PDA

View Full Version : Antaeus Labs - Talos Cycle Support, Heart Support

BBG
12-03-2012, 04:48 PM
TALOS

Talos was a mythological figure in ancient Greece – a giant man of bronze who protected the shores of Crete from invaders.
Now you can harness the power of Talos to support your cardiovascular system.

The Talos formula promotes cardiovascular health in all users, though it is specifically designed to help combat the negative effects of exogenous administration of androgens. Talos seeks to combat the adverse health effects of self-administered anabolic steroids, designer steroids, and prohormones with a combination of antioxidants, vitamins, and potent herbal extracts.

Ingredients:

Black Rice Extract, 25% Anthocyanins (1300mg, per recommended daily dose)
It has long been known that androgens cause an adverse shift the ratios of lipoproteins; causing an increase in low-density lipoproteins (LDL) and a reduction in high-density lipoproteins (HDL). [1] This is due to an increase in postheparin plasma hepatic triglyceride lipase (HTGL) activity; HTGL is the enzyme responsible for the catabolism of HDL. [2] High LDL and low HDL levels are associated with atherosclerosis and heart disease. Anthocyanins have been shown to increase HDL and reduce LDL concentrations in humans, [3][4] which may be due to the inhibition of plasma cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP), an enzyme which transfers cholesterol from HDL cholesterol to very low density or low density lipoproteins. [4] There's also evidence that the hypolipidemic effects of anthocyanins may be due to increased CYP7A1 expression due to agonism of LXRα. [5]

"Our results suggest that anthocyanin supplementation in dyslipidemic patients has a beneficial effect on the lipoprotein profile, which includes a decrease in LDL-cholesterol and an increase in HDL-cholesterol concentrations." [4]

SAMe (400mg from 800mg S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine Disulfate Tosylate)
Soon after the introduction of oral (17a-alkylated) steroids it became apparent that excessive doses or prolonged use can be deleterious to liver function, [6] and since then there have been several case studies of jaundice and liver failure secondary to oral steroid use – both self-administered [7] and in the clinical setting. [8][9] The hepatotoxic effects of oral androgens are of a primarily cholestatic nature.

S-adenosylmethionine is an endogenous methyl group donor and precursor to glutathione, which may be able to prevent androgen-induced cholestasis and liver injury. SAMe can inhibit bile acid-induced hepatocyte apoptosis, [10][11][12] downregulates expression of the inflammatory cytokine TNF-alpha, [13][14] and can reduce oxidative stress via glutathione replenishment, [15] which may also play a role in ameliorating the effects of cholestasis. [16] SAMe has been studied extensively as a safe and effective treatment for pregnancy-induced cholestasis, [17][18][19] and, in a case study, was even shown to reverse severe androgen-induced cholestasis. [20] Due to its distinct mechanism of action, it has an additive effect when used alongside UDCA/TUDCA. [10][18]

As a direct precursor to glutathione and an inhibitor of TNF-alpha and NF-Kb, the benefits associated with SAMe use are not limited to hepatoprotection. It is also in wide use as a general antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.

Ubiquinone (300mg)
Coenzyme Q10 is an essential component of the production of cellular energy. Supplementation has been shown to have a host of benefits, including lowering blood pressure, without significant side effects. [21] It can also maintain heart health by functioning as an antioxidant. By lowering the susceptibility of LDL to oxidation, it may reduce the atherosclerotic (artery-hardening) effects of LDL ("bad cholesterol"). [22][23]
"Our data support the concept that the CoQ10 level of the LDL subfractions is important in minimizing susceptibility of LDL subfractions to oxidation." [22]

Astilbin (200mg)
Anabolic steroids have been shown to increase blood pressure. [24] Androgens stimulate vascular production of 20-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid (20-HETE), which induces endothelial angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE), leading to aldosterone secretion, vasoconstriction, and elevations in arterial blood pressure. [25] This is supported by observations of elevated aldosterone levels in steroid-using bodybuilders. [26] Astilbin is a potent, naturally-occurring ACE inhibitor. [27] ACE inhibitors reduce the production of angiotensin II, resulting in lower blood pressure and improved potassium retention and sodium excretion.

