about the forum, so I thought I'd make my own condensed list that might be helpful to others! Feel free to add to it and or make your own!

Diet:

Drink tall glass of water with pink salt upon waking
6 pastured eggs daily
Bone broth
Lots of spinach
Nutritional yeast

Supplements:

Niacinamide
Malic Acid
Digestive enzymes
Bile salts
Low dose naltrexone
MSM/Sulfur
Ginger
Shilajit daily
Lisuride--sparingly on days I need to be my sharpest self: job interview, heavy workday, etc
BCAA/Tyrosine--for dopamine and pre workout
Taurine-- with meals
Potassium chloride/Mag chloride/ Beatine Hydrochloride with protein meals--I realized how fucked my stomach acid was when i puked, and it didn't burn my throat in the slightest. Definitely worth testing your own stomach acid.

Exercise:

Yoga--especially before bedtime to sleep amazingly well.
Rebounding on mini trampoline--stimulates lymphatic system and makes you feel great
Long walks in sunshine whenever possible

Lifestyle:

Juggling--I taught myself how to do this after reading about the brain benefits...the brain activation you feel after 5 minutes of juggling is insane.
Writing things and brushing your teeth with non-dominant hand--brain activation along the same lines as juggling
Liver flushes
Semen retention/abstinance
Oil pulling
Epsom salt baths
Self affirmations
Practicing grattitude
Smiling first thing everyday--I personally think about people I know that have passed away, and it makes me grateful as hell to wake up and have a chance to eventually make myself whole again. Really helps with perspective.

Damn
04-20-2018, 12:00 PM
I was thinking about this and, while there are a few items that would be worth listing (will do at some point), I think the most important thing for me was “simply” to get my focus off of PFS and off of myself.

How do you do this? Decide on a recovery plan and just get on with it…Quit thinking about it constantly and second guessing it every time you wake up with or without a hard on. Then, get on with your life. Get out with your friends and family and have fun. Throw yourself into your work, studies, interests. Take a genuine interest in others and how they are doing. Try volunteering…You will be amazed at what you learn from it and how rewarding and healing it can be. But, be forewarned…you may also be a little embarrassed when you realize what a whiny little bitch you have been when you see little kids with cancer, or with burns over their entire bodies. or who have been beaten almost to death by their parents who show more selflessness and courage than you have. Just get over yourself, get on with your life and make it meaningful.

Edit: I realized this may have sounded a bit "preachy"...It was not intended. When I was drowning in fear & self pity during the first couple weeks after my crash, I regretfully said to my teenage son "my life is over" to which he responded "if that's really how you feel then that is pretty fucking pathetic, Dad". That was my wake up that this was about more than just me.

CSM25
04-23-2018, 02:53 AM
Damn:
I agree with lots of what you said.
-getting mind off of pfs and self, I did some of this:
-Business (sometimes 247, only when significantly better of course -- not pre long water fast for me).
-Helping others, younger people, older people, friends.
-A best friend.
-Learning about people,
-Studying...(painful but if really interested not so bad, obsessed then).
-Walking,
-Music,
-Writing songs, essays, notes, ideas, thinking, projects, etc.
-Also more normal conversation with close friends and family, them seeing major improvements.
-Learning Coding
-A second language, etc.

Wow, at damn... I wish my family could actually speak about real things without provocation (anger, arguing, yelling, screaming, etc).
MYb when I have kids, and a level-headed wife (tho I'm "crazy", and so have been all the women in my life).

Cheftepesh1
04-23-2018, 08:53 AM
This is a pretty respectable list. Sometimes you just need to find one thing in your day that makes you happy. Even a small thing and this could make the difference.

DrivenToRecover
04-23-2018, 11:54 AM
I heard something the other day that's stuck with me...Everything you strive for in your life is ultimately for the positive emotional response that you think your action will bring about. Ex: you go to the gym and work your ass off because you know you'll feel great, and look great as a result. This in turn will continue to bring you more happiness.

The hard thing about pfs is you can be taking the exact same actions in your life as before, but the positive emotional responses are dampened...this can make you sometimes have the outlook of thinking "fuck it, whats the point." But it absolutely has a point. Honestly more than before.

