PDA

View Full Version : Last Action Hero

Rulk
12-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Most of us here grew up watching and admiring cinimatic action stars such as Sly, Van Damm, and the one and only Arnold. In my mind Arnold set the bar since his arrival and it has never been equaled. I wonder if we will ever see again anything like Arnold in the movies. What do you guys think?

Eden
12-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I like to think we will but I haven't seen any stars who seem to fit the bill. Christian Bale did really well in the batmans I thought.

Rulk
12-02-2012, 08:12 PM
I really liked the new batman trilogy, and just about anyone can be an action movie star, as it's always been- but.., I don't see anything on the horizon of the same cloth as Arnold, Steve Reeves, Reg Park... Just something I have noticed for a long while. Arnold added a sense of realism and belief over other actors. In Twins when he picked up the back of a car, I really believed he could do it ( back then ), or lopping off arms in Red Sonja with a giant broadsword, Arnold made you believe. Corny amiright.

h2s
12-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Most of us here grew up watching and admiring cinimatic action stars such as Sly, Van Damm, and the one and only Arnold. In my mind Arnold set the bar since his arrival and it has never been equaled. I wonder if we will ever see again anything like Arnold in the movies. What do you guys think?

Arnold is in a new movie. With Knoxville of all people.

Jimbuick
12-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Arnold is in a new movie. With Knoxville of all people.

Knoxville was in walking tall with the rock and I thought that was a pretty good movie.

h2s
12-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Knoxville was in walking tall with the rock and I thought that was a pretty good movie.

Yeah, for all I know he may be great, I just thought it was funny when I was watching the commercial, because I can't picture him outside of a Jackass context.

burlyman30
12-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Yeah, for all I know he may be great, I just thought it was funny when I was watching the commercial, because I can't picture him outside of a Jackass context.

Saw the previews at the theater. Looks like a fun movie. We may have seen the end of the shirtless Arnold movies, but it seems he brings his same brand of humor and one liners to every movie. Bringing in Knoxville keeps Arnold "current" with the times and expands his audience, in my opinion.

Jack O'Neill
12-07-2012, 12:21 AM

Expandables 2 ! Lots of last action heroes !!! :cool:

Very very good movie to my mind.

burlyman30
12-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Liked it ^^^. And the first one too.

Jack O'Neill
12-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Liked it ^^^. And the first one too.

I think the 2nd one was the best. Best story, best fights, best actors :)
Being karateka, I'm a fan of VanDamme and Chuck Norris and they are here in the second movie (yes of course, I'm an inconditionnal fan of Stallone and Schwarzy)

burlyman30
12-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Loved the addition of Chuck Norris in that movie. And I'd agree the 2nd was even better, though I was a fan from the beginning.