Trans-Resveratrol (200mg)
The naturally-occurring grape-derived antioxidant and phytoestrogen trans-resveratrol is believed to be cardioprotective through a number of mechanisms; amongst other things, it inhibits lipid peroxidation, induces vasorelaxation, and limits oxidative damage through the reduction of reactive oxygen species (ROS). [28]

"Resveratrol, a grape polyphenol, has shown considerable promise as a therapeutic agent in the treatment of liver ailments. Several studies have highlighted the hepatoprotective properties of resveratrol. Resveratrol has been shown to prevent hepatic damage because of free radicals and inflammatory cytokines, induce anti-oxidant enzymes and elevate glutathione content." [29]

Salicylate (175mg)
Administration of anabolic steroids or prohormones enhances platelet aggregation. [30] Salicylic acid decreases platelet aggregation by inhibiting the formation of thromboxane A2, [31] which may reduce the risk of blood clots, heart attack and stroke. [32]

B9, B6, and B12 (2mg, 60mg, 250mcg respectively)
Androgens like testosterone have been shown to increase levels of homocysteine, [33] and the self-administration of anabolic steroids can increase homocysteine levels dramatically. [34] Homocysteine damages the structure of the arteries, and hyperhomocysteinemia (high homocysteine levels) is a strong risk-factor for cardiovascular disease, blood clots, and strokes. [35] Folic acid (B9), pyridoxine (B6), and cobalamin (B12) reduce the levels of homocysteine. [36]

Astaxanthin (16mg)
Astaxanthin promotes healthy lipid metabolism as an antioxidant, [37] as a PPAR-α agonist, [38] and also by promoting expression of ATP-binding cassette transporters A1 and G1 (ABCA1/G1). [39] ABCA1 and ABCG1 mediate the efflux of cholesterol; helping to remove lipids from cells as the initial step in reverse cholesterol transport (RCT). RCT is the process by which cholesterol is shuttled back to the liver by HDL. [40]
"RCT is a pathway that transports cholesterol from extrahepatic cells and tissues to the liver and intestine for excretion. By reducing accumulation of cholesterol in the wall of arteries, RCT may prevent development of atherosclerosis. Cholesterol efflux, part of the RCT process, is a major process by which macrophages within the vessel wall secrete cholesterol outside cells." [40]