A pity day spent couped up in your room vs a day of exercise, productivity, and thrills bring about radically different emotions...even when they're dampened by this thing.

Damn
04-23-2018, 12:09 PM
Damn:
I agree with lots of what you said.
-getting mind off of pfs and self, I did some of this:
-Business (sometimes 247, only when significantly better of course -- not pre long water fast for me).
-Helping others, younger people, older people, friends.
-A best friend.
-Learning about people,
-Studying...(painful but if really interested not so bad, obsessed then).
-Walking,
-Music,
-Writing songs, essays, notes, ideas, thinking, projects, etc.
-Also more normal conversation with close friends and family, them seeing major improvements.
-Learning Coding
-A second language, etc.

Wow, at damn... I wish my family could actually speak about real things without provocation (anger, arguing, yelling, screaming, etc).
MYb when I have kids, and a level-headed wife (tho I'm "crazy", and so have been all the women in my life).

Looks like a great list to me...Hope you're getting/get as much mileage out of it as I believe I did. Yeah, I can totally relate to the dysfunctional family thing...I found learning to establish healthy boundaries saved myself a lot of stress with that over the years.

Cdsnuts
04-25-2018, 04:48 AM
Lots of these things are scattered about the forum, so I thought I'd make my own condensed list that might be helpful to others! Feel free to add to it and or make your own!

Diet:

6 pastured eggs daily
Bone broth
Lots of spinach
Nutritional yeast

Supplements:

Niacinamide
Malic Acid
Digestive enzymes
Bile salts
Low dose naltrexone
MSM/Sulfur
Ginger
Shilajit daily
Lisuride--sparingly on days I need to be my sharpest self: job interview, heavy workday, etc
Taurine-- with meals
Potassium chloride/Mag chloride/ Beatine Hydrochloride with protein meals--I realized how fucked my stomach acid was when i puked, and it didn't burn my throat in the slightest. Definitely worth testing your own stomach acid.

Exercise:

Rebounding on mini trampoline--stimulates lymphatic system and makes you feel great

Lifestyle:

Juggling--I taught myself how to do this after reading about the brain benefits...the brain activation you feel after 5 minutes of juggling is insane.
Writing things and brushing your teeth with non-dominant hand--brain activation along the same lines as juggling
Liver flushes
Oil pulling
Epsom salt baths
Self affirmations
Practicing grattitude
Smiling first thing everyday--I personally think about people I know that have passed away, and it makes me grateful as hell to wake up and have a chance to eventually make myself whole again. Really helps with perspective.

Semen retention in regards to no fap is part of the program, but abstinence is not. It should't be for you either. If you can find a sensitive and caring partner to have sex with, it helps with hormones and neurosteroid production immensely. Being intimate with a woman comes with a complicated interplay of these steroids and hormones which can be very, very helpful to someone in your situation.

DrivenToRecover
04-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Semen retention in regards to no fap is part of the program, but abstinence is not. It should't be for you either. If you can find a sensitive and caring partner to have sex with, it helps with hormones and neurosteroid production immensely. Being intimate with a woman comes with a complicated interplay of these steroids and hormones which can be very, very helpful to someone in your situation.

Even if you have severe brain fog that comes on during/after sex? Definitely a high prolactin issue for me

jacknap
04-26-2018, 12:08 PM
Even if you have severe brain fog that comes on during/after sex? Definitely a high prolactin issue for me

I do find if I have a lot of sex it kinda worsens my sexual sides. I think I might have prolactin issues. Mucana is good for that as well as b6/vitamin e which u can get good amounts in liver and avocado.

DrivenToRecover
04-26-2018, 01:10 PM
I do find if I have a lot of sex it kinda worsens my sexual sides. I think I might have prolactin issues. Mucana is good for that as well as b6/vitamin e which u can get good amounts in liver and avocado.

Dopamine and prolactin antagonize each other so I find that cold exposure is the most effective thing to boost my dopamine back up and lower the prolactin post-nut.

