PDA

View Full Version : Power meals and foods for better performance

Rulk
12-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Power foods and meals that you notice outperform other foods you normally eat. Please share.

I stayed away from gluten and bread type foods for almost a year. One day I had spaghetti and breadsticks for dinner, and I swear the next day it was like creatine on creatine;) No but really, I had more endurance and strength the following day. After that I started to plan on meals like that before days like, bench, squats or deadlifts.

So yeah, pasta containing meals work great for me, probably better than any other food I normaly eat. Looking for other foods that can give me that pleasant surprise.

DJM
12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
no food , but cna attest to the carb load feeling the day after......i blaze and eat all friday night into sat night.....sunday workout im hard as nails and pumps are increased,,,, eat clean sun through fri evening......sugar baby

Coolazice
12-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Hope you get a lot of participation to this thread, because we can all use more ideas in this department. Great thread idea, Noa!

O_RYAN_007
12-03-2012, 11:01 PM
no food , but cna attest to the carb load feeling the day after......i blaze and eat all friday night into sat night.....sunday workout im hard as nails and pumps are increased,,,, eat clean sun through fri evening......sugar baby

Man, to be able to blaze again!

An engineering career is great, but the randoms just suck balls! LOL

Mr_math
12-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Steak. For sure. Also a big salmon filet.

I feel you Ryan, but after you get out of doing it, it's hard to sit down and be able to do it. I feel like I have to find time to spark.... Like after finals this Thursday lol. Then I have time :)

Rulk
12-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Hope you get a lot of participation to this thread, because we can all use more ideas in this department. Great thread idea, Noa!

Thank you mate!

I'm trying a carb supplement called Carbonx from VPX right now. I know, I never thought I would every buy and use a carb supp in my life, but the damn ads sucked me in! Tomorrow is Jits, so I will take a gda and then take the carbonx and see how it goes. Tried it once before and I think I may have noticed a little more endurance, but I also took Concrete, so..

DJM
12-04-2012, 06:46 AM
^^^^they all suck you in it seems lol
do you by any chance blaze then watch the home shopping network haha

tbh i was looking at karbolyn, but after 10min said fk that, gatorade powder works for me

Rulk
12-04-2012, 04:14 PM
^^ I am a sucker, therefore I avoid the shopping network lol

Blaze....?? What's that ;)

h2s
12-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Steak + Quinoa + Sweet Potato might be the perfect meal for me.

Milburn
03-14-2013, 06:09 AM
Fresh fruits juices and Protein based foods are more important to get more energy and power.
You should take natural protein foods such as eggs, milk, fish, nuts, meat, fresh fruits juices, and protein shakes etc. in your breakfast and lunch.
These foods will provide you more energy and power to improve your overall performance.

Maitland Personal Trainer (http://bootcampmaitland.com.au/Personal-Trainer-Maitland)

JM1000
04-07-2013, 12:08 PM
My breakfast consists of 3 whole eggs, pineapple and grapefruit, maybe 1/2 a banana and a whey protein shake (sometimes i'll add oatmeal if i'm working out in the morning).

I feel great during the day with the egg/fruit mix gives me alot of energy first thing in the morning... saw a big difference from when I was only eating eggs and oatmeal for breakfast.

burlyman30
04-07-2013, 04:09 PM
The more steak I eat, the stronger I get. I'm not a steak and potato guy... I prefer steak and veggies, actually. Or just more steak to go with my steak. :)

JM1000
04-07-2013, 07:22 PM
TurBaconEpic Thanksgiving - Epic Meal Time - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ)

This my friend is a "power meal" ... performances on another side, remain to be tested..

Broly
04-07-2013, 07:46 PM
A well rounded meal... meat,veggies,bread,fruit.