References
[1] Krüskemper HL. Anabolic steroids. Academic Press; 1968. p63
[2] Applebaum-Bowden D, Haffner SM, Hazzard WR. The dyslipoproteinemia of anabolic steroid therapy: Increase in hepatic triglyceride lipase precedes the decrease in high density lipoprotein2 cholesterol. Metabolism. 1987 Oct;36(10):949–52.
[3] Zhu Y, Ling W, Guo H, Song F, Ye Q, Zou T, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of purified dietary anthocyanin in adults with hypercholesterolemia: A randomized controlled trial. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2012 Aug 17;
[4] Qin Y, Xia M, Ma J, Hao Y, Liu J, Mou H, et al. Anthocyanin supplementation improves serum LDL- and HDL-cholesterol concentrations associated with the inhibition of cholesteryl ester transfer protein in dyslipidemic subjects. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2009 Sep;90(3):485–92.
[5] Wang D, Xia M, Gao S, Li D, Zhang Y, Jin T, et al. Cyanidin-3-O-β-glucoside upregulates hepatic cholesterol 7α-hydroxylase expression and reduces hypercholesterolemia in mice. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2012 Apr;56(4):610–21.
[6] WERNZE H. Clinical research on the problem of liver damage by certain androgenic and anabolic steroids. Dtsch. Med. Wochenschr. 1960 Dec 16;85:2237–42.
[7] Krishnan PV, Feng Z-Z, Gordon SC. Prolonged intrahepatic cholestasis and renal failure secondary to anabolic androgenic steroid-enriched dietary supplements. J. Clin. Gastroenterol. 2009 Aug;43(7):672–5.
[8] Westaby D, Ogle SJ, Paradinas FJ, Randell JB, Murray-Lyon IM. Liver damage from long-term methyltestosterone. Lancet. 1977 Aug 6;2(8032):262–3.
[9] GORDON BS, WOLF J, KRAUSE T, SHAI F. Peliosis hepatis and cholestasis following administration of norethandrolone. Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 1960 Feb;33:156–65.
[10] Benz, Angermüller, Klöters-Plachky, Sauer, Stremmel, Stiehl. Effect of S-adenosylmethionine versus tauroursodeoxycholic acid on bile acid-induced apoptosis and cytolysis in rat hepatocytes. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 1998;28(7):577–83.
[11] Ansorena E, García-Trevijano ER, Martínez-Chantar ML, Huang Z-Z, Chen L, Mato JM, et al. S-adenosylmethionine and methylthioadenosine are antiapoptotic in cultured rat hepatocytes but proapoptotic in human hepatoma cells. Hepatology. 2002;35(2):274–80.
[12] Yi-Sheng Liu, Wei Cai, Sheng-Mei Wu, Long-Hua Qian. Effect of S-adenosylmethionine on total parenteral nutrition-associated cholestasis. World J Pediatr 2007;3(3):218-221
[13] Purohit V, Abdelmalek MF, Barve S, Benevenga NJ, Halsted CH, Kaplowitz N, et al. Role of S-adenosylmethionine, folate, and betaine in the treatment of alcoholic liver disease: summary of a symposium. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2007 Jul;86(1):14–24.
[14] Chawla RK, Watson WH, Eastin CE, Lee EY, Schmidt J, McClain CJ. S-adenosylmethionine deficiency and TNF-alpha in lipopolysaccharide-induced hepatic injury. Am. J. Physiol. 1998 Jul;275(1 Pt 1):G125–129.
[15] Michael Brown J, Ball JG, Wright MS, Van Meter S, Valentovic MA. Novel protective mechanisms for S-adenosyl-L-methionine against acetaminophen hepatotoxicity: improvement of key antioxidant enzymatic function. Toxicol. Lett. 2012 Aug 3;212(3):320–8.
[16] Copple BL, Jaeschke H, Klaassen CD. Oxidative stress and the pathogenesis of cholestasis. Semin. Liver Dis. 2010 May;30(2):195–204.
[17] Frezza M, Centini G, Cammareri G, Le Grazie C, Di Padova C. S-adenosylmethionine for the treatment of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy. Results of a controlled clinical trial. Hepatogastroenterology. 1990 Dec;37 Suppl 2:122–5.
[18] Nicastri PL, Diaferia A, Tartagni M, Loizzi P, Fanelli M. A randomised placebo-controlled trial of ursodeoxycholic acid and S-adenosylmethionine in the treatment of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1998 Nov;105(11):1205–7.
[19] Frezza M, Pozzato G, Chiesa L, Stramentinoli G, di Padova C. Reversal of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy in women after high dose S-adenosyl-L-methionine administration. Hepatology. 1984 Apr;4(2):274–8.
[20] Bray GP, Tredger JM, Williams R. Resolution of danazol-induced cholestasis with S-adenosylmethionine. Postgrad Med J. 1993 Mar;69(809):237–9.
[21] Rosenfeldt FL, Haas SJ, Krum H, Hadj A, Ng K, Leong J-Y, et al. Coenzyme Q10 in the treatment of hypertension: a meta-analysis of the clinical trials. J Hum Hypertens. 2007 Apr;21(4):297–306.
[22] Alleva R, Tomasetti M, Battino M, Curatola G, Littarru GP, Folkers K. The roles of coenzyme Q10 and vitamin E on the peroxidation of human low density lipoprotein subfractions. PNAS. 1995 Sep 26;92(20):9388–91.
[23] Parthasarathy S, Steinberg D, Witztum JL. The role of oxidized low-density lipoproteins in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. Annu. Rev. Med. 1992;43:219–25.
[24] Achar S, Rostamian A, Narayan SM. Cardiac and metabolic effects of anabolic-androgenic steroid abuse on lipids, blood pressure, left ventricular dimensions, and rhythm. Am. J. Cardiol. 2010 Sep 15;106(6):893–901.
[25] Wu C-C, Schwartzman ML. The role of 20-HETE in androgen-mediated hypertension. Prostaglandins & Other Lipid Mediators. 2011 Nov;96(1–4):45–53.
[26] Chrostowski K KD. Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in bodybuilders using supraphysiological doses of anabolic-androgenic steroids. Biology of Sport. 2011;
[27] Lucas-Filho MD, Silva GC, Cortes SF, Mares-Guia TR, Perpétua Ferraz V, Serra CP, et al. ACE inhibition by astilbin isolated from Erythroxylum gonocladum (Mart.) O.E. Schulz. Phytomedicine. 2010 Apr;17(5):383–7.
[28] Das S, Das DK. Resveratrol: a therapeutic promise for cardiovascular diseases. Recent Pat Cardiovasc Drug Discov. 2007 Jun;2(2):133–8.
[29] Bishayee A, Darvesh AS, Politis T, McGory R. Resveratrol and liver disease: from bench to bedside and community. Liver Int. 2010 Sep;30(8):1103–14.
[30] Weidemann W, Hanke H. Cardiovascular effects of androgens. Cardiovasc Drug Rev. 2002;20(3):175–98.
[31] Hoak JC. Mechanisms of action: aspirin. Thromb. Res. Suppl. 1983;4:47–51.
[32] Apostolakis S, Marín F, Lip GYH. Antiplatelet therapy in stroke prevention. Adv Cardiol. 2012;47:141–54.
[33] Giltay EJ, Hoogeveen EK, Elbers JMH, Gooren LJG, Asscheman H, Stehouwer CDA. Effects of Sex Steroids on Plasma Total Homocysteine Levels: A Study in Transsexual Males and Females. JCEM. 1998 Feb 1;83(2):550–3.
[34] Ebenbichler CF, Kaser S, Bodner J, Gander R, Lechleitner M, Herold M, et al. Hyperhomocysteinemia in bodybuilders taking anabolic steroids. Eur. J. Intern. Med. 2001 Feb;12(1):43–7.
[35] Lippi G, Plebani M. Hyperhomocysteinemia in health and disease: where we are now, and where do we go from here? Clin. Chem. Lab. Med. 2012 Jun 30;
[36] Olszewski AJ, Szostak WB, Bialkowska M, Rudnicki S, McCully KS. Reduction of plasma lipid and homocysteine levels by pyridoxine, folate, cobalamin, choline, riboflavin, and troxerutin in atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. 1989 Jan;75(1):1–6.
[37] Fassett RG, Coombes JS. Astaxanthin, oxidative stress, inflammation and cardiovascular disease. Future Cardiol. 2009 Jul;5(4):333–42.
[38] Jia Y, Kim J-Y, Jun H-J, Kim S-J, Lee J-H, Hoang MH, et al. The natural carotenoid astaxanthin, a PPAR-α agonist and PPAR-γ antagonist, reduces hepatic lipid accumulation by rewiring the transcriptome in lipid-loaded hepatocytes. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2012 Jun;56(6):878–88.
[39] Iizuka M, Ayaori M, Uto-Kondo H, Yakushiji E, Takiguchi S, Nakaya K, et al. Astaxanthin enhances ATP-binding cassette transporter A1/G1 expressions and cholesterol efflux from macrophages. J. Nutr. Sci. Vitaminol. 2012;58(2):96–104.
[40] Ohashi R, Mu H, Wang X, Yao Q, Chen C. Reverse cholesterol transport and cholesterol efflux in atherosclerosis. QJM. 2005 Dec 1;98(12):845–56.