Also, I'm stepping up my cold game here soon...Chest Freezer - The Set Up | Brian Mackenzie (Cold Exposure) - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KvDTqBKHr0)
Gonna try this out :)

Cdsnuts
04-27-2018, 04:46 PM

It may in the short term, but in the long term, sex is definitely recommended for healing. And didn't you just bang like five nights in a row? You're not doing that bad my friend.....lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Dopamine and prolactin antagonize each other so I find that cold exposure is the most effective thing to boost my dopamine back up and lower the prolactin post-nut.

Also, I'm stepping up my cold game here soon...Chest Freezer - The Set Up | Brian Mackenzie (Cold Exposure) - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KvDTqBKHr0)

Nice!! I may do something like this too. You're gonna love it!

CSM25
05-02-2018, 12:36 AM
Damn. Yes, boundaries are key. I tell ppl what I want em to know, not what they ask me.

Cdsnuts
05-21-2018, 09:32 PM

What do you think your timeline is on hooking this up? I'd be curious to know what you think of it when you've used it a bunch of times. I'm seriously thinking of doing this.

jacknap
05-22-2018, 08:15 AM
prolactin actually serves a good function but I forgot what it was. was listening to it on a podcast lol. damn pfs memory haha

DrivenToRecover
05-23-2018, 12:57 PM
What do you think your timeline is on hooking this up? I'd be curious to know what you think of it when you've used it a bunch of times. I'm seriously thinking of doing this.

My old chest freezer that I was going to use broke..Next week or two I should be using a new one daily.

From my college football days, I can remember hoping into ice baths that were so cold you had to break the solid sheet of ice to get in and out of the thing lol...you get out feeling like a fucking champ.

I honestly think Its less painful than a cold shower too. Its cold enough you get numbed up purdy quick.

DrivenToRecover
05-23-2018, 01:13 PM
prolactin actually serves a good function but I forgot what it was. was listening to it on a podcast lol. damn pfs memory haha

I'm sure some amount is good...just like you need some estrogen, but unquestionably pfs shoots up your prolactin. Which is something that I really haven't seen discussed here much. If your prolactin is sky high your motivation/dopamine is inherently low.

High dopamine and healthy receptors are essentially how you make things actually happen in your life that you want to happen...and cold exposure, nofap, and avoiding drug abuse are the best solutions.

I honestly believe that dopamine levels/receptors are the single best metrics that determine your quality of life.

DrivenToRecover
05-25-2018, 03:15 PM

Today was day 1 of chest freezer cold therapy. I did 15 minutes in 38 degree water and oh boyyyy, I feel like I've been on drugs all day.

Cdsnuts
05-25-2018, 03:34 PM
Today was day 1 of chest freezer cold therapy. I did 15 minutes in 38 degree water and oh boyyyy, I feel like I've been on drugs all day.15 minutes! That's impressive. Were you doing the breathing exercises the whole time? You felt the internal warmth correct? You must have been going on such an endorphin high it must have been amazing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

basementdweller
05-25-2018, 07:51 PM
what do you do? just fill a tub with ice water?

Cdsnuts
05-25-2018, 09:35 PM
what do you do? just fill a tub with ice water?

Ice isn't completely necessary. Freezing cold water will get you the same results.

DrivenToRecover
05-26-2018, 09:14 AM
15 minutes! That's impressive. Were you doing the breathing exercises the whole time? You felt the internal warmth correct? You must have been going on such an endorphin high it must have been amazing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I just did them before...straight into it after the sauna. I definitely felt the warmth. You actually don't feel cold again until youre out for 5-10 minutes and the numbness starts to wear off lol

Cdsnuts
05-28-2018, 08:58 AM
I just did them before...straight into it after the sauna. I definitely felt the warmth. You actually don't feel cold again until youre out for 5-10 minutes and the numbness sarts to wear off lol

That must feel amazing.

DrivenToRecover
05-28-2018, 03:49 PM
That must feel amazing.

Just A few days of doing it and mood is unmisteakably up. Also my skin is suddenly greasy! its been dry for years!

Cdsnuts
05-28-2018, 08:05 PM
Just A few days of doing it and mood is unmisteakably up. Also my skin is suddenly greasy! its been dry for years!