h2s
12-03-2012, 04:55 PM
So can you get me one in time for my cycle or what?

USN HM 350Z
12-03-2012, 05:38 PM
price point?

longBallLima
12-03-2012, 05:43 PM
so you say that AFTER i start my cycle? way to go! :P

JK

BBG
12-03-2012, 05:56 PM
54.99 for (what I believe is) a month's supply. You guys should look up some of the ingredients and read about their effects. The astaxanthin especially.

Rulk
12-03-2012, 07:08 PM
54.99 for (what I believe is) a month's supply. You guys should look up some of the ingredients and read about their effects. The astaxanthin especially.
Planning on it. Looks good already from a quick glance.

DJM
12-03-2012, 07:53 PM
So can you get me one in time for my cycle or what?

moi aussi!

Cobalt
12-03-2012, 08:13 PM

Any idea when it'll be shipping?

BBG
12-03-2012, 08:18 PM

Any idea when it'll be shipping?

Ships on or before 12/21/2012

O_RYAN_007
12-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Sounds promising! I might need to get a couple bottles for my next coming run next year.

pman42
12-04-2012, 01:14 AM
unique ingredients, definitely not a "me too" formulation. i'll have to do some research on the ingredients, but looks real good

Cobalt
12-06-2012, 12:27 PM
BBG, any word on other web stores that will carry Talos?
Nothing again Antaeus Labs themselves, but their own web store is kinda pricey compared to other places.

h2s
12-06-2012, 12:36 PM
BBG, any word on other web stores that will carry Talos?
Nothing again Antaeus Labs themselves, but their own web store is kinda pricey compared to other places.

prohormoneforum most likely will.