I'm completely sold on cold exposure. It's almost fucking magical.

basementdweller
06-02-2018, 12:07 PM
Does anyone have experience using DHM? Sounds promising for GABA problems

Cdsnuts
06-02-2018, 05:33 PM

Interesting. I've never even heard of this one.

jacknap
06-03-2018, 04:08 PM

can you link info / source? I think my issues rn are cortisol/gaba related for sure because ashwa and phen almost complete fix my sleep.

basementdweller
06-03-2018, 08:05 PM
looks like it's mostly used for hangovers and alcohol withdrawal, I'll be trying it when I start drinking again anyway

Dihydromyricetin As A Novel Anti-Alcohol Intoxication Medication (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3292407/)
Everything you need to know about Dihydromyricetin (DHM) (https://bulkdhm.com/dihydromyricetin/dihydromyricetin/)

Maxout777
06-03-2018, 08:58 PM
looks like it's mostly used for hangovers and alcohol withdrawal, I'll be trying it when I start drinking again anyway

Dihydromyricetin As A Novel Anti-Alcohol Intoxication Medication (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3292407/)
Everything you need to know about Dihydromyricetin (DHM) (https://bulkdhm.com/dihydromyricetin/dihydromyricetin/)

I'll try this later this month on a "bender trip" I've got coming up with some friends.

jacknap
06-04-2018, 10:26 AM
so would this actually help sleep or just make alcohol less toxic? I have a good friends wedding saturday. most likely will abstain but thinking about it.. last time I drank was new years lol

basementdweller
06-04-2018, 02:29 PM
Taking it before drinking might make you slightly less drunk, taking it after drinking improves sleep by reducing GABA "rebound"

Cdsnuts
06-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Taking it before drinking might make you slightly less drunk, taking it after drinking improves sleep by reducing GABA "rebound"

The god damn booze rooster. Get's me every time.

Durantia37
06-04-2018, 06:15 PM
so would this actually help sleep or just make alcohol less toxic? I have a good friends wedding saturday. most likely will abstain but thinking about it.. last time I drank was new years lol

Don't do it man.

Cdsnuts
06-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Don't do it man.

Typically VERY sound advice, which is why I preach it. But, I think he's far enough along that he could indulge without setting himself back too much. You guys are two very different cases. Given where he is now I think it wouldn't be too bad. That being said, abstinence is always best until you're recovered.

DrivenToRecover
06-05-2018, 08:12 AM
I'm completely sold on cold exposure. It's almost fucking magical.

I've gone up to 20 minutes in ~35-degree water 1-2 times per day. I'm scared to push any closer to freezing myself

You cold adapt incredibly fast doing this. Its not uncomfortable anymore actually being in the tub. Even after 20 minutes I only get out because that's where I cut myself off lol

Brazilianguy
06-05-2018, 09:11 AM
I've gone up to 20 minutes in ~35-degree water 1-2 times per day. I'm scared to push any closer to freezing myself

You cold adapt incredibly fast doing this. Its not uncomfortable anymore actually being in the tub. Even after 20 minutes I only get out because that's where I cut myself off lol

Interesting, I completely agree with semen abstinence. I was getting great results but I notice everytime I would have a wet dream I would get a mini crash. I even try to avoid the wet dreams (I don't eat peanuts, I don't eat too much spicy food, chocolate).

One thing I notice if I workout I may get wet dreams or my cortisol increase to a level that I get a mini mini crash, so I will try Yoga exercises, and the hom noise inside of your head must be cool to sleep.

I also notice that right after taking the herb I start jogging or running I get better results. And if I run a couple days of week the results are even better, I think its related to the nervous system and sweating (maybe it decrease the estrogen and make the herb works better I don't know)

Can you send any link about cold and prolactin? I remember when I was better I could have sex without crashing but now even wet dreams makes me worse, so I need to be very cautious and get better faster to cross this stage of very sensitive body.

Just for your information there are two guys that recovered doing something similar, beekay and elb, they were doing yoga and/or very light workouts to avoid cortisol increase. (They are on the progesterone thread in propeciahelp). Your post inspired me to do some walks everyday.