BBG
01-22-2013, 06:25 AM
Anyone here using Talos yet, or planning on it?

Bucks
01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Planning on it shortly . Just picked up a few bottles for my next cycle.

Sperwer
01-22-2013, 08:08 PM
I scored a bunch on sale at NutraPlanet (along with a raft-full of other Antaeus products on sale). Unfortunately, they sent it to my US billing address instead of my Korean shipping address, so I'll have to wait until I get back to the World again in late March to pick it up; don't want to pay twice for the shipping.

BBG
01-24-2013, 02:33 AM
Good stuff guys. I really suggest you start at A SINGLE CAPSULE. Work your way up. I only take 2. That means this bottle lasts me for a good long while.

I'll be putting together a little info on some of the ingredients like Coq10 shortly... keep an eye out.

weekend
01-24-2013, 04:43 AM
Good stuff guys. I really suggest you start at A SINGLE CAPSULE. Work your way up. I only take 2. That means this bottle lasts me for a good long while.

I'll be putting together a little info on some of the ingredients like Coq10 shortly... keep an eye out.

Why start at a single capsule? I started at 4... Almost halfway done with the bottle lol. I haven't noticed anything except that it doesn't bother my stomach at all..

BBG
01-24-2013, 05:40 AM
Why start at a single capsule? I started at 4... Almost halfway done with the bottle lol. I haven't noticed anything except that it doesn't bother my stomach at all..

I started at one just to see if it would help out with my BP. It did! So I figured why use more if I can use less :)

Though 4 is obviously more beneficial with the coq10, res-v, etc.

Cobalt
02-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Just had to bump this and give a huge thumbs-up to AL for Talos.
I just finished off my first bottle and cracked open my second. I've been running it at 4 a day (2 in the am and 2 in the pm) and it has been a god send.

I pulled 425 x 2 deadlifting a few days ago with NO blood rush or lightheadedness.

Keep up the great work!

BBG
02-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Just had to bump this and give a huge thumbs-up to AL for Talos.
I just finished off my first bottle and cracked open my second. I've been running it at 4 a day (2 in the am and 2 in the pm) and it has been a god send.

I pulled 425 x 2 deadlifting a few days ago with NO blood rush or lightheadedness.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks cobalt for the nice review. Can't wait to see what else we have in store for you guys.

weekend
02-07-2013, 06:53 PM
talos seems to work well at preventing palpitations from adderall.

Bucks
02-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Giving Talos a run on my current cycle. AM/AH/Mecha/into Trenazone. Goal is to keep BP down while continuing to make progress in lifts. Currently taking 2am 2 pm on the Talos and I'm in week 2 of a hopefully 10 week cycle. Already had to drop the Jack3d which I love :).

BBG
02-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Good stuff, keep us informed.

Bucks
02-12-2013, 02:21 PM
BP seems better as long as I stay away from the Jacked 3d and keep Talos @ 4 per day. If its good 2 more days I'm upping Mecha to 150 from 125. Love'n Mecha !!! I think I'm going to stock a pile of it! Can't wait to throw in the Trenazone next .

Bucks
02-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Talos update. Still good on the BP and no other sides (outside of pumps out of this world!) . Talos currently at 4 per day. AH4/AM8/Mecha150 and Trenazone getting tossed in this weekend !
Also still running Achilles and Flex for my joints that are drying out. (Or the AH would be higher!) The euphoric feeling from Mecha is out of this world!

DJM
03-06-2013, 09:26 AM
^^^update on the talos with the trena tossed in?

Bucks
03-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Now running AH6/AM8/Mecha 150/ TZ 2ML . BP gets a spike here and there but not like dizziness or nose bleeds when lifting. I got a slight headache yesterday and I have one again today so I may add 2 more Talos to 6 per day.

I feel like the baddest motherfucker on the planet when I start lifting or get into an argument. And sex holy shit!

DJM
03-06-2013, 10:39 AM
thanks, was interested in talos' effectiveness

Bucks
03-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Typically my BP goes up at about wk 5-6. When everything is really clicking. We'll see how it goes I have 10 more days of Mecha. Then my plan is to up TZ to 3ML.