Brazilianguy
06-05-2018, 09:28 AM

Diet:

6 pastured eggs daily
Bone broth
Lots of spinach
Nutritional yeast

Supplements:

Niacinamide
Malic Acid
Digestive enzymes
Bile salts
Low dose naltrexone
MSM/Sulfur
Ginger
Shilajit daily
Taurine-- with meals

Exercise:

Lifestyle:

Liver flushes
Oil pulling
Epsom salt baths
Self affirmations
Practicing grattitude

I would just recommendo faster walking if possible, like you're late for something. You do cycle herbs right? Like tribulus, maca etc. I feel its impossible to recover without them, at least they are the thing that when I take them I feel great right after and I even get some muscle tonification without any workout.

DrivenToRecover
06-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Interesting, I completely agree with semen abstinence. I was getting great results but I notice everytime I would have a wet dream I would get a mini crash. I even try to avoid the wet dreams (I don't eat peanuts, I don't eat too much spicy food, chocolate).

One thing I notice if I workout I may get wet dreams or my cortisol increase to a level that I get a mini mini crash, so I will try Yoga exercises, and the hom noise inside of your head must be cool to sleep.

I also notice that right after taking the herb I start jogging or running I get better results. And if I run a couple days of week the results are even better, I think its related to the nervous system and sweating (maybe it decrease the estrogen and make the herb works better I don't know)

Can you send any link about cold and prolactin? I remember when I was better I could have sex without crashing but now even wet dreams makes me worse, so I need to be very cautious and get better faster to cross this stage of very sensitive body.

Just for your information there are two guys that recovered doing something similar, beekay and elb, they were doing yoga and/or very light workouts to avoid cortisol increase. (They are on the progesterone thread in propeciahelp). Your post inspired me to do some walks everyday.

Human physiological responses to immersion into water of different temperatures. - PubMed - NCBI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10751106/)

"...Plasma noradrenaline and dopamine concentrations were increased by 530% and by 250% respectively"

Surprising Health Benefits of Extreme Hot and Cold Temperatures
(https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/05/01/health-benefits-extreme-hot-cold-temperatures.aspx)

"You can increase norepinephrine two-fold just by getting into 40-degree water for 20 seconds, or 57-degree water for a few minutes.

While best known as a neurotransmitter, norepinephrine also acts as a hormone. One of its functions is causing vasoconstriction, which helps your body conserve heat. Norepinephrine also acts as a signaling molecule to make more mitochondria in your fat tissue (your main energy reserves)"

Cdsnuts
06-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Human physiological responses to immersion into water of different temperatures. - PubMed - NCBI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10751106/)

"...Plasma noradrenaline and dopamine concentrations were increased by 530% and by 250% respectively"

Surprising Health Benefits of Extreme Hot and Cold Temperatures
(https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/05/01/health-benefits-extreme-hot-cold-temperatures.aspx)

"You can increase norepinephrine two-fold just by getting into 40-degree water for 20 seconds, or 57-degree water for a few minutes.

While best known as a neurotransmitter, norepinephrine also acts as a hormone. One of its functions is causing vasoconstriction, which helps your body conserve heat. Norepinephrine also acts as a signaling molecule to make more mitochondria in your fat tissue (your main energy reserves)"

Great post!

It's funny, because now that's it's warming up, my showers aren't as cold as they used to be. I need COLDER. The colder the water, the better the benefits.

I got to get on this ice bath deal.......

DrivenToRecover
06-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Great post!

It's funny, because now that's it's warming up, my showers aren't as cold as they used to be. I need COLDER. The colder the water, the better the benefits.

I got to get on this ice bath deal.......

Some ppl use epsom salts and get their water below freezing lol

Do it this weekend my man. Plug it in overnight and you'll have it down around 40 by the next day.

Also the tap water was making me feel weird after bathing so I filled mine with reverse osmosis lol

That thing is probably the best $75 I've ever spent.

Cdsnuts
06-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Some ppl use epsom salts and get their water below freezing lol

Do it this weekend my man. Plug it in overnight and you'll have it down around 40 by the next day.

Also the tap water was making me feel weird after bathing so I filled mine with reverse osmosis lol

That thing is probably the best $75 I've ever spent.

I love the commitment. That's how you know how powerful it is.

When you're super connected to life, supreme confidence is a side effect. Everyone that meets Wim say's he radiates positive energy....supposedly has an aura about him.

I can see how this would happen. He's been doing it for decades.